PDA

View Full Version : I finally got burned on Ebay..

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
11-21-2007, 09:33 AM
I bought a motherboard for my laptop in June. After install, the computer never fired up so I contacted the guy and sent it back. After he received it, he claimed the board sustained "heavy damage" and was probably installed incorrectly. Also, he had "never sold a mo/bo that didn't fire up and they came direct from Dell".. After weeks of email correspondance, he just stopped communicating. I sent a number of emails asking him to call me or at least reply to the email and i have recieved neither...
Any suggestions on how to proceed? Total value is $130 so it isnt a back-breaker but this guy has really pissed me off. He's got my bad board AND my money.

Lightning
11-21-2007, 09:34 AM
There is a grievance resolution available on ebay....assuming you completed your purchase through ebay. Also, if you paid with paypal, you can dispute it with paypal as well.

Squeezing Spectra
11-21-2007, 09:35 AM
How did you pay him ?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
11-21-2007, 09:38 AM
I did pay thru Paypal but I read that the window for resolution is only or 60 days after receipt of payment and a minimum of $200.

Big Warlock
11-21-2007, 09:40 AM
I bought a motherboard for my laptop in June. After install, the computer never fired up so I contacted the guy and sent it back. After he received it, he claimed the board sustained "heavy damage" and was probably installed incorrectly. Also, he had "never sold a mo/bo that didn't fire up and they came direct from Dell".. After weeks of email correspondance, he just stopped communicating. I sent a number of emails asking him to call me or at least reply to the email and i have recieved neither...
Any suggestions on how to proceed? Total value is $130 so it isnt a back-breaker but this guy has really pissed me off. He's got my bad board AND my money.
If you start with your flight to Vegas with a crazy 25 year old pilot, three burly biker dudes and two hookers, we are not going to be able to help you! :D

CARLSON-JET
11-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Sorry, IMO You're pretty much out of luck after this much time.. I don't think even a credit card company would go after it. At this point you can't leave neg feedback either.. with 1k transactions, I've been burned on 3 items. One being a mobo.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
11-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Sorry, IMO You're pretty much out of luck after this much time.. I don't think even a credit card company would go after it. At this point you can't leave neg feedback either.. with 1k transactions, I've been burned on 3 items. One being a mobo.
I think you're right. And that's what pisses me off the most.
I am now seeking advice on revenge!!!! Mwaaaahhhaaaaaaa:devil:

snake321
11-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Start up a new ebay account,bid on his stuff and negative the hell out of him.

No Name
11-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Start up a new ebay account,bid on his stuff and negative the hell out of him.
Don’t do that….It’s called feedback abuse and eBay will just remove it and suspend your account.
eBay will remove feedback ratings and comments if they meet the standard for feedback abuse outlined in the ‘Additional Information’ section below. In addition, eBay offers members the opportunity to withdraw feedback ratings using Mutual Feedback Rating Withdrawal.
Members should use caution and good judgment when leaving feedback for another member of the eBay community, because:
Feedback cannot be edited or removed once it has been left. It generally becomes a permanent part of a member's eBay record and is viewable by the entire eBay community.
Members could be held legally responsible for damages to a member's reputation if a court were to find that the remarks constitute libel or defamation. Under federal law (the Communications Decency Act), because eBay does not censor feedback or investigate it for accuracy, eBay is not legally responsible for the remarks that members post, even if those remarks are defamatory. However, this law does not protect the person who leaves the feedback from responsibility for it.

mbrown2
11-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Maybe I missed it, but did you already leave feedback? I don't leave feedback until the transaction is complete and I have inspected the goods.

HocusPocus
11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
seems it happens to everyone eventually, im just lucky it hasn't happened to me yet. not sure there is much you can do except move on.