PDA

View Full Version : Beismeyer

Ian
02-05-2003, 06:11 PM
I don't know if I spelled that correctly, so let me know if I didn't. Anyways, I might be aquiring a Beismeyer jetboat for free, it was an old circle boat. This girl's mom I know got it from her dad when he passed away and it's been sitting covered in her backyard for ever, now she just wants to get rid of it. All I know is when he was racing it in the 70's it was running in the mid 90's, I don't know what condition it's in or what motor it has. Can anyone tell me anything about these boats or possibly show me some pictures, what are some things I should looking for.

76biesmeyer
02-05-2003, 06:41 PM
hell I haven,t got it right yet!! lets see some pics.Mine is a v-drive but if I can help just ask.

Ian
02-05-2003, 08:43 PM
I'll post pics as soon as I can get over there, but for now it would be great if someone else had a pic of a Biesmeyer jet. The family is going through a divorce so I want to give them some space, lucky for me the wife owns the boat and said I can have it!

1Bahnerjet
02-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Ian, DAMN YOUR LUCKY! A FREE BIESEMEYER!

SK48
02-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Biesemeyer jet boats worked really well. If you get it you are lucky. There were two bottoms that I know of on the Biesemeyer jet race boats. One was a shallow v, and the other was the same bottom with a gull wing chine like a 19' Rogers Bonneville. I circle raced a D'Cucci v bottom jet, same as a biesemeyer in the mid 80's. Boat worked excellent, turned like a flatbottom and we won most of the races in those years. Boat needs lots of horsepower to make it work as it runs flatter & wetter than a Rogers/Advantage deep v.

mo
02-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Here's a picture of an older Biesmeyer
1952 Biesmeyer (http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Reader_Rides/V-Drives&image=Biesmeyer_.JPG&img=&tt=)

Floored
02-07-2003, 05:06 PM
I have the gullwing style Biesemeyer jet and love it. only freeboard is surface tension of water. they sit low in water,but i run a boat anchor 455 olds and it runs quite well with it.they are a beautiful boat and i'm keeping mine. I'm in apple valley just a few miles away for comparisons

1Bahnerjet
02-08-2003, 10:08 AM
The # 1 Biesemeyer circle race boat K-50 COLDFIRE http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/B1.JPG
[ February 08, 2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: 1Bahnerjet ]