PDA

View Full Version : Text Message Campain to Support our Troops

Lana
11-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Let's help get a million text messages sent over to our troops!!!
ORANGE – More than 100 students, faculty and staff members at Chapman University took part in a mass tenting campaign Tuesday to encourage Americans to send 1 million thank you text messages to U.S. troops.
The campaign, organized by Chapman freshman Shauna Fleming, 18, continues through midnight Thursday.
Tuesday afternoon, participants gathered at Memorial Hall to raise awareness of the campaign and encourage people to text to the troops.
“I think we are going to go above and beyond,” said Fleming, who founded the military support Web site amillionthanks.org. “It's something that doesn't really take much time but means a lot.”
Those who send a message of thanks to a member of the armed services at 89279 will receive a reply from someone serving in any of 177 countries.
Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint (Nextel, Qwest) and AT&T Wireless (Cingular) are providing free access through the America Supports You text-messaging program.
Fleming said the campaign aims to let the troops know Americans appreciate what they are doing during the Thanksgiving holiday season.
Fleming predicts more than 1 million thank-you text messages will be sent. “I know we are doing very well. It's something people are really excited about because it's a very personal way to connect with the troops.”
Fleming's A Million Thanks organization was the first member of the America Supports You program. Since its March 2004 founding, A Million Thanks has collected about 4 million letters that are sent to troops throughout the year. The America Supports You program has about 300 grass-roots organizations that support the troops through letters, care packages, help to the wounded when they return home and help to military families.
A handful of students turned out with signs to protest the war in Iraq.

Nucking futs
11-22-2007, 01:59 AM
What a bunch of hipocrits.... you all say you want to do your part but ignore a thread that is important!!!!!
You all suck.....
I sent mine...Happy turkey day, and the least you could do is thank the troops!!!!!
Sandbar fags suck!!!!!!

73kona455
11-22-2007, 06:19 AM
http://www.americasupportsyou.mil/americasupportsyou/index.aspx

RitcheyRch
11-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Sent mine a few days ago.

XtrmWakeborder
11-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Something wrong with sprint? My TMs don't work...

Havasu Luvr
11-22-2007, 11:23 AM
What a bunch of hipocrits.... you all say you want to do your part but ignore a thread that is important!!!!!
You all suck.....
I sent mine...Happy turkey day, and the least you could do is thank the troops!!!!!
Sandbar fags suck!!!!!!
I thank the troops every morning I wake up and every evening when I lay down to sleep. I also thank my sons who patrol outside the wire in Baghdad every time they call me between "Blackouts" My action speak louder then this forum .... HOOAH ! !

XtrmWakeborder
11-22-2007, 12:52 PM
AHH it works now, sent.

vmjtc3
11-22-2007, 01:33 PM
I thank the troops every morning I wake up and every evening when I lay down to sleep. I also thank my sons who patrol outside the wire in Baghdad every time they call me between "Blackouts" My action speak louder then this forum .... HOOAH ! !
Amen to that! I thank our troops everyday as well! And pray for my son and all of our troops safety as they serve our country ! HOOAH!!!!!!;)