PDA

View Full Version : going to parker... have a few questions!

afi823
03-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Goin out to parker at the end of march since last summer 6 months ago, (way stoked) but i need to get my shti together and just wanna make sure everything is cool b4 im stranded at the dam floating into the damn S curve cursing..... :mad:
What are some things to look over on my boat/motor before it take it out?
Any specific things to look for?
What type of grease do i put in the pump? and how many squirts ...(pump was recently rebuilt; about 20 hours on rebuilt berkeley jet)
fuel filter?
Oil change?
Sorry guys for the lame ?'s...... but it would really help me out!
Thx,
Chris

n8dawg
03-05-2006, 11:59 AM
I dont know about your pump but here's a few suggestions if your scared of getting stranded.
Change oil/filter, fuel filter, check your cap & rotor, plugs & wires replace if needed. Be sure that the battery is charged. And last but not least check your fan belt. I carry extra oil, cap, rotor and fan belt along with a varitiy of tools and what nots.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Nate

n8dawg
03-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Don't forget to start it before you launch, just to make sure.
We live 5 minutes from a lake where we take it out before going to the river. It really helps if you have to trouble shoot a problem.

BOOGEYMAN
03-05-2006, 12:31 PM
fan belt??

GunninGopher
03-05-2006, 02:11 PM
One thing I learned the hard way at Parker is that they can shut the dam down and you'll loose feet of water in a matter of minutes. I hear that it often happens on Wednesday, at least that is when it happened to me. In the afternoon they'll shut the damn down and won't start it up until the next day.
I had to leave a boat on the shore overnight about 3 miles upriver from where I was staying. It made me quite nervous.

Bradf
03-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Simple here but, Drive UP river from camp... you can always float back down...