PDA

View Full Version : Shopping at 4am WTF! Who the hell..

bigq
11-23-2007, 08:48 AM
gets up at 4 am to go shopping?
Are the deals that great for this one day? You can't tell me the stores are giving this stuff away for no profit.:rolleyes:

Mrs. 20
11-23-2007, 08:56 AM
We do! Me and my daughter go while the boys stay home and sleep. I don't think the deals are that great, but its just kind of fun to rush around. Plus I got one of those cool digital picture frames for $45. :D

XtrmWakeborder
11-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Not a freakin chance. I did it the day after christmas and learned my lesson.

Baja Big Dog
11-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Dam..wish I knew about it, I would have gotten up at three fricken thirty to go shopping!!!
This is the time of year I go girlfriend shopping, they come in handy for getting all this shit done!!!

thatguy
11-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Fock that! Saw some fools on the news been "camped out" for like 24 hrs.
I'll pay full price, I got that kind of cash. :eek: :D :eek:
Tommy

azgfboatgirl
11-23-2007, 09:10 AM
I can't believe people line up the night before! There were hundreds of people in line at Best Buy last night. Crazy! :)

jdf
11-23-2007, 09:17 AM
what four ,,i need to sleep more than shop wait i don't shop this must be a dream

yopengo
11-23-2007, 09:34 AM
My oldest daughter (17) works for Circuit City and had to be at work at 4 am. She said the line was 500 + people in line…..wtf? :eek: :confused:

Nord
11-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Usually the only things that are a great deal on Black Friday are junk.

ratso
11-23-2007, 10:15 AM
I heard blown dough was first in line... seems she has 800 bucks burning a hole in her pocket...

CARLSON-JET
11-23-2007, 10:24 AM
I happend to go to bed early last night and woke up early today. I thought what the heck. We have a new Bestbuy down the road and this is a small town so the odds of getting something good would seem decent. I walked in 5 minutes after 5 and the place was a standing zoo. Hard drives and ram were my goal. 10 minutes later, mission accomplished. I guess they don't make good gifts etc.
There were literally relay "TEAMS" of people grabbing crap, standing in line and running things out to the car. I never would have guessed you need a relay team to go shopping... Crazy times. :confused:

shueman
11-23-2007, 10:47 AM
WTF could be worth it...:confused: Bait & switch merchandising seems to have a new life...:rolleyes:

Tremor Therapy
11-23-2007, 11:02 AM
You know I thought the same thing...what kind of idiot gets up at 4 am to go shopping? Then I saw a Fry's add that had the Mitsubishi HDTV I have wanted for $1000 less than the last sale they had, so I was one of the idiots there at 7 am. I am damn glad I got there as well, as there were only 2 left! :eek: They sold 13 of the damn things in less than 2 hours, and about 20 of the larger tv sizes in the same 3 hours! :eek:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-23-2007, 11:24 AM
I refuse to participate in the "Black Friday" nonsense. :mad: If retailers don't meet sales goals then the press posts a bunch of gloom and doom and shame on us for not doing our part to keep this inflated joke of an economy going. We are buying very little this year. Mom & Dad, neices and nephews, the kids are getting 1-2 gifts each under the tree and we're going skiing for Christmas. We are giving our kids memories, rather than junk they'll toss out in 6 months. My New Years Resolution is going to be to consume less next year.

Flyinbowtie
11-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Got up this morning at my usual 0530 'cause my fockin back is kiilin' me, turned on the local news.
There wasn't any.
Apparently, all three of the Sacto local stations found it necessary to prove to their audience that the economy is booming by having members of their crack reporting staff posted at every single retail outlet in the area to document all of the folks out at o'dark-thirty, burinin' up the brand new plastic to pay for yet another in a series of SuperneatoBitchinola-Whiz-bang-gotta-have-it-made in China crap (Limited Release, Collectors Edition) that will be broken and forgotten before Valentines' Day, if it lasts that long.
So we didn't get much news.
Not to be a wet blanket, but methinks that in a month or two when gas hits 4bucks or better a gallon, and the bill for the "Holidays" arrives, and folks start havin' to think about tax time, things are gonna get a bit dicey out there at the Mall.:rolleyes:
When the hell are these people going to wake up?
Are they really going to wait until even Capitol One won't give 'em a card?

ratso
11-23-2007, 02:04 PM
wifey did,and didn't buy SHIT:idea: i said you got up at 3:30 got dressed and picked up her freind,went to wallmart,fought the nutts and didn't buy shit:D "GOOD GIRL":D
I was trying to get someone "undressed" at 3:30... I didn't get shit either.:(

DeltaSigBoater
11-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Did that 2 years ago... never again!
Read in the paper this morning that these mortgage people who've lost their $100-250K a year jobs, are having to resort to retail jobs, just to get buy. You'd think that they would've saved some money over the past couple of years :rolleyes:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Read in the paper this morning that these mortgage people who've lost their $100-250K a year jobs, are having to resort to retail jobs, just to get buy. You'd think that they would've saved some money over the past couple of years :rolleyes:
No, they've been too busy spending it like there's no tomorrow.

Wavemaker
11-23-2007, 04:04 PM
The #@%$&*! TV news helicopters (4 of them!) awoke us hovering over our neighborhood to get the live coverage shots for thier morning news shows. We were awakened before 4:00 a.m. by this excessive noise. Would I go shopping at that time of the morning? NO WAY! Nothing the stores have on these early sales is worth it to me. Why don't the stores just all open at midnight on Thanksgiving nite to stop the madness of what stores will be the first to open on Black Friday? It is really getting crazy for these sales. More of the same happens with the day after Christmas sales also. By the way, we bought our home in our neighborhood many years before the shopping mall was ever planned or built.

Dribble
11-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I have a hard enough time getting up at 4:00 am to take a leak.

photo chick
11-23-2007, 04:27 PM
I can't stand shopping on a regular day let alone when the rest of the world is there....no way!!!
The news showed people here in Dallas last night in 35 degree weather camped out in line, absolutely ludicris!

bigq
11-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Wellsomeone has a shitload of money because it looked like the lines were long at 4am, maybe its a credit thing.

bigq
11-23-2007, 06:19 PM
You know I thought the same thing...what kind of idiot gets up at 4 am to go shopping? Then I saw a Fry's add that had the Mitsubishi HDTV I have wanted for $1000 less than the last sale they had, so I was one of the idiots there at 7 am. I am damn glad I got there as well, as there were only 2 left! :eek: They sold 13 of the damn things in less than 2 hours, and about 20 of the larger tv sizes in the same 3 hours! :eek:
Damn that is a good deal;)
I saw Frys also and was tempted to be honest, not a TV though:D

Cheap Thrills
11-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I can't stand shopping on a regular day let alone when the rest of the world is there....no way!!!
Bah Humbug :yuk:
I hate crowds too, and truth be told people stink !
I can't stand to be around a bunch of smelly assholes,armpits and rank breath.
Not to mention the rotten attitudes and general unfriendly nature of "Holiday Shoppers" I may walk in grinning from ear to ear with good intentions of attempting to spread a little joy to my friends and family by getting them something nice, but usually by the time I leave I'm ready to kill some people. :D
So with that said, I'm going to the mall tomorrow bright and early @ 8ish Maybe I'll make it through the day without tearing somebodies head off for being stinky and smug.
Maybe, at least I'll have a fat lady story to tell when I get back.
Wish Me Luck. :p
T.

photo chick
11-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Not to mention the rotten attitudes and general unfriendly nature of "Holiday Shoppers" I may walk in grinning from ear to ear with good intentions of attempting to spread a little joy to my friends and family by getting them something nice, but usually by the time I leave I'm ready to kill some people. :D
So with that said, I'm going to the mall tomorrow bright and early @ 8ish Maybe I'll make it through the day without tearing somebodies head off for being stinky and smug.
T.
Yes good luck, I hope you make it out safely.....with a fat chick story! :D
My mom is in town and making me go to the mall tomorrow, I will be irritable all day because of her! :mad:

hotsand65
11-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Watch the online companies - supposedly there is going to be a rush on good deals that you can only get online Monday. I'd much rather do it online and have it shipped.

Throttle
11-23-2007, 11:02 PM
but it was not to go shopping

bigq
11-24-2007, 10:09 AM
T.
This is why Al Gore invented the Internet, ONLINE SHOPPING!:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-24-2007, 10:32 AM
I do about 75% of my shopping online.

Cheap Thrills
11-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I made it back without buying a darn thing. The Christmas music in the mall was obnoxiously loud and irritating to say the least. Oh I did stop at Starbucks for 2 large cups of coffee for $4.20 I handed the clerk 4 bucks and was digging for change when she handed me .85c back. :idea: I guess basic math skills aren't a prerequisite for the posistion of coffee jerk.. Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth I pocketed the change and tried to enjoy the coffee while humming along with "♪♫♪♫Fa la la la laa oh shut the hell up ♪♫♪♫. Another 2 hours wandering aimlessly through specialty boutiques and a trip through Spencer's to read the dirty tasteless Christmas cards I had had enough of the Fa lala la la laaa blairing at me.
I did stop at the Texas Roadhouse for a steak lunch and a tall glass of local micro brew. The waitress had some perfume on that drove me to primal instincts. I'm not sure if it was some of that pheromone or what , but it was definitely doing a number on me.
Try enjoying a 10 Oz. Sirloin with a raging boner. and yes Fa la la la laaaa was playing there too :rolleyes:
Bah Humbug...
T.

HavaSkank
11-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Im headed to Victoria Gardens, but not to shop. Im gonna plop my ass on a barstool at Yardhouse, uncomfortably root for UCLA, and make fun of the folks who think saving $4.59 on a tacky sweater is worthly of jackin' your Saturday.
Suckas.