PDA

View Full Version : Zoomies

YOUPER
11-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Does Anyone Run Zoomies With Mufflers Or Know Anyone That Does? How Does It Work, Good Bad Or Ugly? Thank You.

P-Money
11-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Mufflers!? Are you a WOMAN or a YOUPER? :D

flattie
11-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I think we could run zoomies all we want in cedar river

ol guy
11-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Not happy to admit but I have seen guys on the parker stretch run small super traps on zoomies to keep the water cops off. Performance?????

YOUPER
11-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Mufflers!? Are you a WOMAN or a YOUPER? :D
IF I RUN THEM OPEN THE TICKETS WOULD PILE UP QUICK. AROUND HERE YOU FART TO LOAD THEY ARE UP YOUR ASS WITH A METER.

P-Money
11-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I know, just giving you sh&t.

FOXMAN
11-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Yeah mufflers..eventualy:( I dont know what the law is at Lake Geneva??? But my guess its the same as Winnebago.. Not very long ago a guy i know was launching his fountain with triple big blocks.. he was warming it up at the dock when the boat patrol rolled up.. After a short discusion,the guy says just give me my ticket so i can get out on the water.. the warden gave him the ticket and made him load it back on the trailer and told him not to put it in the water untill it could pass the db. level check.. not sure what that number is.. but i will look into it..

YOUPER
11-24-2007, 08:50 AM
I know, just giving you sh&t.
PAT YOUR STILL KICKING I SEE. YOU GOING TO COME OUT AND PLAY NEXT YEAR?

jockorace
11-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Tony,
Back to your original question. Zoomies with mufflers are an oxymoron. I ran them on my previous blown flat once and they absolutely KILLED the HP. I actually blew 2 of them right out of the pipes!. I suppose they would work on a N/A motor, but only for looks. My son still has my zoomies (chrome Bassetts) if you wanted to try them. Hey, he also has a few magneto's. Did you still need one? I'll need one for my new project (lookout, tunnel V-DRIVE coming your way!). Jocko

YOUPER
11-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Tony,
Back to your original question. Zoomies with mufflers are an oxymoron. I ran them on my previous blown flat once and they absolutely KILLED the HP. I actually blew 2 of them right out of the pipes!. I suppose they would work on a N/A motor, but only for looks. My son still has my zoomies (chrome Bassetts) if you wanted to try them. Hey, he also has a few magneto's. Did you still need one? I'll need one for my new project (lookout, tunnel V-DRIVE coming your way!). Jocko
HEY DAVE .GOOD TO HERE FROM YOU, I JUST SOLD MY HEADERS. SO I WAS THINKING OF GOING TO ZOOMIES, AND WAS LOOKING FOR SOME PROS AND CONS. I GOT A MAG. WHAT DID YOU GET NOW? DO YOU HAVE IT HOME YET?

jockorace
11-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I'll send you some pics. No, it's no here yet. I have a guy that will deliver it fo $1K from North Carolina to my house. That way I don't have to drive freakin' 2,800 miles (round trip). Dave

amatosanger
11-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Does Anyone Run Zoomies With Mufflers Or Know Anyone That Does? How Does It Work, Good Bad Or Ugly? Thank You.
Hey Tony I got mufflers with my zoomies but their no good. I lost horsepower, made the motor sound like crap and didn't quiet down very much. Instead I would suggest a set of larger blower headers with stainless muffler inserts. We run that setup with the flat on Gun Lake it works well for the watercops. :D

jockorace
11-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Here's pic of the one I bought (sorry, forgot to re-size it) and another of my sons Cougar. The are IDENTICAL twins, same year, same color, etc. I HAD to buy it. The hull is excellent, but it will get fully disassembled and rebuilt. I'm not sure what I'll put in it for power, however it must be more than the blown gas 572 my kid will be running next season. (Can you say ALCOHOL!). He ran low 120's with 1000 hp N/A 565 last year and only went blown for the leave. It's gonna be fun, Poppa Jocko and little Jocko at CFW!!! You guys really ought to drag out there.
(better pics later) Dave

Unchained
11-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Zoomies are another one of those things that just make the boat less useable.
I've seen guys who insist on running them and it just attracts the cops who then are around to spoil someone else's boating too.
If it's strictly a race boat, maybe.
For a lake boat like yours, Leave those noisy f*****s home. :devil:

Placecraft Dragstar
11-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Why do they make a boat less useable? If you think they are to noisy then you are to OLD.

YOUPER
11-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I've seen guys who insist on running them and it just attracts the cops who then are around to spoil someone else's boating too.
YES MARK, I THINK YOUR ARE RIGHT I FOUND A SET OF BIG TUBE BLOWER HEADERS I`LL GO WITH.

Placecraft Dragstar
11-24-2007, 04:10 PM
BIG TUBE BLOWER HEADERS I`LL GO WITH.
That is what I have and its not as noisy as I thought they would be. I do not have any mufflers in either.

Unchained
11-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Why do they make a boat less useable? If you think they are to noisy then you are to OLD.
Well zoomies wouldn't matter for you Scott, because even if you HAD a fast boat.........it ain't gonna leave the garage anyways. :D LMAO

River Rat 005
11-24-2007, 05:34 PM
I use to boat on the Ohio river. Where it passes between Ohio and W.Va. It's governed by W.Va. They have a muffler law, but they don't enforce it. A lot of us ran open zoomies. Go 6 miles up river and cross into Pa. and it's a $100 fine. I bet Ohio didn't like that deal, as they enforce their muffler law. I haven't been down there in 10 years, so it may have changed.

amatosanger
11-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I use to boat on the Ohio river. Where it passes between Ohio and W.Va. It's governed by W.Va. They have a muffler law, but they don't enforce it. A lot of us ran open zoomies. Go 6 miles up river and cross into Pa. and it's a $100 fine. I bet Ohio didn't like that deal, as they enforce their muffler law. I haven't been down there in 10 years, so it may have changed.
I was down there this past august to visit a friend and we ran that stretch of the Ohio in his blown boat with zoomies ..... no watercops in sight.

amatosanger
11-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Well zoomies wouldn't matter for you Scott, because even if you HAD a fast boat.........it ain't gonna leave the garage anyways. :D LMAO
:D :D :D

Placecraft Dragstar
11-24-2007, 07:48 PM
My boat only goes 75 mph. And it has a roost bower and carbs so you know its slow and out of date. And as far as leaving the garage, you have never had anything worth running mark and still dont.

Warp Factor
11-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Naw, it's the cops who are old.
If you ever got your boat wet, you might understand the problem. :D

IMPATIENT 1
11-24-2007, 09:16 PM
My boat only goes 75 mph. And it has a roost bower and carbs so you know its slow and out of date. And as far as leaving the garage, you have never had anything worth running mark and still dont.
the last boat mark had and sold to a okie is sawing off 99% of the boats in my area, with less power than mark had in it;)

Placecraft Dragstar
11-25-2007, 05:00 AM
Naw, it's the cops who are old.
If you ever got your boat wet, you might understand the problem. :D
Hay Dave, mark, http://www.racine-extreme.com/forum/images/smilies/098.gif living in MI I went boating almost evey weekend somewhere so dont tell me I dont go boating.

P-Money
11-25-2007, 05:31 AM
Here ya go stud: http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171008

Unchained
11-25-2007, 06:25 AM
And as far as leaving the garage, you have never had anything worth running mark and still dont.
Well after you posting that you "eat flatties and shit hydros" in September, John Haas had his lake hydro there at Brower Park for you to run against. His boat should have been worthy for you to run shouldn't it ?
What about Amato with his blown alky flatbottom, shouldn't he have been worthy of a good run for your ghost boat ?
Of course you never showed, AGAIN.
You have thrown out more empty bullshit than anyone I've met.
I now nominate you for, "INTERNET BULLSHIT MASTER"
Do I have a second on the nomination ????????

amatosanger
11-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Well after you posting that you "eat flatties and shit hydros" in September, John Haas had his lake hydro there at Brower Park for you to run against. His boat should have been worthy for you to run shouldn't it ?
What about Amato with his blown alky flatbottom, shouldn't he have been worthy of a good run for your ghost boat ?
Of course you never showed, AGAIN.
You have thrown out more empty bullshit than anyone I've met.
I now nominate you for, "INTERNET BULLSHIT MASTER"
Do I have a second on the nomination ????????
Vote #2 :D

River Rat 005
11-25-2007, 07:18 AM
I was down there this past august to visit a friend and we ran that stretch of the Ohio in his blown boat with zoomies ..... no watercops in sight.
In that case....I'll have to get the lake boat back together and go down and make some noise. I didn't figure any of those guys were still running down there. Might run down and see who I can lookup.

amatosanger
11-25-2007, 07:31 AM
In that case....I'll have to get the lake boat back together and go down and make some noise. I didn't figure any of those guys were still running down there. Might run down and see who I can lookup.
Yeah thats a nice place to run.
Those boys down there sure have some fast stuff, the guy I know has a 25 Eliminator that does 125+ (Paul Phaff powered).
I might run my boat down there next summer.

voodooCanoe
11-25-2007, 09:34 AM
This was one of the best sounding engine/header combos I have run into.
If headers are good enough for it , should work well on anything!!!:eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/chowchilla_012.JPG

Placecraft Dragstar
11-25-2007, 10:30 AM
John Haas had his lake hydro there at Brower Park for you to run against. His boat should have been worthy for you to run shouldn't it ?
What about Amato with his blown alky flatbottom,
They may have fast boats I do not know or care, you are the one that brought the whole thing up about racing not me. All I know is you had to get someone else to race cause your boat is not fast enough.
You may have a nice boat to but then again shit floats.

Warp Factor
11-25-2007, 12:10 PM
They may have fast boats I do not know or care, you are the one that brought the whole thing up about racing not me. All I know is you had to get someone else to race cause your boat is not fast enough.
You may have a nice boat to but then again shit floats.
Let me see if I have this straight.
Mark's boat isn't worthy of a race, but you can't race anything else because then it wouldn't be Mark's boat. :squiggle: :squiggle: :confused:
Sounds like you've covered all the bases, but just in case I'm missing something, is there any person or boat that you'll race?

YOUPER
11-25-2007, 02:41 PM
SORRY IF I STARTED SOMTHING. I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR SOME EXHAUST INFO:confused:

Placecraft Dragstar
11-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Sorry YOUPER

ol guy
11-25-2007, 06:09 PM
One more thought! LOAD PIPES SAVE LIVES. Next time you get stopped for no mufflers just tell them its a water harley. Guys blow by on the freeway at well over 86dcb and not a problem but try to launch a boat with open exhaust.MMMMMMM

YOUPER
11-25-2007, 08:21 PM
One more thought! LOAD PIPES SAVE LIVES. Next time you get stopped for no mufflers just tell them its a water harley. Guys blow by on the freeway at well over 86dcb and not a problem but try to launch a boat with open exhaust.MMMMMMM
THATS A GOOD THOUGHT,BUT ALL THE HOUSES ON THE LAKES ARE OWNED BY PEOPLE WITH MONEY,SEEMS WHEN THEY COMPLAIN THE COPS LISTEN TO THEM VERY WELL. AND NOWDAYS THOSE ARE THE ONE RIDING THE HARLEYS.