PDA

View Full Version : I drove the "Trident" today...

BigDoug
03-04-2006, 09:00 PM
You won't believe this.......... but Wes actually asked my wife if she wanted to test drive the trident first before asking me :cry: What's up with that ? she might be slightly better looking then me but what about the boys ah !
I gotta say first and formost this boat is stunning, we watched Wes come through the chanel and every eye was on him wondering "what the hell is this coming through" the sound and rumble of the engine is flat out bad ass, you can not imagine the stares from people as they pointed and oohed over this thing.
The test drive:
Like i said earlier, Wes asked my wife first, i guess he knows who's heart to tug at. :) oh! the test drive thats right, he first took us out and showed off its limits and then shut her down, at this point we were being schooled about the manerisms (sp) of the boat and how it handles with trim up,down, sideways etc etc. you get the picture! i totally respected that when he could have said "go ahead and drive it" but wanted us to feel comfortable and safe which meant alot to us. when i drove it the acceleration is phenominal and plains fast and nice, turns very well like a slot car and handles the chop with ease, the instruments were well located, the seats are comfy, the little details just blew me away, i kept pointing them out to my wife.
The engine is stunning to say the least, very sanitary and easy to get to things, the dual jets put out a ton of water too, the combo worked very well.
Wes and his crew did a bitchen job on the trident and i wish him nothing but the best.
Another note, Wes was not full of himself nor did he seem like "look at my bichen boat" just a down to earth guy who has a vision and a dream just like you and i.
It was cool for him to spend time and gas with me and my wife, thanks Wes :) ..........BigDoug

BadKachina
03-04-2006, 09:03 PM
How fast is it?

BigDoug
03-04-2006, 09:07 PM
I believe i hit about 60mph but that's all i wanted to do, the motor had only 7 hrs of run time at this point but Wes said he's done 76 already with room to spare, that's impressive for a 27 foot boat.

ROZ
03-04-2006, 09:08 PM
How fast is it?
How fast is a deckboat suppose to be before it becomes an insurance nightmare?

BadKachina
03-04-2006, 09:12 PM
How fast is a deckboat suppose to be before it becomes an insurance nightmare?
You're right, I heard it runs about 45 or 50.......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jordy
03-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Mine runs 50 as well. :D :D :D

wsuwrhr
03-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Wes and his crew did a bitchen job on the trident and i wish him nothing but the best.
Another note, Wes was not full of himself nor did he seem like "look at my bichen boat" just a down to earth guy who has a vision and a dream just like you and i.
I would like to know why so many people can't at least give props out for this fact alone
Brian

BigDoug
03-05-2006, 08:06 AM
I just noticed over 210 looksies and only 6 post ? i thought alot people were interested in the trident ? .....oh wait, it's the weekend. :)

phebus
03-05-2006, 08:17 AM
I can't wait to go for a ride in it.
I went down to El Cajon to see it, and i was equally impressed with the boat, and Wes.
I agree, the motor is awesome, and the entire "Attention to Detail" (had to use that term for you Doug) is awesome.

BigDoug
03-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Rick, that was funny. :)

JB in so cal
03-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Nice report.
I gotta believe Wes is thrilled to finally have a fully "decked out" boat to show around.

Mrs.Racer277
03-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Wow that is awesome Doug. :rollside:

Hardly Satisfied
03-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Well , it's like this if the wife doesn't like the boat , you are going to have a hard time selling it to her if you like it

DCBDaytona
03-05-2006, 10:40 AM
How do you know all the staring was from people in "ahh?" :argue:

BigDoug
03-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Did anyone else drive the Trident ?

Ziggy
03-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Did anyone else drive the Trident ?Not all of us get to live at the lake and get the test drives ;)(lucky boy). As much as I'd love to give it a whirl I'm not in the market for a boat anytime soon. I'd much rather he spend his test drive time with more potential buyers.
Wes can play a mean guitar....sings too. :)

SurfOnH20
03-06-2006, 09:05 PM
What is the base price Wes is asking for the Trident ? Just curious..

SoCal_fun
03-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey Doug, you didn't flip it did you?? :220v: LOL!!
Long time no see buddy! :rollside:
from chief round belly... :)

BigDoug
03-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Larry, i got say that was funny :)
But the next time i see you im going to "flip" you over my knee.............oh never mind. :)

LUVNLIFE
03-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Hey Larry it's called "detailing the boat" don't you know :p :rollside:

JetBoatRich
03-07-2006, 04:31 AM
That is hitting below the boat :rolleyes:

GHT
03-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Mine runs 50 as well. :D :D :D
That's only with one motor.. :crossx: :crossx: .

ROZ
03-07-2006, 07:23 AM
It goes faster than that... ;)