PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Player Shot

Old Texan
11-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Sean Taylor was seriouly wounded from a gunshot during a home robbery.
Redskins' Taylor Critical After Shooting
Published: 11/26/07, 1:25 PM EDT
By MATT SEDENSKY
PALMETTO BAY, Fla. (AP) - Washington Redskins star safety Sean Taylor was shot in the leg at his home Monday and was bleeding heavily, and police said he was in critical condition. They are investigating a possible robbery.
Officers were sent to Taylor's home at about 1:45 a.m. after his girlfriend called 911 and said he was shot in his lower body, Lt. Nancy Perez said. He was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, she said, but did not disclose how many times he was shot.
Richard Sharpstein, an attorney who represented Taylor in a criminal case, said the player's father told him his son had been shot in the leg and there was much bleeding because the femoral artery was severed.
Investigators were still interviewing the girlfriend and other relatives who were in the home to try to determine what happened, Perez said.
"It could have been a possible burglary; it could have been a possible robbery," Perez said. "It has not been confirmed as yet."
Taylor has a home in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay that he bought two years ago. The 24-year-old player is in his fourth season with the Redskins after playing at the University of Miami, where he was an All-American in 2003. He leads the team with five interceptions but has missed the last two games because of a knee injury.
In Ashburn, Va., Redskins safety Pierson Prioleau fought to keep his composure.
"This is not just a member of the Washington Redskins," said Prioleau, one of a few players made available to reporters. "But we're talking about a dad, a brother, a friend of ours, and that's where we're at with this right now."
Coach Joe Gibbs was joined by the team chaplain at the Redskins' usual Monday meeting. A small group of players held a separate prayer gathering.
The Redskins (5-6) lost 19-13 at Tampa on Sunday. Taylor did not travel with the team to the game because of his knee injury.
Taylor sprained a ligament in his right knee in the second half of the Nov. 11 loss to Philadelphia. He was expected to miss at least two games, probably more.
Known as one of the NFL's hardest hitters, Taylor played in his first Pro Bowl last season, where he drew attention by leveling the other team's punter in what is usually a well-mannered exhibition game. Even though he has missed two games, his five interceptions remained tied for most in the NFC.
Taylor has been in trouble numerous times since he was drafted as the No. 5 overall pick in 2004. He has been fined at least seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006. He also was fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium shortly after he was drafted.
Redskins coaches and players have defended Taylor, saying he was smart and misunderstood. Taylor has been slow to let anyone in his inner circle. He has rarely spoken to reporters, saying he does not trust them. Teammates said he became more mature over the last year after he became a father for the first time.
In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man and repeatedly hitting him during a fight that broke out after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles.
Taylor reached a deal with prosecutors last year after they agreed to drop felony charges against him. He pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in the assault case and was sentenced to 18 months probation. The pleas prompted another fine from the NFL but kept his football career intact.
He also was ordered to talk about the importance of education at 10 Miami schools and had to contribute $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools.
The man Taylor allegedly hit, Ryan Hill, sued, seeking at least $15,000 in damages. Hill sustained bruises to his body, incurred medical expenses and lost wages because of the fight, the lawsuit said.
Where was Joe Horn when he needed him? (not the foot ball player)

snake321
11-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Where was Joe Horn when he needed him?
I think they took his shotgun away..

ratso
11-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Where was Joe Horn when he needed him?
I think they took his shotgun away..
But we're not supposed to shoot robbers or burglars...:rolleyes:

snake321
11-26-2007, 11:50 AM
But we're not supposed to shoot robbers or burglars...:rolleyes:
I think that's a grey area in Texas....

Old Texan
11-26-2007, 11:51 AM
I think that's a grey area in Texas....
Nor really.....:D

Old Texan
11-26-2007, 12:47 PM
I guarantee you, if Sean Taylor was involved, they weren't robbers or burglars. He knew them and he probably deserved to get shot.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: But he's a good 'ol Miami boy......
Did you hear about Haynesworth getting "coldcocked" by one of PacMan's posse? Just boys out having fun, eh......Albert claims he fell, yeah right:devil:

Schiada76
11-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Gimme back my crack pipe bitch!
BANG!!:D :D

ratso
11-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I guess Ultra 26 hasn't seen this thread :idea:

Jyruiz
11-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Too bad. NEXT!

3 daytona`s
11-26-2007, 09:49 PM
I guarantee you, if Sean Taylor was involved, they weren't robbers or burglars. He knew them and he probably deserved to get shot.
exactly what I was thinking,he is a Hoodlum been in so much trouble,the brothers were not happy with him.

ratso
11-27-2007, 04:27 AM
I may have misspoke earlier. I feel bad for him because he has a family and baby daughter. From all accounts, he's a really good guy that has had a few scrapes. Best wishes go out to his speedy recovery.
I also don't wish my comments to be associated with any racial remarks.
He's dead now...

jdogginla
11-27-2007, 06:26 AM
Some of the comments here are jacked up....it's too bad he passed away last night. While he may have had a few incidents with the law (Dui which was tossed, and brandishing a weapon which he plead out) don't think he deserved to have his bedroom door kicked in and shot and killed.
Just my .02

Jordy
11-27-2007, 07:07 AM
So the thing I'm curious about is the previous break in at his house and the knife they found on a bed after this break in a few weeks ago. They keep talking about it and that's why he missed practice, was to stay home and protect his house and family. I know if my house is broken into and someone leaves a knife on my bed, I'm going to be armed to the max if I'm going to hang out in the house, or option b, I'm going to be hanging out on some island or at a resort until they catch the person who forgot his knife. :idea: :D

jdogginla
11-27-2007, 07:43 AM
He was armed with a machette....not much of a match against a gun. I could be wrong, but I believe he was prohibited while on probation to have a gun as part of his plea for brandishing a weapon in public. He apparnetly brandished a weapon when he confronted people he thought were part of the disappearance of some atv's/motorcycles.

Old Texan
11-27-2007, 07:44 AM
So the thing I'm curious about is the previous break in at his house and the knife they found on a bed after this break in a few weeks ago. They keep talking about it and that's why he missed practice, was to stay home and protect his house and family. I know if my house is broken into and someone leaves a knife on my bed, I'm going to be armed to the max if I'm going to hang out in the house, or option b, I'm going to be hanging out on some island or at a resort until they catch the person who forgot his knife. :idea: :D
Lots of questions indeed. They said he was armed with a Machete. Maybe he wasn't legal to carry due to past charges?????
I believe I'd have been staying elsewhere.

Jordy
11-27-2007, 07:59 AM
He was armed with a machette....not much of a match against a gun.
Well his machette must have been bigger than the knife the last burgler left so he thought he was safe... :idea:
I believe I'd have been staying elsewhere.
BINGO!!! :D

MBlaster
11-27-2007, 08:09 AM
8 days prior to the fatal shooting his pad in Miami was broken into. Taylor requested time away from the team to deal with the matter. Gibbs granted his request. Taylor was shot in the leg hitting his femoral artery.