PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Maryland

Run_em_Hard
11-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Two weeks and I am moving to Maryland. Working in Annapolis Junction and will be living in Bowie in an Apt. till my house here in Utah sales. When summer finally shows up I will have to get together with some people on here and have them show me the ropes of East Coast boating:D

fat rat
11-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Bowie is right down the street from the Pax river.........what type of boat are you running?

snake321
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Don't come without draggin a boat. Gotta keep bringin boats east.

Run_em_Hard
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Bowie is right down the street from the Pax river.........what type of boat are you running?
I am running a 22' advantage citation w/a Blown 509 ci. I would like to go out in the Chesepeak and on the ocean as well. I also would like to stay in fresh water as much as possible till I can talk the wife into letting me step into offshore performance.

Run_em_Hard
11-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Don't come without draggin a boat. Gotta keep bringin boats east.
Its coming. The west coast boat is getting towed 2100 or so miles to the east coast:D

pancho
11-26-2007, 07:52 PM
welcome,transplant like yourself,folks are skeptical at first once they realize youre solid good to go

fat rat
11-27-2007, 02:08 PM
I am running a 22' advantage citation w/a Blown 509 ci. I would like to go out in the Chesepeak and on the ocean as well. I also would like to stay in fresh water as much as possible till I can talk the wife into letting me step into offshore performance.
22' is a little small for the bay............you'll have to pick your day's when it's calm.

Run_em_Hard
11-28-2007, 05:27 AM
22' is a little small for the bay............you'll have to pick your day's when it's calm.
The boat is deep. I have had her in 6-8' swells on a lake here:D

snake321
11-28-2007, 05:29 AM
Utah???? You do realize that you can only bring 1 wife here,don't ya?

Run_em_Hard
11-28-2007, 05:34 AM
Utah???? You do realize that you can only bring 1 wife here,don't ya?
Shit...I better cancel the private jet that is going to bring them all than:( :D

baja andy
11-28-2007, 08:14 AM
i work in bowie and live on the patuxent river.
the pax river is a great place to run your boat, it is fresh water,narrow and
winedy on the northern portion, and salty and wider on the southern portion.
the only good completely fresh water is lake anna, which is in virginia,
approx 2hrs from bowie.
but there are many other rivers that connect to the chesapeake bay from
annapolis and the surrounding areas.
you are moving to a great place for boating, also the chesapeake bay and
its tributaries have the best "blue crabs" in the world. good eatin:D
can't wait for the upcomming season.:D

Run_em_Hard
11-28-2007, 09:42 AM
I would take it that most of you put your boats in some sort of salt water. Is it a pain to clean them after and is there a place to either dunk your trailer or hose it off real good?
I plan on steppin into a larger boat in the next couple years, around a 30' with twins:D I would really love to get into the ocean boatin:D

drejustice
11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the East Coast. If you don't want to go Salt water, there are other options but with you being in Bowie, the closer water is probably salty. Fresh water, is around if you really want to boat in it. We make the trek 3.5 hours on the weekend to SML 500 miles of shoreline.

baja andy
11-29-2007, 05:40 AM
I would take it that most of you put your boats in some sort of salt water. Is it a pain to clean them after and is there a place to either dunk your trailer or hose it off real good?
I plan on steppin into a larger boat in the next couple years, around a 30' with twins:D I would really love to get into the ocean boatin:D
around here you are surrounded by the chesapeake bay and its tributaries
yes its mostly salt water, but as i stated in my posting yesterday the upper
pax river is fresh, and is very close to bowie "30-40 minute trailer ride"
and a great place to run your boat.:D
there is no salt to wash off there, but in other rivers that connect to the
bay it is all salty, the only place to wash off is either at home or a self serve
car wash.