PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Priorities

Old Texan
11-26-2007, 06:57 PM
So what exactly are the issues we should consider to elect the best person for the job of President of the USA?
I say in no particular order the important issues are:
- Immigration: Stop the illegals and get rid of the ones currently here
- Defense against Terror
- A stable and reasonable energy plan
- Social Security and Tax reform
- A fair and thought out approach to improving and stabilizing the environment
- Finding a quick and victorious end to the Iraq situation. Somehow help stablilze the middle east.
- A Foreign Policy that doesn't just randomly give away money. A Policy that invokes alligeiance and responsibility to those that receive our aid.
- Strenghthen our millitary

centerhill condor
11-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Fred Thompson is your guy!
He has a plan for immigration, SS, and big military build up..
CC

Moneypitt
11-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Fred Thompson is your guy!
He has a plan for immigration, SS, and big military build up..
CC
He aint perfect, but he is the closest.......The immigration deal only affects a few scattered areas. I know mexiforina would be a whole lot better without them, but the people of New England could care less.....He is the closest...MP

Blown 472
11-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Stop letting lobbiests and zionists run our ****ing country.

donzi5150
11-26-2007, 07:28 PM
All of the above equally, immediately and completly!:idea:

Flyinbowtie
11-26-2007, 07:40 PM
I agree with the perspectives shared, in most cases.
I think, beyond the Presidency, we need priorities for citizens, as well.
-Push, push, push for term limits in the U.S. Congress. If necessary, via a constitutional amendment.
-Teach congress who they work for again. Major focus here.
-Consider a "National Public Service" program for our youth. Military, or otherwise, our young people need to learn what it is like to have a stake in the nation.
-Major Tax reform.
-Get the Endangered Species Act Reform Bill passed. It has become a matter of National Security.
-Pay more attention to the responsibilities of citizenship, in general.

3 daytona`s
11-27-2007, 08:55 AM
He aint perfect, but he is the closest.......The immigration deal only affects a few scattered areas. I know mexiforina would be a whole lot better without them, but the people of New England could care less.....He is the closest...MP
with Fred is he does not have enough ambition to get out and campaign.I get the feeling he thinks throw your hat into the ring and they will vote for you even though not out meeting the public, answering questions and explaining your stand.

eliminatedsprinter
11-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Call me old fashioned, but I still think TAXES are a major issue and I won't ever vote for anyone who I think would raise them.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Add, better care for our Vets, to the list

eliminatedsprinter
11-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Add, better care for our Vets, to the list
Can't use this as a criteria, because they all say the same things on this issue.
The only way a promise to the vets would make me more likely to vote for a candidate, is if one promised to get rid of the Department of Veteran's Affairs and put us under The Department of Defense.
That promise would show me that the candidate at least had some understanding of what is wrong with the VA and how it has for so long been the stepchild Dept of the Federal Gov.....
P.S. That promise would kill a candidate, because even though it would be great for our vets to eliminate one very large layer of dysfunctional beaurocracy and put that money twards paitent care, the VA Brass and the leaders of the Major Veterans groups (that schmooze it up with the top VA brass) would rail agianst it big time.....

donzi5150
11-28-2007, 02:51 PM
I would like to see a presidency that could pull this country together and eliminate the fringes of the far left and far right so that this country lived up to the name......United States of America.....other wise we are going to be defeated and become an insignificant country like France or Spain that does not have the balls to defend it's self......but the new President in France is showing some balls but he has to change 50 years of social elite entitlement mentality..........I hope he can pull it off........:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
11-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Can't use this as a criteria, because they all say the same things on this issue.
The only way a promise to the vets would make me more likely to vote for a candidate, is if one promised to get rid of the Department of Veteran's Affairs and put us under The Department of Defense.
That promise would show me that the candidate at least had some understanding of what is wrong with the VA and how it has for so long been the stepchild Dept of the Federal Gov.....
P.S. That promise would kill a candidate, because even though it would be great for our vets to eliminate one very large layer of dysfunctional beaurocracy and put that money twards paitent care, the VA Brass and the leaders of the Major Veterans groups (that schmooze it up with the top VA brass) would rail agianst it big time.....
There is talk of change to the system that would move the burden of proof to the Govt proving the Vet doesn't have the ailment claimed, as opposed to the other way around.

eliminatedsprinter
11-28-2007, 04:08 PM
It's always been that way for those who are in service when their problems begin. For example, many MS pts are service conected. Even though there is no evidence that their service in any way caused their MS the gov can't show it isn't, so they get a sevice connection for it...Upon leaving the service all soldiers are supposed to be asked if they have had any injuries, physical problems, or illnesses etc while they served, then they are supposed to be serviced connected for anything even remotly related to them. The problem is the sloppy implementation of the policy, and the fact that it is difficult to correct an oversight after the fact. Unfortunatly many people try to claim injuries and illnesses etc that occure after they finish their service and scam the system, this makes it very tough for a vet who has what should be a legitimate claim, that somehow was never properly documented while he was in service. Unforunatly this is a problem that has to be sorted out on an individual basis and there is no quick easy political solution. At present, our military is doing a much better job of making sure fewer vets fall through the cracks and our Iraqi Freedom vets are being treated much better than our Desert Storm vets were.....