PDA

View Full Version : Solera Yachts...anyone ever heard of them?

John.
11-26-2007, 07:42 PM
They have called and emailed me a number of times this past week and are asking to list our boat for sale. First they start off with telling me that they just want to list it on their website and in their advertisements to get some exposure and want 10%. They want to put it in a yacht trader and on MLS and some other places, but are not telling me where. A non exclusive deal. I say no, how about 5% and I have already set up ads on ***boat, offshoreonly and boat trader...but they can advertise elsewhere. If they sell it, they can have 5% of the sales price. If I sell it, they get nothing.
Now they come back and said in an email "I would like to ask if we could list for more and are able to sell at price marked we would get sale anything less is less or for a minimum of 5% Commission. I want your sale and we at Solera would love the exposure. Thank you for your consideration in this matter and hope to hear from you soon......"
I don't know if this is a good idea. Then there would be multiple pricing out there for my boat and could get people confused if they see more than one ad. I also don't want to miss an opportunity to sell.
Anyone ever heard of them or know anything about the company? Is there really an MLS for boats? I've never heard of that.

Magic34
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't mess with them. I would look at a Powerboat ad and even throw it on yachtworld.com
There are a lot of brokers who claim they can sell your stuff.
Guess what, right now, nothing is selling so they are simply trying to flood their inventory for the few buyers that are out there. You have a very unique product and very few people will spend the money on the item you are selling.
For some great exposure, try EBay. Probably wont sell there, but you will get a ton of leads to talk to and try to work a deal out.
They (not just the company you are listing) call EVERYONE out of the boat trader to try and get a sale.

charitycase
11-26-2007, 08:10 PM
If it looks like a Duck & walks like a Duck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

uvindex
11-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Anyone ever heard of them or know anything about the company? Is there really an MLS for boats? I've never heard of that.Never heard of them. But if this is their site (http://solerayachts.com/solerayachts/index.html) I'd think twice before listing your boat there. Their homepage lists 20 of their recently sold boats and they're ALL sportfishers or motor yachts. If the boat you're selling is the one in your pic then seems like the wrong place to list it.
Good luck either way! :)

DeltaSigBoater
11-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Solera Yachts as you probably already know is in Texas you live in California :rolleyes:
Some Yacht Brokers pay a monthly service fee to have an all inclusive package of web advertsing including Yachtworld, BoattraderOnline, iBoats, and Boats.com.
There really is no MLS for boats and if any brokers says there is they're full of shit! There is however a member only site called SoldBoats.com which to my understanding anyone can pay to join, unlike Yachtworld where only brokers and new boat dealers are allowed to po$t.
10% is the norm across the board. DO NOT sign an exclusive listing agreement, you will get screwed if you end up selling it yourself!

John.
11-27-2007, 08:01 AM
There are a lot of brokers who claim they can sell your stuff.
For some great exposure, try EBay. Probably wont sell there, but you will get a ton of leads to talk to and try to work a deal out.
I'm going to list it on eBay in a week or so. I want to get some more pics with the new drive on it.
If it looks like a Duck & walks like a Duck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Thanks Casey. That's what I'm starting to think...
Never heard of them. But if this is their site (http://solerayachts.com/solerayachts/index.html) I'd think twice before listing your boat there. Their homepage lists 20 of their recently sold boats and they're ALL sportfishers or motor yachts. If the boat you're selling is the one in your pic then seems like the wrong place to list it.
Good luck either way! :)
Yep, that's the boat I'm selling. Thanks for finding their website.
Solera Yachts as you probably already know is in Texas you live in California :rolleyes:
Some Yacht Brokers pay a monthly service fee to have an all inclusive package of web advertsing including Yachtworld, BoattraderOnline, iBoats, and Boats.com.
There really is no MLS for boats and if any brokers says there is they're full of shit! There is however a member only site called SoldBoats.com which to my understanding anyone can pay to join, unlike Yachtworld where only brokers and new boat dealers are allowed to po$t.
10% is the norm across the board. DO NOT sign an exclusive listing agreement, you will get screwed if you end up selling it yourself!
I definitely wouldn't sign any kind of exclusive agreement. I'm willing to pay a finders fee, but don't want to get locked into anything.

OCMerrill
11-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Well, if I were looking for a boat like yours why would I check a Yachting Website? Other than a well off peep stumbling across a just have...your demographic has to be very small there.
I know they are going to advertise elsewhere as well but that does not look light a good fit to me.
:confused:

Big Warlock
11-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Don't be exclusive with anyone regarding a sale. You will get screwed!!