PDA

View Full Version : Christmas or holiday tree?

FOXMAN
11-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Wisconsin Rep. Marlin Schneider (Dem.) had enough.. There has been a "Christmas tree" in the Capitol rotunda during the holiday season since 1916. In 1985 it was renamed a holiday tree because some people wanted the seperation of church and state.. He is sponsoring the resolution to name it the Wisconsin State Christmas Tree.. IT"S A CHRISTMAS TREE FOR @#&*!% SAKE, and thats what it should be called. It pisses me off that we have to waste tax payer money to do what is right.

OnlyMoney
11-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Christmas!!!! Dammit. Whoever "those people" are....they need to get back in touch with REAL life. :mad:
Merry Christmas everyone! :)

RitcheyRch
11-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Christmas gets my vote.

voodoomedman
11-26-2007, 09:11 PM
I love it that it is a Democrat that is sponsoring the bill. We need government to do what is right and not what gets votes or falls within party lines. And if it is actually about the votes I think that if there were someone who stood up for deep rooted red blooded American ways and our history and culture then they would actually get a lot of people to go out and vote for them who wouldn't have otherwise voted.

MBlaster
11-26-2007, 09:18 PM
The "Hollywood Christmas Parade" became the "Hollywood Santa Parade" in 2007.

Redwing247
11-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Christmas

djunkie
11-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Christmas
Yup!!!!!!!

westair
11-26-2007, 09:47 PM
"Christmas at the Prado" in Balboa Park, SD, a free weekend Christmas celebration that attracts over 250,000 people is now known as "December Nights" ........ wtf, who are they kidding ... are they not celebrating Christmas?

Rexone
11-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I will refer to my post #14 here. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98661) :)
The whole Politically Correct Holiday this and Holiday that crap sucks. I got one for these PC weaksucks... chew on this nice fresh and soft " extra large canine elimination unit".
Its Christmas and its always been Christmas till recently and all these lameass PC jackholes can kiss off. This PC crap is killin this country. (and others too). PC war complete with PC friggin tagalong reporters, PC names for every race, PC names for illegal alien rat bastards, PC no God in pledge, on money. WTF is wrong with all these sensitive lame screwball PC idiots? I hope these PC jerkwads like rice and camel shit cause I don't think the Chinese or the Islamic Extremists give a rats ass about being PC if and when they invade our PC wide open unprofriggintected border.
Merry Christmas btw :)

FOXMAN
11-27-2007, 05:04 AM
It came up as an invalid thread?? hope i'm not in trouble??:) Anyway.. Whats worse yet is that last year 8 people had filed a suit in court because they wernt allowed to put a religious ornament on the tree. They knew it would be a mess so they let them hang them up..

FOXMAN
11-27-2007, 05:33 AM
Whew.. That time it loaded. I"M NOT IN TROUBLE!!:D

Old Texan
11-27-2007, 05:48 AM
It's Christmas, if you don't like it leave........

Shreve"T"
11-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Here in Shreveport one of our news stations came out with a campaign that states "ITS OK TO SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS" This should have been done a long time ok.....:D :D :D :D

Cheap Thrills
11-27-2007, 06:05 AM
The White House doesn't seem to have a problem with it ,,,,, yet.
WHITE HOUSE (AP) -- Christmas has arrived in Washington.
First lady Laura Bush today received the official White House Christmas tree from a farm in North Carolina.
The tree will be set up in the Blue Room.
The tree was grown at Mistletoe Meadows Christmas Tree Farm in Laurel Springs in Ashe County NC. It's a 20-foot tall Fraser fir that's 13-feet wide and weighs 2,000 pounds. The trunk measures 18 inches at the base.
It's the 10th time in history a tree has been chosen from the state.
Farm owner Joe Freeman and his wife, Linda, won the honor by winning the Grand Champion title at the National Christmas Tree contest held in Portland, Ore., in 2006. They advanced to Portland by winning the North Carolina Christmas Tree Association contest.
Give it a year or two and they will change the name to Holiday Tree and of course they'll have to change the name from "WHITE House" to something more politically correct like, Yo Yo Yo The Prezidentz Crib. :rolleyes:
T.

Mardonzi
11-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Damn the PC Crowd.... Christmas it always has been, and Christmas it is!!!!

PaPaG
11-27-2007, 09:29 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS and a huge flying bird to those that don't like it.......

ZBODaytona
11-27-2007, 12:09 PM
our local news had a story on this last night..lowes got flamed for having holiday trees in the add..now in the new add it says christmas trees
now i am just wondering....if christmas holiday tradition includes a tree or started the tradition of the tree and you don't celebrate christmas then...why do you have a tree????? so then if you tradition doesn't have a tree why should it be a called a holiday tree...

Devil's Advocate
11-27-2007, 12:33 PM
CHRISTMAS!!
I said that bad "C" word. :rolleyes:
F#ck it if you don't like it! There's your bad "F" word too.:D