PDA

View Full Version : DCB Clone?

waterluvr
11-26-2007, 08:31 PM
I was reading an old issue of Hot Boat (yes they have a magazine) and they tested a 28 foot Extreme Marine version of the DCB 28.
The article went on to explain how they had entered into an agreement with DCB and would use the DCB 28 molds.
Does anyone know how this arrangement worked.
Extreme Marine was situated in Phoenix.
Just curious.

Magic34
11-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Company was Streamline boats and DCB was layin them up. Extreme Marine and Streamline parted ways.
The first ones, Power Marine (Sleek/Magic) did the interiors as well.

soupersonic
11-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Extreme Marine was situated in Phoenix.
Magic34 has extensive knowledge of this place :D

Magic34
11-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Magic34 has extensive knowledge of this place :D
On that note, Sun Country Marine has been beyond awesome and now, other than the 1 section of paint, everything on my boat is perfect and working 100% as I expected it to in July. I am really, really happy with Sun Country.

Tom Olson
11-27-2007, 06:22 AM
Company was Streamline boats and DCB was layin them up. Extreme Marine and Streamline parted ways.
The first ones, Power Marine (Sleek/Magic) did the interiors as well.
Streamline and Extreme are done? Sure about that???

Magic34
11-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Streamline and Extreme are done? Sure about that???
Definitely different than it was 6 months ago. I dont know anything happening with them now, nor do I care to know what Extreme Marine may or may not be doing. The way I understood it, the original deal with the owners of Streamline are much different today than it was when Streamline was producing the boats that appreared in the Powerboat and ***boat ads.
I did see s Streamline out on my side of town last year at a RV and Marine store during a sale day or something. A dealer out here in Mesa says they sell them.
From my experience, if Extreme Marine has anything to do with the build, it will be a long, uncomplete process. Do a search on here and you will see why I feel that way.

soupersonic
11-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Definitely different than it was 6 months ago. I dont know anything happening with them now, nor do I care to know what Extreme Marine may or may not be doing. The way I understood it, the original deal with the owners of Streamline are much different today than it was when Streamline was producing the boats that appreared in the Powerboat and ***boat ads.
I did see s Streamline out on my side of town last year at a RV and Marine store during a sale day or something. A dealer out here in Mesa says they sell them.
From my experience, if Extreme Marine has anything to do with the build, it will be a long, uncomplete process. Do a search on here and you will see why I feel that way.
Agreed, i had the same experience with them as you did. Long on promises and short on getting anything done.

waterluvr
11-27-2007, 04:52 PM
With their questionable customer service I am surprised that DCB would sell them a mold ....

Magic34
11-27-2007, 05:11 PM
With their questionable customer service I am surprised that DCB would sell them a mold ....
I dont think they sold them a mold, just a bare hull with a different name on it.
I have heard the sales pitch and they claim it is a DCB.

Tom Olson
11-27-2007, 11:10 PM
I dont think they sold them a mold, just a bare hull with a different name on it.
I have heard the sales pitch and they claim it is a DCB.
they bought the molds from Dave and still own them, DCB would lay up blank hulls and they would get rigged @ Extreme,,I tried to buy the molds but didnt get it done,,,

Magic34
11-27-2007, 11:26 PM
they bought the molds from Dave and still own them, DCB would lay up blank hulls and they would get rigged @ Extreme,,I tried to buy the molds but didnt get it done,,,
Are you the dealer that sells them in Mesa?

Tom Olson
11-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Are you the dealer that sells them in Mesa?
No, I used to be a used boat/RV dealer in Mesa, but I never sold the Streamlines, I did buy a 28 DCB new from Dave in 03 or so and loved it hence trying to buy the molds from Extreme ,,,wanna go into the boat business? :jawdrop:

soupersonic
11-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Thats too bad, someone else could have done real well with that mold/boat here. I saw and heard the same sales pitch Magic34 did. The funny thing was their Genesis/DCB was sitting on their showroom floor with the motor pulled and fluids all over the inside of the bilge.Wasnt real impressive to say the least .

Magic34
11-28-2007, 09:54 AM
wanna go into the boat business? :jawdrop:
LMAO!!!! Sure, but I am getting my mortgage broker license first and opening that business also. :D

DeltaSigBoater
11-28-2007, 10:04 AM
LMAO!!!! Sure, but I am getting my mortgage broker license first and opening that business also. :D
In addition to that little MLM Opportunity you and Jordy got going :D :D :D

Magic34
11-28-2007, 10:47 AM
In addition to that little MLM Opportunity you and Jordy got going :D :D :D
Ummm, that is real, at least for me it is. ;) :D
Of being a boat dealer, mortgage broker, or MLM owner, the MLM is the best bet of the 3 actually.

waterluvr
11-28-2007, 07:03 PM
What was the quality like on the Streamlines?

Tom Olson
11-28-2007, 08:01 PM
What was the quality like on the Streamlines?
Magic/Sleek built the interiors,rigged in-house,overall a nice boat,,I'd buy one and I'm the most anal MF around :)

riverroyal
11-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Magic/Sleek built the interiors,rigged in-house,overall a nice boat,,I'd buy one and I'm the most anal MF around :)
you post count never changes,always 40?Wait,is this larry flint?

Tom Olson
11-29-2007, 03:35 AM
you post count never changes,always 40?Wait,is this larry flint?
LMAO!!!! I wish!! Well I kinda wish,,,,,,,,,,:idea: