PDA

View Full Version : Custom 21' Eagle Tunnel 720 HP, 100MPH

Xerophobic
11-27-2007, 10:08 AM
All aluminum Eagle 21' pleasure tunnel. GM 572 reworked to make 720 HP on pump gas. Billet pump housing, race nozzle, custom interior, custom paint. fast and classy and a steal at the new price(boat sold new for over 72K in spring)
$67000 OBO
private sale, contact Outlaw Eagle Manufacturing for more details and owners contact info
403-347-4565
(These hulls have won 15 of the last 18 world titles and are second to none in jet boat performance)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Sharkwet.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Sharkint2.JPG
http://www.outlaweagle.com/forum/files/dscf1601_156.jpg
http://www.outlaweagle.com/forum/files/dscf1600_113.jpg

soupersonic
11-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Thats some wierd looking white sand you got in the yard :D
Bump for a cool looking boat :)

Xerophobic
11-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Dont let the looks fool you. That first shot was alot more hardcore than you think! ( trust me I took it, I know lol)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Hardcore.JPG
Cheers

RitcheyRch
11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Bad ass looking boat.

sstjet
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I would think a pleasure boat would have reverse:confused:

Xerophobic
11-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Not all of em ;)
(we actually encourage users to learn to drive without it especially due to issues of sand locking in shallower waters. Not to mention that race nozzle can give 5-8 mph depending on the boat)
Cheers

Havasu Hangin'
11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Sharkwet.JPG
Beaching the boat? Won't that scratch the bottom?
:jawdrop:

Xerophobic
11-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Beaching the boat? Won't that scratch the bottom?
I assume you're joking lol But just in case this is an all aluminum boat and it will see much worse than that in its lifetime lol
Hard to hurt "this"
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Flippin1.JPG
Cheers

Warp Speed
11-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Awesome looking boat with some trick stuff in it.
But 70K for a 100mph boat???
Damn!! :jawdrop:
Warp Speed ;)

Xerophobic
11-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Stuff adds up fast in a boat of this calibre.
The motor is anything but a stock 572 and the pump alone in this boat is nearly 10K.
Very classy ride and a steal in the 60's
Cheers

Warp Speed
11-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Man,
I understand 10,000 for a super pump, can't have more than 12,000 in that engine. That leaves about 45,000 for the boat without drive train!
I don't care if it will jump logs or not, that a bunch of $$$$$$!
Like I said before.......DAMN!!! :eek:
A steal?!?!?!
Warp Speed ;)

Xerophobic
11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
There is alot more than $12k in that engine. The base engine is 14K at Summit and Jegs and there was some extensive work done to make this engine dead reliable on pump gas in a jetboat environment. Add in Lightnings and everything else to make the engine marine freindly and you'll see it adds up fast
Cheers

Placecraft Dragstar
11-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Why do you want to add up what you have into a boat, we all can say to freakin much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
All the little details add up fast.

Smitty19
11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
what kind of work in a pump bring that up to 10K?

sleekcrafter
11-28-2007, 07:11 PM
what kind of work in a pump bring that up to 10K?
Pay attention laddies:D Look closely at the pump, that is a two piece billet suction housing 5K plus it's self. Just think of what the boat don't have, it's pretty well loaded.

Rvr Swpr
11-28-2007, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=Warp Speed;2915418]Awesome looking boat with some trick stuff in it.
Sharp boat. The fact that it has a 70k price tag really shows why the economy is stalling,nothing is priced on value,it's all speculation.Not good.

Xerophobic
11-29-2007, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=Warp Speed;2915418]Awesome looking boat with some trick stuff in it.
Sharp boat. The fact that it has a 70k price tag really shows why the economy is stalling,nothing is priced on value,it's all speculation.Not good.
:rolleyes:
Its unreal what gets said in these posts! Tell me you think this boat is worth? or what "value" it has?
The comment on the pump is bang on. 2 peice suction housing from billet. Who else makes them? Nobody. We don't make a ton, they are machined for us in small batches and they are, as said, over 5 K for just the bare housing! Im going to guess thats also not your run of the mill A2 impeller in there. And of course dont forget the fabricated steel nozzle(try making one of those before you suggest what one is worth)
The hull itself is $13500 completely bare, add in painted gas tanks(fabricated), complete rig, full custom interior with dual race seats that are over a grand a peice AND have been custom reupholstered on top of that. Oh then you want to do a 3 tone paint job on the boat.
Then we can get into the motor. Im not 100% aware of what was done to this motor exactly but I do know it was reworked by someone very familiar with what it takes to make a marathoin jetboat motor that can last hours and hours at WOT. I'm willing to bet there was an equivilant amount of work done to the motor than what it cost initially. (lets say the motor is about $30)
Drop that on a custom trailer and tell me you can build that boat for what its being sold for.
oh and btw this boat was built in Alberta Canada, our economy isn't "stalling"
Cheers

HM
11-29-2007, 08:27 AM
That is a nice boat.
Nobody pays attention to the backyard mechanics who claim stuff is too expensive except for their lame broke-ass buddies and they all have broken down cars in their front yard...but they own them outright!!!! They don't have a friggen clue about stuff they can't get at pep boys. And, they can't stay on the gas for more than 10 seconds without putting a hand on the bible praying their shiat won't grenade. Marathon engines, even when only developing moderate power require a shiat load of expensive internals and need to be built by guys in the know.
Will the boat sell for that much in the U.S.? The market for that boat is probably fairly niche and the guys that buy those kind of boats probably know the value. I like that you have been giving your boats a lot of profile on ***boat...they are way cool boats and I bet the usual jetters could learn a LOT from what you guys have done.
I don't know if I'd ever buy one, but I definite want to take a ride in one!!!

Xerophobic
11-29-2007, 08:55 AM
That is a nice boat.
Nobody pays attention to the backyard mechanics who claim stuff is too expensive except for their lame broke-ass buddies and they all have broken down cars in their front yard...but they own them outright!!!! They don't have a friggen clue about stuff they can't get at pep boys. And, they can't stay on the gas for more than 10 seconds without putting a hand on the bible praying their shiat won't grenade. Marathon engines, even when only developing moderate power require a shiat load of expensive internals and need to be built by guys in the know.
Will the boat sell for that much in the U.S.? The market for that boat is probably fairly niche and the guys that buy those kind of boats probably know the value. I like that you have been giving your boats a lot of profile on ***boat...they are way cool boats and I bet the usual jetters could learn a LOT from what you guys have done.
I don't know if I'd ever buy one, but I definite want to take a ride in one!!!
Offer him 60K and you may be able to take all the rides you want! haha :D
You're right on the money tho, sometimes I wonder if anyone looks at the prices of any new boats these days...
This boat has a limited market up here too. We do have a healthy economy due to all the oil in Alberta but it does take a special kind of guy who wants to rip up the river in that kind of style and do it at 100+.
The boat was origionally built for a half owner of this company but sold before it ever even saw use(he became committed to an overseas project and had no time for boating) The current owner bought the boat to use it as a pre runner boat for the worlds race and after serving that purpose its now up for sale. He has replaced it with a 'tamer' sport boat with a windsheild and heater etc which, rather ironically, will probably be almost as fast as this one haha (that boat actually uses his A class race boat engine :O )
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSCF0044r.JPG
Cheers

Warp Speed
11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
That is a nice boat.
I hear ya big daddy!$!$!
Warp Speed ;)

Rvr Swpr
11-29-2007, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=HM;2917104]That is a nice boat.
In reality your post probably says more about you than anyone else. Alot of hate on here lately.The boat is awsome,just stating opinion.

Warp Speed
11-29-2007, 12:50 PM
In reality your post probably says more about you than anyone else. Alot of hate on here lately.The boat is awsome,just stating opinion.
I think it is an awesome boat, and if I decided to go racing in that venue it would lmost certainly be an Eagle I would be in. As is stated above, I was just giving my opinion on the cost of such a piece! :eek:
The biggest thing I had trouble with is the $30,000 720hp 572. But I don't know much about endurance engines so maybe!! :D ;)
Warp Speed ;)

455Rocket
11-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Man,
I understand 10,000 for a super pump, can't have more than 12,000 in that engine. That leaves about 45,000 for the boat without drive train!
A steal?!?!?!
Warp Speed ;)
5 or 6 years ago that thing would have been $.12 with the exchange rate :D I miss those days!

HM
11-29-2007, 01:39 PM
In reality your post probably says more about you than anyone else.
That's right...don't fukk with with 3 legged ninja midget. :D

Big Kahunaa
11-29-2007, 01:53 PM
do you have a pic of this hull without the windshield

HM
11-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I hear ya big daddy!$!$!
Warp Speed ;)
Don't worry, only other angry 3 legged ninja midgets listen to me...and since I am the only one on ***boat...I am pretty much talking to myself. :D
And if you saw my current boat...it is far from big daddy. In fact, I fit in nicely in the jet forum...I just haven't gotten the balls up to claim that my 21' sprectra jet with a 330hp 454 does 100 MPH. :D

Xerophobic
11-29-2007, 02:30 PM
We've definitely built 21 sport "wind deflector" boats in the past Big' but they are not as common these days. I'd probably be stealing pictures from Gator boats site and that may be one place you want to check out. We build raw hulls for them and they finish up some nice rig's.
http://www.gatorjetboats.com/Gallery.html
(We build an open bow wind deflector boat for them as well)
The boat you're refering to would look very similar to the tunnel if we went with a radius wind deflector or the origional looking pointed cowling.
The infamous "Jungle boy" on here would be the one to ask about a 21 sport like you're asking, he really misses his old boat sometimes. Then again Dave is always grumbling cause he works too much anyway, ay Dave??? :D
here is a good shot of his old toy...
http://www.outlaweagle.com/forum/files/copy_of_f1030007_100.jpg
I'll have to really dig through the archives to find more shots for you, I'll see what I can do. Kevo may have some stuff stashed away as well
Cheers

Xerophobic
11-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Oh yea, browse through this section of our forum for various pictures of these boats in production
http://www.outlaweagle.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=25
Kevo and I try to keep people informed when their new boats are getting built and it really gives people a better understanding of what goes into the fabrication process. Of course it also shows off the work our boys do and enough can't be said about that. They do a great job
You will probably see some 21's just coming out of paint before the windscreens are bolted on but they still look very different than a hull designed as a true "wind deflector" boat.
Cheers

Warp Speed
11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Ya know, there has been some squable over the price, and a little squable over opinions of this type of boat, but it has kept this add towards the top of the heep for Xero!!! ;)

HM
11-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Ya know, there has been some squable over the price, and a little squable over opinions of this type of boat, but it has kept this add towards the top of the heep for Xero!!! ;)
Don't tell anyone. :D

Xerophobic
11-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Damn they caught on! :D
Actually had a very interested party call me. I can't say as its a private sale and out of our hands but we just might see this boat end up in...
California!!!!

Warp Speed
11-29-2007, 05:31 PM
:D
Where's our cut???............... Or maybe a ride in one?!?! :idea:
Warp Speed ;)

Rvr Swpr
11-29-2007, 06:44 PM
I have lurked here alot longer than the time i have been posting,alot longer.Mainly because of the generation gap.I regret talking about price in the SPAM section about someones boat.It's a sharp boat,you guys are working hard.Warpspeed you seem like good people,and HM I've always enjoyed your posts.

Xerophobic
11-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Ill start a thread over in the jet section with a few more pictures Big..

Rondane
11-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Man,
A steal?!?!?!
Warp Speed ;)
This all coming from a guy who shops at one of the most expensive jetshops around? :rolleyes: Why dont you say that about that about the 21' daytona at $37K.....:eek: At least this boat isnt over 15 years old....
Bump for a nice boat!
rondane

Schi-502
12-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Not able to make this boat happin for me. All the usual excuses...
It's a fine example of what's in Xero's videos.
Back to work.