PDA

View Full Version : Schiada 21 rigging measurements for Sawtooth

SGettmann
11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi Chris - I have some rigging measurements that I took last weekend while I was visiting mom and dad and crawling around in the barn. Hopefully I remembered them all, but let me know if I missed anything.
Transom to the rear motor mount: 22"
Transom to the rear strut mount: 23"
Transom to the log shaft - 64"
Transom to the rear whip strut: 48"
Just noticed that I don't have transom to the v-drive case V-drive is 10 degree, 1 1/8" shaft, with 49% gears.
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/SGettmann/347_WhipStrut.jpg?t=1196216395
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/SGettmann/347_logshaft.jpg?t=1196216313
Here's the stringer setup under the deck, since you are reduing yours:
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/SGettmann/347_Stringer.jpg?t=1196216616
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/SGettmann/347_BlastPlate.jpg?t=1196216436

SGettmann
11-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Chris, btw - if you want to fit any more than 2 people in the boat, move the motor back. I can fit a back seat in her, but really tight. Plus it's difficult to get to the motor with the back seat in. If I ever get married and have kids, I'll need to rig up a smaller seat, since getting rid of the boat is NOT an option. The kid is getting a set of ear muffs to protect his ears. Maybe strap the kid in a car seat on top of the intercooler:) My parents did this with me and I came out fine.

sawtooth
11-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Sean thanks for the messurements, these sound about right/very close to what I have gotten in the past. Mike from RexMar let me messure his 21RC also and I have gotten a couple others, I am trying to get a good average and will then set mine up this way....I just want to be real close so I don't have a bunch of holes in the new installation moving things around. Thanks for the pic's also, your installation in the pic's in the "ski race boats" thread is super clean. Good luck on your Dads 20 I am sure it will be very nice.

ColeTR2
11-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Sean thanks for the messurements, these sound about right/very close to what I have gotten in the past.
How much HP are you going to put in it? Just looking at those measurements i'd say that they are for a river cruiser with not much HP.

SGettmann
11-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Not much horsepower.... just building up a place ski motor. The usual 509 BBC Dart Big M Block, Dart Aluminum heads, and a pair of gentry hair dryers on her. Hope to be able to get a skier out of the water. This is what I have sitting in the barn currently, with a fresh set of turbos from Brummet to go on once I get the valve train assembly finished.
Sean
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/SGettmann/Motor_347_1.jpg?t=1196264431
How much HP are you going to put in it? Just looking at those measurements i'd say that they are for a river cruiser with not much HP.

Icarus prospector
11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Nothing not pretty about those pictures! I'd love to find the hardware for that cav plate setup! Nice mount for the cooler as well.

SGettmann
11-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Icarus - look up a metal supply house. Where are you located? I have one down the street in Redwood City. I'm in the process of making up new cavitation plates for my dad's 20'. Get them cut, polished, then send them in for anodizing. Think I found a place for that as well on the peninsula.
Sean
]
Nothing not pretty about those pictures! I'd love to find the hardware for that cav plate setup! Nice mount for the cooler as well.

sawtooth
11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey ColeTR2 (is it Mike ?), I will be installing a BBC brought out to a 540ci with a Gentry/Brummett twin turbo set up old school style. Or what I call old school, cast exhaust manifolds, Holley carbs, iron heads unless I come accross a set of aluminum's I can get cheep. I will be happy with something around 850 - 900 HP but Carson said it will be closer to 1000 HP. Two years ago at the L A boat show I was drooling over Lee's Dads 21RC in the lobby more like studying it and a guy ask's me if I got it all figured out :D so we start talking and introduce ourselfs and turns out to be Mr. Mike King. He proceded to answer my questions and told me to come by the shop (Prime) and talk to him and he would help any way he could......I should take him up on that, very nice guy!!!
Chris.

sawtooth
11-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Not much horsepower.... just building up a place ski motor. The usual 509 BBC Dart Big M Block, Dart Aluminum heads, and a pair of gentry hair dryers on her. Hope to be able to get a skier out of the water. This is what I have sitting in the barn currently, with a fresh set of turbos from Brummet to go on once I get the valve train assembly finished.
Sean
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/SGettmann/Motor_347_1.jpg?t=1196264431
Hey Sean are those rockers T&D's or Jessle, Nice looking motor by the way.

intense
11-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Hey Sean are those rockers T&D's or Jessle, Nice looking motor by the way.
Jessle :D

Jordy
11-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Hope you can pull a skier out of the water with that setup... :D :D :D
Beautiful looking setup and the mill doesn't look that bad either. Keep us posted with more pics. :)

howardflatty
11-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey ColeTR2 (is it Mike ?), I will be installing a BBC brought out to a 540ci with a Gentry/Brummett twin turbo set up old school style. Or what I call old school, cast exhaust manifolds, Holley carbs, iron heads unless I come accross a set of aluminum's I can get cheep. I will be happy with something around 850 - 900 HP but Carson said it will be closer to 1000 HP. Two years ago at the L A boat show I was drooling over Lee's Dads 21RC in the lobby more like studying it and a guy ask's me if I got it all figured out :D so we start talking and introduce ourselfs and turns out to be Mr. Mike King. He proceded to answer my questions and told me to come by the shop (Prime) and talk to him and he would help any way he could......I should take him up on that, very nice guy!!!
Chris.
Sawtooth,
The offer from two years ago still stands, anytime you want to come by Prime Marine with questions, needs, or just to check out the latest project, the door is always open to you or anyone else. We have moved, this is our new address: 10825 Indiana Ct. Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730
Mike king 909-484-8338

Icarus prospector
11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Icarus - look up a metal supply house. Where are you located? I have one down the street in Redwood City. I'm in the process of making up new cavitation plates for my dad's 20'. Get them cut, polished, then send them in for anodizing. Think I found a place for that as well on the peninsula.
Sean
]
Thanks Sean. I'm familiar with Alan Steel down there. My question is more about aluminum vs stainless and the cav rod blocks.