PDA

View Full Version : Help Lost Dog/Superstition

kap
11-27-2007, 08:33 PM
To Anyone Who Cares:
A friend of mine Flying Rhino called me tonight and asked for help in finding his lost dog.
Breed: Lab/Mix
Color: Light/Brown/White
Name: Answers to "Corona".
Last Seen: Superstition---at the "dip" headed toward Wheeler Road. Ocotillo area is a possibility in Imperial County.
Identifying Features: Collar Harley Davidson Monogram.
DON AKA Flying Rhino is currently looking for the dog for the last two days he is at Superstition right now still looking.
This dog is a family pet and a CASH reward is forthcoming to any party no questions asked.
Anyone with information please help if you can.
Your thanks is greatly appreciated.
Very truly yours,
KAP
Link to Photo on Glamis Dunes.
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=122292

Rexone
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
kap see your pm.

Itsahobby
11-27-2007, 08:56 PM
If your friend has not found his dog, have him try this. Have him take a shirt off that he has worn all day and put it where he last saw the dog.
We lost a hunting dog once, my dad left his shirt by a tree. He came back 3 days later and there was old butch. Poor old dog was hungery and shaking but we got him back.
Jerry

Phat Matt
11-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Poor doggy. :(
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44003&d=1196225858

kap
11-27-2007, 09:09 PM
GRRRRRREAT NEWS::D :D :D :D
I was just talking to Don on the cell phone and he was running out of campfire wood and the dog just walked into camp:eek: :eek: :eek: . He was ecstatic had to call home with the news for the family:) :) .
It makes me very HAPPY to report such great news. Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. I was only trying to get the word out for a friend.
He stayed put for two days and it worked the dog came back.
Awesome Stuff!!!!!!!!!
Very truly yours,
KAP
Whew! what a night.

Phat Matt
11-27-2007, 09:12 PM
That is awesome. I felt bad for the little guy. :)

Rexone
11-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Great news. That's the key right there. :) Most will come back in an area they're not familiar with (rural).

Havasu1986
11-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Great news. :) See within a hour of you posting on Hot Boat Corona comes home. Also great job on Flying Rhino for staying for the 2 days until Corona came back. ;)

maxwedge
11-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Very good to hear.

Rexone
11-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Very good to hear.
Maxwedge did you ever find your wife?

new2cats
11-27-2007, 09:33 PM
I was just talking to Don on the cell phone and he was running out of campfire wood and the dog just walked into camp:eek: :eek: :eek: . He was ecstatic had to call home with the news for the family:) :) .
It makes me very HAPPY to report such great news. Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. I was only trying to get the word out for a friend.
Awesome Stuff!!!!!!!!!
Very truly yours,
KAP
Whew! what a night.
Dedicated owner with honor and respect for his loyal pet..that is killer....some folks cannot even love and raise their child. This guy deserves a PITA or SPCA badge of honor!!! I bet he would have camped until his family begged him to come home.....amazing story..thanks Kap.

maxwedge
11-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Maxwedge did you ever find your wife?
Nope I never did. After she wandered off in the woods, I tried tying an old shirt around a tree hoping that it would be freshly laundered and pressed when I came back, but instead I just found a bunch of lost dogs waiting around for their owners.:D

FlyingRhino
11-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Dedicated owner with honor and respect for his loyal pet..that is killer....some folks cannot even love and raise their child. This guy deserves a PITA or SPCA badge of honor!!! I bet he would have camped until his family begged him to come home.....amazing story..thanks Kap.
Hi folks I am back home now. Corona is exhausted and so am I.
Thanks for the above comments but my reward came last night when he wondered into camp. I was on the phone to Kap when Corona just appeared.
I put out food and a few of my wife's clothes. The first thing he went to was one of my wife's sweaters.
Kind of weird how he just appeared. I told Kap he was my Angel. He got to hear the excitement when I saw Corona.
I learned a few lessons with this drama. Dog Leashed, GPS collar for camping, and tags.
Thanks for all your thoughts

W.O.T
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Wow good news! Ive found a dog out there once before about to die. We picked it up in a blanket and nursed it for a while at camp. Ended up finding the owners who had lost it a week or two before. We returned the dog home safely. That would definitely be one of my worst nightmares losing my puppy dog.

kap
11-28-2007, 06:01 PM
To the HB membership:
I must say it was a very happy night in our home as well. I had to call Don back to make sure he wasn't hallucinating or drinking to much from all the worrying:D :D .
"I asked him are you sure the dog is right there with you"---he laughed and said yes!--- and he was still in shock at the turn of events--- not to mention extremely grateful that his prayers were answered.
Glad everything turned out greaaat!
Kinda puts the Thanksgiving meaning right to the front of the line during this holiday season.
Very truly yours,
KAP

FlyingRhino
11-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Wow good news! Ive found a dog out there once before about to die. We picked it up in a blanket and nursed it for a while at camp. Ended up finding the owners who had lost it a week or two before. We returned the dog home safely. That would definitely be one of my worst nightmares losing my puppy dog.
I also wanted to mention we did run across another apparent stary while we were searching for Corona. I tried to coax him to me but to no avail.
This dog appeared to be a Lab/Boxer mix Lt. Brown with a cropped tail. No collar. He looks like he has been out there for awhile. Saw him Sunday afternoon walking NE from Wheeler Rd.
I havent seen any posts or articles about this dog.
As a side note to this I will never chase a stray dog that appears domesticated out of my camp. We should assume that these dogs are lost not just visiting.
I will do whatever I can to restrain and hold them for their owner.

Mandelon
11-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Don, glad to hear Corona is OK!

Cs19
11-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Glad to hear he got the dog back!! Thats a great story.

Miss Perfect
11-28-2007, 10:02 PM
I am so so happy you got your pup back!

Big Kahunaa
11-28-2007, 10:15 PM
kick a$$ great story