PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing your Jet

RCB19
11-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Could somebody please tell me how to do this? I'm about ready to launch my laptop off the balcony trying to figure this out. :mad: I would appreciate experienced help here.
Thanks Guys

Nucking futs
11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
OK, First you need to get you some keystone, Drink it all by yourself and then while looking at the boat tap your heels 3 times and say, You better run better next year BITCH!!!!! Cuz I just spent 15 grand on a new mill for your ass.
Works for me, and I have the receipts to prove it......

Cs19
11-27-2007, 09:56 PM
good thread rcb.
its crucial you winterize in southern california, ill be watching this one to get some pointers.

cyclone
11-27-2007, 10:07 PM
1. Heat up a can of anti-sieze until it liquifies and then pump that stuff into the water exit in the suction housing. that'll keep the wear ring and impeller lubed up during the long, cold, harsh southern california winter month.
2. Next, drain a quart of oil out of the bowl before your next river trip because we all know that adds hp.
3. soak the underwater hardware in a mixture of Colt45 and Boones Farm. It'll form a sticky solution on the powdercoat that prevents oxidation and actually increases surface tension, thus adding more speed to your speed boat.
you can thank me later over a couple of cold ones.

GAWnCA
11-27-2007, 10:15 PM
3. soak the underwater hardware in a mixture of Colt45 and Boones Farm. It'll form a sticky solution on the powdercoat that prevents oxidation and actually increases surface tension, thus adding more speed to your speed boat.
And come next spring, when you forgot to stop by the 7-11 for beer, you can go home and lick off the coating. :D :D :D

widowmaker
11-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Don't forget to plug in the block heater!:D :D :D

sanger rat
11-27-2007, 10:18 PM
I think the laptop just went flying off the balcony. LOL:D

Dogballs
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Could somebody please tell me how to do this? I'm about ready to launch my laptop off the balcony trying to figure this out. :mad: I would appreciate experienced help here.
Thanks Guys
:idea:

LGCDEVIL
11-28-2007, 12:35 PM
What is this thing you call "winter"?

Johnwithjm
11-28-2007, 12:47 PM
1. Heat up a can of anti-sieze until it liquifies and then pump that stuff into the water exit in the suction housing. that'll keep the wear ring and impeller lubed up during the long, cold, harsh southern california winter month.
2. Next, drain a quart of oil out of the bowl before your next river trip because we all know that adds hp.
Stuff a towel or blanket into the intake on the pump and try to remember to take it out before you go boating:D

cyclone
11-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Stuff a towel or blanket into the intake on the pump and try to remember to take it out before you go boating:D
i can't be sure but i think you wont get very far doing that john.

BLEWBAYOU1
11-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Store it in a insulated garage and use it at least once a month, no winterizing necessary.That's what I do!
It's just like preventing hangovers ,stay drunk!:D

deltarat
11-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Store it in a insulated garage and use it at least once a month, no winterizing necessary.That's what I do!
It's just like preventing hangovers ,stay drunk!:D
lol, ok lets get drunker...lol:D

Schi-502
11-28-2007, 03:54 PM
I've met some people that have introduced me to the "once a month" program. It works like this. You read the threads daily and respond when they post a lunch run. Once a month you get it wet and drink some beer. Some go fast, some go faster and some raid your cooler. No winter problems here.

RCB19
11-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Sorry guys this is not the advise I was looking for. I know how to drink and stuff. I heard that all you need to do is pump some antifreeze in the zerk fitting and weld the forward reverse bucket closed to keep the dirt, leafs and rodents out. Is there something that should be pumped into the those 2 plugs on the bowl or should I just weld those things closed to?
Again THANKS for the help guys!!! I really appreciate it.

Cs19
11-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Make sure you bag the dist. cap, you know how random things can get in there.

uLtRADeNniS
11-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Dont forget to wrap the pump in glad wrap.

FOURQ
11-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Sorry guys this is not the advise I was looking for. I know how to drink and stuff. Is there something that should be pumped into the those 2 plugs on the bowl or should I just weld those things closed to?
Again THANKS for the help guys!!! I really appreciate it.
ya I heard you just piss in those after a hard night out with the boys and all the unused alcohol in there will do ya right up.. what ever you do dont weld them up you might not drill them in the right spot come summer time..:idea:

Cs19
11-28-2007, 09:14 PM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u165/1raceface/grouchomunch.jpg
ask this guy, hes the winterizing expert

Cs19
11-28-2007, 09:16 PM
where u been lgc?

cyclone
11-28-2007, 09:19 PM
where u been lgc?
passed out in his boat on an island somewhere.

RCB19
11-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Ya where has Ni**a Please been?

Cs19
11-28-2007, 09:37 PM
hes probably been winterizing the devil.
whats the sticker on the back of the devil say? cant remember..

Jetaholic
11-28-2007, 11:14 PM
LMAO this thread is too funny! :D
RCB, if you have a gate valve on the water supply for your pump (and you should), mark a spot on it with a sharpie that lines up with the water line coming from the pump. Then close the valve down, and count how many turns it took to close it using the mark you made on the valve handle so you remember where to set it back to when the summer comes.
Then pull your thermostat housing and fill the block up with either a mix of 50/50 antifreeze/water, or you could just use straight antifreeze....I don't think it matters either way. But fill it at the thermostat housing. Closing your water valve down will keep it from running out of the motor. Then replace your thermostat housing.
As far as the bowl oil, I would drain it completely since water likes to get in there, and refill it with 90w gear oil and you should be good.
While you're doing this...make sure you drink no less than a 30 pack of Bud and launch your laptop over the balcony. :D :D

Nucking futs
11-29-2007, 05:58 AM
SICK MY DUCK

LGCDEVIL
11-29-2007, 06:19 AM
passed out in his boat on an island somewhere.
Was just takin' a nap. Jeez.:sleeping:

LGCDEVIL
11-29-2007, 06:25 AM
hes probably been winterizing the devil.
Winterizing. Thats when you put the boat in the garage, then use it as work bench for 4 months till you go to the river again? If you stack enough Rhino parts and motocross gear and shit on the deck, and let a fine layer of dust settle over the whole mess, it really helps keep the oxidation to a minimum.

LGCDEVIL
11-29-2007, 06:27 AM
SICK MY DUCK
Bingo. Thanks, Balls.

Dogballs
11-29-2007, 11:17 AM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u165/1raceface/grouchomunch.jpg
ask this guy, hes the winterizing expert
I heard if you drink a couple cold beers in the boat and then fire it up and rev it to the limiter it keeps those valve thingies loose so they don't freeze up on ya.

Hustler
11-29-2007, 11:49 AM
RCB did you winterize the boat when you put it away 2 years ago?:eek: :D

FuelInMyVeins82
11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Balls, when are we going to go rage at the Tavern again?? :devil:

cyclone
11-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Ouch.....motors been done for over a month and he's still not on the water.....

TahitiTiger
11-29-2007, 12:37 PM
I was forced to winterize my Tahiti when a really expensive tow bill from the lake to home took all my money.
1st I drained both fuel tanks into the Camero :D
2nd I cussed at my stupidity for not replacing crappy tires
3rd I pulled the engine out, and put a light film of oil on all the bare alluminum.
4th started repairing my transom :cry:
I am still hung up on #4 LOL

Dogballs
11-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Balls, when are we going to go rage at the Tavern again?? :devil:
I am posting from my laptop at the bar :messedup:

FuelInMyVeins82
11-30-2007, 12:37 AM
I am posting from my laptop at the bar :messedup:
Nice Ross, his old man, and I raged at Dailys. Ross even found himself a 200lb grenade to jump on!! Nice work Bizz :D

Dogballs
11-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Nice Ross, his old man, and I raged at Dailys. Ross even found himself a 200lb grenade to jump on!! Nice work Bizz :D
Sorry, I missed you guys! Ross is the man! Let me know next time your out and about and one of these times I will make it. Thanks for the call Fuel!

RCB19
11-30-2007, 08:15 PM
LMAO! I have no comment here.
Dude if I were to jump on that I'd bounce right through the glass windows and still be laying out in the parking lot. How about the old man stealin peoples pitchers?
Sorry, I missed you guys! Ross is the man! Let me know next time your out and about and one of these times I will make it. Thanks for the call Fuel!
Scotty it's time to do some tradeing at the Tavern. We need to get down that way on a Friday.

FuelInMyVeins82
11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Dude if I were to jump on that I'd bounce right through the glass windows and still be laying out in the parking lot. How about the old man stealin peoples pitchers?
LMAO That was classic. Your old man is comedy.

FuelInMyVeins82
11-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Scotty it's time to do some tradeing at the Tavern. We need to get down that way on a Friday.
Isnt today Friday :idea:

RCB19
11-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Isnt today Friday :idea:
Somebody told me that it was Responsible Friday or something???

FuelInMyVeins82
11-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Somebody told me that it was Responsible Friday or something???
:confused: Who ever said that seiously need to have a cold one and a shot

Cs19
11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
:confused: Who ever said that seiously need to have a cold one and a shot
You guys are home posting on ***boat at 10 on friday night. you gotta get on the earlybird program. run it hard till 10pm and pull the chutes/pop the valve and shut it down so you can actually get off the couch on Sat.

jet4fun
11-30-2007, 10:18 PM
You guys are home posting on ***boat at 10 on friday night. you gotta get on the earlybird program. run it hard till 10pm and pull the chutes/pop the valve and shut it down so you can actually get off the couch on Sat.
so are you. by the way, i'm on my laptop on the way to the sand dunes. so ha

FuelInMyVeins82
12-01-2007, 10:45 AM
So bassically your only running it to half track. :confused:

Red Rocket
12-01-2007, 06:51 PM
So bassically your only running it to half track. :confused:
:eek: I think he's calling you a quitter!

likwidsukr
12-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Winter:confused:

RaceFace
12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
1.) Change the Oil, and filters
2.) Change the Fuel/water filter
3.) Do All PM Stuff, Lube the lubin points, and Don't forget the trailer
4.) Fill tank and ADD Sta-bil
5.) Connect water hose and flush
6.) Break out the HOT SAUCE and get rid of the water spots
7.) Detail, Wax, and Cover----Your Done! ;)
Search--BOAT STORAGE--Short and long term...Might help :)
Did ya get that RCB? You should print this list. ;) :D

RCB19
12-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Did ya get that RCB? You should print this list. ;) :D
I did its stuck on my bathroom mirror.

RCB19
12-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Tough crowd here.

RCB19
12-10-2007, 06:38 PM
SICK MY DUCK
Hey now let's keep it clean in here.

Jetaholic
12-10-2007, 06:42 PM
I was forced to winterize my Tahiti when a really expensive tow bill from the lake to home took all my money.
1st I drained both fuel tanks into the Camero :D
2nd I cussed at my stupidity for not replacing crappy tires
3rd I pulled the engine out, and put a light film of oil on all the bare alluminum.
4th started repairing my transom :cry:
I am still hung up on #4 LOL
Holy shit! Not meaning to thread jack here, but if you don't mind me asking what happened to your transom?

RCB19
12-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Bump I sold my parts...

speedymopars
12-11-2007, 10:04 PM
It's the 2 weeks in feb when it rains! :D