PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Question on Trans in a V-drive

Blueoval
11-28-2007, 03:50 AM
I have a Hallett 19'ss, doing a restore on her and want too install a trans.
Questions, what needs to be done to the trans?
1.) Remove torque converter?
2.) Does the shaft need to be longer (1/2 plate between trans and engine) engine mount
3.) the engine will be a 588 blown BBF, does anyone know about C-6 transmissions?
I have no idea on the transmissions in boats, I see turbo 400 all the time, so somebody's knows what needs to be done???:idea:
Any help would be great!!
thanks

Unchained
11-28-2007, 04:22 AM
I have a Hallett 19'ss, doing a restore on her and want too install a trans.
Questions, what needs to be done to the trans?
1.) Remove torque converter?
2.) Does the shaft need to be longer (1/2 plate between trans and engine) engine mount
3.) the engine will be a 588 blown BBF, does anyone know about C-6 transmissions?
I have no idea on the transmissions in boats, I see turbo 400 all the time, so somebody's knows what needs to be done???:idea:
Any help would be great!!
thanks
I have a left over C6 trans from my boat complete with the coupler. $300. and it's yours.
The mounting plates went with the engine but I may be able to get those back too.
I've run a trans in my boat since I got it. I would not own a v drive without a trans. Depending on the hp level the trans may need to be beefed up.
mark55@hughes.net

Blueoval
11-28-2007, 05:12 AM
I have a left over C6 trans from my boat complete with the coupler. $300. and it's yours.
The mounting plates went with the engine but I may be able to get those back too.
I've run a trans in my boat since I got it. I would not own a v drive without a trans. Depending on the hp level the trans may need to be beefed up.
mark55@hughes.net
AH!!! That great!!
I have the engine mounts so that's no problem, I just moved to Michigan, living in Garden City. I work for Ford motor company. I see your in michigan, give me directions and I'll be your way soon!!!
Thanks again.:)