PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Nortech-Texas!!!! 50K Reward.

BoatPI
11-28-2007, 06:13 AM
Stolen a few days ago. Our office has not been assigned this claim. The insurance carrier may investigate the claim themselves. More to follow as I receive it.
$50,000 REWARD. BPI
http://www.boatman.com/images/Hall_D_stolen.pdf

Jbb
11-28-2007, 06:21 AM
ummmm (https://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171284)

Cole
11-28-2007, 06:24 AM
It amazes me how a boat this BIG can be stolen without anyone taking notice!! :confused: good luck finding it!!

ratso
11-28-2007, 06:41 AM
It amazes me how a boat this BIG can be stolen without anyone taking notice!! :confused: good luck finding it!!
Exactly...:idea:

707dog
11-28-2007, 08:04 AM
ya no shit you need a serious rig to tow the sum bitzh!! and it wont fit into to many garages either:idea: :idea:

centerhill condor
11-28-2007, 08:08 AM
anybody seen "later" lately???
CC

ULTRA26 # 1
11-28-2007, 08:10 AM
I got an email from OSO about the the $50k reward. My guess is that this one is gone for good.

voodoomedman
11-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Derebery a somewhat shady outfit. If it is it's kinda funny if it was taken from there. :idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
11-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Derebery a somewhat shady outfit. If it is it's kinda funny if it was taken from there. :idea:
This is a big boat to steal and tow down the road unnoticed.
Must be those tweakers again. :D :D

voodoomedman
11-28-2007, 08:49 AM
This is a big boat to steal and tow down the road unnoticed.
Must be those tweakers again. :D :D
Nope. The tweakers are blamed for things in Havasu and have no teeth. They are just drunks hillbillies in Texas with 3 teeth. :D

ULTRA26 # 1
11-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Nope. The tweakers are blamed for things in Havasu and have no teeth. They are just drunks hillbillies in Texas with 3 teeth. :D
Texas, where Shotguns and Sawzalls are mandatory and teeth are optional.
(J/K) :)

rrrr
11-28-2007, 09:10 AM
What evidence do you have to support your claim? Posts from PeriodJohn? There's more to that story than what was posted on an internet message board.
Derebery has been in business a long time and has a good reputation around Texoma. He wouldn't have a thriving marine business and be building hundreds of crate engines every year for Year One if he was "shady".

shippingguy
11-28-2007, 09:15 AM
What evidence do you have to support your claim? Posts from PeriodJohn? There's more to that story than what was posted on an internet message board.
Derebery has been in business a long time and has a good reputation around Texoma. He wouldn't have a thriving marine business and be building hundreds of crate engines every year for Year One if he was "shady".
I am not going to stir the pot, but I have done some business with them and it had nothing to do with my boat or any boat for that matter and I must say they are some of the most unorganized folks I have dealt with and on top of it I have seen three of their products first hand and I can say without a doubt I would never own one of there pieces of work.
Mike

voodoomedman
11-28-2007, 09:23 AM
I was just asking. Not going to get into it. I've done a little more research then the John dot story and while every type of business will have at least one horror story you do get to thinking when you hear multiples and hear or see them alot especially when they have things in common. Unfortunately the marine business is one where shady characters can thrive for years and years while screwing people. There is always average Joe who doesn't do any research but just buys something because everybody else has one and they think it's cool. That is probably the #1 reason there are so many West Coast builders that have less than stellar reputations and quality of product and such. California is a breeding ground for look at me, look at me.
I am not going to stir the pot, but I have done some business with them and it had nothing to do with my boat or any boat for that matter and I must say they are some of the most unorganized folks I have dealt with and on top of it I have seen three of their products first hand and I can say without a doubt I would never own one of there pieces of work.
Mike
That's enough for me right there. I trust this guy's word.

rrrr
11-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Fair enough......I haven't had any issues with them, and I know several customers quite happy with their work.
I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes. ***boat is a big help to people that need information before spending money.