PDA

View Full Version : Help with impeller ID

73sleekraft
11-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Found a tag on my Jacuzzi Pump that reads "12WJB/A".
Does this mean I have an "A" impeller? I'm sure it is possible the previous owner could have swapped for a differant one. Can i tell just by looking at the impeller thats in the boat to see which cut i have?
I can easily turn 5k, havent had it gps'd yet, hell, i only have had it in the water 3 times toward the end of last season. Feels like i could go a little harder, but i know that these olds engines don't like anything much past 5.
I don't know if the olds 455 is built. Had to put on new C heads (existing ones had some bent valves), and it has a Torker intake, with a 750 Holley double pumper. I don't know what cam, or if it is bored/stroked.
Main concern is i'm trying to figure this thing out, and see what impeller i have... Is there a possibility my pump is "worn out" and it is slipping more than it should be? One more thing, how much grease do you guys put in the zerks on the top of the pump in and out side of the boat?
Thanks for all the input!

malcolm
11-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Most WJs came with B's which are closer to berkeley A's. Mine spins right up to 5k with a mild 455 also.

jetboatperformance
11-28-2007, 08:14 AM
73 the "stamping" (12jb/a) seems a little confusing ,any chance the "/a" was restamped? The majority of those WJ jets in "production' boats we've seen came with "B" Impellers Jacuzzi. Jacuzzi wj b Impellers have similar characteristics to Berkeley "A" cuts Jacuzzi wj a's are like berk "AA" . IMO (depending on actual HP and jet internal wear surface condition,tach accuracy etc) you should be seeing RPM's more around 4200-4400 (A) 4600-4800 (B) Hope this doesn't confuse things The true way to evaluate the "health of this jet is to pull it down and measure it Photos would be helpfull. This jet is relatively simple to work on and works well when working correctly...Tom
Damn, Malcomb you type faster than me :)

73sleekraft
11-28-2007, 09:11 AM
I got that tag from the engine compartment side of the pump.
On the outside of the boat, i found a tag on the left side of the pump (looking at the back of boat) with a serial number of: 9392 0056/A. Does this help confirm i have an A impeller?? Or does it mean nothn' at all...:idea: The boat is a 73 Sleek Craft Monterrey

Duane HTP
11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Like Tom said, You need to pull the pump down, measure the impeller and check over all wear conditions.

Duane HTP
11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Like Tom said, You need to pull the pump down, measure the impeller and check over all wear conditions.

jetboatperformance
11-28-2007, 09:31 AM
I got that tag from the engine compartment side of the pump.
On the outside of the boat, i found a tag on the left side of the pump (looking at the back of boat) with a serial number of: 9392 0056/A. Does this help confirm i have an A impeller?? Or does it mean nothn' at all...:idea: The boat is a 73 Sleek Craft Monterrey
Sleek that only suggests what it may have been originally produced with ,Hypothetically though if thats the case ,your RPMs seem high versus your described motor Tom