PDA

View Full Version : Place Diverter Hydro Pump

uLtRADeNniS
11-28-2007, 11:39 AM
I have this pump and it keeps coming off the plastic backet that was provided with it in choppy water. Its really a bitch cleaning ATF out of the back of the boat every other weekend. Do any of you guys have this thing mounted with a different bracket? Im gonna make something new for it, I just need some ideas (pics).
Thanks in advance.
http://www.placediverter.com/upload/3-120-hck-control.gif

GAWnCA
11-28-2007, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=uLtRADeNniS;2915710]I have this pump and it keeps coming off the plastic backet that was provided with it in choppy water. Its really a bitch cleaning ATF out of the back of the boat every other weekend. Do any of you guys have this thing mounted with a different bracket? Im gonna make something new for it, I just need some ideas (pics).
Thanks in advance.
I have this same pump and haven't installed it yet, but I have read where several others have had problems with the same problem. I'll have to take a look and see what can be done.

uLtRADeNniS
11-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Well I've been thinking of a stringer mount set up some how.
It would have to be pushed as far back as possible. Im thinking I could make a aluminum bracket that slips over the stringer and bolt it on just like the rail kit. then weld on a flat surface with a L shape back that the tank can sit on. Then ill drill 4 holes in the back of the bracket and tank and use a rubber grommet to seal the holes and put stainless nuts and bolts to hold the tank. I dont think it would leak.....I hope. Then i can still face the pump forward and wouldn't need to drill more holes in the transom.

BLEWBAYOU1
11-28-2007, 01:15 PM
I have mine mounted on the stringer against the transom and it has never moved in five yrs. Try putting some silicone between the mounting bracket and pump.
Brian

uLtRADeNniS
11-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Cool I'll try that on an Elsinore run soon before fabing something new.
Does your bracket face down or up? Mine faces up..so the pump slips up.

BLEWBAYOU1
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
My bracket face up so the pump slides down, it's a very snug fit.

uLtRADeNniS
11-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Cool, Ill try the silicone and go for a test run in a couple days.

BLEWBAYOU1
11-28-2007, 01:41 PM
A little dab of 3m 5200, it won't go anywhere. Just a dab will do!

Outlaw
11-28-2007, 04:58 PM
3 diferent boats 3 different pumps like those. never
had one fall off, and run them in some pretty rough stuff
check the screws maybe the holes are stripped somewhat

jetovatorjeff
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
mine slides down and never has moved. your upside down:D

UltraKrysta
12-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I have this pump and it keeps coming off the plastic backet that was provided with it in choppy water. Its really a bitch cleaning ATF out of the back of the boat every other weekend. Do any of you guys have this thing mounted with a different bracket? Im gonna make something new for it, I just need some ideas (pics).
Thanks in advance.
http://www.placediverter.com/upload/3-120-hck-control.gif
Must be a bitch cleaning the bilge in your banana hammock.

Outlaw
12-02-2007, 11:19 AM
OUCH:D

squirt'nmyload
12-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Dennis, you baller.
Spending time in the gay bars again Dennis?
Dennis, I guess the rules do not apply to you!
Dennis, buy yourself a real boat and while your at it get a job.
you really have nothing better to do than comment ultradenise??????

uLtRADeNniS
12-02-2007, 12:01 PM
you really have nothing better to do than comment ultradenise??????
Who the **** is this? I have been with her the times of these posts and we were no where near a computer.

rrrr
12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
I have been with her the times of these posts and we were no where near a computer.
She's bitchslapping you with a Blackberry. :D :D

uLtRADeNniS
12-07-2007, 06:43 PM
She's bitchslapping you with a Blackberry. :D :D
Nope sorry dude.