RiverRatMike
11-28-2007, 09:22 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1oGp7fDgbOA

Phat Matt
11-28-2007, 09:26 PM
That is moving.

pw_Tony
11-28-2007, 09:30 PM
It's got the news all in a cluster**** trying to figure out who it is, because it is "unsafe"

catman-do
11-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Now I am jealous. :D <--Smiles from here to here baby! --> :D

LEADFOOTjosh
11-28-2007, 09:42 PM
when i saw this before i opened it.. i was expecting to see a boat.. or a ebay ad claiming a boat does 219mph.. but a lambo goin that fast is just as cool..

MBlaster
11-28-2007, 10:06 PM
.:eek: :D :D

BGMAN203
11-28-2007, 10:14 PM
anyone recognize what road they ran that on??

maxwedge
11-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Shouldn't be very hard to figure out who it is since he's driving a very uncommon and expensive car that now has a top speed of 219 stored in the computer and his buddys face and his voice is in the video. Probably good enough for a conviction on a half dozen charges. That seems pretty smart. But it looks and sounds cool on film anyway.

Phat Matt
11-28-2007, 10:54 PM
anyone recognize what road they ran that on??
Loop 202 I am guessing.

Jordy
11-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Loop 202 I am guessing.
It's the Loop 202 South of the 60 out in the East Valley. There are some pretty long straight aways and some winding turns in there. we were talking about this on Magic34's thread about girls who kick guy's asses, when his sister in law ninja'ed some guy who liked her purse.

callbob4homes
11-29-2007, 05:24 AM
Made the front page of todays paper East Valley Tribune. Popo has already talked to the local lambo dealer yada yada.............:eek:

deltarat
11-29-2007, 06:02 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WSItPtxXk&feature=related
Same guy?

Havasu Hangin'
11-29-2007, 06:15 AM
It's the Loop 202 South of the 60 out in the East Valley. There are some pretty long straight aways and some winding turns in there.
I'm kinda surprised he wasn't on the 101 through Scottsdale...
:notam:
...talking on the cell phone, of course.

AZJD
11-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Thats crazy! It looks to be the 202 as stated already.

AZJD
11-29-2007, 06:17 AM
I'm kinda surprised he wasn't on the 101 through Scottsdale...
:notam:
...talking on the cell phone, of course.
I did that already!:D
Well 165 atleast.....Damn electronic limiters.

Cigalert
11-29-2007, 06:40 AM
There was some dude in a gold/orange marcielago blowin doors around the parking lot of the big A last year a few hours before a game. AZ plates, pushing hard through 4th, driving like a madman and almost hit some kids riding skateboards in the parking lot. He snapped around to the players entrance and dropped off what looked like umpire Doug Eddings.
Based on this video footage, facial comparisons of the driver and my research at the big A the owner of this car is none other than A.J. Piersinki.

SummerBreeze
11-29-2007, 06:41 AM
Death Wish

BadKachina
11-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Death Wish
Yeah, hopefully it's not my family he runs into at 200mph in the middle of the night.:rolleyes:

ahhell
11-29-2007, 06:51 AM
and I get a ticket for 35 in a 25:devil:
cool vid though

AZJD
11-29-2007, 06:53 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WSItPtxXk&feature=related
Same guy?
Looks like the same guy. That parking lot is Firebird Raceway.

Kachina26
11-29-2007, 06:59 AM
More money than brains. You'd think he could afford some track time for that kind of crap. Yeah, it's cool, but why out on the public streets?

justfloatn
11-29-2007, 07:32 AM
when i saw this before i opened it.. i was expecting to see a boat.. or a ebay ad claiming a boat does 219mph.. but a lambo goin that fast is just as cool..
Most have probably seen this. But I like to watch it again every couple of months or so. The turbine whine is cool.:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmJ2cuFTcE

RiverDave
11-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Yeah, hopefully it's not my family he runs into at 200mph in the middle of the night.:rolleyes:
Can't hardly believe the way that guy dodges in and out of traffic like that!! Crazy!!
I gotta wonder why, in the middle of the night, with nobody else around, would anybody (including the police?) care?
RD

Kachina26
11-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Can't hardly believe the way that guy dodges in and out of traffic like that!! Crazy!!
I gotta wonder why, in the middle of the night, with nobody else around, would anybody (including the police?) care?
RD
Oh, I didn't realize it was a closed course.
You mean most likely nobody else around. At least he had a spotter I guess.

Havasu Hangin'
11-29-2007, 07:45 AM
The turbine whine is cool.:D
Those are PSI blowers making the whine...not turbines.

boater72
11-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Most have probably seen this. But I like to watch it again every couple of months or so. The turbine whine is cool.:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmJ2cuFTcE
I have this saved also and watch it every once in awhile.
The guy with the car is a complete loser to do this on the public street.

BadKachina
11-29-2007, 07:55 AM
RD
There aren't many cars around. I only saw a couple on the other side of the freeway. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a ballsy move, bordering on insanity yet cool. At that speed however, if someone does get on the freeway (people do use the freeways at all hours of the day) and changes lanes in front of him he looses control, at that speed there is no turning back. It's not him that I care about, it's the innocent driver, maybe even one on the other side of the freeway after he flies through the cable barrier, that bothers me.
Don't get all excited RD, I really don't give a shit about it. Haul ass........;)

RiverDave
11-29-2007, 07:59 AM
I have this saved also and watch it every once in awhile.
The guy with the car is a complete loser to do this on the public street.
Where could he go to wind out his Lambo?
RD

RiverDave
11-29-2007, 08:03 AM
There aren't many cars around. I only saw a couple on the other side of the freeway. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a ballsy move, bordering on insanity yet cool. At that speed however, if someone does get on the freeway (people do use the freeways at all hours of the day) and changes lanes in front of him he looses control, at that speed there is no turning back. It's not him that I care about, it's the innocent driver, maybe even one on the other side of the freeway after he flies through the cable barrier, that bothers me.
Don't get all excited RD, I really don't give a shit about it. Haul ass........;)
I"m not excited.. LOL In just watching the video, I didn't see so much as one car on the freeway (his side), so the "complete disregard for public safety" angle that everyone is touting just doesn't really make sense to me? He had multiple "spotters" a radio in the car, etc.. etc.. It's not like the guy went out at lunch after a couple of martini's and laid down a 200+ mph pass? Seems like his plan was to run 200+ and if something goes wrong kill him and the camera man.. Why would anyone care if this guy kills himself doing what he loves to do?
Seems what he did is ONE HELL OF ALOT safer then say... A twin engined 100+ mph Cat on Parker / Havasu on any normal / crowded weekend? (did I just say that out loud? :jawdrop: )
RD

maxwedge
11-29-2007, 08:10 AM
RD
Boneville comes to mind. Might actually even get a "real" top speed record...and sombody to save his ass if shit goes wrong.

RiverDave
11-29-2007, 08:15 AM
So now let me pose this question..
Lets say you happen to come across a Lambo for whatever reason..
would ya run it in the middle of the night on an empty freeway? Or would you take it to Bonneville? :D
(Be honest)
RD

justfloatn
11-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Those are PSI blowers making the whine...not turbines.
I thought that video was of the test runs on the turbine power Bicardi Silver Boat:confused:

Havasu Hangin'
11-29-2007, 08:33 AM
I thought that video was of the test runs on the turbine power Bicardi Silver Boat:confused:
No, that was a kilo run from a few years back with the old boat. I believe those were big (1,450HP) Sterlings with PSI blowers.

boater72
11-29-2007, 08:51 AM
RD
Really not that far to do it legal Dave.
Record attempts may be made on State Route #318 but only during the Nevada Open Road Challenge or Silver State Classic Challenge events. It's a 90 mile course so I am pretty sure he could wind out his Lambo.

soupersonic
11-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Where's Fast Freddy when you need him ?:rollside:

catman-do
11-29-2007, 09:05 AM
would ya run it in the middle of the night on an empty freeway? Or would you take it to Bonneville? :D
(Be honest)
RD
I will be honest. I would run the hell out of that thing... and it wouldnt be at Bonneville. But, thats why I dont own a lambo either..

Havasu Hangin'
11-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Where's Fast Freddy when you need him ?:rollside:
Do Lambos have biminis?
:idea:

maxwedge
11-29-2007, 09:10 AM
(Be honest)
RD
When I was 19, hell yeah, I would have chosen the freeway, but back then the fastest vehichle I had access to was a Kawasaki ZX11 and it topped out at about 181, so that was much safer.:D Besides they hadn't even finished building the 215 around Vegas yet so there was no traffic on that part of it.
Now that I'm older and have had the experience of seeing what happens when shit goes wrong during a street race, and knowing what it's like to wonder if the police actually got your plate and are going to come arrest you for fleeing and eluding, and realizing how much I enjoy the privledge of driving, I would never do it now. As for the safety issue, if he lost that thing at 219MPH it's not just in danger of crashing in his lane or the oncoming lane, it's very likely to become airborne and travel possibly serveral thousand feet into god only knows what. I would actually love to go to Boneville. Actually I plan on doing it someday because then it's legit and there are tons of records waiting to be broken. Some kids broke a record on a bicycle last year at like 30MPH:idea: Nobody over the age of 21 really cares how fast you went on the street, and mostly they just think you're an idiot for trying...and besides there isn't a freeway around here I could go 219MPH on if I wanted to anyway.:D

Magic34
11-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Seems what he did is ONE HELL OF ALOT safer then say... A twin engined 100+ mph Cat on Parker / Havasu on any normal / crowded weekend? (did I just say that out loud? :jawdrop: )
RD
Or a 37 MPH night cruise with radar on Havasu. :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
11-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Or a 37 MPH night cruise with radar on Havasu. :D :D
Will a Formula actually do 37MPH? :idea:

Magic34
11-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Will a Formula actually do 37MPH? :idea:
You tell me, it only weighs 50 pounds more than your Cig. :D

soupersonic
11-29-2007, 09:39 AM
I heard that all the way over here :eek: :D

KACHINA KEN
11-29-2007, 10:09 AM
bwaahahahahahah

GHT
11-29-2007, 10:16 AM
My Camaro does 160....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
All kidding aside that was F'ing Fast!!!!

GHT
11-29-2007, 10:17 AM
bwaahahahahahah
Hey Kenny! Hows it going?
D&L

KACHINA KEN
11-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey Kenny! Hows it going?
D&L
Good, you?

Big Kahunaa
11-29-2007, 11:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr2ZtxVwB2M
he is safer than these ass clowns

Tremor Therapy
11-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Did you catch that jackass on the hayabusa in traffic? What an ass!

catman-do
11-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Did you catch that jackass on the hayabusa in traffic? What an ass!
He is called Ghostrider. If you are talking about the same clip he goes through stockholm sweeden in something like 12 minutes. That guy is known for doing crazy stunts on his bike.

Cole Trickle
11-29-2007, 01:20 PM
RD
That is a edited version.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/27/idiot-drives-lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-219-mph-on-public-road/
Here is the full video. You can clearly see that he passes a car at about 190-200 at the start of the first 217 mph pass. Granted the car is a couple lanes over but who knows what could happen.
No to mention there isn't a concrete barrier on the planet that would keep a 200+ mph lambo from smashing/jumping the freeway center divider onto on coming traffic if something bad happend.
I have driven cars at high rates of speed so I will reserve judgment.....but there is a huge difference between 150 mph and 220 if things go bad (your dead either way)

STV_Keith
11-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Read this on a local car board:
"Guy is under investigation for criminal charges now.
He is the owner of FTVGirls.com. They also found the guy in the white saleen who I suspected I knew... same guy - they are both SOL..
Story made local news in AZ last night..."

soupersonic
11-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Having him video tape himself breaking the law must be a prosecutors wet dream. DEE DE DEEEE. Smart enough to make enough chingas to buy a Lambo, but probably not smart enough to keep either one. :rolleyes:

justfloatn
11-29-2007, 02:09 PM
I have driven cars at high rates of speed so I will reserve judgment.....but there is a huge difference between 150 mph and 220 if things go bad (your dead either way)
Exactly..Not to mention on pubic roads. I kept waiting for that thing to get airborn on one of the overcrossings. I don't know about AZ roads but no way on CA roads. The car would loose contact and slide right off.
Plus did you notice the wind noise at 200mph, WOW!, sounded like a boat at around 100mph.

RiverRatMike
11-29-2007, 05:28 PM
love that lambo video though, watched it like 10 times already I think :)

squirt'nmyload
11-29-2007, 05:55 PM
we changed the windshield in this guys car a couple of months ago :jawdrop:

core attitude
11-29-2007, 06:31 PM
This is from the News 5 Site. (http://www.kpho.com/news/14724764/detail.html#)
Lamborghini Hits 219 MPH On YouTube Video
Criminal Investigation Under Way
POSTED: 6:57 am MST November 29, 2007
UPDATED: 10:42 am MST November 29, 2007
[NEWSVINE: Lamborghini Hits 219 MPH On YouTube Video] [DELICIOUS: Lamborghini Hits 219 MPH On YouTube Video] [DIGG: Lamborghini Hits 219 MPH On YouTube Video] [FACEBOOK: Lamborghini Hits 219 MPH On YouTube Video] [REDDIT: Lamborghini Hits 219 MPH On YouTube Video] [RSS] [PRINT: Lamborghini Hits 219 MPH On YouTube Video] [EMAIL: Lamborghini Hits 219 MPH On YouTube Video]
PHOENIX -- Arizona officials are investigating after a Lamborghini Murcielago was seen on YouTube allegedly going 219 mph on the Red Mountain Freeway in east Mesa.
YouTube Shows Lamborghini At 219 MPH
The car is owned by a former Phoenix dentist, KPHO-TV in Phoenix reported.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials called the incident an "extreme violation of the posted speed 65 mph speed limit."
The video, which has been yanked from the Web site, showed the vehicle attempting to break the car's previous top speed of 171 mph on a freeway traveled by hundreds of thousands of motorists every day.
"To do it in the middle of the city at 220 mile an hour -- that's crazy, in my opinion," said Brian Kern, a Phoenix resident.
The driver's face is never seen in the video, but he describes how he could have gone faster if there hadn't been other cars in the way.
"I travel this very stretch of freeway daily, and many times late at night just at the times this clown is racing, and what if it was me that he didn't see?" asked a KPHO-TV viewer by e-mail. "I don't really want to die."
Near the end of the clip, the man challenges someone to top his record, a statement that produced chills for one Phoenix motorist.
"I take my son to day care, and we have to drive over that way," said Kimberly Green.
Attempts to track down the Lamborghini owner at his Phoenix mountain home were unsuccessful. E-mails and phone calls went unanswered.
One person associated with the video, an Arizona State University student named Aaron who didn't give his last name, also refused to talk about the video.
After the student was told that the incident was under investigation, the video disappeared from YouTube, the television station reported.

RiverRatMike
11-29-2007, 09:35 PM
This is from the News 5 Site. (http://www.kpho.com/news/14724764/detail.html#)
that video is still on utube and hasn't been yanked as stated in that news report. I have it saved on my computer now. :)