PDA

View Full Version : The Excursion was broken into

78Southwind
11-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Well I havenÂ’t even had the Excursion for a month or even put over 100 miles on it and it was broken into last night.:mad: The thieves punched out both door locks and took the head unit/DVD player. This unit is not very common so if you see it for sell somewhere please let me know. ItÂ’s the Kenwood Excelon KVT-910DVD. The thieves hit two of my neighbors as well so much for Chino Hills being the 16th safest city to live in within the country.
This is the KVT-911DVD but it is very similar
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Kenwood_KVT_910DVD.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2000_Excursion_Dash.jpg

riverbound
11-29-2007, 12:02 AM
That sucks...that was my old head unit :( I still have the 5.1 processor and center channel in my garage. If its any consolation I have the factory radio and CD changer that came out of that thing also in my garage. ;)

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 12:06 AM
That sucks...that was my old head unit :( I still have the 5.1 processor and center channel in my garage. If its any consolation I have the factory radio and CD changer that came out of that thing also in my garage. ;)
Really....that would be nice...I would appreciated it. I don't know what my insurance company is going to do.

Outnumbered
11-29-2007, 12:07 AM
The night I moved into my new home in Chino Hills (Grand and CH Pkwy) in 1993 there were people inside jacking the appliances:D:eek: Three years later they tried to break in while we were asleep. I bought my first gun that year and put the house up for sale and moved to Arrowhead.
No place is 100% safe, don't let your guard down. Sorry to hear about that episode. They broke into my truck last Christmas here in AZ. It is common this time of the year. I don't upgrade my stereo anymore so I have less to worry about.

riverbound
11-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Really....that would be nice...I would appreciated it. I don't know what my insurance company is going to do.
do you ever make it to HB? I have all the stuff that came out of it when we put the Kenwood Deck in (good thing I never threw it away). The guys at Al&Eds in Ontario did the install and could put it back to stock very easily for you. and integrate the rear video into it again like it was. I think I have the FM modulators too. Dont really want to mess with shipping it.
I do have a "friend" who lives in Chino Hills. maybe I can get the stuff out that way if I go to see her.

riverbound
11-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Really.. I don't know what my insurance company is going to do.
unless you did an add on to the policy for the stuff, they will most likley do nothing. It sucks but I have always added the stereo/video systems I had in he past to the car in case it got broken into. I had some pretty elaborate ($30k+) systems back in the day (when I was cool) ;)

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 12:15 AM
The crazy thing about it is that I tried to get the Excursion to fit into the garage a couple weeks ago but it was just a few inches too long to fit with my boat in there. I was just talking about cutting out the poll that protects my water heater from getting hit so that I could free up a couple more inches so it would fit in the garage.

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 12:18 AM
do you ever make it to HB? I have all the stuff that came out of it when we put the Kenwood Deck in (good thing I never threw it away). The guys at Al&Eds in Ontario did the install and could put it back to stock very easily for you. and integrate the rear video into it again like it was. I think I have the FM modulators too. Dont really want to mess with shipping it.
I do have a "friend" who lives in Chino Hills. maybe I can get the stuff out that way if I go to see her.
Yeah I make it down there once in a while. Maybe I could come down next week or this weekend. Let me know what is good for you. So were you the first owner of the Excursion?

riverbound
11-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Yeah I make it down there once in a while. Maybe I could come down next week or this weekend. Let me know what is good for you. So were you the first owner of the Excursion?
Nope.

riverbound
11-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Let me know and if Im not home I can leave the stuff on my porch in a box and you can pick it up.

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 12:29 AM
The night I moved into my new home in Chino Hills (Grand and CH Pkwy) in 1993 there were people inside jacking the appliances:D:eek: Three years later they tried to break in while we were asleep. I bought my first gun that year and put the house up for sale and moved to Arrowhead.
No place is 100% safe, don't let your guard down. Sorry to hear about that episode. They broke into my truck last Christmas here in AZ. It is common this time of the year. I don't upgrade my stereo anymore so I have less to worry about.
Yep same thing happened when my house was being built. The builder got hit pretty hard.

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Let me know and if Im not home I can leave the stuff on my porch in a box and you can pick it up.
Thanks
PM me your cell number and I will call you this weekend and try to set something up with you.

riverbound
11-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks
PM me your cell number and I will call you this weekend and try to set something up with you.
PM sent!
It will be good to get more junk out of my garage :D

RitcheyRch
11-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Wish we could make it open hunting season on thieves. Sorry to hear your SUV was broken into.

brianthomas
11-29-2007, 06:05 AM
I only visit Cali but where I live I never even bother to lock the truck. I don't think I even know where the keys are to the house. What a different world out there. Is it likely the drug users or just kids?

Schiada76
11-29-2007, 06:39 AM
I only visit Cali but where I live I never even bother to lock the truck. I don't think I even know where the keys are to the house. What a different world out there. Is it likely the drug users or just kids?
100% odds it was Hose A and Hose B.:mad:

riverbound
11-29-2007, 08:59 AM
100% odds it was Hose A and Hose B.:mad:
Most likley some stupid kids who cant afford one for their car. Problem is without all the "brains" to the unit. the deck is worthless.

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Most likley some stupid kids who cant afford one for their car. Problem is without all the "brains" to the unit. the deck is worthless.
Bill do you know if Kenwood still sells a head unit/DVD that is compatible with the Kenwood 5.1 brains? I talk to the tech at Premier and they said that Kenwood does not make a head unit that is compatible any more. I am going to check the Kenwood website.

WYRD
11-29-2007, 10:15 AM
That Sucks Mine was stolen from my truck TWICE:mad: Pretty sure the peeps that installed it had something to do with it (they had an alarm remote) The first time was at my house they got the brain and all, my ins took care of it (I did not have the added ins) but my agent wrote it up as a premium factory stereo and the list price on that almost covered a new unit. I had the same shop install the replacement one only I went in after and put tamper proof screws in and bolted the brain to the seat from the inside of the unit. The second time was about two weeks later at my work (while we were inside in broad daylight) they only got the head unit, I didnt even tell my ins the second time (didnt want my policy to go up) they tried to get the brain but couldnt because of the added bolts. Needless to say, no more fancy stereo equip for me, back to the basics:(
Thieves Suck ASS:mad: :mad:

WYRD
11-29-2007, 10:18 AM
another word of advice is whenever you take your car to someone who is going to work on it out of your sight (ie car wash, grease monkey, stereo install, tire change, ect.) remove your regestration and take your house key. It only takes a min to put the key in a wax mold and get your address...:idea:

Old Texan
11-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Ain't got that problem as much around here in Tejas. They all heard Joe Horn was in the neighborhood.....Bang-Bang :devil:

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't have keys to my house either. It's all about where you live.
ThatÂ’s exactly what I use to think.

SOCALDETAIL1
11-29-2007, 01:00 PM
ThatÂ’s exactly what I use to think.
Check Ebay to see if they try to sell it on there.

Wet Dream
11-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Did you get one of the last Excursions made? I don't see it on their 2008 line up, so I'm assuming they dropped that line.

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Did you get one of the last Excursions made? I don't see it on their 2008 line up, so I'm assuming they dropped that line.
No, I purchased it used it's a 2000. But I bought it primarily for river trips so I have only put about 65 miles on it myself.

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Check Ebay to see if they try to sell it on there.
Yeah, I have an automatic search on ebay for that model. At this point it's a loss but I would love to see the cops catch these thieves. I was once mugged and I did everything possible to make sure he saw jail time.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-29-2007, 06:52 PM
That stinks. I'll never understand why people think it's okay to take something that someone else worked for.

72Hallett
11-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Sorry Jerry. When the same thing happened to me I was furious. Not even so much about the stuff, I just wanted to get the F'ers.

Rocky
11-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Funny how I had the same exact unit stolen out of my truck (same as yours). Im just glad they didnt tare up my dash and other wiring. These head units are worthless without the brain unit that is mounted elseware in the truck. I bid on some used ones on e-bay and finally won one for about $200 with a brain that i didnt need. Keep checking Craigslist and E-Bay for your stereo. I still do after 5 months.

Havasu1986
11-29-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't have keys to my house either. It's all about where you live.
Thats because everybody uses their garage door openers and goes inside and hardly ever talks to there neighbors anymore. ;)

SOCALDETAIL1
11-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I have an automatic search on ebay for that model. At this point it's a loss but I would love to see the cops catch these thieves. I was once mugged and I did everything possible to make sure he saw jail time.
Yea I had my truck stolen last March, They found it 2 weeks later with the dvd/stereo system gone. Most insurances will give you $1000 for STOCK replacement. That should get you something decent. Funny they popped my locks too.

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Yea I had my truck stolen last March, They found it 2 weeks later with the dvd/stereo system gone. Most insurances will give you $1000 for STOCK replacement. That should get you something decent. Funny they popped my locks too.
The thieves popped the driver side door first but the lock was blocking their access to unlock the door so they went to the passenger side and they were able to gain access through that door.
Funny thing Â….I was at the Ford dealer today and noticed on the new trucks that they would have never been able to open the door because there is only one lock and it's on the driver side.

78Southwind
11-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Sorry Jerry. When the same thing happened to me I was furious. Not even so much about the stuff, I just wanted to get the F'ers.
Yep, I know what youÂ’re talking about I made sure the cops dusted my vehicle just so I could get the satisfaction of knowing that I tried to get some evidence. They pulled something off of the passenger door but with my luck itÂ’s probably my own figure prints.