PDA

View Full Version : College football needs a playoff system!

Tremor Therapy
11-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Has it ever been more apparent than right now? There are convincing arguments all the way up and down for all of the teams in the top 10, and the sad part is that the two "best" teams are probably not going to be playing for the national title. I am not a honk for any particular team, but who did West Virginia or Kansas beat? Ohio State, you know the Illinois game had playoff implications, and you blew it, AT HOME! Besides, I don't want to hear about how you played in the Big Ten....the door mat for the Pac-10 this year, and I really don't want to see what a pro-style offense would do to you in a big bowl again. LSU, USC, Oregon you all had your chances, and you all lost to nobody somewhere along the line. Now I know that Oregon and USC had some bad injuries to starters along the way, but that is why there are hankies. Missouri, you have to play Oklahoma again, the team that already has beaten you. Virginia Tech and Florida...please, although Florida could probably put the same beat down on Ohio State. Georgia, you couldn't even win your conference, but you are probably the 2nd best team right now.
If I had to pick, it would probably be Georgia and Missouri, provided they beat Oklahoma. If Missouri looses, then all bets are off, and once again, all the BCS is doing is reaching into a bag, and blindly choosing 2 teams to play for the glass trophy. How do the rest of you see it?
P.S., I have thought we have needed a playoff system for the last 15 years.

ZBODaytona
11-29-2007, 08:21 AM
I agree there should be a playoff. Gotta earn the national title i think, and what better way then a playoff...if the pros can play almost twice as many games and still have playoff the college guys can too. besides think of the time it would add to the season and the amount of money playoff would bring to the schools... besides i like college better than pro..

Havasu_Dreamin
11-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Until they have a playoff it is nothing more than the Mock National Championship...

socalmofo
11-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Until they have a playoff it is nothing more than the Mock National Championship...
Exactly....They won't figure it out for years! National Championship in College Football is a JOKE! It is rarely the best team!

mbrown2
11-29-2007, 08:53 AM
College Football playoff has as much chance as cheaper gas....not gonna happen even though the economics are there to support it..:)

eliminatedsprinter
11-29-2007, 10:43 AM
It's a shame there is no D1A NCAA football title and no final NCAA rankings, like there is in all other divisions of football and all other NCAA sports. The conference titles are real, but after that, it is all just for fun....Fortunatly it is still more fun than watching the NFL....:)