PDA

View Full Version : Cable pull bracket

Widetrack
11-29-2007, 08:27 AM
I know most jets run Holley carbs! Well I am running a Q-jet on a stock motor until new motor is built. And I wanted to know if some company builds a bracket for a pulling cable in sted of a pushing cable?

cyclone
11-29-2007, 08:32 AM
I know most jets run Holley carbs! Well I am running a Q-jet on a stock motor until new motor is built. And I wanted to know if some company builds a bracket for a pulling cable in sted of a pushing cable?
Bolt the carb on backwards-problem solved. then again is your intake manifold a spread bore design? that wont work too well.

Widetrack
11-29-2007, 08:42 AM
LOL! I thought of that too! I can build one but just thought if someone builds one I would just buy one!:D :idea:

Devilman
11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Why couldn't you just flip the bracket around backwards? When the 460 was in my truck I had an Edelbrock 750 on it, which is opposite of the Holley I had on the 429 in my boat. I debated just leaving the Edelbrock on there & flipping the bracket over, but didn't have enough throttle cable length to loop around to make it work. That & I didn't want to have to rig up another fuel line, as the Holley was a dual feed & the Edelbrock was not....:)

Widetrack
11-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Why couldn't you just flip the bracket around backwards? When the 460 was in my truck I had an Edelbrock 750 on it, which is opposite of the Holley I had on the 429 in my boat. I debated just leaving the Edelbrock on there & flipping the bracket over, but didn't have enough throttle cable length to loop around to make it work. That & I didn't want to have to rig up another fuel line, as the Holley was a dual feed & the Edelbrock was not....:)
I have the same problem with length from the carb to the bracket when I flip it to the back of the intake! I could just remove the intake and carb and replace with new but, didn't want to spend the duckins on this motor!:idea:

Moneypitt
11-29-2007, 02:10 PM
What?.....Both carbs pull/push the same. If the cable is from the front, it pushes........Most foot pedals push......Why are you trying to pull?.......MP

BrendellaJet
11-29-2007, 06:38 PM
What?.....Both carbs pull/push the same. If the cable is from the front, it pushes........Most foot pedals push......Why are you trying to pull?.......MP
Maybe he has a pull foot pedal? They do exist...

Widetrack
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Pedal pulls and is not reversible! So longer cable and homade bracket!:idea:

Widetrack
11-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Maybe he has a pull foot pedal? They do exist...
Yes and this thing is big and bright! I will just fab. one out! Thanks :)

TJS
11-30-2007, 09:43 AM
My throttle cable was too long to attach the normal way. So I flipped the Dana marine cable bracket and cable clevis over and ran the cable from the back. I also made a bracket for the return spring (second pic). Just might give you an idea.
T.J.
http://www.tjsperformance.com/images/nordic94.jpg
http://www.tjsperformance.com/images/nordic96.JPG