View Full Version : Rodney King shot...

Havasu_Dreamin
11-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:
Reprinted without the permission of ABCENews.com
Rodney King Wounded in Southern California Shooting
Shooting May Have Involved Domestic Dispute
Nov. 29, 2007—
Rodney King, whose 1991 beating by Los Angeles police led to deadly rioting the next year, was shot on a street corner but his wounds were not believed to be life-threatening, police said Thursday.
King, 42, was hit in the face, arms, back and torso by birdshot fired from a shotgun. He was shot "possibly two or three times from a distance," then bicycled about 1½ miles back to his home in neighboring Rialto and called local police shortly after 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, Rialto police Sgt. Craig Crispin told The Associated Press.
King and others at the home appeared to be drunk and few cooperated with officers by providing information, Rialto police Sgt. Don Lewis told The (Riverside) Press-Enterprise.
King was taken to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton. His condition Thursday was not immediately known.
Other details of the shooting were sketchy.
"Early indications are that it very possibly could have been a domestic dispute," San Bernardino police Lt. Scott Paterson told The Sun newspaper.
King, who is black, was videotaped being beaten by white Los Angeles police officers after he was stopped for speeding in 1991.
Four officers were acquitted of most criminal charges in 1992, triggering rioting in Los Angeles and neighboring cities that left 55 people dead and caused $1 billion in property damage.
King sued the city over the beating and obtained a $3.8 million settlement.
However, he continued to have run-ins with the law. In 2004, he was ordered to spend 120 days in jail and ordered into treatment after pleading guilty to driving under the influence of the drug PCP after he lost control of his SUV in 2003 and slammed into a power pole in Rialto.
Rialto and San Bernardino are about 55 miles east of Los Angeles.

Kachina26
11-29-2007, 12:55 PM
King, 42, was hit in the face, arms, back and torso by birdshot fired from a shotgun.
Is Cheney in Ca this week?

topless
11-29-2007, 12:56 PM
I was just getting ready to post this...............really I was.:jawdrop:

topless
11-29-2007, 12:56 PM
http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo_StoryLevel/071129/071129_rodneyking_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

Kachina26
11-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I was just getting ready to post this...............really I was.:jawdrop:
Go ahead, we'll make it like an Aaron Spelling is dead thing.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-29-2007, 01:00 PM
he is one of the biggest pieces of shiat that walks this earth. I fricken hate this dude. He is a system player and is not worth the ground I walk on. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
now do you really want to here what I really think of him.:idea: :D

Old Texan
11-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Is Cheney in Ca this week?
I here Joe Horn is hiding out from the Press in LA, but it couldn't have been Joe 'cause Rodney rode away.....:devil:

HocusPocus
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-29-2007, 01:16 PM
I think Reginald Denney should have got the king settlement. He didn't get shiat for his injuries which were 10 times worse then ol Mr. Piece of shiat King.

AZJD
11-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Rodney King Wounded in Southern California Shooting
Shooting May Have Involved Domestic Dispute
Nov. 29, 2007—
Rodney King, whose 1991 beating by Los Angeles police led to deadly rioting the next year, was shot on a street corner but his wounds were not believed to be life-threatening, police said Thursday.
King, 42, was hit in the face, arms, back and torso by birdshot fired from a shotgun. He was shot "possibly two or three times from a distance," then bicycled about 1½ miles back to his home in neighboring Rialto and called local police shortly after 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, Rialto police Sgt. Craig Crispin told The Associated Press.
King and others at the home appeared to be drunk and few cooperated with officers by providing information, Rialto police Sgt. Don Lewis told The (Riverside) Press-Enterprise.
King was taken to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton. His condition Thursday was not immediately known.
Other details of the shooting were sketchy.
"Early indications are that it very possibly could have been a domestic dispute," San Bernardino police Lt. Scott Paterson told The Sun newspaper.
King, who is black, was videotaped being beaten by white Los Angeles police officers after he was stopped for speeding in 1991.
Four officers were acquitted of most criminal charges in 1992, triggering rioting in Los Angeles and neighboring cities that left 55 people dead and caused $1 billion in property damage.
King sued the city over the beating and obtained a $3.8 million settlement.
However, he continued to have run-ins with the law. In 2004, he was ordered to spend 120 days in jail and ordered into treatment after pleading guilty to driving under the influence of the drug PCP after he lost control of his SUV in 2003 and slammed into a power pole in Rialto.
Rialto and San Bernardino are about 55 miles east of Los Angeles.
Just a couple of things I found interesting.............:idea:

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-29-2007, 01:18 PM
and probably used most of it for bail.. :rolleyes:

acatitude
11-29-2007, 01:19 PM
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
what he said:D

Kachina26
11-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I know you're not from around So Cal, so I'll help you out. You can put Rialto in bold type as well. Ranks right up there with riding a bicycle home after being a multimillionaire.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I know you're not from around So Cal, so I'll help you out. You can put Rialto in bold type as well. Ranks right up there with riding a bicycle home after being a multimillionaire.
:D :D :D

ratso
11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
he is one of the biggest pieces of shiat that walks this earth. I fricken hate this dude. He is a system player and is not worth the ground I walk on. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
What do you really think of him?:D

Havasu_Dreamin
11-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Seriously! WhoTF gets $3.8 million, without the help of Larry H. Parker BTW :) , and does not have enough left over to avoid 1. living in Rialto and 2. having to ride your phucking bike home after being shot!?!?!?!? This POS is wasting my oxygen!

Outnumbered
11-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Seriously! WhoTF gets $3.8 million, without the help of Larry H. Parker BTW :) , and does not have enough left over to avoid 1. living in Rialto and 2. having to ride your phucking bike home after being shot!?!?!?!? This POS is wasting my oxygen!
You beat me to it. My thoughts exactly.

Devilman
11-29-2007, 01:34 PM
I here Joe Horn is hiding out from the Press in LA, but it couldn't have been Joe 'cause Rodney rode away.....:devil:
LOL, nice one..... :crossx: :D

VAMI
11-29-2007, 01:38 PM
you can take the N out of the jungle, but cant take the jungle out of a N.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-29-2007, 01:40 PM
where's that crocadile when you need them. To bad there isn't any in Rialto :D

That Guy
11-29-2007, 01:43 PM
That's not going to win you many friends.....:jawdrop: :confused: :mad:

topless
11-29-2007, 01:44 PM
you can take the N out of the jungle, but cant take the jungle out of a N.As much as I think this guy is a POS, I think your comment ranks right up there with him.

WaterJunky
11-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Not the coolest thing to say:rolleyes:

Moneypitt
11-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Well this thread just found Later's boat.......Check please!!............MP

Kachina26
11-29-2007, 01:57 PM
As much as I think this guy is a POS, I think your comment ranks right up there with him.
Take it easy on him, he's from down south. Ya know he weren't taught no better.

justfloatn
11-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Actually I think it's perfect when stupid people get millions. I goes right back into the economy as quick as possible. You know all the local jewelry dealers and liquor stores made out big time:D :D How may 40's can you buy with $3.8 million :idea: :D

LEADFOOTjosh
11-29-2007, 02:09 PM
this guy.. just wont die.. he should play the lotto

RitcheyRch
11-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Are any of actually surprised?

Strippoker
11-29-2007, 02:12 PM
this is the best news I have heard all day. I got new jogging shoes let the riots begin i need to go christmas shoping. :D
you know brother Al will be on the next flight out to stir up the pot.

USCFAN
11-29-2007, 02:20 PM
What a stupid racist remark to make.

Schiada76
11-29-2007, 02:30 PM
I didn't know he was black?:idea:

Goad
11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
3.8 million settlement and hes in rialto?
$20 says he doesnt have a dime of that left.

Jetdriver
11-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Mother ****er who shot him should have spent more time at the range getting use to his peace!

OKIE-JET
11-29-2007, 04:08 PM
You MUST be fockin stupid.

RiverDave
11-29-2007, 04:19 PM
I can't hardly believe how PC ***boat has gotten nowdayz.. LOL
The "N" word is damn near every other word out of a black persons mouth, but some guy says it on here and he's the dumbass?
Now if you were going to define the word "nigger" as black ghetto peace of shit... Much like the black version of say "white trailer trash"
Then you can honestly tell me that this guy doesn't fit the bill?
RD

Goad
11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
The "N" word is damn near every other word out of a black persons mouth, but some guy says it on here and he's the dumbass?
Now if you were going to define the word "nigger" as black ghetto peace of shit... Much like the black version of say "white trailer trash"
RD
AMEN....and its not like we are talking about some angel of the black community here either...this is fukkin rodney king. :mad: :rolleyes:

WaterJunky
11-29-2007, 04:31 PM
RD
This still goes to show the quality of the people using the term. In my opinon, the color of the user is irrelivent. When I see black people calling each other that, I view them the same as a white person using the term.
Pity and ignorance, I guess you have to partly blame the parents for not teaching them any better.

Wavemaker
11-29-2007, 04:35 PM
"Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King (asked during a 1992 press conference called to stop the riots).

YeLLowBoaT
11-29-2007, 04:39 PM
I guess the 1st ass beating he got did not teach him anything, time for another :)
The guy really is scum. he has been arrested how many times since he got his ass kicked?

WaterJunky
11-29-2007, 04:42 PM
I guess the 1st ass beating he got did not teach him anything, time for another :)
The guy really is scum. he has been arrested how many times since he got his ass kicked?
Just so we are all on teh same page with my statement above, I strongly agree with this one also. Some people (regardless of color) are just trash.

Bullmoose
11-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey Back Off! I know RK he's cool-:D just had some bad breaks:DI I think he had a jet boat once

thatguy
11-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Is it summer yet? :confused:
Tommy

Bullmoose
11-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Can you hunt Moose in Rialto w/ a shotgun?

3 daytona`s
11-29-2007, 07:06 PM
After all the millions he won for ? he has been in trouble often,now he has to ride a bike? I assume snorted it away:idea:

thatguy
11-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Can you hunt Moose in Rialto w/ a shotgun?
> Hunting moose in Rialto< Open season from 1/1- 12/31. Areas 7,9,12. As defined by Game marker 100 feet withen city limits.
No discharging of weapon within 24 hours of driving or flying. Harvested moose must have minimum of 3 priors , with at least 1 felony conviction. Must have blown at least 3 Million dollars of free money AND sustained ass wipping from LEO. Said ass whipping must be validated by video tape. Harvesting, and attempted harvesting may only be accomplished with small gauge weapon firing ONLY birdshot. Chosen target MUST not be on foot or in any type of motorized vehicle. Bicycle, rollerblades, or skateboard mounted game are only acceptable targets.
Limit: 1 harvest AND one harvest attempt per season, as defined by the calender year. Any wounded species MUST be reported to local ganglord and media MUST be alerted immediatly.
Hope this helps.
Tommy
(Sorry, been at work for about 36 hours and need a nap, goping to bed now)

3 daytona`s
11-29-2007, 07:26 PM
This still goes to show the quality of the people using the term. In my opinon, the color of the user is irrelivent. When I see black people calling each other that, I view them the same as a white person using the term.
Pity and ignorance, I guess you have to partly blame the parents for not teaching them any better.
When it goes the other way? Numerous name calling of other nationalities?,by well best not use any terms here this evening.:idea: I feel a one Way street the past few years.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-29-2007, 07:28 PM
After all the millions he won for ? he has been in trouble often,now he has to ride a bike? I assume snorted it away:idea:
Yep.. and the guy Reginald Denney didn't get shiat.. His injuries were 10 times worse then that piece of shiat..

Mattman
11-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't know why everybody is so down on Rodney. He's the reason I was able to pay for my first boat with overtime money after the riots!

Bullmoose
11-29-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't care if he's purple he's a POS I don't really know him :D he'd probably buy a jet boat though

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-29-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't care if he's purple he's a POS I don't really know him :D he'd probably buy a jet boat though
LOL!! I think he needs to get a row boat with some cement shoes.:D :D

Baja Big Dog
11-29-2007, 07:33 PM
So its safe to assume that he didnt die from the gun shot????
I had to come here, I didnt know who to AX!!!

thatguy
11-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Um, thats twice you made a jet boat remark. There is a board on here called "just jets". You can go there and insult them and you may get some bites.
Tommy
PS- No offense taken here.... I own both.

Bullmoose
11-29-2007, 07:43 PM
that guy how long you been runnin around Shasta?

thatguy
11-29-2007, 07:49 PM
that guy how long you been runnin around Shasta?
Lived there for 6 years or so. Ran around in a Glastron till 2 years ago. Then got a Miller jet and just got an eliminator V-drive this summer.
You live there?
Here is my miller.
Tommy
http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/Boats/?action=view&current=millerinRiver.flv

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-29-2007, 07:53 PM
I agree 100%. Anyone who uses that word is ignorant in my opinion, and just letting everyone know it. I have had black kids in class try to call each other that and I go off. It's only happened a couple of times. I'm a very calm person and when I get ticked off, they usually take notice.
"Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King (asked during a 1992 press conference called to stop the riots).
I hate that people keep quoting this POS. He doesn't deserve people to keep remembering who he is or much less have them quote him. Aren't his 15 minutes of fame over yet? :rolleyes: Everytime there's a conflict, someone quotes this scumbag.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Not many people are worth the ground YOU walk on :D

3 daytona`s
11-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Yep.. and the guy Reginald Denney didn't get shiat.. His injuries were 10 times worse then that piece of shiat..
The video of Reginald,getting pulled from the truck and that piece of shit throwing a brick into his head and celebrating:( That did wonders for race relations/opinions all across the country. I know it only goes one way:confused:

Bullmoose
11-29-2007, 08:01 PM
NiceBoat! I live in Reno- run on Tahoe That boat sounds healthy When I was a kid we had good times on Shasta Long time ago thought by chance maybe we had some common friends I'll cut out the Jet boat crap I know Rodney King had a sit down PWC he couldn't handle

OKIE-JET
11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
The video of Reginald,getting pulled from the truck and that piece of shit throwing a brick into his head and celebrating:( That did wonders for race relations/opinions all across the country. I know it only goes one way:confused:
Does it or should I say did it surprise you that they act or should I say acted this way? Kinda funny (not) how you never hear of this from the so-called leaders of the "minority" community.:mad:

sdpm
11-29-2007, 08:25 PM
He will probably sue the city for not protecting him while riding his bike in public. Where the hel$ is the ACLU when you need them! East LA is gonna burn tonight!:jawdrop:

3 daytona`s
11-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Does it or should I say did it surprise you that they act or should I say acted this way? Kinda funny (not) how you never hear of this from the so-called leaders of the "minority" community.:mad:
Of the sacred Reverend Jessie Jackson and Reverend Don King? Oops wrong Reverend:idea: :rolleyes:

VAMI
11-29-2007, 08:34 PM
That got some replies.I can also say that for white people too,theres trash in every race.I met some very respectable black people and have no problems being friends and would never think that of them but R King,he gets that much money and what did he do for the getto he lived in or youth foundation or anything to help the comunity he grew up in?I bet he didnt help anybody but himself and then still cant get his act together so whats that say about him,not much for me.Maybe you guys who live out there know more about any contributions?Ya I am from the south buts its Florida this isnt Alabama and I dont hang nooses from trees.But for the guys who jumped at me for saying that, I bet you dont plan on moving to the getto or would like a bunch of R Kings moving next door to ya.:idea:

OKIE-JET
11-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Of the sacred Reverend Jessie Jackson and Reverend Don King? Oops wrong Reverend:idea: :rolleyes:
All of the above....those revs are trash.
That got some replies.I can also say that for white people too,theres trash in every race.I met some very respectable black people and have no problems being friends and would never think that of them but R King,he gets that much money and what did he do for the getto he lived in or youth foundation or anything to help the comunity he grew up in?I bet he didnt help anybody but himself and then still cant get his act together so whats that say about him,not much for me.Maybe you guys who live out there know more about any contributions?Ya I am from the south buts its Florida this isnt Alabama and I dont hang nooses from trees.But for the guys who jumped at me for saying that, I bet you dont plan on moving to the getto or would like a bunch of R Kings moving next door to ya.:idea:
Yeah, it got some replies, and mine was for sayin it on HB. I got bused to the ghetto as a kid, just so our schooling had equal opportunities and all:rolleyes: , so I have some less than savory ideas floating around about it all, but thats not to say more than one black family has broken bread at my dinner table.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
I work in the ghetto, does that count? :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey, isn't there an Elvis song about the ghetto? He's got a b-day coming up soon :idea:

OKIE-JET
11-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Hey, isn't there an Elvis song about the ghetto? He's got a b-day coming up soon :idea:
Are you still keepin up with Elvis b-days?.......you cant be serious.:D

Kachina26
11-30-2007, 01:12 AM
I work in the ghetto, does that count? :D
No, our white spokesman was very specific about the "getto", and the "comunity" that lives there. You can teach a southerner to read, but damned if you can get one to spell. (or not breed within the family for that matter)

thatguy
11-30-2007, 03:10 AM
No, our white spokesman was very specific about the "getto", and the "comunity" that lives there. You can teach a southerner to read, but damned if you can get one to spell. (or not breed within the family for that matter)
I'm from Biloxi. I can read AND spell. I just can't make any sense!:D :eek: :D
My sister is ugly, so maybe that helped Me stay away from the inter-breeding deal.:eek: :D
Tommy

WestTNRiverRat
11-30-2007, 04:24 AM
But for the guys who jumped at me for saying that, I bet you dont plan on moving to the getto or would like a bunch of R Kings moving next door to ya.:idea:
Or wouldn't shit a brick when your teenage daughter brings home a ghetto thug sporting a grill and wearing his pants down to his knees that she met at the mall.
Nice meeting you DerWayne, you can take my daughter out any time. LMAO
DerWayne can you spell ghetto? How about community? Well thats OK a least you ain't a redneck. :D :D

H2O
11-30-2007, 08:20 AM
He was shot "possibly two or three times from a distance," then bicycled about 1½ miles back to his home in neighboring Rialto
You gotta admit, the dude takes a lickin and keeps on tickin'!

Kachina26
11-30-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm from Biloxi. I can read AND spell. I just can't make any sense!:D :eek: :D
My sister is ugly, so maybe that helped Me stay away from the inter-breeding deal.:eek: :D
Tommy
You do see the sarcasm I hope. Wasn't long ago my relatives came to Ca to escape the dust bowl.

LEADFOOTjosh
11-30-2007, 08:50 AM
you guys seen his rap sheet???
July 27, 1987: According to a complaint filed by his wife, King beat her while she was sleeping, then dragged her outside the house and beat her again. King was charged with battery and pleaded "no contest." He was placed on probation and ordered to obtain counseling. He never got the counseling.
November 3, 1989: King, brandishing a tire iron, ordered a convenience store clerk to empty the cash register. The clerk grabbed the tire iron, causing King to fall backwards and knock over a pie rack. King swung the rack at the clerk and fled the store with $200. King was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, second-degree robbery, and intent to commit great bodily injury. In a plea agreement, King pleaded guilty to the robbery charge and the other charges were dropped. He was sentenced to two years in prison, but was paroled on December 27, 1990.
The Arrest of Rodney King on March 3, 1991
March 3, 1991: After being seen speeding on the 210 freeway by CHP officers, King led them on a chase at speeds estimated at up to 110 to 115 mph. When finally stopped, King refused requests to get into the prone position and appeared to charge one of the officers. He was beaten and arrested. King was charged with felony evading. Charges were later dropped.
King's 3/3/91 Arrest Record
King's Trouble with the Law After March 3, 1991
May 11, 1991: King was pulled over for having an excessively tinted windshield. Although King was driving without a license and his car registration had expired, King was not charged.
May 28, 1991: King picked up a transvestite prostitute in Hollywood who happened to be under surveillance by LAPD officers. King and the prostitute were observed in an alley engaging in sexual activity. When the prostitute spotted the officers, King sped away, nearly hitting one of them. King later explained that he thought the vice officers were robbers trying to kill him. No charges were filed.
June 26, 1992: King's second wife reported to police that King had hit her and she feared for her life. King was handcuffed and taken to a police station, but his wife then decided against pressing charges.
July 16, 1992: King was arrested at 1:40 A.M. for driving while intoxicated. No charges were filed.
August 21, 1993: King crashed into a wall near a downtown Los Angeles nightclub. He had a blood alcohol level of 0.19. King was charged with violating his parole and sent for sixty day to an alcohol treatment center. He was also convicted on the DUI charge and ordered to perform twenty days of community service.
May 21, 1995: King was arrested for DUI while on a trip to Pennsylvania. King failed field sobriety tests, but refused to submit to a blood test. He was tried and acquitted.
July 14, 1995: King got into an argument with his wife while he was driving, pulled off the freeway and ordered her out of the car. When she started to get out, King sped off, leaving her on the highway with a bruised arm. King was charged with assault with a deadly weapon (his car), reckless driving, spousal abuse, and hit-and-run. King was tried on all four charges, but found guilty only of hit-and-run driving.
March 3, 1999: King allegedly injured the sixteen-year-old girl that he had fathered out of wedlock when he was seventeen, as well as the girl's mother. King was arrested for injuring the woman, the girl, and for vandalizing property. King claimed that the incident was simply "a family misunderstanding."
September 29, 2001: King was arrested for indecent exposure and use of the hallucinogenic drug PCP

catman-do
11-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Rodney King is like Jerry Springer. Starts some controversy, and generally doesnt do anything for the community. I think whoever shot King should have aimed better, that guy makes a whole race look bad. I know just as many POS white people as i do asians, mexicans, and blacks.

Lookin for Liquid
11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Relax everyone!...It's just Bobby Knight duck hunting in Rialto since he got kicked off the other sanctuary.

LEADFOOTjosh
11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
didnt the NCAAP give him and Rosa Parks some image award on the same day??