PDA

View Full Version : Issues with 2007 Chevy Navigation, Bose System?

Rocknpalms
11-29-2007, 02:55 PM
I bought a 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ. The truck has the optional Factory Navagation with Bose stereo and optional Bose premium speaker system.
Per Navigation System 2007 owners manual page 64 Quote "If the system has the Bose sound system, the system will have Digital Signal Processing."
The DSP allows four different listing settings. Normal, Surround (for DVD), Rear or Driver.
Well I have the Bose system but my unit does not allow or even have the touch screen icons for the DSP settings.
The Temecula dealer states I am right the option does not come up on my unit and says there is nothing they can or will do. How is it that I have all the needed uprade options per my window sticker and per the owners manual but and DSP is not available. Does anyone else have the same problem?

voodoomedman
11-29-2007, 03:00 PM
I bought a 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ. The truck has the optional Factory Navagation with Bose stereo and optional Bose premium speaker system.
Per Navigation System 2007 owners manual page 64 Quote "If the system has the Bose sound system, the system will have Digital Signal Processing."
The DSP allows four different listing settings. Normal, Surround (for DVD), Rear or Driver.
Well I have the Bose system but my unit does not allow or even have the touch screen icons for the DSP settings.
The Temecula dealer states I am right the option does not come up on my unit and says there is nothing they can or will do. How is it that I have all the needed uprade options per my window sticker and per the owners manual but and DSP is not available. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Call Chevy's 800 #. Maybe they can authorize a swap of the unit to make it work.

Rocknpalms
11-29-2007, 03:46 PM
The run around I am getting from Paradise Chevy is that it will not work because it does not have the subwoofer installed either.
So I pay for the options, its listed on the sticker as being on the car but the entire system is not installed.

gramps
11-29-2007, 03:56 PM
If you paid for options and didn't get them.......... did you say anything to the dealer when you got the car?

BoatPI
11-29-2007, 04:10 PM
I realize that this is apples and oranges, but years ago I purchased a Z-71 truck. It was suppose to have the HD tow package and a trans cooler. When the truck began to overheat in Havasu on idle I checked a bit further and noticed that the factory omited the cooler. I called the 800 number and in two days the local dealer called me for an appointment to install a Hayden cooler. No problems after that.

Rocknpalms
11-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Just got off the phone with Chevy they claim that the the option is installed correct but the owners manual should not have stated my car as having the option of DSP. It was only put on the Denali and the owners manual is misprinted.
hmmmmmmmmm.

Rocknpalms
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I would like to get my hands on a 2007 sales brochure and see what was intended or pitched from the start.