PDA

View Full Version : Roostin

Danhercules
05-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Just got back from my 1st weekend with a diverter! WOW. I like it. I got some pics I am workin on getttin up here.
I almost made a HUGE rookie mistake. I learned to put the diverter down when turning. I was making a crusing pass by camp and went to turn around. I made a nice long turn, took the whole river to turn. Got 3/4 around and she did not want to turn anymore. I got on the gas and nothin, i let off and was headed right to the rocks across from Moabi. I did panic for a sec and then got my shit together and hit the toggle for the diverter to get it down and then slammed the gas and she hooked. I was soooo close to the rocks. Scared the shit out of me.
I was lucky to meet someone from the forums here. Thanks Hustler for stoppin by. I love your roost. I have roost envy. Yours is bigger than mine. You even got me wet :D . And thanks to the FUFU QUEEN, you got my woman hammered!! That was some good stuff!
One more thing, where can i get a stainless like kit for my diverter? My compression fittings came loose twice. I dont want to mess with that anymore.

disco_charger
05-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Rex Marine in La Verne.

Snorider
05-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Just a note: It depends on the boat as to trim when cornering. I know on my boat, ('78 Sleekcraft), if i trim down when corning hard, it will stuff the nose - which is never a good thing (Unless you wanna get your passenger soaked)

Tahiti Tiger Mark
05-19-2003, 11:07 PM
Good tip! I will remember this when I bolt mine on! Reminds me when I let my friend drive my boat once, holy crap, I told him so many times before, do NOT let off the gas if you must turn. So he is heading towards rocks, I am like um turn, turn, TURN!!!! I was sitting in the front seat too thank god and plastered his foot to the pedal with my own, and cranked the wheel hard. Good thing for pedals too! Anyways, enough jawing, I will remember to put the diverter down to turn! :D

JetBoatRich
05-20-2003, 03:30 AM
Good hear your diverter works, keep practicing with the thing to learn the new handling.