PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator Daytona question?

stump
09-09-2003, 04:44 AM
OK not knowing much about jet boats i have a few questions.The Eliminator Daytona Tunnel Hulls Jet boats came in 19 and 21 ft configurations.In the ads I have seen 2 seats in the 19 ft models and some 19's with a rear seat also.on the 21 ft models it looks like most of them have a back seat.Ok which is the better model as far as ride and speed etc.I'm entertaining the idea of getting me a tunnel jet for the shallow lakes we have here.

Hermosa
09-09-2003, 05:01 AM
I loved my 21' Daytona, and wish I still had it sometimes. It was a great river boat, perfect for where we used to boat, 4 people and a cooler, not much more room than that. I have never had a boat before or after my 21' Daytona that felt as sporty, or got more looks. For me, it was my favorite. I also had a 19' Daytona, but that one was just too small for what I needed it for.

Jbb
09-09-2003, 05:44 AM
Edge hulls are very similar....A few 19's were built alongside my 21....For only 2 feet difference in length ....The size difference ,as far as interior room is dramatic.
Th 21 Edge besides being much roomier inside ,also delivers a smoother ride over chop.....Go for the 21

572Daytona
09-09-2003, 06:03 AM
Unless you want to drag race, go for the 21. Much more versatile.

Phat_Kat
09-09-2003, 06:09 AM
ever consider a liberator? same boat but more freeboard.

MAXIMUS
09-09-2003, 06:11 AM
A 19' daytona is a truly great boat! I owned 1 for 4 yrs & loved it to death! The problem with them is that they are mainly a high performance set up much like a 2 seater flatbottom. Very quick & stable but not forgiving in the interior room or rough water senarios! The 21' is a better all around family performance boat that rides much better in choppy conditions & has way more interior room. Problem for 21's is they don't perform anywhere near the 19's. It takes a lot of hp & a real good set up to bring them to life! Hope this helps... :)

Cs19
09-09-2003, 08:58 AM
good information already posted.the reasons i bought a 19 are the 21ft hull is big and will not fit in any of our garages and i could not afford a huge blown motor to make it move like i wanted.It just depends on your goals for the boat.Good luck.

Liberator TJ1984
09-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Phat_Kat:
ever consider a liberator? same boat but more freeboard. Yea like he said :D
I can get 3 across in my 19' Liberator and not be crammed like sardines
19' 6 peep's not to bad ???

stump
09-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Yes I have seen the liberator ,nordic pickelfork,cougar,youngblood and warhawk.they all look very similuar.I like the idea of the 21 as i could take more people out with the room ,but the 19 liberator that would seat 6 dont sound too bad either.Who makes the edge hull?Do they have a website.

OSUman
09-09-2003, 01:02 PM
INBOARD ULTRA OR TOM PAPP RACING

Cs19
09-09-2003, 01:18 PM
I believe tom papp makes the edge.I hear its best to call in the mornings.. wink :D anyone else hear that?

Jbb
09-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Talk to John
http://www.jmmarine.com/

HammerDown
09-09-2003, 03:24 PM
I've got a 21 Daytona...awsome boat. Check my Avatar.
And true the Liberator is a splash of the Daytona...a little more freeboard.

wet77
09-09-2003, 05:20 PM
While you guys brought up the subject the 21' eliminator daytona tunnell is the exact boat I am searching for!!
Anyone know of one for sale??
I was looking between the 85-90 years??
Even just a boat no motor??
ANYONE??
Thanks

rummerd
09-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Being new to jet boating, and just gathering info to make an educated purchase myself, I would like to know if the "picklefork" style hulls make good river boats, or should I look at the more traditional style of hulls? Primary area of use would be the Snake River in Lewiston/Clarkston area.

F N Fast
09-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Have to agree with all the posts here. It will take some HP to wakeup the 21' over the 19'. But unless your a drag racer go for the 21' for sure. The ride is very good, it's a good trade off.
http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/uploads/post-7-1062465097.jpg
[ September 09, 2003, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: F N Fast ]

DaytonaU
09-09-2003, 07:29 PM
I have a 1995 21 ft daytona with a 509 chevy 23,000

Banzai Fry
09-09-2003, 09:59 PM
The 2 Seaters were v drives, and they only built 3 without the center pod, then built a few with a center pod. You will see 99.9% of the 19's with jets. Here is a pic of the VDrive, The very first one! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/928mood_1.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/928Mood_swing3-med.jpg

Unchained
09-10-2003, 04:15 AM
I've seen the 21' Daytona and the 21' Edge and their both real nice but heavy.
I had to have the Hot Rod so I got a 19' Stealth from Hi-Tech Performance.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/220DSC01930-med.JPG
I believe you could get a back seat in one for kids or two jump seats facing the middle.

blowbye
09-10-2003, 04:56 AM
Is anyone running a Firehawk 2100 as a jet? There is one on E-bay at the moment but I have never seen one in-the-flesh to see the quality. Understand it is a splash of the 21' daytona.
Thanks.

Jet City
09-10-2003, 05:58 AM
Liberator TJ1984:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phat_Kat:
[qb] ever consider a liberator? same boat but more freeboard. Yea like he said :D
I can get 3 across in my 19' Liberator and not be crammed like sardines
19' 6 peep's not to bad ???
Do you have some pics of your Liberator 19. I plan on getting a new (to me) boat next year, I'm real attracted to the CP 19, but your Liberator sounds very interesting. I don't want anything over 19', but it must have a rear seat (and seat 4 comfortably).

MAXIMUS
09-10-2003, 06:04 AM
F N Fast:
Have to agree with all the posts here. It will take some HP to wakeup the 21' over the 19'. But unless your a drag racer go for the 21' for sure. The ride is very good, it's a good trade off.
http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/uploads/post-7-1062465097.jpg That is a great looking ride!!! What kind of speeds are you seeing with it? :)

MAXIMUS
09-10-2003, 06:05 AM
Unchained:
I've seen the 21' Daytona and the 21' Edge and their both real nice but heavy.
I had to have the Hot Rod so I got a 19' Stealth from Hi-Tech Performance.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/220DSC01930-med.JPG
I believe you could get a back seat in one for kids or two jump seats facing the middle. Unchained that is one of the coolest looking pieces I have seen in a long time!!! Great job & hope it works well for you! Just be careful... :cool:

F N Fast
09-10-2003, 10:53 AM
MAXIMUS:
F N Fast:
http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/uploads/post-7-1062465097.jpg That is a great looking ride!!! What kind of speeds are you seeing with it? :) Mid 90's for sure (94) and real smart about getting there. (That was on Bartlet lake, 110 degree day) On a cooler day might buck the triple digits. Honestly, I haven't really flogged it hard enough to find out.

MAXIMUS
09-10-2003, 04:01 PM
That sounds like a good running boat! :cool:

revndave
09-10-2003, 04:34 PM
cs19:
I believe tom papp makes the edge.I hear its best to call in the mornings.. wink :D anyone else hear that? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CALL IN THE MORNING?

565edge
09-10-2003, 05:28 PM
revndave:
cs19:
I believe tom papp makes the edge.I hear its best to call in the mornings.. wink :D anyone else hear that? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CALL IN THE MORNING? I was going to say something,I've never had a hard time getting ahold of tom,morning or afternoon?

Johnwithjm
09-11-2003, 07:50 AM
cs19 Please explain what you mean by call in the morning. Since Tom is in the same building as me and does all my service work.I would like to know what you mean by that comment.

Cs19
09-11-2003, 02:34 PM
I meant nothing about the comment towards Papp or his boats.He has nice boats and does great work and i was simply telling him to give him a call, shit i almost bought one of his boats..
When i first bought my boat i was in between finding someone to set it up for me. I went to the drags in bakersfield and started talking to people, I was talking to a guy who goes to papp and I was telling him i was frustrated cause i didnt have time to get anything done and didnt know where to get my boat set up. He told me to go to Tom, "hes really good and call him in the mornings".. Same guy told me about MPD which is where i ended up going he told me "if you go to MPD show up on a saturday morning with bannanas". :D Jack likes banannas.
Not bagging on Papp whatsoever, i like his boats and i think his boats haul ass, if he was closer to me i may have ended up going to him.
There is only 1 guy in the boating industry that I do not think has good work ethics, and there is no way i would ever mention his name on the boards even though i left his shop VERY dissapointed.Later.

OldFaithful Squirter
09-11-2003, 02:50 PM
I own the Warhawk TX 20 wide deck which still seats 4 across the back seat and has plenty of room between the two front seats for the most important of items "ICE CHEST" so you might consider the Warhawk as well? They are manufacture with hands on craftsmenship in Georgia, I located mine at the Ultra Boat Dealership in St. James New York. Paul cut me a really good deal and delivered it to South Texas from New York by 18 wheeler for only 1100.00 in transport cost! I have the Warhawk manufactures name and number in Georgia if your interested?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=27379&password=&sort=7&thecat=500

Jake W
09-11-2003, 04:33 PM
OFS so does the bottom on yours differ from the orignal Youngblood bottom?Or is it just the top.And do they make the 18 allso?What is there number?Your pic did not come up is yours the White and red one with all the Girllies on it?
eek! Thanks Jake

bp
09-11-2003, 05:30 PM
572Daytona:
Unless you want to drag race, go for the 21. Much more versatile. there are two 21' daytona owners that routinely drag race with NJBA. one runs in the 9.50 and the other the 11.00 bracket. both are very competitive in their respective classes, and both routinely cruise on lakes/rivers. both have single carbed engines, neither has a blower. if they had their stuff in 19's, they'd probably go faster, but they are competitive with what they have. they don't seem to have any problem with getting their boats out on the rope. there's a whole lot more to winning in dragboat racing than just having the lightest hull or the most power. if ya want to do that with a 21', you certainly can.

Liberator TJ1984
09-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Jet City Rebel , go to my profile and look at my boat ...it has 2 bench seats . the front seat back just dips down in the middle to look like buckets..Kelly's Warhawk is a nice ride with lots of room also wink
Gopherrr

Cs19
09-12-2003, 12:12 PM
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CALL IN THE MORNING?
I was going to say something,I've never had a hard time getting ahold of tom,morning or afternoon? cs19 Please explain what you mean by call in the morning. Since Tom is in the same building as me and does all my service work.I would like to know what you mean by that comment. Edge,dave,john. You guys got a copy on my post about Papp? never got any replys.I dont want you guys thinking im talking smack on T.Papp as i dont even know the guy,and thats not my style anyway.
Now there are others around here that will continously rip on engine and pump guys when they know nothing about them. Not me. LATER

revndave
09-12-2003, 01:30 PM
I WAS JUST CURIOUS.NO PROBLEM.I'M ON MY TO TPR RIGHT NOW.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
09-12-2003, 03:05 PM
Love my 19. Not much room. but plenty for me, the old lady, and a lot of beer!!

Johnwithjm
09-12-2003, 03:24 PM
cs19:
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CALL IN THE MORNING?
I was going to say something,I've never had a hard time getting ahold of tom,morning or afternoon? cs19 Please explain what you mean by call in the morning. Since Tom is in the same building as me and does all my service work.I would like to know what you mean by that comment. Edge,dave,john. You guys got a copy on my post about Papp? never got any replys.I dont want you guys thinking im talking smack on T.Papp as i dont even know the guy,and thats not my style anyway.
Now there are others around here that will continously rip on engine and pump guys when they know nothing about them. Not me. LATER No problem here I was just wondering where all that was coming from.

Dave C
09-12-2003, 03:35 PM
I had the 21 Daytona. It was great. I would recommend it over the 19. You can go on bigger lakes with more chop. Mine had plenty of room in the interior for five "full-sized" adults w/ one cooler.
The ride is much better than the 19. But the 19 is better for flat out drag racing but the 21 is by no means a slouch. My 21 was much faster than my 19' Bahner jet.
However if you put a big blower motor in the 21, you will have a boat that runs damn good.
So if you have or will get a big motor or blower motor go with the 21.
The bottom line is that you can go by people with smaller boats with the 21 when the water gets the least bit rough.
There is a 21 for sale with a blower motor in the cats & tunnels section.
[ September 12, 2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Dave C ]