PDA

View Full Version : Sucker Punch...

EmpirE231
11-30-2007, 10:31 AM
so my buddy got sucker punched and jumped last night! said he was just hanging out with this girl (that he's been dating for a couple weeks now)... and then next thing he remember is getting hit, then being on the floor.... and getting hit some more.
turns out, it was this girls X and his friends. didn't say a word... nothing! my buddy didn't even see him at all... full sucker punch from the side. to top it off the X is around 6'3 ... and my buddy stands a total of 5'4-5'5!!:mad:
anyways.... police report has already been made, and the guy was ID'd by the girl and gave address and info. my question to any law people is what kind of charges could the guy be charged with? my friend definitely wants to press charges...
oh and another top off.... he actually hit the girl too. and she sounds like she will be pressing charges also.

DMOORE
11-30-2007, 10:35 AM
He needs to really push the case. Those guys should face feloney jail time.\
Darrell.

Baja Big Dog
11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Im sure the girlfriend should have a picture or two of the tough guy around, we would all love to see it!!
Please share, and by all means let us know where this fine outstanding pillar of the community lives!!!:D

djunkie
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Press charges for assault, get a restraining order and dump the bitch!!!!!! Chicks that bring along drama aren't worth it IMO. Even if she is on your buddies side. I've been through a similar case like this. Unfortunately for the guy that sucker punched me, he didn't hit me hard enough. So needless to say it backfired on him cause he got his ass handed to him. The chick on the other hand ended up being a lieing cheating wh*re so I told her to F-off too. If your buddy really has only been dating her for a couple weeks then it shouldn't be a big deal to ditch her.

707dog
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
My Learning Leason Is When A Guy Is On The Ground And You Countinue To Hit That Person The Charges Go From Misdeminor To Felony Pretty Fast... Hope You Buddy Is Ok...sounds Like Puss Boy Was D*&k Hurt That Your Bud Was Stoopin His X-chick!! Tell Him To Do His Home Work ...

EmpirE231
11-30-2007, 12:47 PM
my buddy is ok... two black eyes... swollen nose, might be broken. found out that our other friend tried to pull the guy off of him by the hood of his sweatshirt, and then he got punched in the back of the head by the X's friend... and continued to hit our other friend since he was dazed and confused.
at the end of it... the security is holding back my two friends... while the other guys stand there laughing. (the other guys are "in" with the security there... buddies, etc) ... how does that work out? shouldn't they be holding back the guys doing the beating?
and isn't a bar supposed to detain people until police show up? they let these guys leave before the police showed up!

djunkie
11-30-2007, 12:50 PM
my buddy is ok... two black eyes... swollen nose, might be broken. found out that our other friend tried to pull the guy off of him by the hood of his sweatshirt, and then he got punched in the back of the head by the X's friend... and continued to hit our other friend since he was dazed and confused.
at the end of it... the security is holding back my two friends... while the other guys stand there laughing. (the other guys are "in" with the security there... buddies, etc) ... how does that work out? shouldn't they be holding back the guys doing the beating?
and isn't a bar supposed to detain people until police show up? they let these guys leave before the police showed up!
It just sounds like a bad deal all around. Without some good witnesses your buddy may just be shit outta luck on this deal. Like I said earlier, I'd cut the chick loose and cut any ties with these guys cause chances are if he stays with her it probably won't be over with these guys. If he still feels like these guys may not quit then get a restraining order.

Mardonzi
11-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Sounds like your buddy could possibly go after the club as well if colaboration can be proven between the assailants and the on premise security officers.

djunkie
11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Sounds like your buddy could possibly go after the club as well if colaboration can be proven between the assailants and the on premise security officers.
Good luck with that. This will be a case of he said she said. Chances are the club will have a better lawyer too.

Old Texan
11-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Don't know about CA liquor laws but here in TX you can probably go to the Alcohol Control Board and put their license in jeopardy or threaten too go unless the bar shows some help or cash settlement. Seems like a bar that hires assehole buddies for bouncers is deserving of some part of the responsibility.
Hell, sue everybody in sight......:devil:

EmpirE231
11-30-2007, 01:09 PM
It just sounds like a bad deal all around. Without some good witnesses your buddy may just be shit outta luck on this deal. Like I said earlier, I'd cut the chick loose and cut any ties with these guys cause chances are if he stays with her it probably won't be over with these guys. If he still feels like these guys may not quit then get a restraining order.
he doesn't have a problem cutting the chick loose... just some girl he's kinda been talking to.

EmpirE231
11-30-2007, 01:10 PM
and as far as witnesses go... there's survailance there... it was at a BIG bar on the patio... lots of people we know, and lots of people that saw it.

Schiada76
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM
A friend of mine made a chitload of money off a del like that years ago.
He got jumped in a club, security helped their buddies out, restrained my friend until the azzholes got away before the police could respond.
His attorney cleaned the bars clock.:D

Schiada76
11-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Do NOT dump the chick until it plays out if she is on your side.

djunkie
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Do NOT dump the chick until it plays out if she is on your side.
Ok then use her and lose her. Chicks that bring drama should be left in the gutter where they belong. :D :D

djunkie
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
and as far as witnesses go... there's survailance there... it was at a BIG bar on the patio... lots of people we know, and lots of people that saw it.
Is the surveilance from the bar where the incident occured?

EmpirE231
11-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Is the surveilance from the bar where the incident occured?
yeah they have cameras up, and he said there was one right above where it happened.

djunkie
11-30-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah they have cameras up, and he said there was one right above where it happened.
Well seeing as the bouncers work for the club, and the owner is gonna protect his ass, what are the chances of the tapes suddenly disappearing?

djunkie
11-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I hope I'm not sounding like a buzz kill Empire. I feel for your friend. I hate pussies that start shit like this and have to have their friends jump in to make it even worse. I just hope your friend knows that this may be more headache than anything.

AZJD
11-30-2007, 02:02 PM
What he needs to do is punch the chick too! That will mke him feel better.
That is why I am always looking over my shoulder.....

redneckcharlie
11-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Well seeing as the bouncers work for the club, and the owner is gonna protect his ass, what are the chances of the tapes suddenly disappearing?
I do alot of work for some larger clubs here in NM. As far as the security cameras go, your buddy should contact an attorney. Let that attorney contact the club with what the situation is. I'm not sure what your laws are in your community are concerning liquor licenses, but here in NM, a liquor license cost around 400 grand. Our state has a three strikes policy when it comes to this stuff. The jaded security staff aside, I'd be willing to bet the owners of the establishment have no intention of putting their investment on the line for a serious lack of judgement from their bouncers.
On the completely un politically correct side. If the security staff was completely out of line, and the shitbags still hangs out there, after all is said and done, have your buddy get a nice size group of friends together and go back to the location of the incident, and clean house! :D

WYRD
11-30-2007, 02:14 PM
So your saying the girl brought your buddy(whom she has only been seeing for a little while) to a bar where her ex and his buddies hang around so much they even know the staff:confused: Sounds like maybe the chick was trying to flaunt your buddy to her ex to me:(

djunkie
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
So your saying the girl brought your buddy(whom she has only been seeing for a little while) to a bar where her ex and his buddies hang around so much they even know the staff:confused: Sounds like maybe the chick was trying to flaunt your buddy to her ex to me:(
:idea: :idea: :idea:

Kilrtoy
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
It all depends where did this happen(city)....
But from what you described
its a simple Battery, misdemeanor

EmpirE231
11-30-2007, 02:41 PM
no, this is a place that we always go... pretty much it's like high school reunion!! so she just went along with him. which she has been there before. but it's just one of those places that "everyone" goes to.

EmpirE231
11-30-2007, 02:42 PM
It all depends where did this happen(city)....
But from what you described
its a simple Battery, misdemeanor
good ol Riverside, Ca

Kilrtoy
11-30-2007, 02:44 PM
good ol Riverside, Ca
They should get a conviction out there for that

warlock
11-30-2007, 02:51 PM
he doesn't have a problem cutting the chick loose... just some girl he's kinda been talking to.
That chick totally used yer boy ta' make that dude jealous...Like she didn't see that her ex was in the building...YEA RIGHT! She saw that dude and was probably eye'n him behind yer boys back...If I was at a bar with my chick and I saw one of my ex's show up i'm audie 5!!!! I'd give her the b3..ByeByeBitch...:devil:

boatnam2
11-30-2007, 02:58 PM
id say if she was there,her ex was there, your buddies freinds were there he may of made a bad decision well 2 second one he wasnt even banging her and still took a ass whipping for it.Im calling more to the story card on this one.Was it incahoots?

WYRD
11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
no, this is a place that we always go... pretty much it's like high school reunion!! so she just went along with him. which she has been there before. but it's just one of those places that "everyone" goes to.
sounds like your buddy needs to step it up a notch, both on the women he dates and the places he hangs...highschool ended along time ago(at least for an old fart like me:D )

djunkie
11-30-2007, 03:07 PM
sounds like your buddy needs to step it up a notch, both on the women he dates and the places he hangs...highschool ended along time ago(at least for an old fart like me:D )
Grandpa!!!!!!:jawdrop: :D :D

Sleeper CP
11-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I hope I'm not sounding like a buzz kill Empire. I feel for your friend. I hate pussies that start shit like this and have to have their friends jump in to make it even worse. I just hope your friend knows that this may be more headache than anything.
Oh, you noticed that too.....:rolleyes:
If nothing else, if he can prove that the security helped the guy's out he has a hell of a claim against the Club and if nothing else he should threaten their Liquor license and get a cash settlement from them.
That is, if he can prove or has enough witnesses that will stand up and say that the Security let these a-hole beat on his friend and then did nothing to restrain them before the cop's got there.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

EmpirE231
11-30-2007, 03:25 PM
haha you guys are funny.... frickin HB investigators. yeah highschool ended a while ago.... what I meant by highschool reunion is that you see everyone at this place.
and I'd say there is atleast a 50% chance this chick instigated it somehow... but c'mon? no words exchanges, no warning just out of the blue sucker punch?
we'll see how it all plays out...........

warlock
11-30-2007, 03:31 PM
haha you guys are funny.... frickin HB investigators. yeah highschool ended a while ago.... what I meant by highschool reunion is that you see everyone at this place.
and I'd say there is atleast a 50% chance this chick instigated it somehow... but c'mon? no words exchanges, no warning just out of the blue sucker punch?
we'll see how it all plays out...........
Yea too bad she didn't give yer boy a warning 'cause she saw that shit comin' a mile away and yer friend was her sucker that got punched....Now she can tell all her friends how 2 dudes were fightin' over her...:rolleyes: