PDA

View Full Version : Chiraco Summit Shooting I-10

Parker Dreamin
11-30-2007, 11:09 AM
http://cbs2.com/local/CHP.Suspect.Pursuit.2.599649.html
Pursuit Suspect Killed In Shootout On I-10
CATHEDRAL CITY (CBS) ― A pickup truck driver who ran a stop sign led police on a 48-mile, high-speed desert chase before he was killed during a rolling Interstate 10 shootout near Chiriaco Summit.
A Cathedral City police officer tried to stop the pickup Thursday, but the driver sped away, reaching speeds of up to 120 mph as the California Highway Patrol joined the desert chase 130 miles east of Los Angeles.
CHP Officer Tami Low says 32-year-old Johnnie Robert Lopez "opened the rear-window slider and starting shooting out the back of the truck."
Three officers involved in the pursuit fired back and the wounded Joshua Tree man lost control of the pickup. He was found dead in the truck.
(© 2007 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Trailer Park Casanova
11-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Wow!!

delemorte
11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
one more gone... i will sleep better tonight.

Jbb
11-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Shooting is not allowed in Kalifornia....:jawdrop:..Adios Mr. Lopez......:D

Sleek-Jet
11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
So running from the cops should be a capitol offence?? I'm outraged...
What if it was someone's kid on here...
:D

delemorte
11-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Read the story. the guy opened fire first then the cops returned fire. you run from the law or shoot at a cop and you took your own life into your own hands...
dont roll the dice when your life is at stake. Im only sad that some SOB will try to sue the city for wrongfull death cause of this maniac.

Shreve"T"
11-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Good that Justice was served.... Now I have a question for the CHP WTF were they thinking driving at high rate of speeds shooting at each other ????
Kind of reckless IMO :idea: :idea:

Havasu_Dreamin
11-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Thinning the gene pool...

Classic Daycruiser
11-30-2007, 01:46 PM
More idiots should own guns:D

boatnam2
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Sounds like one less guy on the water this weekend:D

Schiada76
11-30-2007, 02:13 PM
WRF???
The death penalty?
He was just evading th police at 120mph and shooting at them.
Gimme a break, shouldn't he just get a spanking or something like no TV for a week.:devil:

Kilrtoy
11-30-2007, 02:21 PM
WRF???
The death penalty?
Gimme a break, shouldn't he just get a spanking or something like no TV for a week.:devil:
That was a bitchen story with a bitchen ending, Glad no CHippies were hurt and only the shit bag is dead....
Now that is justice and peace....

HM
11-30-2007, 02:48 PM
WRF???
The death penalty?
That is some stinky bait there guys. :D

11-30-2007, 02:50 PM
That was a bitchen story with a bitchen ending, Glad no CHippies were hurt and only the shit bag is dead....
sometimes i disagree with Kilr but he hit it right on; look how much money
we saved

Not So Fast
11-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Good shoot and better results!!!!!!!!!!!! Things should end like this more often!!!!!!!! NSF

Lookin for Liquid
11-30-2007, 03:03 PM
one more gone... i will sleep better tonight.
and while you are sleeping tonight just think about how many more were born during the night....Sweet Dreams!

BoatPI
11-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Congrats to the CHP. Where is the kill party?

RitcheyRch
11-30-2007, 03:36 PM
One less scumbag on the road

reb939
11-30-2007, 04:00 PM
I love a good story with a happy ending!

Ultracrazy
11-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Dude........your kidding right?

Baja Big Dog
11-30-2007, 05:52 PM
AHHH....they would be having a funeral?
A capitol offence? Lets think...HMMMM.....still thinking.....oh not only yes, but FOCK YES!!!!
What if it was someones kid on here that was hurt by these assholes that think they can run from the LEO and risk the safety of innocent folks like us just driving down the road!!!

Kyote
11-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Well Kilr (Miguel) I must agree with you. Justice quick and sure and protecting others from harm is a credit to those CHP and the other officers involved. Your description and language to describe the situation certainly is a reflection on your professionalism. I'm sure that your kids are proud of you.
BTW - Happy Birthday to Mrs Kilr (Yvonne) Sorry that I missed your party.

westair
11-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Hopefully they got em before he had kids.

fiasco
11-30-2007, 07:08 PM
damn now i can get to the river faster , one less car on the road :D

Kyote
11-30-2007, 08:05 PM
How should he have described the situation?
Would you prefer something like this?
"That was a lovely ending to an entertaining saga of how only the gentleman that instigated the drama filled episode was thwarted before any of our California Highway Patrol Professionals sustained any unhealthful side effects in the performance of their duties."
Personally, I like "The bag of shit assumed room temperature !"
I have no doubt that Mig's kids are proud of him. Why shouldn't they be?
Rio
Hey, I give the guy a compliment and you rag on me. I only said that it reflected on his professionalism. Do you have a problem with his description?

Kilrtoy
11-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey, I give the guy a compliment and you rag on me. I only said that it reflected on his professionalism. Do you have a problem with his description?
I must have missed the compliment.....
I have been to friends funerals and let me tell you it sucks, while the shit bag abuses the hell out of the system and cries for his rights.....
And YES My kids are damn proud of me, as is my wife and entire family........
thanks Rio

Schiada76
12-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Well Kilr (Miguel) I must agree with you. Justice quick and sure and protecting others from harm is a credit to those CHP and the other officers involved. Your description and language to describe the situation certainly is a reflection on your professionalism. I'm sure that your kids are proud of you.
BTW - Happy Birthday to Mrs Kilr (Yvonne) Sorry that I missed your party.
Fagot:mad:

Mattman
12-01-2007, 06:59 AM
Beeeuuuteeeful!!

Kyote
12-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I must have missed the compliment.....
I have been to friends funerals and let me tell you it sucks, while the shit bag abuses the hell out of the system and cries for his rights.....
And YES My kids are damn proud of me, as is my wife and entire family........
thanks Rio
OK Kilr, I misspoke and I appologize if I offended you. I didn't realize that you were so sensitive. I have the highest regard for those that protect and defend us. I myself have served. I am a Patriot Rider and attend many funerals for those that have made the ultimate sacrifice. It is never easy. I compliment you on your choice of words on your quote above. Sometimes the descriptive words a person uses defines them in a way that might cause the reader to be confused as to their intellect.

talkinghead
12-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Once again I am amazed how quickly sheeple jump to conclusions - which I think that has a lot to do with personal bias.
All of these conclusions based on a CBS news story - you know, the media. Because, the media lies all the time as I understand (unless it is Fox News). That's what Rush states on a regular basis.
Or is it that you just want to believe a story when it fits your personal belief system?
Maybe the events happened this way, maybe they didn't.
The people behind the comments in this thread are the reason (IMO) someone like Ron Paul will never get elected - it requires objective, critical thinking skills.

brianthomas
12-01-2007, 11:03 AM
I could give a crap whose kid it is, if they shoot at a cop then they should assume room temperature.

talkinghead
12-01-2007, 11:07 AM
At least the article uses the term 'suspect'...

Sleek-Jet
12-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Ahh... the fishing was good this weekend...