PDA

View Full Version : BoatCop: What Kinda Firepower You Keep on Hand?

Trailer Park Casanova
11-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Any fully auto?
What kinda weapons you stock in the shop aresenal?
- Or is it confidential?

KACHINA KEN
11-30-2007, 01:19 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhh.

SummitKarl
11-30-2007, 01:22 PM
a luxury toon and a set of handcuffs is all he needs, BC takes em down Chuck Norris style:) :D

cxr133
11-30-2007, 01:54 PM
a set of handcuffs is all he needs,
chuck norris style
or
andy griffith style??

riverbound
11-30-2007, 02:51 PM
chuck norris style
or
andy griffith style??
He keeps a water balloon on hand in the event RD gets out of line. :D

RitcheyRch
11-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Thought he had a slingshot and a daisy BB gun. :D

burtandnancy2
11-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Why would you ask that, and do you expect an answer?
Hope to see him at Parker next week, I may count the hardware, but I won't tell...

RiverDave
11-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I think it's all pretty standard stuff in most departments isn't it?
RD

Trailer Park Casanova
11-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Why would you ask that, and do you expect an answer?
Hope to see him at Parker next week, I may count the hardware, but I won't tell...
The shootout on Chiraco Summit had me thinking. http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171591
That fuxballs next stop could been Blythe or Parker.
Slimeballs that are that bold can carry powerfull fully autos.
My 4th grade class visited our local police station once.
The LEOS had an indoor range and demo'd Thompsons for us kids.
I've always held the thought that PD's can step up the firepower on a moments notice.
Then;
Surprised during the No Hollywood shootout how undergunned the LAPD was.
They had to "borrow" firepower from a local sporting good store.
It was a good example how one douchbag with a fully automatic weapon can take on a whole Dept.

Boatcop
11-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Let's just say that we have the ability to handle nearly any contingency that comes up.

OKIE-JET
11-30-2007, 06:03 PM
The shootout on Chiraco Summit had me thinking. http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171591
That fuxballs next stop could been Blythe or Parker.
Slimeballs that are that bold can carry powerfull fully autos.
My 4th grade class visited our local police station once.
The LEOS had an indoor range and demo'd Thompsons for us kids.
I've always held the thought that PD's can step up the firepower on a moments notice.
Then;
Surprised during the No Hollywood shootout how undergunned the LAPD was.
They had to "borrow" firepower from a local sporting good store.
It was a good example how one douchbag with a fully automatic weapon can take on a whole Dept.
You can just about guarantee that wont ever happen again.;)

Wicky
11-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Let's just say that we have the ability to handle nearly any contingency that comes up.
Then a can of whip cream would definitely need to be in the arsenal?

OCMerrill
11-30-2007, 06:09 PM
This statement is full of holes. :D :D

Jbb
11-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Im gonna need for you to taze RD........and get some pictures of it....:D
RD SUX!...

Riomouse911
11-30-2007, 08:09 PM
I keep my paintballs frozen.. for just such an emergency...

RitcheyRch
11-30-2007, 08:13 PM
:eek: :eek: :confused:
I keep my balls frozen.. for just such an emergency...

Flyinbowtie
11-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Ross;
The North Hollywood shootout was a major watershed event for law enforcement in Ca., and the country to some extent I suspect.
The management folks in Cop Shops, particularly in urban areas, really took a long look at what their people were hitting the street with, or without, as was the case in too many agencies back then. There was a misconception that because an area had a large number of units concentrated in a smaller area by filling a scene with cops they could respond safely and effectively to anything.
Sorta like the Indians facing repeating rifles for the first time, numbers don't always mean success. More guys bringing knives to a gunfight just means more dead guys with knives.
I can remember a time not too long ago when there was no such thing as a "Patrol Rifle" class sanctioned by the state training folks. That has changed.
Out here in the hinterland, where we never have the manpower to run doubled units, and back up can be (and frequently is) 20 or more minutes out, we were carrying semi-automatic rifles in racks next to the 870's in the very early eighties. More importantly, our people were trained in their use & deployment and demonstrated skill with them on a regular basis.
Like Alan stated, the mindset, skillset, and training nexus has changed dramatically over the past decade or so, and it is a good thing.
There is always a level of uncertainty in the bizz, but it is a helluva lot better than it was.

Ultracrazy
11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I think it's all pretty standard stuff in most departments isn't it?
RD
No.......everyone is different. Some agencies don't allow Glocks.......some carry nothing but Glocks. I would say every department carries a version of the AR's, shotguns and autos. Some have a little more firepower like LASO and such. Some even have sniper types rifle in their trunks. Most don't though. You be amazed in the difference of opinion when it comes to training and policy.

talkinghead
11-30-2007, 10:26 PM
At least enough fire power to oppress citizens exercising their various rights...

Havasu_Dreamin
11-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Some have a little more firepower like LASO and such.
Aint that the truth! Seems like they could start a small war with what the SGTs. carry in their cars...

Sleeper CP
12-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Ross;
The North Hollywood shootout was a major watershed event for law enforcement in Ca., and the country to some extent I suspect.
The management folks in Cop Shops, particularly in urban areas, really took a long look at what their people were hitting the street with, or without, as was the case in too many agencies back then. There was a misconception that because an area had a large number of units concentrated in a smaller area by filling a scene with cops they could respond safely and effectively to anything.
Sorta like the Indians facing repeating rifles for the first time, numbers don't always mean success. More guys bringing knives to a gunfight just means more dead guys with knives.
Many moon's ago I saw a tv program about 6 FBI agents that got killed by a guy and his partner with 1 Ruger mini 14 (.223 cal.). I think that event happened in the late 70's. His advantages were; he had 1 simi-auto, combat tactics and he apparentley didn't give a $hit if he got shot.
The FBI agents had a bunch of pea shooter's and 1 shot gun in the trunk of one of the cars. The really stupid thing about the event was, they knew the guy had a high powered simi auto and they went after him totally unprepaired.
I would have thought more agencies would have learned from that, when the North Hollywood event happened I just watched in dis-belief.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

Boatcop
12-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Many moon's ago I saw a tv program about 6 FBI agents that got killed by a guy and his partner with 1 Ruger mini 14. I think that event happened in the late 70's. His advantages were; he had 1 simi-auto, combat tactics and he apparentley didn't give a $hit if he got shot.
The FBI agents had a bunch of pea shooter's and 1 shot gun in the trunck of one of the cars. The really stupid thing about the event was, they knew the guy had a high powered simi auto and they went after him totally unprepaired.
I would have thought more agencies would have learned from that, when the North Hollywood event happened I just watched in dis-belief.
Sleeper CP
The 1986 Miami FBI shootout was a study in tactics. BAD tactics. We studied that incident in depth at the Academy (in 1988).
What it showed is that Matix and Platt (the bad guys) had an intense desire to live. They sustained numerous potentially fatal wounds, but continued to fight.
Any rookie straight out of the Academy and employing basic High Risk Stop techniques would have neutralized the situation with no problems.

Sleeper CP
12-01-2007, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=Boatcop;2920877]The 1986 Miami FBI shootout was a study in tactics. BAD tactics. We studied that incident in depth at the Academy (in 1988).
haUOTE]
Thanks for the date correction. I thought it was older than that.
That was a bad situation and very bad tatics from the FBI agents.:(
Sleeper CP

Trailer Park Casanova
12-01-2007, 12:56 PM
With our 5400lb boat hooked to our Toyota Pre Runner, my wife leaves our driveway in Simi and makes it all the way to Parker on a tank of fuel.
She takes a pee break at Chiraco Summit, but doesn't buy the expensive gas.
So if she can cross that distance on a single tank and in tow, no telling how far these desperate pursuit suspects can travel.
I hope if a jack-off like the Chiracco Summit dude pays BC a visit he's delt with adequately with no loss/casualities suffered by the LPCS.

STV_Keith
12-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I've seen Alan out testing the 50. :D
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/alan-browning50.jpg

Trailer Park Casanova
12-01-2007, 02:15 PM
I've seen Alan out testing the 50. :D
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/alan-browning50.jpg
Love the 50.
One great, legendary, American Weapon.

Big Warlock
12-01-2007, 03:40 PM
I keep a water ballon launcher on board at all times!!!!:D

Seadog
12-01-2007, 04:51 PM
I am willing to bet that the number of departments without 870 12g shotguns is very slim. I just wish they would offer some of the 12g goodies for the 20g.