PDA

View Full Version : Horn mounting position

jtmarten
03-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi
This winter had severe winds (80mph) that shredded my cover, which 'removed' the horn from the top of my daycruiser. I was going to replace it this year, but now I'd like to mount a horn somewhere else. I'd like to keep the top of the cabin area clear and seal up the holes.
Is there a good place to mount a horn without it looking like s**t? I'm thinking of mounting another single trumpet to the front rail, but don't know how well that would work. Alternatively, I may just keep one of those small air-horn cans handy.
Thanks for your input!
Jeff

Wicked Performance Boats
03-06-2006, 05:14 AM
Just get a hard hat and mount the horns on it!!! That way you can turn them to what ever direction you turn your head too!!!! Seriously, Just get a little hand one or put a whistle on your keychain. Horns are UGLY. Budlight

jtmarten
03-06-2006, 05:52 AM
Thanks Budlight
I think I'll just velcro one of those little air cans to the dash. That'll save me the $60+ I'd spend on a horn for cold boys. Sweet!
Jeff

sleekcrafter
03-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I seen a couple Wreidt Spoilers with the horns mounted on the transom inside of the engine cover. Both of these boats were un molested boats, wiring appears to be factory too. Some of the newer little Jetboats have, their horns mounted under the console. I carry an air horn, the electric horns don't carry well, on a busy river/lake.
Sleek