PDA

View Full Version : my tribute to Evel Knievel - 1938 to 2007

Fast Freddy
11-30-2007, 04:47 PM
praise god that Evel Knievel was saved before he died. my greatest regret for him would be that he died without giving his life to Jesus. he has always been a BIG inspiration to me. his courage and determination have made a big impression on me. not just in the way i have ridden and jumped my own motorcycles but the way i have lived my life. godspeed to Evel Knievel the gladiator who taught me that it is better to be fighting in the arena than to be merely a spectator viewing the battle......
go to www.evelknievel.com to learn more about the greatest daredevil who ever lived

502 JET
11-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Just heard this on the news.
R.I.P.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44211&d=1196470016

TOBTEK
11-30-2007, 05:19 PM
This is the first I've seen of this news. Thats too bad.:( was always a fan of his. met him YEARS ago when he bought a few bikes from us at Alba.

Tom N
11-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Sad to hear of his passing. He sure did live exactly as he wanted & packed a in lot of action into his 69 years of life.
RIP
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k289/thomasnelson17/EvelKneivel1.jpg

pancho
11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
damn,the fact that he lived to 69 should be some kinda record,i copied everything he did to the best of MY abilities! (RIP) i dont care what u did outside the public arena you are still (MY HERO) u were bigger than life,this is like losing a family member even though i never met him,holy crap sad day

cnj
11-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Very sad news indeed. Evel was an idol and hero to me and many kids who grew up during his "era" (riding our bicycles, going over jumps pretending to be him). R.I.P. Evel.

DaveA
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
I grew up thinking he was so coool. Tried riding my bike up a plywood ramp more than once trying to get serious air. Just wasn't the same as watching Evel do it.
Evel's life just debunks the statement that:
There are old pilots.
There are bold pilots.
There are NO old, bold pilots.
Another icon of my era....gone.

DeltaSigBoater
11-30-2007, 07:26 PM
another legend passes on :(

pancho
11-30-2007, 10:25 PM
daveA,i hear ya,my pops shoulda been jealous of my desire to be like evel but looking back i realize he never was,after he jumped something i had to duplicate what he did in the backyard and dad would put it together,WOW what a humble man,two great men,(goodnight gentlemen)

partytime
12-01-2007, 05:23 AM
And to think, nearly every stunt he performed he did so on a Harley that weighed over 400 lbs and had little to no suspension travel. God speed.

HAMMER TIME
12-01-2007, 05:54 AM
praise god that Evel Knievel was saved before he died. my greatest regret for him would be that he died without giving his life to Jesus. he has always been a BIG inspiration to me. his courage and determination have made a big impression on me. not just in the way i have ridden and jumped my own motorcycles but the way i have lived my life. godspeed to Evel Knievel the gladiator who taught me that it is better to be fighting in the arena than to be merely a spectator viewing the battle......
go to www.evelknievel.com to learn more about the greatest daredevil who ever lived
I DIDNT KNOW HE WAS SAVED THAT IS AWSOME. I SAW HIM AT HALF TIME AT A WICHITA STATE FOOTBALL GAME RIDING WHEELIES ON THE FIELD IN THE 70'S AND I ALSO SAW HIM AT THE KANSAS STATE FAIR JUMP A BUNCH OF SEMI'S IN THE EARLY 70'S I'LL NEVER FORGET IT. GOD REST HIS SOUL!

HAMMER TIME
12-01-2007, 06:01 AM
PRETTY COOL VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7IUKyDkDig&feature=related

centerhill condor
12-01-2007, 06:22 AM
not a bunch of talent to fill his shoes.
CC

ratso
12-01-2007, 07:27 AM
My dad took me to see Evel Knievel in about 1973 in Dallas... That is one of the most memorable experiences of my entire life... awesome show, awesome man.

JetBoatRich
12-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Watched many of his jumps on TV as a kid, who had the Evil action figure?