PDA

View Full Version : The Big Screen went out last night!

Riomouse911
11-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Well, almost. It decided to make both the left and right sides blurry.. right when I turned on the Packer/Cowboy game. After the first quarter I had a headache trying to focus on the lines so I shut it off...
It's a 5 year old Mitsubishi 55" (Silver series, I think it's called)...is it worth having the repair guys come out to try and re-focus it, or should we just make our Christmas a new HD set?

PunkAssBitch
11-30-2007, 08:26 PM
we have the same TV...and ours has been doing that for a couple of years now. They never could fix it....and we did try. Drives me nuts.
We've learned how to do a Fonzy tap to it to make it all better...usually stops doing it after it warms up. Lame, I know, but the husband made me return the NEW Digital TV I bought last year because it was 2 inches smaller than what we have now...LMAO

Jyruiz
11-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Well, almost. It decided to make both the left and right sides blurry.. right when I turned on the Packer/Cowboy game. After the first quarter I had a headache trying to focus on the lines so I shut it off...
It's a 5 year old Mitsubishi 55" (Silver series, I think it's called)...is it worth having the repair guys come out to try and re-focus it, or should we just make our Christmas a new HD set?
Refocusing is easy and there are two types you have to do, mechanical focus and electrical focus. The mechanical is like focusing a camera and the electrical has to be done with three knobs that turn left and right. I hope that is your problem, because if the CRT's have to be replaced, then it is really time for a new HD TV.

BoneDaddy
11-30-2007, 08:36 PM
We went back and forth for a year with the Sears repair guys with our 65". Thank goodness we had the extended warranty.
They replaced it finally with a new model about 9 months ago. That was awesome to finally get a brand new TV. But so far we have already gone through one bulb on our WD-65731 and now it quit working (just shut off) on Wednesday. Sears repair guy is coming out on Monday to fix it (hopefully).
My wife goes nuts when the TV breaks.....That means she actually has to watch the kids. :D
I say if you don't have a warranty, it is time for a new TV for Christmas.

topflite
11-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Mine did the same thing. It cost $240 to fix. Bad solder jobs on some part. Works better than new now.