PDA

View Full Version : Please Officer.....

Jbb
12-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Show me what a real man you are.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIyw5KJV3tA).....Suprisingly...:rolleyes: ...his superiors found nothing wrong with his behaviour.:p ..Dont sign the ticket, and you have two choices....cuffs or tazer.....nice work Mr Fife...That motorist looked like a real threat...:rolleyes: Maybe , while he was down, he should have clubbed him,like a baby seal too......and his wife as well...
.......Flame on....:p

THOR
12-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Man that officer is tough.

Ultracrazy
12-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Show me what a real man you are.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIyw5KJV3tA).....Suprisingly...:rolleyes: ...his superiors found nothing wrong with his behaviour.:p ..Dont sign the ticket, and you have two choices....cuffs or tazer.....nice work Mr Fife...That motorist looked like a real threat...:rolleyes: Maybe , while he was down, he should have clubbed him,like a baby seal too......and his wife as well...
.......Flame on....:p
Ummmmm..........I would debat this over a beer with ya.......but not here :D
Both sides had some issues...........

468miller
12-01-2007, 04:11 PM
hmmm since when do we just walk away from the cops when there talking to us...........:idea:

LEADFOOTjosh
12-01-2007, 04:15 PM
hmmm since when do we just walk away from the cops when there talking to us...........:idea:
maybe.. being tazerd is better than being shot...

Jbb
12-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Ummmmm..........I would debat this over a beer with ya.......but not here :D
Both sides had some issues...........
:jawdrop: .....Dont hurt me now......:D :D

Ultracrazy
12-01-2007, 04:19 PM
:jawdrop: .....Dont hurt me now......:D :D
:D Now, now..........just saying that an intelligent conversation in this place would be a waste of time :eek:

CARLSON-JET
12-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Officer = as$hole
Driver = idiot
a$$hole + idiot + video camera = priceless comedy :jawdrop:

Liquid Courage
12-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Here's a few issues I have with your opinion on this...
Do you see the driver favoring his right pocket and refusing to comply with the officers orders? That's a red flag.
Here's the choices at that point. you tell me what would be better
1) Taser
2) pepper spray
3) baton
4) go hands on and take the driver to the ground forcibly
5) let this guy, who is favoring his right pocket, not complying with orders and actively resisting (walking away), go back to his car.
Now you can sit there and argue that going back to the car is no biggie but the officer didn't know this driver (who you sarcastically say is a real threat) and doesn't know his history or who he is. Just because he doesn't have prison tattoos or looks like a gangbanger doesn't mean he didn't just kill someone an hour ago.
I always use the thought process of this:
I've never been shot by the police. I've never been tasered or beat or mis-treated except the occassional grumpy officer. You know why I've never experienced this? Because I'm polite and respectful and know that the court system is the right forum to argue a matter. Not at the scene with the officer.
Could the officer handled it differently? Most likely.
Was there some mis-understanding and communication between the two men? Yes, it appears so (officer brought the guy out arrest. Driver thought he was exiting to argue more).
All I'm saying is dont judge unless you're part of the investigation and have all facts.
Just my .02.

boatnam2
12-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Officer = as$hole
Driver = idiot
You said it right, plus the guy was reaching in his pocket while walking away.

CARLSON-JET
12-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Hands going towards pocket is just just ONE of the reasons he is an idiot. I have to say I might have felt uncomfortable with that scenario had I been the officer in the situation. Good stuff though. :devil:

Kindsvater Flat
12-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Man To Sue Highway Patrol After Traffic Stop Tasing
Last Update: 11/20 11:28 pm
Print Story | Email Story
Man To Sue Highway Patrol After Tasing
Related Links
YouTube Video Link
The man refused to sign a ticket for allegedly speeding and after that a Utah Highway Patrol trooper tased him in front of his pregnant wife and baby.
Now the man is planning to file a lawsuit against the Utah Highway Patrol.
Jared Massey may or may not have been speeding but he was arrested when he refused to sign the speeding ticket, not knowing he had to. Now you can see it all unfold on Youtube.
Massey says, “I thought he was going to go after someone on the other side.”
Jared Massey says he was already slowing down as he approached this 40 mile per hour sign in a construction zone outside of vernal on September 14th.
But then trooper John Gardner pulled him over.
“How you doing, going kind of fast, license and registration.”
Massey was asked how fast he was going. The two exchanged words we can’t hear because of traffic going by but after about a minute trooper Gardner goes back to his car, and returns with a ticket.
Massey is asked to sign the ticket but refuses. Trooper Gardner asks him to exit the SUV.
At this point, Massey says he thought they would talk about the circumstances.
Massey fell flat on his back as he was tased. His pregnant wife, Lauren, came out of the car screaming.
“I see this guy pull gun on me,” says Massey. “I thought it was a real gun.”
Trooper Gardner had ordered Massey to turn around and place his hands behind him twice, and it is an officer’s prerogative whether to arrest someone for not signing a ticket.
Jeff Nigbur from the Utah Highway Patrol says, “It’s easy for us to say this is what he should have done, but other hand could have felt very threatened.”
The Utah Highway Patrol tells us it will speed up the internal investigation based on a complaint Massey filed two months ago. They will also look at the use of the taser.
“We take using taser very seriously,” says Trooper Nigbur.
But for the moment Trooper Gardner is still on the job and Massey thinks his demeanor at the end of tape says everything people need to know.
Trooper Gardner is heard on the tape saying, “He was over there jumping around...I said, ‘naw, not going to play that game.’ I pulled out the taser, ‘turn around right now or I tase you.’ I tased him.”
If Trooper Garner is found to have acted inappropriately it is highly unlikely he will lose his job.
As for Massey, all charges except for the speeding ticket have been dropped.

4trax
12-01-2007, 04:43 PM
That is total BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: He was putting his wallet back in his pocket and then the cop don't bother moving both him and himself to safety like on the ditch side. Then walks away leaving him lay there for some car or truck to run over him. Don't bother picking him up and putting him the squad first. I hope this guy sues the shit out this guy and or county/state. These are letting the badge go to there heads.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BoatPI
12-01-2007, 04:48 PM
A much greater idiot exists....................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyvrqcxNIFs&feature=related

4trax
12-01-2007, 04:52 PM
That cop out right lied to the other cop and good thing that's on video for the tasered guy.

XtrmWakeborder
12-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Hmm can't say that i'm too fond of cops, but when you start walking to the car when a cop tells you to stop and put ur hands behind ur back I have to agree with the decision. What if the cop let him walk back to the car and he brought out a gun?

4trax
12-01-2007, 05:00 PM
WOW!!!! That's a definite win there. Hope he gets lot's of money and jobs also!

XtrmWakeborder
12-01-2007, 05:01 PM
lol "I said I would leave" after every time he got tazed...then he wouldn't move

4trax
12-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Hmm can't say that i'm too fond of cops, but when you start walking to the car when a cop tells you to stop and put ur hands behind ur back I have to agree with the decision. What if the cop let him walk back to the car and he brought out a gun?
You could see he was scared and thought is this for real?????????? As he was putting his wallet back in his back pocket.

XtrmWakeborder
12-01-2007, 05:05 PM
You could see he was scared and thought is this for real?????????? As he was putting his wallet back in his back pocket.
LOL I don't care if he crapped his pants. The officer told him to stay put. I would have done the same thing. He's lucky the officer had a tazer. I'm not going to risk my life thinking hey this guy looks like a family man that's just scared and let him walk back to his vehicle.

Ultracrazy
12-01-2007, 05:13 PM
That is total BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: He was putting his wallet back in his pocket and then the cop don't bother moving both him and himself to safety like on the ditch side. Then walks away leaving him lay there for some car or truck to run over him. Don't bother picking him up and putting him the squad first. I hope this guy sues the shit out this guy and or county/state. These are letting the badge go to there heads.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
That's what I'm talking about JBB............

Jbb
12-01-2007, 05:16 PM
That's what I'm talking about JBB............
:D :D
Point taken.........grrrrrrr:D

Ultracrazy
12-01-2007, 05:26 PM
:D :D
Point taken.........grrrrrrr:D
;)

mike37
12-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I gotta say i am usually one the cops side but this time i think the cop acted a Little hastily
the video didn't show me any thing that would make me tazer him
but i was not there ether

OKIE-JET
12-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Well im not usually on the cops side, but the first video showed me....hands in the pocket, walking away.....he got what was comin. The second video......fockin stand up already.:rolleyes:

photo chick
12-01-2007, 06:27 PM
I have more than a few tickets and I can tell you I've never back talked an officer. You do what they tell you to and don't move around more than you need to, you definitely don't turn and walk away from him when he's pointing a gun at you and telling you to get down. The court room is where you argue, this man looked old enough to know better. What does the point his wife was pregnant have to do with anything? He should've listened to the cop even more so if his child was watching. So he teaches his kid to argue with authority....nice! Sorry Jbb but you are way off base here!! IMO!

Moneypitt
12-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Sign the ticket, argue it in court..Simple......Sign it or be arrested......What a moron.......The cop....Well, he could've done it different, but unlike So Ca where there are 3 cops to every stop, it took his back up awhile to get there......I say the driver got what was coming to him because he was so stupid...Sign the ticket, argue later.............MP

AZJD
12-01-2007, 06:40 PM
I would have started by tasering the wife first.....
He deserved it!

BoatPI
12-01-2007, 07:22 PM
The most famous one...well except for Rodney.

Jbb
12-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I have more than a few tickets and I can tell you I've never back talked an officer. You do what they tell you to and don't move around more than you need to, you definitely don't turn and walk away from him when he's pointing a gun at you and telling you to get down. The court room is where you argue, this man looked old enough to know better. What does the point his wife was pregnant have to do with anything? He should've listened to the cop even more so if his child was watching. So he teaches his kid to argue with authority....nice! Sorry Jbb but you are way off base here!! IMO!
Nope

BoatPI
12-01-2007, 07:25 PM
On a VERY serious side...many years ago I lit up a PCP dude, he was hit with two tasers an once, 4 darts at 50,000 volts per taser.
He went to his knees, leans back, darts all sparking like Godzilla in electrical wires, and pulled out all of the darts then stood up for a fight &*&^^%%$%^*&^%^!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew we had a problem.

photo chick
12-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Nope
yep I think so! :devil:

Jbb
12-01-2007, 07:30 PM
yep I think so! :devil:
Ok.......I guess we will wait, and see what happens in court...:)

photo chick
12-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok.......I guess we will wait, and see what happens in court...:)
Ok I'll see ya there! ;)

repo man
12-01-2007, 07:40 PM
maybe.. being tazerd is better than being shot...
yhea shooting him in the back would have been even better. at least the video would be even rated higher on you tube. a badge doesn't give you a reason to be an asshole.

Ultracrazy
12-01-2007, 07:45 PM
yhea shooting him in the back would have been even better. at least the video would be even rated higher on you tube. a badge doesn't give you a reason to be an asshole.
And a drivers license doesn't give you the right to be an idiot. He is very lucky he didn't get more. If he signs the ticket.........this never happens.
I'm not taking sides.........both could have made this a lot easier.

Jbb
12-01-2007, 07:49 PM
That's how we roll in Utah! :220v:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7554/cigarcowboyig8.gif (http://imageshack.us)
:D :D :D
How does one roll.... anything,....without thumbs...?

riverroyal
12-01-2007, 07:51 PM
what kinda cop stands on the driver side with traffic,isnt that incorrect?

Jbb
12-01-2007, 07:51 PM
And a drivers license doesn't give you the right to be an idiot. He is very lucky he didn't get more. If he signs the ticket.........this never happens.
I'm not taking sides.........both could have made this a lot easier.
Yeah, yeah...that cop should have lit him on fire too......He should get a medal.....
To protect & Serve.... :p

Ultracrazy
12-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Chips won't do that........but this is Utah. Not sure.

riverroyal
12-01-2007, 07:53 PM
and he teasers him near the road with traffic going by,I hope he sues

Jbb
12-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Dont question that officers tactics...He's a trained professional......You should be tazed for bringing that up.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzapppppppppp:)

riverroyal
12-01-2007, 07:54 PM
he lies to his cop friend....nice video:D

riverroyal
12-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Dont question that officers tactics...He's a trained professional......You shaould be tazed for bringing that up.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzapppppppppp:)
sleepy,maybe a zap would be nice

riverroyal
12-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Here in Utah, Jesus watches over us [URL=http://imageshack.us]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8075/angelicsp7.gif[/URL
:D
to have more wives:D

Jbb
12-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Here in Utah, Jesus watches over us http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8075/angelicsp7.gif (http://imageshack.us)
So you are sayin it's ....8 to 5 That Jesus would have zapped him?......:)

repo man
12-01-2007, 08:05 PM
trust me i deal with more cops than most cops do. some cops become cops to get even with the world because the got NO respect as adolescents so they think the badge makes them tuff ,important , powerful ect. other cops were cool their entire lives so the don't have the attitude that leads to most of these problems . " what's the ticket for" " I'm not going to tell you,but if you don't sign it I'm going to fu@* you up'' . and you don't see anything wrong with that.

H20Advantage
12-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Actually for Taser purposes the back is the best area to shoot someone with one. The taser is designed to be a pain and muscle compliance tool. The electrical current generated cases the muscles to seize.
The 50,000 volts they talk about is only at the very tip of the taser. That is the amount of current needed to make the arc between the contact points. The amount of electricty entering the body is much less.
Bottom line is if an arrest is going to be made the police are given the right to use whatever force is necessary to effect that arrest.
So what if the officer went hands on with this guy, fell and tore a ligament in his knee or hurt his back ending his career and then the suspect later only gets a slap on the wrist. I would use the taser instead thats what is was issued for.

Jbb
12-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Actually for Taser purposes the back is the best area to shoot someone with one. The taser is designed to be a pain and muscle compliance tool. The electrical current generated cases the muscles to seize.
Is the best area in the back.....in the traffic lane.....:idea:

Jbb
12-01-2007, 08:09 PM
WWJBBD ? :D
I hesitate to say....:p

YeLLowBoaT
12-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Well that guy has some money coming to him.
oh yeah in Utah you legally don't have to sign the ticket... so the officer could have just written " refuesed to sign" and sent him on his merry way or cite him for refusle to sign or cite and arrest...

H20Advantage
12-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Is the best area in the back.....in the traffic lane.....:idea:
He picked the spot to be non compliant. But a back shot will drop him straight down.
Now as for the passing motorist when L.E. have someone pulled over they should be pulling over into the next lane.
I'm not saying the tactics or the presentation could not be improved on the officers part but the taser use was justified by generally accepted police procedures.

Liquid Courage
12-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey JBB, look at it this way. The next time you're an azzhole to a cop and dont listen to what he orders you to do, you know what's coming next. Think of it as f*ck tard training!

repo man
12-01-2007, 08:29 PM
how about telling him what the ticket is for before going to the taser? how about your under arrest ? schemes like a lot of steps were skipped leading up to the tasering.

Mardonzi
12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
OK,, the guy gets pulled over for speeding, Massey admits to the cop that he was driving at 68 mph in a 40 mph zone. That right there is justification for an arrest. (more than 20 mph over the posted limit). The cop issues him a citation only and Massey refused to sign that he would appear. The exact verbage used is "by signing this citiation, you are not admitting guilt. All your signature signifies is a promise to appear". (at least every ticket I've ever gotten by UHP has been handled this way).
The cop in question is 5'7 and like 165 where Massey is 6'+ and 200. A physical takedown is NOT the first option in my opinion. The guy is refusing to comply, during the act of apprehension/ arrest. The only thing the UHP guy is guilty of is hamming it up for his buddy when he shows up.
Even if the cop is being a total dick, that is not the time or place to push the issue.
I say Tase him again,, batteries are cheap

Mardonzi
12-01-2007, 08:35 PM
how about telling him what the ticket is for before going to the taser? how about your under arrest ? schemes like a lot of steps were skipped leading up to the tasering.
The posted YouTube video isn't the complete vid,, it was edited. He was told, and was told he was being put under arrest.

Mardonzi
12-01-2007, 08:37 PM
The part that disgusts me is that UHP has had to put this guy on administrative leave due to specific death threats to him and his family due to the posting and selective interpitation of the video...

4trax
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
trust me i deal with more cops than most cops do. some cops become cops to get even with the world because the got NO respect as adolescents so they think the badge makes them tuff ,important , powerful ect. other cops were cool their entire lives so the don't have the attitude that leads to most of these problems . " what's the ticket for" " I'm not going to tell you,but if you don't sign it I'm going to fu@* you up'' . and you don't see anything wrong with that.
EXACTLY!!!!! I couldn't said better!!!!!!!!!!!

YeLLowBoaT
12-01-2007, 09:02 PM
The posted YouTube video isn't the complete vid,, it was edited. He was told, and was told he was being put under arrest.
youtube limits the lengths of videos to under 10 mins
if you look at the clouds you can tell that there was along peroid of time cut out between when the officer comes back to the car and going back. judging by how fast the clouds were moving its 5-10 mins... which would be about right to run a plate/ warrent search and write up a ticket. Also have you watched part 3? where several officers were joking about him "taking a ride on the taser" Yeah professionalism at its finest there. Also watch some of the news clips where they are talking to the UHP spokesmen... kind of funny when they ask him "are you doing anything diffrent since this was posted on yourtube?" "no" Then he beats around the bush for a min, saying what might happen... blah blah blah. Then admits that they have expedited the review...

YeLLowBoaT
12-01-2007, 09:19 PM
The article said that if you refuse to sign a ticket, the officer has the discretion to arrest you. Is that incorrect?
thats what I said...

Ultracrazy
12-01-2007, 09:32 PM
EXACTLY!!!!! I couldn't said better!!!!!!!!!!!
Please Jbb.........let me tase them :D

Moneypitt
12-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh, I misread your post. I guess you do "legally" have to sign the ticket, because if you don't it's enough of a criminal offense that you can be arrested. :D
We all know signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt....Sign the damn thing and continue on.......Or be a stupid moron, argue with the cop, argue with the cop somemore, refuse to comply with the cops orders, get ZAPPED.......Cut and dried, he was a dumb shit and was treated like a dumb shit......Case closed............MP

JAY4SPEED
12-01-2007, 11:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/aloysius/cartman.jpg

westair
12-01-2007, 11:35 PM
We all know signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt....Sign the damn thing and continue on.......Or be a stupid moron, argue with the cop, argue with the cop somemore, refuse to comply with the cops orders, get ZAPPED.......Cut and dried, he was a dumb shit and was treated like a dumb shit......Case closed............MP
Its as simple as that, not rocket science ....... the guy was an idiot.

Jbb
12-02-2007, 02:50 AM
Case closed?......we'll see....:D

Jbb
12-02-2007, 02:51 AM
You turn your back on a cop, you get what you get.
Yes Bob.....He really should have just shot him at that point.....Bang!...:D

Jbb
12-02-2007, 02:54 AM
Hey JBB, look at it this way. The next time you're an azzhole to a cop and dont listen to what he orders you to do, you know what's coming next. Think of it as f*ck tard training!
I'll keep that in mind.....:rolleyes:

Jbb
12-02-2007, 02:55 AM
OK,, the guy gets pulled over for speeding, Massey admits to the cop that he was driving at 68 mph in a 40 mph zone. That right there is justification for an arrest. (more than 20 mph over the posted limit). The cop issues him a citation only and Massey refused to sign that he would appear. The exact verbage used is "by signing this citiation, you are not admitting guilt. All your signature signifies is a promise to appear". (at least every ticket I've ever gotten by UHP has been handled this way).
The cop in question is 5'7 and like 165 where Massey is 6'+ and 200. A physical takedown is NOT the first option in my opinion. The guy is refusing to comply, during the act of apprehension/ arrest. The only thing the UHP guy is guilty of is hamming it up for his buddy when he shows up.
Even if the cop is being a total dick, that is not the time or place to push the issue.
I say Tase him again,, batteries are cheap
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz...:jawdrop:

Jbb
12-02-2007, 02:56 AM
The part that disgusts me is that UHP has had to put this guy on administrative leave due to specific death threats to him and his family due to the posting and selective interpitation of the video...
Disgusting......

Jbb
12-02-2007, 03:01 AM
Its as simple as that, not rocket science ....... the guy was an idiot.
Yes......:p

WestTNRiverRat
12-02-2007, 03:26 AM
Give the cop a break, it's Utah. All 9 of his wives were probably on the rag that week. :D

boaterh
12-02-2007, 06:06 AM
No wonder the cops get shot in some of those instances, too bad the guy didn't have a piece.

photo chick
12-02-2007, 06:18 AM
When he asked him to sign it he told him it was for speeding then the driver says "First you're gonna show me where the speed limit sign is".... excuse me? Since when do we argue with the cop and tell him to take us to the speed limit sign? This guy argued from the very beginning, the little cop was by himself, he had every right to do what he did. I think he could have done a few things differently though. Why should this motorist now be rewarded money? Did he loose tons of money while being pulled over for breaking the law?

vdrivenman
12-02-2007, 07:17 AM
i have proudly been in LE since 1973. i take my job seriously as do most.
i would not come to your job after you had to make a decision and acted upon it and bust your chops about it! you did what you thought was best and applied at that time!
i don't know your job! that is what you do and get paid to make those decisions.what gives me the right to second guess you,NONE!
so why is it when a LE makes a decision and does something on his job that all the arm chair QB's come out of the wood work???
each sititation is unique and to its own and we weren't there and even if we were as we all know everyone see's someting different !

photo chick
12-02-2007, 07:30 AM
i have proudly been in LE since 1973. i take my job seriously as do most.
i would not come to your job after you had to make a decision and acted upon it and bust your chops about it! you did what you thought was best and applied at that time!
i don't know your job! that is what you do and get paid to make those decisions.what gives me the right to second guess you,NONE!
so why is it when a LE makes a decision and does something on his job that all the arm chair QB's come out of the wood work???
each sititation is unique and to its own and we weren't there and even if we were as we all know everyone see's someting different !
Exactly!!! Now about all those tickets I seem to get here in our state....Help!! Just kidding! ;) :D

vdrivenman
12-02-2007, 07:37 AM
contrary to what some folks beleive we DO get tickets. i've received them from Texas Troopers,city pd's, and out of state officers!
i take um,pay my fine and go on about my bitnezz !!

Liquid Courage
12-02-2007, 08:24 AM
No wonder the cops get shot in some of those instances, too bad the guy didn't have a piece.
Nice:rolleyes: Refer to my f*ck tard training post. With an attitude like that, you're going to need it!

25dic
12-02-2007, 08:29 AM
If we start tazing people for being A**holes, tards, idiots, etc... almost every single person on here would be getting tazed on a daily basis (real lucky we do not have one attached to our keyboards). That guys Lawyer is going to tear that cop up in court. He was not in fear of his life, hence turning his back on him to put his ticket book down, not in fear of what might be in the car, since the wife was running around and could have come out with a gun and shot him anytime. He was scared enough to draw his gun but was OK once she was back in the car. If he was so "right" to arrest the guy why did they drop all charges besides the ticket. I wonder how the state of Utah phrased it, sorry we tazed you, sorry we scared the shiat out of your wife, but we are going to drop the charges our officer felt so "right" to arrest you for. How about one of the fine officers on here pick apart the video on all of the procedural mistakes the officer made, as if they are the expert witness for the tazer victim. The fine state of Utah will not even bring the case to court and will settle out for a chunk of change.

Dribble
12-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Officer = as$hole
Driver = idiot
That pretty well sums it up.

boatseller2
12-02-2007, 09:35 AM
You don't want to get lit up like a christmas tree, do what the nice man tells you to do. You can always argue about it later in court.
Back in the late 70's early 80's I worked as a Highway Patrolman in AZ for almost 9 years, I worked I-10 from west of Benson to the NM state line. 65 miles of I-10 and 125 miles of 2 lane road. 2 patrolmen, 1 for days, 1 for nights. Nearest backup was Tucson. No time to discuss the situation, and I wouldn't argue the case on the side of the road. We had no Tasers, which meant physical altercations. That crap takes it toll after awhile. Just sign the damn ticket, go on your way and argue about it later.
If you haven't been there in the LE's shoes, just think about what his thought processes are, do what he says, and you won't have to do the funky chicken on the roadway.

Warlockjer
12-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Not a real BRIGHT statement.......

westair
12-02-2007, 09:48 AM
The guy was as annoying as hell ...... lucky he was only tasered, I would have shot him!!:D

mike37
12-02-2007, 09:54 AM
If I was on a jury i would be against the cop in this case
i just don't see the need to taze him in this case
the cop made no attempt to calm him down
I'm always on the cops side but not this time

LOWRIVER2
12-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Gotta love the HOT BOAT POLICE ARM CHAIR QUARTERBACK SQUAD!
Since I've come here in 01, this peanut gallery never changes, too funny. I'm glad Brian can find all these videos, I sure as hell don't have the time to find 'em.
Now, if Brian could put some of that time into painting all of his toys anything other than teal and pink, we'd really have something to talk about.
Let the gallery continue, I learned long ago it's worth NOTHING to input ANYTHING into this forum when you actually deal with something that's discussed, too many internet "experts" to refute any real world experience one might have.
That being said, I'll go over to gear heads and lambast Superdave and Infomaniac about valve train selection since I have the same experience with that as most here have with police work.....very little/LOL!
Rant on, remember, it's hot boat: land of the mentally challenged and quick to type fast without thinking squad.
T

Schiada76
12-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Whenever I'm pulled over I figure the officer might have just dealt with some extreme scumbag that has left his patience very thin and conduct my behavior accordingly.:D

Dribble
12-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Here's a thought. When a cop tells you that you're under arrest (even if you don't think you should be arrested) you don't turn around and walk away. If you cooperate then you probably won't get shot or tasered. You might not even get taken to jail.
This guy is a total dumbass. Take your ticket (sign it to show that you did receive it) and argue it in court. If you lose, pay the fine and get on with your life.
That idiot's wife shouldn't allow him to breed with her anymore. We have enough mouth breathing, paste eaters as it is.

Moneypitt
12-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Whenever I'm pulled over I figure the office might have just dealt with some extreme scumbag that has left his patience very thin and conduct my behavior accordingly.:D
Cops are cops. Some great, some good, and some........not so good....BUT, regardless of their qualifications, their state of mind, and whether they got laid last night, they are going to win on the street. I am not pro cop, nor con cop.......Confrontations on the "beat" are something alot of cops live for. Not all......Some have the chip on their shoulder, some don't........I always try to make their job as easy as possible. Nothing threatening, absolute cooperation and respect. It is amazing how even the ones with the chip on their shoulder react to a respectful citizen. Not all police contacts have a good outcome, that is a fact. It is a tough job to do, don't make it any harder....If this moron gets a dime for his stupidity there is no justice...........MP

STV_Keith
12-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Gotta love the HOT BOAT POLICE ARM CHAIR QUARTERBACK SQUAD!T
Of course, what do you expect here? Most on this thread are from Kalifornistan, where the libs RULE. Question everything. Make everything a big deal. Blow it way out of proportion. LOL
Bottom line is if the guy complied with the person in charge of the situation (and if anyone thinks the cop isn't in charge of any situation they encounter, you're mistaken), and deal with the arguing later. He'd still have his lawyer involved, but he wouldn't have played flounder on the side of the road in front of his kid and wife.
He turned his back and started back to his vehicle, not complying with what the cop said to do. Sounds like fleeing and eluding about to take place (as soon as he gets back in that car). Can't let it escalate to that, so take the guy down. What's better - a ride on the tazer or being hit with a fist, baton, etc? Tazer hurts but has no lasting effect. Can't say that for a fist, baton or other. OBVIOUSLY words were not going to get this guy to comply.
He was not in fear of his life, hence turning his back on him to put his ticket book down, not in fear of what might be in the car, since the wife was running around and could have come out with a gun and shot him anytime. He was scared enough to draw his gun but was OK once she was back in the car.
Go back and watch the video again. The cop went to his car to put his ticket book down, and kept looking back at the guy as he heard him exit the car. Made sure the guy wasn't charging him, but still put the book down.
And the wife, he never drew his gun...he had his handcuffs in his hand at the time.
BTW, here in NV, you no longer have to sign the ticket...it prints out and they just give it to you. Perhaps this is one step in avoiding these types of confrontations...but then you know what comes next... "I never got a ticket."

Jbb
12-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Of course, what do you expect here? Most on this thread are from Kalifornistan, where the libs RULE. Question everything. Make everything a big deal. Blow it way out of proportion. LOL
Bottom line is if the guy complied with the person in charge of the situation (and if anyone thinks the cop isn't in charge of any situation they encounter, you're mistaken), and deal with the arguing later. He'd still have his lawyer involved, but he wouldn't have played flounder on the side of the road in front of his kid and wife.
He turned his back and started back to his vehicle, not complying with what the cop said to do. Sounds like fleeing and eluding about to take place (as soon as he gets back in that car). Can't let it escalate to that, so take the guy down. What's better - a ride on the tazer or being hit with a fist, baton, etc? Tazer hurts but has no lasting effect. Can't say that for a fist, baton or other. OBVIOUSLY words were not going to get this guy to comply.
Go back and watch the video again. The cop went to his car to put his ticket book down, and kept looking back at the guy as he heard him exit the car. Made sure the guy wasn't charging him, but still put the book down.
And the wife, he never drew his gun...he had his handcuffs in his hand at the time.
BTW, here in NV, you no longer have to sign the ticket...it prints out and they just give it to you. Perhaps this is one step in avoiding these types of confrontations...but then you know what comes next... "I never got a ticket."
lol....lock and load...:p

Jbb
12-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Since I've come here in 01, this peanut gallery never changes, too funny. I'm glad Brian can find all these videos, I sure as hell don't have the time to find 'em.
Now, if Brian could put some of that time into painting all of his toys anything other than teal and pink, we'd really have something to talk about.
Let the gallery continue, I learned long ago it's worth NOTHING to input ANYTHING into this forum when you actually deal with something that's discussed, too many internet "experts" to refute any real world experience one might have.
That being said, I'll go over to gear heads and lambast Superdave and Infomaniac about valve train selection since I have the same experience with that as most here have with police work.....very little/LOL!
Rant on, remember, it's hot boat: land of the mentally challenged and quick to type fast without thinking squad.
T
I thought you liked teal & pink....:jawdrop:
Happy Holidays Gary.......J.."mentally challenged and quick to type fast without thinking" ..BB
:p

talkinghead
12-02-2007, 01:38 PM
When dealing with the police (as an accused) I believe the best policy is to say absolutely nothing.
If the police ask questions, I just say I have no comment unless you are absolutely sure any statements will not incriminate you.
You always have the right to remain silent.
In general, nothing you can say will get you out of trouble even if that is suggested or they act like a friend (I do not consider the police to be a 'friendly' in any way shape or form).
The average citizen (law abiding or not), has little power against the police or the state.
Use the rights that you do have - including the right not to speak to the police.

thatguy
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
You better, you sumbitch!
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8218/jbbbufordih7.gif (http://imageshack.us)
Bilge, How DO you do it?? :D :D :D
Another work of art!
Tommy

Moneypitt
12-02-2007, 02:33 PM
The majority of your posts seem extremely pro cop.
Well you certainly don't know me........I AM pro common sense, I am not pro cop. The majority of the time a cop makes a traffic stop he/she is looking to further their career with some sort of criminal arrest above and beyond the traffic infraction that allowed the stop.......A trafic stop is just "probable cause" to hassle, search, run a check, look for DUI or dope, or all the above.....On that note, lets look at: Tinted windows, no front plate, lic plate light out, broken tail light lens, one headlight, anything hanging from the inside mirror, fancy clear over lic plate, blue headlights, no seat belt, speeding, illegal u turns, parking over the sidewalk, (in your own driveway), coffee can exhaust on rice burner cars, high vehicles, low vehicles, loud vehicles, cracked windshields, throwing lit butts out the window, littering, towing over 55, trailer lights, etc etc.......All probable cause for further investigation by the police......In some local towns here just being on the street after 11 pm is good for a stop and look over, check out.....Fair, hell no! Legal? If you give them an "in" by one of the above, yes legal. In this case it was pure stupidity on the part of the "stoppee", and the "stopper" used his badge and zapper to take advantage of the stupid part..........Again, "probable cause" in this case was stupid. Another time it could be an arm full of tats, shaved head, loose bagy pants......the list goes on and on. Bottom line, you aint gonna win on the side of the road. Take the fight to court. Highly un likely you'll get zapped in court........Pro cop, ha, that is a laugh..........MP

LOWRIVER2
12-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I like these threads, get to know who is anti cop and to make sure to tell fellow LEO's where not to spend their money at.
Thanks to all who show their true colors and try to do business here, makes deciding where to spend money easy/lol.
Brian, I was kidding, you have progressed to other colors, put up that one photo where the who floatilla and toy collection is all teal to match the house and lawn. Nice regardless.
Low-don't ass-ume my thoughts on this one or any other LEO stuff-River

lucky
12-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Officer ---
"so do you know why i pulled you over ?"
dude----- " cause you found out i dorkin your wife ?" :D

Jbb
12-02-2007, 03:18 PM
I like these threads, get to know who is anti cop and to make sure to tell fellow LEO's where not to spend their money at.
Thanks to all who show their true colors and try to do business here, makes deciding where to spend money easy/lol.
Brian, I was kidding, you have progressed to other colors, put up that one photo where the who floatilla and toy collection is all teal to match the house and lawn. Nice regardless.
Aaaaaaahhh my spring loaded to the fight position friend.......Why is it........If someone comments that what he see's on video, is, in his ...totally unprofessional, layman's mind......dead wrong......does that make him ....anti cop?......and worthy of police boycott?....:jawdrop:
This all or none mentality...is so over.....:D ....Let me be the first to enlighten you......there are some cops ..that are total assholes,......and dont deserve the badge they carry....let alone the respect they think they deserve......I hope to think they are in the small minority....I speak of this ...from experience......I have run across a few in my life .........that had a chip the size of you're ego on their shoulder...:D ....I have had a few be forced to apologize to me for their actions as well......I dont argue.... but I do follow up.....and when necessary, argue my point in court....
That being said .....I have been pulled over while being dead wrong....and given a break.....and told to have a nice day....
The cops that are bad....need to be identified, and replaced...
And to those who say ...I try to be extra nice ...just in case the person before me was being rude to the cop......makes me laugh....A professional leaves his issues at the door.....My boss isn't interested in my marital issues.....wheather I feel bad....dont want to be there that day.....No...He expects me to do my job in a professional manner...period......Should the same not be expected by those sworn to protect ....and serve?..I think so....
The fact that a cop may be stressed over any variety of issues, is of no concern to me.....Im sure all the stress you guys encounter, .....was mentioned to you long before you were qualified to put on a badge...No one forced that line of work on you.....
Bottom line......Its not really Us.....against you.....One day I sincerely hope you come to realize that...You reach for the...."everybody hates cops card"......a little too often......again...Happy Holidays ...and Be Safe.......PS.....My current boat is Blue...:D

Jbb
12-02-2007, 03:24 PM
I just realized why most of your posts are two words or fewer. :D
Well said.
I'll try harder for you Bob, or not...:D
Thank you.

thatguy
12-02-2007, 03:46 PM
:sleeping: :rolleyes: :sleeping:

jdf
12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
dam jbb you can type more than five word's .....did you get my x-mas gift

LOWRIVER2
12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Once again Brian, you over shot your point. I won't mention one iota of my reality based experience on this subject. As for my ego? Surprising statements from you. Guess that's why you never mention to me when you're in So. cal. Glad the air is cleared.
There are a lot of guys on this site that are anti cop EVERY TIME anything is mentioned about LE work. The same guys that are dumb enough to do this have businesses that promote products that are boat related and, as you know, a lot of us have boats and are the ones during the slow times like now that actually still buy stuff. Why would any of us support someone who dislikes us based on our jobs? Think about it. I'm sure KB likes reading this too and I'd bet he's on my side of this coin.
Rant on JBB and thanks for the patronizing, appreciated. :rolleyes:
Glad to see the real colors here.
Look out, here come the little crybaby pot shots from all the pot head members who've been here a whopping year/ go post away hot boat rookies/LOL!

Liquid Courage
12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
This all or none mentality...is so over.....:D ....Let me be the first to enlighten you......there are some cops ..that are total assholes,......and dont deserve the badge they carry....let alone the respect they think they deserve......I hope to think they are in the small minority....I speak of this ...from experience......I have run across a few in my life .........that had a chip the size of you're ego on their shoulder...:D ....I have had a few be forced to apologize to me for their actions as well......I dont argue.... but I do follow up.....and when necessary, argue my point in court....
That being said .....I have been pulled over while being dead wrong....and given a break.....and told to have a nice day....
The cops that are bad....need to be identified, and replaced...
And to those who say ...I try to be extra nice ...just in case the person before me was being rude to the cop......makes me laugh....A professional leaves his issues at the door.....My boss isn't interested in my marital issues.....wheather I feel bad....dont want to be there that day.....No...He expects me to do my job in a professional manner...period......Should the same not be expected by those sworn to protect ....and serve?..I think so....
The fact that a cop may be stressed over any variety of issues, is of no concern to me.....Im sure all the stress you guys encounter, .....was mentioned to you long before you were qualified to put on a badge...No one forced that line of work on you.....
WOW! That is probably the first point youve made on this thread I agree with. Good post. However, there is the "all or nothing" outlook that you refer to on the other side of this thread too. The whol "f*ck the police" attitude just goes to show there will always be those out there that have no consideration, thought process or clue of the big picture.
Yes, every police officer across the nation should be held accountable for his/her actions and should present themselves in a professional manner at all times...SO SHOULD THE PUBLIC THEY DEAL WITH. It's a mutual respect for another human being issue. And if you're head is so far up your azz to actually group all police together in one lump group of azzholes then well again...You're just clueless.
The point of this thread...the taser video. Right or wrong on the cop. Some say right, some say wrong. Again, from what I see. It could've been hanlded better on both subjects parts. But it doesn't change the fact that if the officer involved can articulate in his report why he tasered this guy and explain it to the people WHOS OPINIONS MATTER, then he'll be fine. End of story. Don't assume you know all the fact just because you watch it on some video on youtube.

LOWRIVER2
12-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Nah shockwave bob, you already screwed a deputy out of some stereo equipment about two years ago. We got your number and your business practices talked about and made aware of.
Thanks

LOWRIVER2
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Wow, hit a little close to the bone there Mr. Bob?
Now I won't lose composure on an internet site so you go and do whatever it is you do that makes it easy to hide from reality and facts.
No need for vulgar language here. Might wanna learn to control your temper there.
The above is an example of controlling your emotions Mr. Bob, might take some notes
LOL
Reality makes the blood boil I see.
Tough talk is one thing, if you can 't handle the heat, don't make crass remarks about others buddy.

Liquid Courage
12-02-2007, 04:11 PM
That's some typical cop mentality bullshit right there. I'm not entitled to my opinion. I have to have your opinion or you're going to boycott me. I wish I did something that he might want to buy, so I could tell him to take his work and his money and shove it up his ass. But, in a nice manner so as not to get tazered.
There's a difference between an opinion that the cop in the video was wrong to taze and the opinion that some post on here that "too bad the driver didn't have a gun", "I'm far from pro-cop", "I don't consider the police to be a "friendly" by any means" etc. etc. It's the hostility towards ALL LE that LR2 is refering too I assume.

LOWRIVER2
12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't go out of my way looking to tangle with civilians these days Bob, but if you feel so inclined to start something when I'm around, bring it. I'm not one to call names, I'll make sure to ID myself if I ever am told who you are at some event where we're both at.
That being said, again, I'm not commenting on this video in any way, just the knee jerking that goes on around here without any real deduction of facts/issues behind the incident and what led up to it (any incident)

Dribble
12-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I think it's a pretty safe bet that most on this sight are pro law enforcement, conservative republican types. And BTW. Three out of the last four Governors of "Kalifornistan" have been Republican. The lone Democrat was recalled halfway through his second term. Nevada is only batting .500 as only two of the last four Governors were Republican. Damn liberals.

Liquid Courage
12-02-2007, 04:18 PM
First, I didn't watch the video. I rarely watch videos posted on HB. Second, I didn't say anything about "too bad he didn't have a gun." My only comment was "you turn your back on a cop, you get what you get."
LE, mostly, is hostile. You reap what you sow.
And I don't recall LR2 said anything directly to you before you began addressing him directly.
Reference your last comment. I would have to disagree with you 100% in regard to most LE being hostile. but agree with you 100% on "you reap what you sow". Have you ever thought it's your own attitude towards others that causes LE to be hostile towards you (if that is the case). I would assume you are only refering to first hand accounts with LE and not have an opinion of such large grandure on something that didnt directly affect you.

LOWRIVER2
12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Talk is talk Bob, reality is I'm a PM away if you want to discuss something or more.

LOWRIVER2
12-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Talk is good but more is okay too. Do what you gotta do.

Liquid Courage
12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
I am speaking of incidents which directly involved me or those that I have witnessed that did not involve me in the least. My exposure is fairly limited to mostly routine stuff, with one notable exception, but I would say that 90-95% of all my LE contact has been negative. Could I have contributed to that? I'm sure I did. I'm a product of my environment.
Well, considering you have enough common sense to realize "it takes two to tango" I'm suprised you lump a vast majority of people into one group. I know I'm not going to change your opinion on this but I can say that your assumption is wrong. Not all, not 90-95%, not half, not even 1/10th of LE is bad. 90-95% of officers out there thrive on helping others and would even give their lives for others. I'm not saying you should go hug the next cop you see, or even like them. But theres a lack of mutual respect for others that this nation seems to have lost somewhere along the road that if returned, would change the way the public is treated by LE and LE is treated by the public. The only way to change this is one person at a time.

Liquid Courage
12-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Please don't mistake me saying that I've witnessed or had negative experiences as LE being "bad." I'm sure there's a whole bunch of good LEOs out there that have a less than sunny disposition. Frankly, I can't imagine doing that job and being in a good mood. Of all the LEOs I've ever dealt with, maybe one probably shouldn't have been on the job. Does that make me happy with the way they went about things? No. I've run across a lot of people that were hard to deal with, I'm sure I'm one of them, but that doesn't make them less proficient at their jobs. But, don't wonder why people hate you.
I wouldn't wonder why someone would hate me. I hold myself accountable for my actions.
I do however get puzzled and quite frankly perturbed when any group of people is lumped into one bias or prejudice opinion. It's just ignorant. And I really don't have much patients for ignorant people.

OKIE-JET
12-02-2007, 04:52 PM
And I really don't have much patients for ignorant people.
Kinda makes it tough hanging around HB sometimes......EH?:D

Liquid Courage
12-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Kinda makes it tough hanging around HB sometimes......EH?:D
Isnt' that the truth:eek:

Liquid Courage
12-02-2007, 04:56 PM
:D Now you know exactly how I feel most of the time. You know, when anybody with a suntan is an illegal that can't speak English and mooches off the system. ;)

INSman
12-02-2007, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't wonder why someone would hate me. I hold myself accountable for my actions.
I do however get puzzled and quite frankly perturbed when any group of people is lumped into one bias or prejudice opinion. It's just ignorant. And I really don't have much patients for ignorant people.
It's okay there lil' buddy, I like you Tank :D

Jbb
12-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Once again Brian, you over shot your point. I won't mention one iota of my reality based experience on this subject. As for my ego? Surprising statements from you. Guess that's why you never mention to me when you're in So. cal. Glad the air is cleared.
There are a lot of guys on this site that are anti cop EVERY TIME anything is mentioned about LE work. The same guys that are dumb enough to do this have businesses that promote products that are boat related and, as you know, a lot of us have boats and are the ones during the slow times like now that actually still buy stuff. Why would any of us support someone who dislikes us based on our jobs? Think about it. I'm sure KB likes reading this too and I'd bet he's on my side of this coin.
Rant on JBB and thanks for the patronizing, appreciated. :rolleyes:
Glad to see the real colors here.
Look out, here come the little crybaby pot shots from all the pot head members who've been here a whopping year/ go post away hot boat rookies/LOL!
Hmmmm....Not sure how to respond to this........we have known each other ...more or less...a long time........I have agreed with you......disagreed with you......and even argued my point on things with you over the years....but have never , ever showed you any disrespect ...or patronized you.....The ego comment was a kinda tongue in cheek joke.......pretty much mised the mark I guess..
You have also mentioned on more than one occasion my "true colors"....yep...they have pretty much been teal and pink all along...:idea:
Im acutely aware of the faction of cop haters out there......and correctly ignore them rather than argue with the logic they spew....I am certainmly not of that thinking...I hope that's not where you're headed....
I haven't been in So Cal.......in years.....So there was really no reason to mention I was there....When I arrive, this entire board will know before hand...
Besides last time my ..."true colors" were mentioned...you revoked my ride along privledges....:jawdrop:
For the record , on this way off topic thread..:rolleyes: ...I dont hate cops...I hate assholes.....If a cop happens to be an asshole.....then you can call me whatever you wish....
Hey Gary........Happy Holidays Buddy!...:)

Schiada76
12-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Intermission......................
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1325/02wk5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
OK, as you were :D
SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :D

Baja Big Dog
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Had two experiences with LEO in Utah..Ill reserve my opinion on how this fine outstanding pillar of the LEO community handled this potential lethal situation..holy shit 68 in a 40...he should be glad he is alive!!!

Jbb
12-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Sorry ***boat.......I didnt expect this thread to head in this direction between members.......cant have that...I have asked the mods to delete it....
Bnag...

photo chick
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
God has spoken!

Faceaz
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
T
I agree with you here, I'm really not one to judge if he acted properly of not. With these threads, theres really only 2 members whose opinions I value, but they haven't posted. Magic34 or Boatcop?

BoatPI
12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
I'll drink to that intermission. You made my day.:rolleyes:
I could have chimed in the use of force discussion. But with comments made like 'probable cause' is needed to speak or stop someone, it would take more time than I have left on this earth. Before some speak, you may consider taking a college class on search and seizure ,constitutionial reviews, and recent court decisions. All of this valuable information is, or should be part of every modern day LE's life. And as far as a comment made about somehow an officer can promote faster by writing more citations, well that is about so far from reality it is again, an uninformed falsehood.
Try studying law, public adminstration and management for starters.

mike37
12-02-2007, 08:54 PM
wow this thread still going on