PDA

View Full Version : Where boats go when they die.

ChumpChange
12-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Put her to rest today. :(
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Boat_Dump.JPG

Bite the Bullet
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
R I P

RitcheyRch
12-01-2007, 04:48 PM
RIP little boat

Classic Daycruiser
12-01-2007, 04:49 PM
That is just sad:( :( :(

LUVNLIFE
12-01-2007, 04:49 PM
RIP:( Is that Puente Hills?

Wavemaker
12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
We now call for a moment of silence...
...Thank you all for spending this moment to pay your respects to the "little boat," and the good times & voyages it provided it's owners with in better times.

RitcheyRch
12-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Amen.
We now call for a moment of silence...
...Thank you all for spending this moment to pay your respects to the "little boat," and the good times & voyages it provided it's owners with in better times.

DeltaSigBoater
12-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Well thats not as bad a having to cut up your 1st boat :(

LEADFOOTjosh
12-01-2007, 05:04 PM
:( :( :(

3 daytona`s
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Boat_Dump.JPG
how proud the new owner was back then,maybe a family so excited and happy.I see boats like that all the time running up and down the river with some children aboard.They are as happy and with that Bad Boy as any $300,000.00 Deal and it is fun to watch:) go ahead kids track sand in,spill the soda =life is good

INSman
12-01-2007, 05:10 PM
One man's trash, another man's treasure... I am thinking not gonna' last long where she was laid to rest :)

Trailer Park Casanova
12-01-2007, 05:21 PM
R.i.p.

thatguy
12-01-2007, 06:16 PM
:D
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3314/boatdumpcopyzs8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Thank you Bilge!! My first laugh in an otherwise wretched day!!:D :D
Tommy

RitcheyRch
12-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Is that a Kachina boat??

AZJD
12-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Is that a Kachina boat??
No silly! That is a DCB. Can't you see the center sponson.:D

RitcheyRch
12-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I dont know how I missed that. :D
No silly! That is a DCB. Can't you see the center sponson.:D

mouzer
12-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Looks like all the interior behind it:(

ChumpChange
12-01-2007, 07:18 PM
RIP:( Is that Puente Hills?
Sure is. The dozer operators were chopping at their bits to get to this thing. I've never had so many dump operators come and talk to me before. I had them all sit around and start talking about boats. They even helped me push it off the trailer.

Nord
12-01-2007, 07:23 PM
You can just dump your boat there??

Moneypitt
12-01-2007, 07:48 PM
You can just dump your boat there??
Did he say it was his boat?........Seems as though it could have been donated to the sea scouts or some youth group......Was it a total loss? Did it float?.......Was it offered up free here on the boards?..........Seems like a waste to me, although maybe the stern was hit by a train and I can't see it..........MP

ol guy
12-01-2007, 08:09 PM
GOOD LORD WHAT A SHAME!!!!! Lots of young people out ther just looking for a way to get into thier first boat and that gets to go to the dump. Yeah it may not be a 100mph boat but it would be a start for someone else. The old tri-hulls where a good start for a lot of people even with a weed wacker on the back. If half the people on the water today started like that we wouldn't have so many dumb a$$ boaters out there that have no clue what they are doing and just care about looking cool and going faster than the ability they have to drive a boat. But thats what keeps the boat shops alive. AND the water cops busy. AND THE WATER ACCIDENTS HIGHER THAN 10 YEARS AGO. Just the thought from a guy that has been boating and boat racing for over thirty plus years.M

camoman
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Boat_Dump.JPGWHAT Gullwings NEVER DIE:eek:

BEER&WATER
12-01-2007, 08:47 PM
GOOD LORD WHAT A SHAME!!!!! Lots of young people out ther just looking for a way to get into thier first boat and that gets to go to the dump. Yeah it may not be a 100mph boat but it would be a start for someone else. The old tri-hulls where a good start for a lot of people even with a weed wacker on the back. If half the people on the water today started like that we wouldn't have so many dumb a$$ boaters out there that have no clue what they are doing and just care about looking cool and going faster than the ability they have to drive a boat. But thats what keeps the boat shops alive. AND the water cops busy. AND THE WATER ACCIDENTS HIGHER THAN 10 YEARS AGO. Just the thought from a guy that has been boating and boat racing for over thirty plus years.M
1ST CASS REPLY

3 daytona`s
12-01-2007, 09:37 PM
The look on a young persons face while boating is priceless:) they do not care the price/year/name It is wonderful to watch a young family in a boat/just a boat they are in heaven and it is what it is about. IMO

BEER&WATER
12-01-2007, 09:46 PM
The look on a young persons face while boating is priceless:) they do not care the price/year/name It is wonderful to watch a young family in a boat/just a boat they are in heaven and it is what it is about. IMO
2ND 1ST CLASS REPLY

SummerBreeze
12-01-2007, 10:30 PM
I am feeling so much love about this boat. Can we save it?

ChumpChange
12-02-2007, 07:15 AM
1ST CASS REPLY
The boat was in the SPAM section as a free project boat for quite some time, for the hull only. I also contacted BoatAngels but at the same time came to the conclusion that this boat most likely had only salvageable value. This was a project boat that sat on the side of my in-laws house for a substantial amount of years. It became de-laminated, rotted, and unsafe. See the pictures.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Boat53.JPG
The best use besides taking it to the dump was to make it a sandbox but I didn't have a way to get it into my back yard.
Bla Bla Bla, always so quick to judge.
Now if you want the Chrysler 115 Outboard that was on the back of this thing, it's in the SPAM section. :D

ChumpChange
12-02-2007, 07:16 AM
I am feeling so much love about this boat. Can we save it?
This boat was gone within minutes of me getting it off the trailer. As I was unloading it, the dozers were getting in position for it.

Sweet Addiction
12-02-2007, 07:44 AM
I guess those guys were just looking for something to tear up. :D
This boat was gone within minutes of me getting it off the trailer. As I was unloading it, the dozers were getting in position for it.

LUVNLIFE
12-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Chump Change offered the boat up several ways, even free. He even posted a thread on a dump were he could take it. The boat was delaminated and unsafe so off to the dump.
Yes those dozer operators there wait for that stuff to come in. Boats and travel trailers :D Hey Chump Change for future referance, you had asked about what kind of paperwork was needed so you did not have to pay taxes. Was there any?:)

Moneypitt
12-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Yes, I remember it now....And it was properly handled. The only other possibility would've been an artifical reef somewhere but the red tape involved in that was probably prohibitive......Rest in peace little boat......And listen to the sea gulls..........MP

ChumpChange
12-02-2007, 12:40 PM
you had asked about what kind of paperwork was needed so you did not have to pay taxes. Was there any?:)
Well the taxes are due next month so I took the picture of the boat sitting there in the dump and we'll sign and affidavit stating it has been destroyed. We'll hope that works.

noboattom
12-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Dam who lit the fire under OLD GUYS ass!:D :D :D

Classic Daycruiser
12-02-2007, 08:36 PM
The boat was in the SPAM section as a free project boat for quite some time, for the hull only. I also contacted BoatAngels but at the same time came to the conclusion that this boat most likely had only salvageable value. This was a project boat that sat on the side of my in-laws house for a substantial amount of years. It became de-laminated, rotted, and unsafe. See the pictures.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Boat53.JPG
The best use besides taking it to the dump was to make it a sandbox but I didn't have a way to get it into my back yard.
Bla Bla Bla, always so quick to judge.
Now if you want the Chrysler 115 Outboard that was on the back of this thing, it's in the SPAM section. :D
You never see this happen to a Jet boat:D Maybe instead of a sandbox, it should have been turn into a Spa with swim up Bar:idea:

Zaairman
12-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Best $1400 I ever spent was on my Tahiti... :) Cheap(ish) fun, and i wouldn't trade it for anything else.

sleekcraft80
12-02-2007, 09:03 PM
It is sad that you had to get rid of it in that way. I have to get rid of my first boat and I am lucky that I have found it a pretty good home. It is a 73 glaspar. And I had to sell it for $500.:(

Quality Time
12-02-2007, 09:09 PM
mid-seventies 16' Chrysler Tri-Hull? My Dad still has one in Michigan in damn good shape. RIP:(

squirt'nmyload
12-02-2007, 09:15 PM
:jawdrop: :D :D
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/boatdumper.jpg

ultra26shadow
12-02-2007, 10:31 PM
:jawdrop: :D :D
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/boatdumper.jpg
Man I was in Arizona last week Phoenix,tempe, and Glendale, and saw those porta potties all over the place Gorillas waste I believe it was called funny to see it again.

Pismo
12-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Best $1400 I ever spent was on my Tahiti... :) Cheap(ish) fun, and i wouldn't trade it for anything else.
That's a Chrysler outboard!! I have not seen one of those in 20+ years. Does it still run? They were constant trouble.

ChumpChange
12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
That's a Chrysler outboard!! I have not seen one of those in 20+ years. Does it still run? They were constant trouble.
I have a Chrysler 115 as well. Runs still too.

Zaairman
12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
No, its just for show. I paddle it around the lakes. LOL... Yes, it runs like a champ. Had it for 2 seasons now and its hardly given me any trouble. Had a temp sending unit go bad, and it wouldn't start once while on the beach (fixed itself). Currently it needs a new clutch dog, but the motor still runs great. It has started in 34* weather with no problem before. :) I'm not sure why you say it is constant trouble. Everybody I know who has/had one says they are damn reliable but underpowered. It's a shame that they are so hard to find parts for. They are STUPID easy to work on.

GHT
12-03-2007, 08:20 PM
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3314/boatdumpcopyzs8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:D :D

squirt'nmyload
12-03-2007, 09:32 PM
lmao!!!!!!!!......i fold :D :D

squirt'nmyload
12-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Damn, I figured you would see my RCL and raise me a beer looter :D
hmmmmmm........no mobile photoshop on my phone :D

Jordy
12-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Wow. :notam:

boatsntoys
12-04-2007, 08:25 AM
How much do they charge to dump you boat there?

Baja Big Dog
12-04-2007, 08:40 AM
1ST CASS REPLY
:confused: :confused: :eek:

ChumpChange
12-04-2007, 09:06 AM
How much do they charge to dump you boat there?
Only $25.00 actually.

Baja Big Dog
12-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Being Armenian, I know my dumps, and I am quite intimate with Puente Hills, Our Armenian trash man used to pick me up and take me to the dump to hang around at while he made some pick ups, oh the treasures!!!
That picture must be old, really old, the first dump is now Industry Hill resort (or what ever the present Asian owner is calling it), and the second dump is now a huge sporting complex.:D

ChumpChange
12-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Being Armenian, I know my dumps, and I am quite intimate with Puente Hills, Our Armenian trash man used to pick me up and take me to the dump to hang around at while he made some pick ups, oh the treasures!!!
That picture must be old, really old, the first dump is now Industry Hill resort (or what ever the present Asian owner is calling it), and the second dump is now a huge sporting complex.:D
This is the dump off Crossroads Pkwy and the 60.

BarryMac
12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh the humanity... :eek: :D
Maybe you can take the Dana there??? ;) :D

Baja Big Dog
12-04-2007, 10:19 AM
This is the dump off Crossroads Pkwy and the 60.
Oh.....:D
The one above Chilis?? I always thought, if I went there, Ill have bottled water please!!!:D

Kachina26
12-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Oh the humanity... :eek: :D
Maybe you can take the Dana there??? ;) :D
Hey now! Just because it's a dump doesn't mean they don't have standards:devil:

squirt'nmyload
12-04-2007, 01:19 PM
:rolleyes: :D :D :D
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/races/boatdumpermj4.gif

ChumpChange
12-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey now! Just because it's a dump doesn't mean they don't have standards:devil:
Why did you have to go there? :(

Kachina26
12-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Why did you have to go there? :(
Sheer, unadulterated boredom. :)

ChumpChange
12-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Sheer, unadulterated boredom. :)
I feel you on that one seeing as I'm at work now.