PDA

View Full Version : Any spa repair guys or electricans here?

gramps
12-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Yesterday while it was snowing and about 20 degrees outside one of the circut breakers that feed my spa tripped and it won't reset. I have 220 running to the spa thru 2 breakers (both ground fault breakers). I have unhookd the circ pump & heater and the breaker still won't reset. Do breakers go bad with age? I hooked the circ. pump up to a different circut so the spa might not freeze. The spa is a 7 - 8 year old Hot Springs the breakers have been in place (they are in a square D box under the deck the spa is on) for about 11 years.
WHY DOES THIS CRAP ONLY HAPPEN when its so damm cold and not in the summer?

Mandelon
12-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Breakers do go bad. Especially GFI protected ones. Maybe there's moisture in there somewhere and the GFI's are just doing their job properly....
Replace em and see what happens...save the reciept and return if it doesn't help things.

david_396
12-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Breakers do go bad with age. Classic sign is not being able to reset. Unwire the spa from the breaker and try to reset it. Sounds like you partialy disconnected a few components of the spa. Easy fix though, and not to hard on the wallet for a 50 amp breaker GFI breaker.