PDA

View Full Version : trailer ...how much

bordsmnj
12-02-2007, 12:19 PM
i have an old beat up trailer. i'm curious how much it would cost to make it new(i'm not a welder). also how much i could get for it as is. and how much a new one would go for. i have an old ca licenseplate for it butnnow paper work. hasn't been registered since 1989. how much is scrap metel per pound?
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/bordsmnj/vdrivetrailer008.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/bordsmnj/vdrivetrailer007.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/bordsmnj/vdrivetrailer005.jpg

bordsmnj
12-02-2007, 12:23 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/bordsmnj/vdrivetrailer004.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/bordsmnj/vdrivetrailer002.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/bordsmnj/vdrivetrailer001.jpg

sixgunsam
12-02-2007, 12:26 PM
If you were to scrap it, can I be first in line for the coupler?

Moneypitt
12-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I paid $300. for one that just needed tires and paint/lights etc etc......That one looks like a canidate for a specialty trailer of some sort, buggy, quads, rhino, trail bikes.....But NOT Jet skies, there are enough jet skies already..............MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Take it over to KTW and ask them for an estimate to fix her up pretty.
Then compair that to an estimate for a new trailer.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/KTW%20Business%20card~1.jpg

Schiada Time
12-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Kustom Trailer does nice work. They did a few things on my Schiada trailer last summer.
Jason- As for restoration buy a new trailer. Remember the trailer under my Hallett? That took about 3 months to fully restore and it wasn't cheap.

snake321
12-03-2007, 05:37 AM
Buy a welder. You'll learn something,have a new tool and get your trailer fixed cheap

ZRCTION
12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
I'd start from scratch. I have an old junk trailer under my Barron Sprint that will stay there till I'm done with the restore of the boat. The fenders and steps make for a good work bench.
We have to tow a long way to get to any good water 200+ miles each way! So I had a new one built over at Extreme Custom Trailers. It cost a little more than I had planned but it was worth it.
Oil bath hubs
LED lights
Polished stainless fenders
Galvitube dipped

flatties forever
12-03-2007, 09:10 AM
I'd start from scratch. I have an old junk trailer under my Barron Sprint that will stay there till I'm done with the restore of the boat. The fenders and steps make for a good work bench.
We have to tow a long way to get to any good water 200+ miles each way! So I had a new one built over at Extreme Custom Trailers. It cost a little more than I had planned but it was worth it.
Oil bath hubs
LED lights
Polished stainless fenders
Galvitube dipped
O.K.--Now I'm curious. How much is a new trailer?? $3500?? Did it have a fold away tongue? couldn't see in the pics. Thanks for the post.

superdave013
12-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Jason, you can get every part you need over at DICO trailers in Anaheim. Prolly spend some time and way less then 2K to get it looking good again.
That looks like a compettive trailer to me.
If you just want to drop it off and have it done another good place is Walstrong Trailers in Harbor City.

snake321
12-03-2007, 11:01 AM
While we're on the subject (brief hyjack) How does one get a hydro off a trailer and onto another without water?

RiverGames
12-03-2007, 12:00 PM
While we're on the subject (brief hyjack) How does one get a hydro off a trailer and onto another without water?
forklift

superdave013
12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
O.K.--Now I'm curious. How much is a new trailer?? $3500?? Did it have a fold away tongue? couldn't see in the pics. Thanks for the post.
For that pimplisous trailer I bet 3500 X 2 would be closer.

WILDERTHANU
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
For that pimplisous trailer I bet 3500 X 2 would be closer.
Yes that would be closer.

ZRCTION
12-03-2007, 12:52 PM
No swing tongue, no brakes.
Tortion bar suspencion, no leaf springs:D
Close to $5k. I'm very good friends with the owners so they helped me out a little. Promised them I would not tell anyone the actual price. But it wasn't much better than the $ amount above.
I am really concerned with the reliabity of a trailer. Some times we tow as far as 600 miles one way (Shasta and Powell) and I need to know it is not going to come apart on the hwy. Especislly when towing at night and behind a motorhome when you can't even see the trailer. The trip can cost twice the amount of the trailer and could be over before you even arrive.

bordsmnj
12-03-2007, 05:16 PM
ok, thanks for the replies. i've had some sence talked into me and think i'm goona keep it around. i found a place to store it for not too far away. gonna have some stuff welded and replace a few things this weekend. then down the road i'll take it to walstrong or ktw. maybe if i win the lottery i'll buy a new one.
oh, and it is a competetive.

snake321
12-03-2007, 08:27 PM
forklift
Jesus H Christ, now I gotta buy a forklift??

SnoC653
12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Attach some lifting eys to the stringer mounts at the rear of the engine and the v-drive. Build a sling that can be adjusted (like chain) so the boat will lift level then use a block and tackle. Sling should be a 4 point hook up. Or you could use equal length cables and use an I-Beam between the front and rear cables with an adjustable lift ring (again to keep the boat level when lifted) Depending on the total weight of the boat you could build the bar out of SS or Aluminum I-Beam.

RiverGames
12-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Jesus H Christ, now I gotta buy a forklift??
wow now that you put it that way, sounds really cost effective.:jawdrop:
hmmm :idea: :idea: Here is the real question, is you boat finished? becuase it would be alot easier and more cost effective just to put your boat in the water (with the old trailer) and pull it out with the new trailer:D
bada bing bada boom

disco_charger
12-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I just purchased a new trailer from Pacific in Chino. I would give them a call. Nice stuff, they walked me through their production, and they were cheaper than redoing everything on my old competitve. Torsion, no leafs, swing away, chrome wheels, disc brakes, diamond plate, color matched to the boat and LED lighting. Guys were super cool to deal with.
Pacific Boat Trailers
Address: 13643 5th St, Chino, CA 91710
Phone: (909) 902-0094

bordsmnj
12-04-2007, 04:25 PM
how much o.t.d. if i may ask?

snake321
12-04-2007, 06:07 PM
wow now that you put it that way, sounds really cost effective.:jawdrop:
hmmm :idea: :idea: Here is the real question, is you boat finished? becuase it would be alot easier and more cost effective just to put your boat in the water (with the old trailer) and pull it out with the new trailer:D
bada bing bada boom
The boats done, the water is 8 miles away. I'm likin that sling idea.

disco_charger
12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
how much o.t.d. if i may ask?
Check Pm