PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Comp Jet @ Ming

Code Blue Racing
03-05-2006, 10:30 PM
I want to thank Lilrick and Terry for coming out and making this a great weekend. Ross thank you so much for making my dream a reality.
The CBR Sanger work great the driver did good and the bone stock BBF front sump engine worked perfectly. We were not the fastest but we finished each heat. The driver we had did a very good job pushing the go peddle as far as it could go. The boat does need a bit more set up work concidering it was the first time out with this whole combination.
We also need to thank;
Jim for stepping up with all his required authorizations
Duane at HiTech Performance
Paul at High Flow Dynamics
Ron at Boatracingfacts
Jim and Tina Boatnam Racing
LifeLine
Don at Triad Performance Marine
Billy for launching
Frank for getting in the water doing catch and release
Ricks girlfriend for the great food
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1360-med.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1359-med.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1353-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1358.jpg

Code Blue Racing
03-05-2006, 10:36 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1341-med.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1342-med.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1348-med.jpg

TRG
03-05-2006, 10:37 PM
what other hulls were out there with yas' there ol' brutha james??

RCB19
03-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Sounds like you guys had a good weekend up there.

Code Blue Racing
03-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes Jim was very happy to be racing. We had a hell of a time getting there. Spent 2hrs on the side of the road friday night with a blowout on the trailer. The fog was so think you could not see anything. Stock truck jack was rusted up. Jim got us fixed and back on the road.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1328-med.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1327-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1366-med.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1365-med.jpg

dmontzsta
03-06-2006, 07:36 AM
I have some pics for you S.T. We were on the far side by the turn. Did your driver have alot of seat time? going into the turns he would back way off the throttle and only take them at 20-30mph.

flat broke
03-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Bigger question in my mind is why the Sanger was parked in the pits Sunday morning, but nowhere to be found come Sunday afternoon when it was time to get wet? Kinda hurt the comp jet deal as they then were combined with the nostalgia endurance boats which are substantially faster. Still good to see some jets running, but it would have been nice to see them run on their own on Sunday.
Side notes, CJ410 had a nice start on Sunday jumping out quick on the outside at the green. But the pump unloaded for a second when the boat hopped some rough stuff and the prop boats on the water made quick work of him and Rick shortly thereafter. Hopefully more folks that had signed up to run the event will be in attendance at the next stop for the Nostalgia Comp Jet class.
Chris

dmontzsta
03-06-2006, 09:00 AM
But the pump unloaded for a second when the boat hopped some rough stuff and the prop boats on the water made quick work of him and Rick shortly thereafter.
Chris
Just another day at the races. :D
good seeing you and tyson out there.

MikeF
03-06-2006, 09:15 AM
More pics please. :rollside:
How fast is a bone stock Ford Sanger jet? Who was doing the driving and why no show on SUNDAY?
............from the peanut gallery. :boxed:

dmontzsta
03-06-2006, 09:50 AM
More pics please. :rollside:
How fast is a bone stock Ford Sanger jet? Who was doing the driving and why no show on SUNDAY?
............from the peanut gallery. :boxed:
Everyone was guessing about 55-65mph, the rest of the jets seemed to be going about 65-75mph.

lilrick
03-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Bigger question in my mind is why the Sanger was parked in the pits Sunday morning, but nowhere to be found come Sunday afternoon when it was time to get wet? Kinda hurt the comp jet deal as they then were combined with the nostalgia endurance boats which are substantially faster. Still good to see some jets running, but it would have been nice to see them run on their own on Sunday.
Side notes, CJ410 had a nice start on Sunday jumping out quick on the outside at the green. But the pump unloaded for a second when the boat hopped some rough stuff and the prop boats on the water made quick work of him and Rick shortly thereafter. Hopefully more folks that had signed up to run the event will be in attendance at the next stop for the Nostalgia Comp Jet class.
Chris
We had a hell of a time in the endurance class but, it was a good driving experience! I had a great weekend and I am looking forward to the April race at Parker!!

lilrick
03-06-2006, 01:26 PM
what other hulls were out there with yas' there ol' brutha james??
Rogers and a Hornet

lilrick
03-06-2006, 01:29 PM
ChrisStill good to see some jets running, but it would have been nice to see them run on their own on Sunday.
thanks....

El Prosecutor
03-06-2006, 01:43 PM
I missed the races but went for a cruise out there Sunday night to see the stragglers. Saw a sweet boat called "Lil Squirt" being towed behind a motor home. Is the owner an HBer? Race? Place? just curious - was a clean ride.

Nucking futs
03-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Who drove "The code blue racing sanger super jet" ? By the looks of the posts above, You drove it Jim.

Squirtin Thunder
03-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Who drove "The code blue racing sanger super jet" ? By the looks of the posts above, You drove it Jim.
Nope we don't own a Super Jet anylonger that was sold about Nov. Now I drove the Code Blue Racing Sanger Custom Sprint Jet. Put it this way it was a great weekend. There will be some major set-up runs going on before the next race. But the bone stock front sump BBF did great. Our best GPS speed was 66mph with a Berk "A". I will be finishing up the 466 this week for weekend breakin. I hope more jets will come out for the next race.

Squirtin Thunder
03-06-2006, 06:16 PM
I would like to thank all the racers & fans that showed up to support the "Season Opener" at Lake Ming! We ran over 70 heats of circle racing by 3:45 p.m. on Sunday (a new personal best) and given the beautiful weather conditions, the racers and the officials and volunteers it all came together even better than I had planned. So without further adieu.....!
NOSTALGIA FLAT:
1ST- LEE STACEY #303 LAKEWOOD, CA
2ND- MATT WOOTON #341 LA CANADA, CA
3RD- DAVE CHANDLER #855 LAS VEGAS, NV
NOSTALGIA ENDURANCE:
1ST- BART CROMWELL #331 ONTARIO, CA
2ND- TERRY VALORE #410 W. COVINA, CA
3RD- ART HALL #812 BIG RIVER, CA
NOSTALGIA JET:
1ST- TERRY VALORE #410 W. COVINA, CA
2ND- RICK ORTEGA #812 LONG BEACH, CA
3RD- JIM RICH #72 BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
KRR:
1ST- DAVE BRYANT #K13 MESA, AZ
2ND- TONY SCARLATA #K98 (K5) SUISIN CITY, CA
3RD- CHRIS KENNER #K134 SEATTLE, WA
SUPER STOCK:
1ST- DAVE BRYANT #80 MESA, AZ
2ND- GREG SHIRLEY #7 PALMDALE, CA
3RD- RICHARD MCANDLESS #55 RENO, NV
PRO-STOCK:
1ST- DAVE BRYANT #80 MESA, AZ
2ND- JEFF WOOTON #346 PASADENA, CA
3RD- CHRIS ARNOLD #550 FRESNO, CA
CRACKERBOX:
1ST- DAN DOIGE/KEN KNUDSON #P21 "GRAMPS CRACKER" ANAHEIM, CA
2ND- BRETT BEARD/DAVE LAWS #P24 "CRACKER JACK" LA PALMA, CA
3RD- RON SHERRIN/BRANDY SHERRIN# P85 "WOOD BOX" BAKERSFIELD, CA
GRAND NATIONAL:
1ST- LANSE HASELRIG #790 "MY PLEASURE" W. L.A., CA
2ND- PAUL GRICHAR/BEN MARRONE #305 "PLAN B" W.COVINA, CA
3RD- BART CROMWELL #331, ONTARIO, CA
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL RACERS! SAFE AND NOW IT'S ON TO PARKER, APRIL 21 & 22. MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!
ROSS WALLACH, SCSC/RPM
What a great weekend !!! :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2311Pict1341.jpg

TRG
03-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Rogers and a Hornet
Might have to see what this ol' rounyround stuff is all about in april, and round out the class with another Rogers,...anyone have an extra turn fin for the bottom layin around???
Todd

lilrick
03-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Might have to see what this ol' rounyround stuff is all about in april, and round out the class with another Rogers,...anyone have an extra turn fin for the bottom layin around???
Todd
actually I do !!!

Clockstart
03-07-2006, 12:04 AM
What was the length of the course? How many bouy turns? What kind of start?
Too bad more of those jets on list didn't show :frown:
Also, it would be nice to see the average speeds for each boat in the results, like APBA used to do in the past.
Congrats to the winners
Cs

lilrick
03-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Todd
the other rogers works well. he beats me all the time!! his motor runs real good!

lilrick
03-07-2006, 07:02 AM
What was the length of the course? How many bouy turns? What kind of start?
Too bad more of those jets on list didn't show :frown:
Also, it would be nice to see the average speeds for each boat in the results, like APBA used to do in the past.
Congrats to the winners
Cs
I was told that the course was about 7/8 of a mile long, and we do four laps. At this course there were two, three pin turns and I don't know what to call the start other than a rolling start. The avg. speed was pretty low. It wouldn't take much to beat me !!:D If you need more info , PM me !

old rigger
03-07-2006, 07:20 AM
...anyone have an extra turn fin for the bottom layin around???
Todd
Todd,
get the one I gave Mike (cyclone) . He never used it and I already cut it down to the proper size and told him exactly where to mount it. He should be able to hook you up. :)

lilrick
03-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Todd,
get the one I gave Mike (cyclone) . He never used it and I already cut it down to the proper size and told him exactly where to mount it. He should be able to hook you up. :)
alright ....now we' re getting some interest in the comp jet class! Way to go!

Cs19
03-07-2006, 08:42 AM
i think that turning fin from cyclones boat died.I wanna say they cut it off,ground it down and smoothed it over.
under the bus you go mike.. :)
Todd you should drag race that Rogers..I would say its pretty light for roundy rounds.

LakesOnly
03-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Congratulations Jim, even though your primary motor was not ready to go, you tossed a backup motor in there, made the race, and salvaged what could be season saving points.
This looks like a lot of fun and I wish I could have made it; alas I was involved in closing a deal for a large number of engines and had to get them moved...only got half of them so far. Also, in order to keep up with customer demand and in an effort to keep all customers happy, I actually sold the ported heads off my boat, so now I need to find a window of opportunity to get my motor back together with another set of heads (duplicating those baby's will be a HUGE undertaking)...and then maybe I'll make an showing this year.
LO

old rigger
03-07-2006, 09:12 AM
i think that turning fin from cyclones boat died.I wanna say they cut it off,ground it down and smoothed it over.
Naw, the boat came with a broken fin in it, I gave him a replacement and he never installed it.

flat broke
03-07-2006, 10:12 AM
We must have missed something when we were up there on Sunday. I could have sworn they had to combine the jets with the endurance guys because a boat didn't show for the finals. If you don't show for the finals/main do you still get credit for the 3rd place finish just because you showed up on a weekend when there were only 3 boats in your class?
Next question, is this class a "for sure" thing at the remaining SCSC stops this year?
Not to be an ass, but whats the story on why the mighty blue oval powered Sanger wasn't on the water on Sunday?
Chris

Code Blue Racing
03-07-2006, 12:14 PM
To answer a few questions:
The two jets that ran in the Endurance Class on Sunday, originally were signed up to run in that class and ran well on Saturday.
Yes, the Nastalgia Comp Jet Class is here to stay !!! It is a "FOR SURE THING" for the remainder of the season. But we do need others to come out and run.
And Finally the BIG question - Why the CBR Sanger was not running on Sunday. Well folks, that one is my fault. We had planned on running Sunday, but I got a call from work and needed to return right away. So if you want to blame anyone for that - BLAME ME!!! NOT Jim.
Thanks to everyone that helped and everyone who ran!
Can't wait for the next race.
Mrs ST (Donna)

dmontzsta
03-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I was going to keep it zipped, but I sure hope the boats step it up with the power and turning capabilities, cause I personally enjoyed watching the little outboards run over the jets, they were running alot harder, I think the PWCs would have given the jets a run for the money. This is just mine and others that were with me personal opinions. I am not trying to bash, just stating an opinion from the spectators point of view. If the class is going to last, there needs to be some more excitement, you can go to any lake and get the "racing" that was displayed.

Squirtin Thunder
03-07-2006, 12:42 PM
I was going to keep it zipped, but I sure hope the boats step it up with the power and turning capabilities, cause I personally enjoyed watching the little outboards run over the jets, they were running alot harder, I think the PWCs would have given the jets a run for the money. This is just mine and others that were with me personal opinions. I am not trying to bash, just stating an opinion from the spectators point of view. If the class is going to last, there needs to be some more excitement, you can go to any lake and get the "racing" that was displayed.
Don that is kinda the way I felt not being able to challenge anything. It really was a sad begining for the jet class. More boats would help, if I had a stronger engine in the boat it would have helped also. The bottom line is more jets need to be running to have a better show.

dmontzsta
03-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Don that is kinda the way I felt not being able to challenge anything. It really was a sad begining for the jet class. More boats would help, if I had a stronger engine in the boat it would have helped also. The bottom line is more jets need to be running to have a better show.
You got that right, I noticed the people next to us go get food when they came out, it didnt seem like a race, especially since we couldnt hear the announcing down there. They must have thought it was some testing. It would be cool to see Paul out there, his boat would do pretty well too.

lilrick
03-07-2006, 11:26 PM
You got that right, I noticed the people next to us go get food when they came out, it didnt seem like a race, especially since we couldnt hear the announcing down there. They must have thought it was some testing. It would be cool to see Paul out there, his boat would do pretty well too.
well too bad the jet class wasn't competitive enough for you! I had a blast considering this was my third race in my lifetime! I'm thirty years old and fully self funded! Consider all of the hard work and dedication it takes to help the sport grow! It isn't as exciting as when there are more participants, and I understand that! But, one must consider the fact that comp jet has not been around for twenty years!!!!!!!!So maybe you'll be more entertained at the next race when we have more participants, and you're still on the beach!

lilrick
03-07-2006, 11:33 PM
.......and as for you Jim I disagree that it was a "sad beginning for the jet class" . I thought it was a great beginning !!! I'm just bummed that I didn't get my money back for the comp jet class registration on sunday! After all I paid to run my boat in two classes ! If they decide not to let me run, then give me my stinkin' money back!

Squirtin Thunder
03-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Rick I will talk to Ann for you on that. I will get that squared away for you tomarrow. I was expecting more to show. If it ends up being just us for the next race that is fine too. I will be more than happy to race with just the three of us. I was extreamly slow, and that sucked. I would have liked to have chalanged you or Terry anywhere on the track. I sucks to bring up the rear. :cool: But I thank you for doing your part. I did have fun.

dmontzsta
03-08-2006, 07:26 AM
well too bad the jet class wasn't competitive enough for you! I had a blast considering this was my third race in my lifetime! I'm thirty years old and fully self funded! Consider all of the hard work and dedication it takes to help the sport grow! It isn't as exciting as when there are more participants, and I understand that! But, one must consider the fact that comp jet has not been around for twenty years!!!!!!!!So maybe you'll be more entertained at the next race when we have more participants, and you're still on the beach!
No need to apologize, it isnt your fault more people didnt show up. I can understand being self funded. By this time next year I should have my deal ready and just might go out and join the parade for some seat time, who knows. I will be self funded also.

lilrick
03-08-2006, 07:54 AM
No need to apologize, it isnt your fault more people didnt show up. I can understand being self funded. By this time next year I should have my deal ready and just might go out and join the parade for some seat time, who knows. I will be self funded also.
I didn't apologize...:D

dmontzsta
03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
I didn't apologize...:D
lol...damn.

flat broke
03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Still no answer to my question about not running in a final/main and still getting credit for placing. How does that work? In the other forms of racing I've been involved with, If you transfered to a final or main, but didn't show to the starting line for whatever reason, it didn't matter if you were the number one qualifier in a 3 entry field; you were a scratch for the main and didn't receive points/trophy/consdideration because you didn't run.
I'm with Rick, even if there were only 2 boats come Sunday, he paid to race Nostalgia Comp Jet, (and in his case also Nostalgia Endurance) and since there was time on the schedule they should have let just him and Terry run. Sure it would have sucked even more from a spectator point of view, but to the guy that paid to run 2 classes, and probably cares about the points standings in NCJ, just throwing a finishing order out instead of running a dedicated main/final for that class has got to be disapointing.
One more thing Rick, nothing but props for the "self funded" effort. No matter where you guys place, you know you did it on your own.
So what's the word on the other guys that were gonna run the class? Are they planning on being in Parker, or will it be a three boat field again?
Chris

lilrick
03-08-2006, 08:23 AM
thanks Chris! Apparantly the other boats weren't ready for the race in time ...Also the safety gear is a little pricey ! Squirtin' Thunder says he spoke to one of the guys and is currently working on his boat for April!
So I know the K's are much more exciting to watch, but they let two boats compete on Sunday! When they found out only two jets were running they cut us off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......and no refund on the money!!!!!!!!!!

dmontzsta
03-08-2006, 08:26 AM
thanks Chris! Apparantly the other boats weren't ready for the race in time ...Also the safety gear is a little pricey ! Squirtin' Thunder says he spoke to one of the guys and is currently working on his boat for April!
So I know the K's are much more exciting to watch, but they let two boats compete on Sunday! When they found out only two jets were running they cut us off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......and no refund on the money!!!!!!!!!!
That is pretty lame, it ended early on Sunday. In my best drunk voice..."LET EM RUN"

Moneypitt
03-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Rick, when you register for Parker mention the situation to Pat and I'm sure you will be credited for the "un ran" class on Sunday. It has happened in the past,(rain outs/blow outs etc.) and it always gets worked out fairly for the racers. Be sure to mention that NCJ was your primary class and that NE was your "add on" class. We have never been disapointed in the way these things are handled..............Ray
PS: As far as the final boat placing, ie: 1 -2 -3, that is the way the boats finished on Saturday, and since there wasn't a class on Sunday, the places and the points,(Saturday's points) were awarded as finished. There will be no points for NCJ awarded for Sunday, as there wasn't any heats ran in that class.......Points are awarded for each heat, wheather it is a qualifier,(first heat) or the final,(last heat), and the point system rewards finishing places for both heats the same. I think the jet guys did pretty good considering they were getting beat up pretty bad on Sunday following a bunch of prop driven boats in some really shitty water. Have you ever followed 4 or 5 boats up river at a short distance behind, or tried to run a jet at Havasu with the ocean going barges? It aint easy, or pretty. I would suggest "walking in their shoes" a few times before being too critical of their performance..........Ray

flat broke
03-08-2006, 08:33 AM
That is a very good point. And honestly the K's were only interesting to watch for the first lap. After K98 had engine problems it was a one man show. But your point is extremely valid no matter what. If they let one class run with 2 boats, why not another. It definitely sends a message wether it was intended or not. I know Ross wants you guys there and he wants to see more people get out from behind the keyboard and get behind the wheel. Hopefully the "others" will make it to Parker and round out the field a little better.
You dont need to tell me how much safety gear costs, I paid cash, full pop retail, and it's sitting in the closet waiting for October. I just feel that before you say, "I'm gonna be there" it would make sense to look at your checkbook and calendar to see if it is even feasible. If it wasn't such a stretch for us, we'd get a boat out there just so folks could laugh at a boat with swim steps, an engine hatch and full interior runing in the class. :)
Chris