PDA

View Full Version : tying boat to trailer?

ando79
12-02-2007, 06:39 PM
What sort of set up do you guys have to restrain your boat to your trailer? mine currently has nothing, and I am looking for something neat and simple..

Kindsvater Flat
12-02-2007, 06:42 PM
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/rear01.JPG

sanger ss396
12-02-2007, 08:33 PM
i use a 2 inch wide ratchet strap u can find them at your local truck stop. i hook it to the trailer frame rail then run it full length next to the transom on top of the cav plate. where the strap goes accross the edge of the cav plate u use a piece of used carpet to protect the strap. do not over tighten the the strap. it works great. and it is simple.

RiverGames
12-03-2007, 09:10 AM
right now, with no cover i use the 2 inch ratchet tie strap across the top of the transom. i wrap the strat with a blanket to protect my paint job. i was at forces car show yesterday, and there was a boat there with a strap connected at the edge of the trailer, then wrapped to the top of the prop shaft, then procceded down to the other side of the trailer. must work but i would be worried about my shaft bending on a big bumb

LandSpeedRacer
12-03-2007, 09:30 AM
I used to not tie mine down but one time we just turned off of 65 in Wheatland going to CFW and there is that bumpy 25mph section I am sure all those who have been on it know of, and I looked back and could see daylight between my boat and trailer. So now I tie it down like Kindsvater Flat, only I x it from one side of the boat to the other side of the trailer and do the opposite on the other side. Good thing I did, we had just a couple threads left on the bow eye when returning from Berryessa in Sept:eek: .
Hey K-Flat, looks like you are going to loose your dipstick man:D
LSR

ando79
12-03-2007, 01:04 PM
i use a 2 inch wide ratchet strap u can find them at your local truck stop. i hook it to the trailer frame rail then run it full length next to the transom on top of the cav plate. where the strap goes accross the edge of the cav plate u use a piece of used carpet to protect the strap. do not over tighten the the strap. it works great. and it is simple.
I like that idea, and I already have a strap. Does anyone use turnbuckles like some of the new boats?