PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth Condo rentals

Ziggy
12-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Anyone here have a place to rent there for 4 people(2 adults,2 kids).
Looking for something for 3-4 days starting around the 2nd or 3rd of January.
Send me a PM if you do.
Many Thanks.

catman-do
12-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Depends on how much you are looking to spend. I personally dont own a condo up there, but we do frequent there quite a bit. Most of the time we rent at Seasons 4, they are built in the late 70's- early 80's but they are kept fairly nice. They have an indoor spa, pool table, and ping pong for the kids.
If you are able to afford a little nicer, and possibly your kids are a little quieter, then you should check out the Village area. Then you can walk to the Gondola (assuming its open when you go), and can walk to several restaurants, and bars/clubs.

Ziggy
12-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Depends on how much you are looking to spend. I personally dont own a condo up there, but we do frequent there quite a bit. Most of the time we rent at Seasons 4, they are built in the late 70's- early 80's but they are kept fairly nice. They have an indoor spa, pool table, and ping pong for the kids.
If you are able to afford a little nicer, and possibly your kids are a little quieter, then you should check out the Village area. Then you can walk to the Gondola (assuming its open when you go), and can walk to several restaurants, and bars/clubs.
Yeah, we are looking at the Village area near the gondola and also at a place near lift 15.
My daughter and probably nice are 14 so they are not the noisy rugrat types anymore :D
I'm not a cheapskate but I like a good deal. :)

Havasu1986
12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, we are looking at the Village area near the gondola and also at a place near lift 15.
My daughter and probably nice are 14 so they are not the noisy rugrat types anymore :D
I'm not a cheapskate but I like a good deal. :)
I either stay at The Villages or Junniper Springs by #15. I like the ski in / out. And I have a seasons pass and get a discount. ;)

jjk94
12-03-2007, 12:48 PM
You can try this
http://www.mammothskitours.com

catman-do
12-03-2007, 01:24 PM
If you are going to do Juniper springs, I would spring for the extra few bucks and stay in the village. Much more convenient. However, if you are staying in the village, as if you can get a room that faces the courtyard... If you have one that faces the back streets, you may get waken up by all the people leaving the bars at 2 am drunken loud.

SummerBreeze
12-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Let hope we have some SNOW by then

Ziggy
12-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Let hope we have some SNOW by thenNo joking:( Most of the lifts are still closed but I'd guess the recent and oncoming storms should help.

AirtimeLavey
12-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Post what you find and end up with, if you don't mind. I'm looking for the eact same type of thing, now that I have the kids riding well. Something by 15 would good.

Mandelon
12-03-2007, 09:07 PM
My wife books us in to a place in Mammoth for a week every year. I think its the viewpoint condos. They are within walking distance of the gondola, have a jacuzzi, and game room for the kids. Not exactly high end, but its a good value and you can walk to all the good stuff. the gondola ride over and back is pretty cool.

OGShocker
12-04-2007, 05:56 AM
Anyone here have a place to rent there for 4 people(2 adults,2 kids).
Looking for something for 3-4 days starting around the 2nd or 3rd of January.
Send me a PM if you do.
Many Thanks.
Call DAVE or Bob @ http://www.1888mammoth.com/
Tell him Mark ask you to call. Tell them if he doesn't set you up with the good guy deal, there will be no RIBS for him at the next NASCAR event.:D
The all new, Ziggy action figure..
http://www.tedtoy.com/delprado%20images/MAW39.jpg

AZKC
12-04-2007, 07:05 AM
Try VRBO.com:)

Ziggy
12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Call DAVE or Bob @ http://www.1888mammoth.com/
Tell him Mark ask you to call. Tell them if he doesn't set you up with the good guy deal, there will be no RIBS for him at the next NASCAR event.:D
The all new, Ziggy action figure..
http://www.tedtoy.com/delprado%20images/MAW39.jpg
Shoot, Wife just booked a Condo in the Village, sounds like it is similar or the same as Mandolen's usual. Not a big inventory available cuz its the day after NewYears anyhow.
I don't carry guns Mark....and I ski slow these days, I'm a grandpa LOL
And thanks KC, thats where Jan found it. We use it for our HaviHouse too;)

Ziggy
12-04-2007, 09:05 PM
My wife books us in to a place in Mammoth for a week every year. I think its the viewpoint condos. They are within walking distance of the gondola, have a jacuzzi, and game room for the kids. Not exactly high end, but its a good value and you can walk to all the good stuff. the gondola ride over and back is pretty cool.Would that perhaps be Crestview condos? :confused:

Mandelon
12-04-2007, 09:45 PM
I dunno, I just pay the bills. Its across the street from the gondola, maybe 100 yard walk through the parking lot of the Alpenhof ( I think that's the name of it, but that german type place) and out the back, through the trees, up the hill and bam, you're there!
We used to rent a condo by Little Eagle, but being in town is so much better. We'll be there for the week of Valentines Day.

Ziggy
12-04-2007, 09:52 PM
I dunno, I just pay the bills. Its across the street from the gondola, maybe 100 yard walk through the parking lot of the Alpenhof ( I think that's the name of it, but that german type place) and out the back, through the trees, up the hill and bam, you're there!
We used to rent a condo by Little Eagle, but being in town is so much better. We'll be there for the week of Valentines Day. Funny. :D Jan was ready to book by chair 15 but I finally had input that was heard.
By the Village !!

Havasu1986
12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
We used to rent a condo by Little Eagle, but being in town is so much better. We'll be there for the week of Valentines Day.
That would be the Alpenhof Lodge. I stayed there in the early 80's. I used to stay at the Mammoth Mountain Inn because we would just park the car for the trip and walk to the lifts. They have the main lodge, bars and a couple resturants. But now it's the Village or Junniper Springs. ;)

Havasu1986
12-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Funny. :D Jan was ready to book by chair 15 but I finally had input that was heard.
By the Village !!
Ziggy,
IMO there are 2 ways to look at staying at Junniper Springs area or the Villages. Both places have a full kitchen where you can go to the store and stock up on food and drinks and never leave. I like that at J.S. I can be within 100 yards of the lift and ski in and go all day as I please during the day (beers are cheaper that way). But at night, you have to leave the underground parking area or cook your own. In the Village area, you have to carry your gear alot farther and are kinda stuck on the mountain and are eating there. But the night time is right there. Depends if your there to ski or shop. BTW..we don't have kids so that maybe a HUGE difference. ;)