PDA

View Full Version : Hey Flyin' Vees?

Boatcop
12-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Was Frog Fungus Green REALLY the look you were going for on the new house?

Jordy
12-03-2007, 04:44 PM
You're really enjoying this aren't you Alan??? :idea: :D

OCMerrill
12-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Was Frog Fungus Green REALLY the look you were going for on the new house?
Ouch.

havaduner
12-03-2007, 05:54 PM
:yuk: pictures would be nice!

Moneypitt
12-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Or at least a description of that color?......And, Alan, a brief explantion as to how you came to know what Frog Fungus Green actually looks like. (I know there is a thin blue line in your work, but frog fungus green??) Does this mean everyone in town will know where the Vs live?.........Could come in handy when looking for the party house.......MP

photo chick
12-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I heard that's the new brown! ;)

Boatcop
12-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Or at least a description of that color?......And, Alan, a brief explantion as to how you came to know what Frog Fungus Green actually looks like. (I know there is a thin blue line in your work, but frog fungus green??) Does this mean everyone in town will know where the Vs live?.........Could come in handy when looking for the party house.......MP
I just kinda made up the name. But I imagine that if frogs had fungus, it would be pretty close to that color.

rocket98
12-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Was Frog Fungus Green REALLY the lere going for on the new house?
I thought that you were keeping track for them? What happened??????????

RiverDave
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
When the house is dry it isn't that green is it? I saw it when it was wet (rain) and was thinking "WTF?" but I saw a few dry spots and it looked like a tan with a very subtle green?
RD

Boatcop
12-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Judge for yourselves.
http://www.boatcop.com/flyveegrn.JPG

Kachina26
12-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Judge for yourselves.
http://www.boatcop.com/flyveegrn.JPG
ribbet

Make it a Double
12-04-2007, 10:55 AM
I think Jordy game me that color Jello shot before:D

RiverDave
12-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Pretty sure the house color came out different then what they picked, and it's getting repainted. It was supposed to be a tan'ish color with a very subtle green tint to it or something to that effect.
RD

Ziggy
12-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Like a lot of houses that look tan in pictures that actually appear more peachy in person, I'm sure fully cured it'll be perfect for the V's. :)

MissB
12-04-2007, 11:36 AM
WOW, that's frog fungus green if I ever saw it!! j/k I think it's nice. Very "earthy"

RiverDave
12-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Jamie said the house isn't finished drying yet, and hopefully it will dry much a much lighter color. If it doesn't then it will get repainted.
RD

YeLLowBoaT
12-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Jamie said the house isn't finished drying yet, and hopefully it will dry much a much lighter color. If it doesn't then it will get repainted.
RD
unless that was just painted its not going to lighten much. The AZ sun will lighten it alot over the next year or two.
When selecting a color for house you want to pick a color in nature that is near by.

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-04-2007, 11:52 AM
well before the shiat talking and the rumors start flyin or hoppin down the road with Alan's nice little frog.
This is not the color we chose. Like Dave has said. It is suppose to be a brownish with a green tint to it.
So we will be the grinches until we can fix it.
also it is not dry. They finished the stucco the day it rained and has not had time to dry.

Ziggy
12-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Stucco does funny things when green(term for wet concrete)..:D:D I told you all it needed to finish curing ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-04-2007, 11:57 AM
I just kinda made up the name. But I imagine that if frogs had fungus, it would be pretty close to that color.
to me it is more like a rottedout tooth from a parker local. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Stucco does funny things when green(term for wet concrete)..:D:D I told you all it needed to finish curing ;)
I am hoping it cures a very different color.. It does look like a Grinch house.. :jawdrop: :D

Screaming Pete
12-04-2007, 11:59 AM
well before the shiat talking and the rumors start flyin or hoppin down the road with Alan's nice little frog.
This is not the color we chose. Like Dave has said. It is suppose to be a brownish with a green tint to it.
also it is not dry. They finished the stucco the day it rained and has not had time to dry.
I like the color myself, it's the new orange!!!!!!!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-04-2007, 12:00 PM
I like the color myself, it's the new orange!!!!!!!!
or maybe it's the new frog fungus green..:idea: :D

Ziggy
12-04-2007, 12:02 PM
I am hoping it cures a very different color.. It does look like a Grinch house.. :jawdrop: :D
It should lighten quite a bit, and a slower curing time will strengthen the stucco too.

photo chick
see I told you it was the new Brown!! I actually like it, it's kind of a seafoam color.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
also if you notice the dryer patches toward the top of the house. they are lighter. but still not right. :cry:

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-04-2007, 12:03 PM
see I told you it was the new Brown!! I actually like it, it's kind of a seafoam color.:D
well I guess we won't have to worry about any lights in the front.. I may glow in the dark. :jawdrop: :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-04-2007, 12:04 PM
It should lighten quite a bit, and a slower curing time will strengthen the stucco too.
I hope so Zig..
The day we pulled up our jaws dropped about to our ankles.. :jawdrop:

OCMerrill
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
or maybe it's the new frog fungus green..:idea: :D
Frog Fungus Green...envy. :D
Personally I like the Frog House.
http://www.froghouse.com/Images/Layout/History/img_synopsis_1.jpg

Ziggy
12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I hope so Zig..
The day we pulled up our jaws dropped about to our ankles.. :jawdrop:
Well if it does lighten enough when it dries out you'll probably hate it everytime it rains thereafter...:D:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Frog Fungus Green...envy. :D
Personally I like the Frog House.
http://www.froghouse.com/Images/Layout/History/img_synopsis_1.jpg
LMAO!!:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Well if it does lighten enough when it dries out you'll probably hate it everytime it rains thereafter...:D:D
Yep.. :D :D

Devil's Advocate
12-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey, in the eternal words of Kermit, "It's not easy being green." :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey, in the eternal words of Kermit, "It's not easy being green." :D
LMAO!! I guess we can change our names from the flyin vee's to kermit and Mrs. Piggy.. :idea: :D :D

Devil's Advocate
12-04-2007, 01:20 PM
LMAO!! I guess we can change our names from the flyin vee's to kermit and Mrs. Piggy.. :idea: :D :D
Well I haven't seen the Mr. but I don't think you can pass for a Miss Piggy there missy.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Well I haven't seen the Mr. but I don't think you can pass for a Miss Piggy there missy.:D
Well the way I feel lately I think I can. Now for the Mr. hmmm. I don't think so. :D

plaster dave
12-04-2007, 05:26 PM
I have done this a thousand times and that is your color. I am sorry guys but curing will not change the color at all. "The curing is for the cement coat not the stucco coat. Cement get 80% of its strength in 28 days then is always curing for life."
If you wet it with a hose that is the color wet. Next to it is the color dry and it is not going to change. Tell them to fog coat it to the correct color you want or restucco it at there expense. Don't let them tell you well it rained sorry it's not our fault. Because it is. If you have any question on what to do or to tell them dont hesitate to call. 818-402-2769

boatnam2
12-04-2007, 06:16 PM
I would have them re stucco it,not a plaster expert but was a labor back in the day and heard that painting(although many do it)is the worst thing you can do to plaster it is porus and needs to breath and the paint seals it.

whiteworks
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I like it, Green for the money and Gold for the honeys.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/greengold.jpg

shueman
12-04-2007, 07:02 PM
I have done this a thousand times and that is your color. I am sorry guys but curing will not change the color at all. "The curing is for the cement coat not the stucco coat. Cement get 80% of its strength in 28 days then is always curing for life."
If you wet it with a hose that is the color wet. Next to it is the color dry and it is not going to change. Tell them to fog coat it to the correct color you want or restucco it at there expense. Don't let them tell you well it rained sorry it's not our fault. Because it is. If you have any question on what to do or to tell them dont hesitate to call. 818-402-2769
There ya go... :cool::)