PDA

View Full Version : AZ Property Tax ?

BADBLOWN572
03-06-2006, 07:44 AM
What is the rate of property taxes on homes in AZ?

BADBLOWN572
03-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Awesome. Thank you!

prosthogod
03-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Don't believe it. I just calculated my PT and it is 1.13% once they add in all the local crap. They just raised mine 7K in one year and will do so again next yr. It is f****ed. I have a name of an attourney that only does appeals .

BADBLOWN572
03-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Interesting.
BB, what county do you have/plan to have this property in?
Looking in Havasu and Parker.

2Driver
03-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Depends on where your house is. Even where your house is within a county. Call the county assessor for where you live or are looking to live.
Also depends on land vs home value as well as the grade of home etc. Each get an applied cost to the value. So when people say it's X% I believe that is a guideline.

nodigg
03-06-2006, 08:35 AM
I own a few properties in Havi and cannot figure out the tax system on them!
(Less than they should be)..SHHHH! I asked a knowledgable realtor/builder in town and he is perplexed also.

Essex502
03-06-2006, 08:44 AM
As I understand it the property tax rate is 1%. There are additional local fees that sometimes apply and sometimes discounted rates as well. It is confusing. The one good thing is that Arizona doesn't access the Supplemental Property Tax immediately when a new house is built. It takes about 1 or so to catch up with the full rate unlike CA where the supplemental bill arrives within a few weeks of closing on a new home.

Newcastle
03-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Buy mine!!! :D :D :D

ColeTR2
03-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Dan your friends place near the ramp looks like it going to get taken over by the weeds. It's such a nice place but it's getting realy run down. What up with it? Does he just not care about it anymore? That's such a cool place.

BADBLOWN572
03-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Dan your friends place near the ramp looks like it going to get taken over by the weeds. It's such a nice place but it's getting realy run down. What up with it? Does he just not care about it anymore? That's such a cool place.
He recently passed away and the house is in a dispute between his heirs. They don't care about it. They just want the money. :cry: :cry: :cry:

ColeTR2
03-06-2006, 09:42 AM
He recently passed away and the house is in a dispute between his heirs. They don't care about it. They just want the money. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: check your pm's

BADBLOWN572
03-06-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: check your pm's
Don't have any. :(

nodigg
03-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Give me a thousand dollars or I am making a call biach.....lol
Nice avatar! Is that Margie? lol!

ThongMagnet
03-06-2006, 11:16 AM
My taxes for 2007 went up $100 to $1550 a year. :cry:

cdog
03-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Az property tax's are based on a % assesed value. Residential is 10% of assesed value. To equate use this formula Assesed value at 100k. 10% of would be 10k. You then take your tax rate of say $12.00 per $1000 of assesed value that equals $1200 a year. Diff.areas and city's will have diff. rates. There is not current tax prop. for AZ on increases such as in OC where the county can increase by max of 2% per year. Hope that helps.

Tequila-John
03-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Dan i thought that was your dads place? Hmmmm

BADBLOWN572
03-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Dan i thought that was your dads place? Hmmmm
Dad's best friend's place. My grandfather purchased the house back in 1980 and sold it to my dad's friend in 1982. Our family has had full use of the house since 1980. I grew up on Parker in that house. Really sad to see that it has deteriorated like it has.

Boatcop
03-06-2006, 07:37 PM
The state doesn't have a property tax rate. The county administers the property taxes for all areas of the county, and all the special taxing districts. Among those are (or could be):
Fire Districts
School Districts
Community College Districts
Hospital Districts
Jail Districts
Special Imrovment Districts
Water Districts
Street Lighting Districts
Currently all the above are in La Paz County (Parker). Some apply in all areas, others apply in only one or two.
La Paz County currently taxes at 2.5% of assesed value. (Example= $100,000 assessment (residential) @ 10% = $10,000 x 2.5% = $250.00.
Other districts that may tax you could add up to an additional 11-13% assessment. The County has nothng to do with setting those rates. They just collect it for distribution to those Districts.

SummitKarl
03-06-2006, 08:40 PM
The mohave county tax game......how it works
your taxes are based off two things
your "Land Value" + your "Improved value" these two determine your taxable value......NOT YOUR SALES PRICE like TAXIFORNIA.
and a sale or resale does not affect these numbers. your taxes are determined by the county assessor, who uses a Formula to determine market value inflation against your "LAND VALUE".....your "Improved Value" will increase if you add something like a garage or pool or for the most part ANYTHING that requires a permit. and they only add the new improvement to your old Improved value, they do not reassess the whole property. also inflation is added into this so your Improved Value does CREEP a bit.
there is no set standard for you to figure your taxes here, you are at the mercy of the County assessor to not assess your home for more than it's worth
in general the Assessed values are MUCH!!!!!!!!! lower than the market value
But there are those that just don't get it.. and say I want Reaccessed.... well guess what happens.......they get revalued at current market rate effectively doubling their taxes....
I will give some numbers I know to be accurate
Last year
Land = 43k + Improved 74k total 117k/10 = 11.7k full cash value
limited value 89k/10% = $890 property tax for the year.
The actuality of it is my home could easily sell for $300k yet I am only paying property tax on $89k.
next year is a different story total value is 191k a limited value of 120k/10 =$1200 property tax for next year.
There is no prop 13 out here so it's basically a crap shoot :rolleyes:
if you know the parcell number or the addy you can go to this link to get your tax info for Mohave County
http://www.co.mohave.az.us/depts/assessor/prop_info.asp

nodigg
03-07-2006, 08:07 PM
NOW it makes sense!