PDA

View Full Version : Fer focks sake

soupersonic
12-04-2007, 06:20 AM
I posted an ad on Craigs list for a fishing boat last night. No this isnt spam (although id like to sell it ;) ) and this response was first thing this morning in an email. These geniouses think i just fell off the turnip truck,well maybe i did but it wasnt yesterday :devil:
Heres the CL link
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/497710173.html
And heres what this dipstick writes
Hi,
I came across your ads at the website you have it posted,i'll like you to understand
that i have so much interest to buy your BOAT if still available,though some info are
on the site but i'll appreciate if you give following details here.
1)The present condition.
2)why you want to sell it
3)Exact and final price.
4)Send picture if available
5)Let me know the pickup arrangement though i've a reliable shipper who use to take
care of my shipment that can come for the pickup.
6)Payment by bank cashier's check.
7)Document if available
Read from you.
Cheers,
MANN..
e-mail me at : mann_88inc@hotmail.com

YODA
12-04-2007, 06:25 AM
419 scam. My daughter received the same type of email when she was selling her quad. I tried to play the idiot, but he must have gotten scared off

INSman
12-04-2007, 06:28 AM
focken nigerian scammers, I had a dumb buddy that actually fell for one of these deals on a sofa he was selling, stupid focktard :eek:

HM
12-04-2007, 06:37 AM
focken nigerian scammers, I had a dumb buddy that actually fell for one of these deals on a sofa he was selling, stupid focktard :eek:
I had a buddy that almost got taken when selling an aquarium. The guy was on his way to pickup the aquarium when I called my buddy out of the blue and he told me the deal. It was the whole she-bang scam....cashiers check for too much in which the guy wanted the difference wired to his account...and giving my buddy a little extra for the hassle. I told him to ask the guy to go to the bank with him for security purposes. When my buddy asked him, the guy got in his car and left. Never heard from him again.

Sherpa
12-04-2007, 07:00 AM
I had a buddy that almost got taken when selling an aquarium. The guy was on his way to pickup the aquarium when I called my buddy out of the blue and he told me the deal. It was the whole she-bang scam....cashiers check for too much in which the guy wanted the difference wired to his account...and giving my buddy a little extra for the hassle. I told him to ask the guy to go to the bank with him for security purposes. When my buddy asked him, the guy got in his car and left. Never heard from him again.
he should have never let him go........ better off getting in a beating before
letting him go.....
--Sherpa

2Driver
12-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Besides the scammers Craigs just pulls the bottom feeder buyers. I sell stuff on Craigs but there are sure a lot of people that just call to talk then end the conversation with wanting directions to your house. I tell them to call back when they are serious and ready to make an appointment. I meet them at a nearby store if they do.
BTW: You should try posting your pics to a web hoster vs Craigs so you get better picture quality and more of them. It always helps me sell faster.

OCMerrill
12-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Besides the scammers Craigs just pulls the bottom feeder buyers. I sell stuff on Craigs but there are sure a lot of people that just call to talk then end the conversation with wanting directions to your house. I tell them to call back when they are serious and ready to make an appointment. I meet them at a nearby store if they do.
BTW: You should try posting your pics to a web hoster vs Craigs so you get better picture quality and more of them. It always helps me sell faster.
This is what I noticed. Selling my small kids quad I had in spam here a month or so ago. I placed the add on Craigs List and within 2 hrs I had a very similar Cashiers check deal.
I also had many other strange emails. What color is it? What you can't see the picture over in Nigeria? Must be using an old donated CRT monitor. LMAO.
Then there are the I would buy it now if you tell me your lowest price. I had several of these.
I bought my son a bigger quad off Craigslist. That poor guy went through hell before I called him.
That list thing has to remain free. If they charge even $1 that whole deal would disappear in 5 min.

roostwear
12-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Email them back and provide the info. Tell them that there are just 2 minor changes you require. They must send $5000 over the agreed upon price before pickup (of course you'll mail the difference back to them later), and instead of a cashier's check, you require cash.

Dave C
12-04-2007, 09:09 AM
I tell them I will accept a cashiers check... if its wrapped in cash for the full price ;) ;)

soupersonic
12-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Maybe this is what we do to get rid of our old boats, instead of taking them to the junkyard and having to pay to dispose of it. Maybe we can get a fake cashiers check from them and then they can dispose of the old crap we dont want anymore. I wonder who pick the stuff up for them. We could arrange for their "shipper" to meet at a convenience store or something so they dont know where we live :D
Instead of this
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171700
we get some scammer to haul our stuff off :D

PinkTaco
12-04-2007, 12:39 PM
I posted an ad on Craigs list for a fishing boat last night. No this isnt spam (although id like to sell it ;) ) and this response was first thing this morning in an email. These geniouses think i just fell off the turnip truck,well maybe i did but it wasnt yesterday :devil:
Heres the CL link
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/497710173.html
And heres what this dipstick writes
Hi,
I came across your ads at the website you have it posted,i'll like you to understand
that i have so much interest to buy your BOAT if still available,though some info are
on the site but i'll appreciate if you give following details here.
1)The present condition.
2)why you want to sell it
3)Exact and final price.
4)Send picture if available
5)Let me know the pickup arrangement though i've a reliable shipper who use to take
care of my shipment that can come for the pickup.
6)Payment by bank cashier's check.
7)Document if available
Read from you.
Cheers,
MANN..
e-mail me at : mann_88inc@hotmail.com
I received the exact same email on a Jon boat I was selling.