PDA

View Full Version : Fake, Farmed or Natural?

2Driver
12-04-2007, 09:34 AM
We'll be heading up to the National forest to find the perfect Charlie Brown X-mas tree once again this year.
It's a lot of work but nothing beats the activity with the kid and the smell of a fresh tree in the living room.

AzLakeLizard
12-04-2007, 10:08 AM
We'll be heading up to the National forest to find the perfect Charlie Brown X-mas tree once again this year.
It's a lot of work but nothing beats the activity with the kid and the smell of a fresh tree in the living room.
We head up to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon every year!.. get our permit and pick out our very own tree! Bring some picnic stuff along and some hot toddies and frolic in the snow!:D
The smell of the tree, and how long it lasts! and then we cut it up later and burn it. Or let them pick up the trees to be used for fish habitats. :idea:

OCMerrill
12-04-2007, 10:12 AM
We went to the famous tree farm of Home Depot. :rolleyes:
You win:D . Although my kids had a great experience and lesson in watching Daddy's blood pressure rise as we stood in a 45 min line. :mad:
I think we will buy a tree from a farm next year. Tag it as a baby, let it grow up, order it chopped, and pu by appointment...Baller style. :D
HD and Lowes have put most of the corner tree lot guys out of business here in south OC anyway. The ones that remain the trees are super spendy. Spending a Hundy on a small tree just feels wrong to me.

Racey
12-04-2007, 10:54 AM
The fake ones are always a little firmer and more perky and are great to look at, haven't had any experience with the farmed models, but nothing beats big naturals :D :D :D

OCMerrill
12-04-2007, 01:07 PM
but nothing beats big naturals :D :D :D
Now that's the Christmas spirit! :D

Flyinbowtie
12-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Farmed this year, Cindy wanted the live smell. Usually, I go up in the attic and pick one out. I agonize over it for a moment, then cut right to the chase, choosing the box that is closest to the crawl hole.
We used to cut them right off the property when the boys were younger, then started going to a cut-yer-own tree farm just east of town before we bought a couple of fakers.

Waist Deep
12-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Been fake the past 5 years. Figured I liked the feel of the wifes bolt ons, so why not give the tree a chance. Nice and Firm here as well. Nothing dropping either.

MissB
12-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Been fake the past 5 years. Figured I liked the feel of the wifes bolt ons, so why not give the tree a chance. Nice and Firm here as well. Nothing dropping either.
ROFLMAO!! thats funny.... same reason I got a fakie last year!! I figured all my girlfriends did it why not me?? Plus the Fabreeze Pine scent is so close to the real thing!

riverracerx
12-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Lowes fake tree. Easy, and looks good. No spiders in the house.

Outnumbered
12-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Make sure you get a permit. If you get caught with a tree and no permit the tree huggers will hang your ass.:D

Outnumbered
12-04-2007, 02:23 PM
The fake ones are always a little firmer and more perky and are great to look at, haven't had any experience with the farmed models, but nothing beats big naturals :D :D :D
I opened the thread thinking boobies too:devil: Must be a guy thing:D

AZJD
12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Used to be one of my favorite things as a kid. Go cut down a tree at the local tree farm. We had several of them right in the middle of Anaheim. I think there still might be a few nurseries with live trees around the railroad tracks that run between Ball and Katella.

INI
12-04-2007, 02:34 PM
had my tree delivered this past weekend....straight from Oregon....love it and the smells are the best i can remember.......He said that most "Pumpkin City" Tree Stores cut the trees in October and they are then frozen in box cars and delivered to the cities now....The ones they delivered were cut last week and tagged with the date and in the house 1 week later...
9-10 was only 150 bucks for a noble fur.....REALLY GOOD PRICE IF YOU ASK ME

2Driver
12-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Make sure you get a permit. If you get caught with a tree and no permit the tree huggers will hang your ass.:D
;) Came with the cabin rental up in Pinetop.

2Driver
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
. Or let them pick up the trees to be used for fish habitats. :idea: Sort of like that one lower unit huh. :D