PDA

View Full Version : Torco Oil

BlueNun
12-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Does anyone use Torco oil?
Evan Knoll is a great guy and spends millions on sponsoring all forms of racing that we all enjoy watching. I haven't used any of it personally but want to get some info from anybody that has used it. I personally try to use product from a company like them that really helps out all forms of racing.
I remember Clinton Anderson and a few drag racers use it. Anybody use it in there lake boat??

BDMar
12-05-2007, 12:11 PM
We use it in all our HP stuff

WannabeRacing
12-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I started using the skull shine stuff and love it. The de-greaser is heaven sent and actually paint safe!!
I use the top end lube/alcohol stabilizer and have not had any problems.
The local race fuels guy says that he is over a hundred $$ less per 55 gallon drum on equivalent race fuels supplies, and I will speak with him soon to see how the reception is on this stuff. I have not used the race fuels myself. I have yet to use the oils. But if their support continues, I will be buying. If it checks out O.K. then out with the Valvoline VR1 and in with the TORCO!!
Go Evan!!!

mondorally
12-05-2007, 01:49 PM
We run it in our Pfaff motors per their recommendation.

40FlatDeck
12-05-2007, 02:59 PM
I run Torco in my 6's. Last time I used Alisyn and liked it though so I might be changing.

Beer-30
12-05-2007, 03:35 PM
I use it in my Bravo-I and in all differentials. I have driven trucks that have burnt up almost ever other syn, but we couldn't hurt the Torco. I have used their gear lubes ever since. Great stuff.

@theRVR
12-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Does anyone use Torco oil?
Evan Knoll is a great guy and spends millions on sponsoring all forms of racing that we all enjoy watching. I haven't used any of it personally but want to get some info from anybody that has used it. I personally try to use product from a company like them that really helps out all forms of racing.
I remember Clinton Anderson and a few drag racers use it. Anybody use it in there lake boat??
Evan Knoll is a great guy but he dosen't have anything to do with Torco Oil, but I have ran torco oil since '95 and have had no problems at all with it.

Cs19
12-07-2007, 01:58 PM
like he said torco oil is not related to torco fuels/even knoll. ive heard good things about that oil though, ran some of their 2 stroke oils in my ittle race motors, worked great. torco race fuels are the bomb.

JryLineman
12-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Sounds like good stuff. I'm doing my lowers this weekened with Royal Purple Max Gear 75 90 weight.

Beer-30
12-08-2007, 09:35 AM
This is what I use:
http://www.torcousa.com/ProductImages/060912104639rtf_racing_trans_fluid_pop.jpg
Product Description
RTF Racing Transmission Fluid is specifically engineered to reduce fluid drag for increased power efficiency without compromising component durability. It is made from a combination of specially selected 100% synthetic Group IV/V base oils proving superior shear resistance and extreme temperature stability. RTF is specially formulated to exceed the load-carrying and extreme pressure wear protection properties of higher viscosity GL-5 or GL-6 gear oils. RTF provides anti-score protection for high speed, high load and high torque shock-loading conditions, while allowing smooth operation of synchronizers.
Typical Uses
Recommended for manual transmissions, transaxles and marine outdrive units where an SAE 75W90, 80W90 or 90 is specified. Also replaces SAE motor oil 10W30, 30, 10W40 or 40 where specified for transmissions. Commonly used in circle track (Winston Cup, Busch, modified, stock), road racing, formula, open wheel (Champ Cars, IRL Cars), off road, drag racing, sports compact street and domestic performance street applications. Highly recommended for achieving maximum power efficiency. Excellent for dry sump and fluid drive gear cases. Note: RTF is specifically recommended for Richmond Gear Racing Transmissions.

camoman
12-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Just go to torcousa.com for all oil products;)