PDA

View Full Version : jet boat insurance.......

468miller
12-04-2007, 02:37 PM
so after no response on several calls, and messages to this wozencraft guy i went to farmers across the street from my new casa and they insured the boat, with ot headers, and yes they did take pictures, big block, etc........i got non insured motorist up to 100,000.00..14,500.00 on the boat, and 5500.00 on the trailer, in case of theft or sinking it.....547.00 a year..i was pleased:D

Mr. Crusader 83
12-04-2007, 02:52 PM
so after no response on several calls, and messages to this wozencraft guy i went to farmers across the street from my new casa and they insured the boat, with ot headers, and yes they did take pictures, big block, etc........i got non insured motorist up to 100,000.00..14,500.00 on the boat, and 5500.00 on the trailer, in case of theft or sinking it.....547.00 a year..i was pleased:D
GIVE ME THEIR NUMBER. NO ONE WILL INSURE MINE OUT HERE.

468miller
12-04-2007, 03:09 PM
ur boat does NOT go over 60mph, they didnt ask or care bout horsepower...........0-60 mph........farmers......60-70 mph, underwriter............. 70+ nobody will insure.......but the agent said fell free to call, tell her rick sent you.......4805587100...ask for jessica:D

468miller
12-04-2007, 03:09 PM
plus im positive with my new 468 being built ill only get 55mph....:D

1978 Rogers
12-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Mines about he same price, $647 for year. The biggest thing is HP and OT headers, which my boat has neither. :D I told them is pretty stock at 300 hp. Obviosly if it was blown and I get in a crash, I wouldn't be covered.

Jordy
12-04-2007, 03:37 PM
May as well save your money and not have insurance in the event of an accident if you're going to be making stuff up about HP and speed numbers as you're just throwing your premiums away. :idea:

squirt'nmyload
12-04-2007, 03:50 PM
May as well save your money and not have insurance in the event of an accident if you're going to be making stuff up about HP and speed numbers as you're just throwing your premiums away. :idea:
mark it dude!!.....468, are you talking about this daytona that you got? if so, like jordy said you will probably get nothing. i'm thinking if you do make a claim and an adjuster sees the boat, they will know that a daytona goes over 60 pretty easily. most agents in the office have no clue about boats and are not going to say no to taking your money :)

Rvr Swpr
12-04-2007, 03:57 PM
GIVE ME THEIR NUMBER. NO ONE WILL INSURE MINE OUT HERE.
Try Beaver Ins. Agency in Parker 669-2255

468miller
12-04-2007, 04:04 PM
no, the miller, gf said i could keep it, ya they said no to the daytona already.........:(

cave
12-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I had insurance for years till I used it. They did pay the claim but then dropped me like I was hot. I found many that would take my money but few that would after I told them OT headers and 55+. If your stretching the truth they will not have to pay a claim. Remember they are here to take your money and make it as hard as Phuck to pay any claim.
No offense to Wozencraft. I know he has tried to get out type boats insured. 468 be careful bro. Should the worse occur, you could be denied your claim because of a couple of miles per hour difference. Good luck

1968Droptop
12-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Be careful 468. The insurance co's have big priced lawyers, in the event of a claim they'll find out it does more than 60mph w/o much trouble. Then your policy will be fraudulant, and they won't pay !!! Happened to more than one guy here already. Your pissing your money away if your not being honest !!!
P.S. I had about as much luck as you with Wozencraft :mad:.

squirt'nmyload
12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
no, the miller, gf said i could keep it, ya they said no to the daytona already.........:(
sweet deal.......... like everyone said, i would be honest with them :)

468miller
12-04-2007, 06:25 PM
i could put a ford in it, then i wouldnt have to strech the truth..........:D .....ok no hate mail please, im only kidding:D ........ya thanks for the info guys, im carefull of how i drive, i mainly wanted it in case the bitch gets stolen........kinna hard to prove 60+ with no boat............:idea:

jetboatperformance
12-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Guys I still belive this guy Al Thompson is legit and will honesly write " your" boat in CA and AZ ,tunnel rams headers etc give him a call (he quoted around 500 for my 69' Schiada flat ,T 'Ram ,2 carbs ,and OT headers ,Check out what it states on the Home page (Jets, Flats etc )...Tom :idea:
BTW Jordy "nailed it" re claims adjusters
http://performanceboatinsure.com/

SANGER-RICH
12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Guys I still belive this guy Al Thompson is legit and will honesly write " your" boat in CA and AZ ,tunnel rams headers etc give him a call (he quoted around 500 for my 69' Schiada flat ,T 'Ram ,2 carbs ,and OT headers ,Check out what it states on the Home page (Jets, Flats etc )...Tom :idea:
BTW Jordy "nailed it" re claims adjusters
http://performanceboatinsure.com/
Is that for a year or 6 months??

Longstr
12-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Mine is 550 per year Allied/Nationwide ins. :D

Jetaholic
12-13-2007, 07:35 PM
ur boat does NOT go over 60mph, they didnt ask or care bout horsepower...........
And make DAMN sure not to disclose the eBay or Craigs List speeds or your focked. :D

squirt'nmyload
12-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Mine is 550 per year Allied/Nationwide ins. :D
for the boat in your avatar??? i've been with nationwide insurance for 13 years. i figured i'd give them the first shot and they told me that there was no way that they would insure my boat.

Longstr
12-14-2007, 05:05 AM
Yep for the TX... :D I go throughn Allied (Nationwide owns them) I am an adjuster for them so they dont ask for pics, etc. just what I want for coverage... :D

jetboatperformance
12-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Is that for a year or 6 months??
Rich that was a quote for a year from Al personally ,Tom:D

1968Droptop
12-14-2007, 10:22 AM
for the boat in your avatar??? i've been with nationwide insurance for 13 years. i figured i'd give them the first shot and they told me that there was no way that they would insure my boat.
What hull do you have again Squiten ? I have found out that depnding on the hull mfg will depend if you can get it covered. My buddy has a 19' Cheyenne, full coverage, insured for 15K. Costs him like $550 a year. Other friend has a 19' Eliminator, no possible way to insure it. The insurance co.'s don't seem to know about hulls like the Cheyenne, TX-19, etc. They do know Eliminator, and that name gets the axe out every time !!!

HammerDown
12-14-2007, 12:57 PM
mark it dude!!.....468, are you talking about this daytona that you got? if so, like jordy said you will probably get nothing. i'm thinking if you do make a claim and an adjuster sees the boat, they will know that a daytona goes over 60 pretty easily. most agents in the office have no clue about boats and are not going to say no to taking your money :)
How very true...when I tried to insure my "Daytona" it was on the (not) list.:rolleyes:
An of coures, OT headers just put the icing on the "no"!

jetboat
12-14-2007, 01:22 PM
have been insured with progressive for about two years.just rolled the policy over to the new boat.the old had logs,title said 200hp!wella,full coverage.problem as many have stated,new boat,ot headers,title 225hp,hp almost 500 with pro stock air scoop.nothing looks stock.so i thought if i had a claim,they would think i commited fraud.so all i have now is libality for passangers or to other boaters.if its stollen or sinks!we wont go there.

squirt'nmyload
12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
What hull do you have again Squiten ? I have found out that depnding on the hull mfg will depend if you can get it covered. My buddy has a 19' Cheyenne, full coverage, insured for 15K. Costs him like $550 a year. Other friend has a 19' Eliminator, no possible way to insure it. The insurance co.'s don't seem to know about hulls like the Cheyenne, TX-19, etc. They do know Eliminator, and that name gets the axe out every time !!!
i have a caribbean(hardin marine). i think you are right about the hull mfg thing. ot headers and daytonas seems to be the killer for most insurance deals. i also think for most people that when they first try to make a claim, unless you have submited pics or had an agent actually look at the boat before they covered it, they are gonna get the shaft.
how bout this......has anyone ever had to make a claim and did the insurance co pony up?????????????????????

cave
12-14-2007, 05:54 PM
I have. But after they paid up they canceled my insurance. But they had pics and I didn't lie about anything. I had apx 310hp as the paperwork spec from Kachina. Boat US had the policy. They did pay the claim.
Had I lied my adjuster said I'd be SOL.

1968Droptop
12-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Exactly what I was telling 468 and others, you lie you lose !!!
P.S. How's the engine build going Cave ???

468miller
12-14-2007, 07:01 PM
talked to my insurance agent today, and gave him the pictures of the boat and motor, took your guys advise and told him i decided to go a diffrent route and built alot more horses, like cave said i didnt want them to not pay a claim, and he said no problem, wrote it under a diffrent policy, like the one he said they use for fast bass boats and my policy only went up 87.52 for the year, kinna feel better now, thanks guys..........;)

jetboatperformance
12-14-2007, 07:39 PM
talked to my insurance agent today, and gave him the pictures of the boat and motor, took your guys advise and told him i decided to go a diffrent route and built alot more horses, like cave said i didnt want them to not pay a claim, and he said no problem, wrote it under a diffrent policy, like the one he said they use for fast bass boats and my policy only went up 87.52 for the year, kinna feel better now, thanks guys..........;)
468 I'm proud of you ! Over and above JBP we own and operate an Insurance related business and I can assure you particularly in this financial market Ins companies are looking hard at thier claims ! Tom

Jetaholic
12-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Honestly though, how can an insurance company tell if your boat can do over a certain speed and how much hp you're packin'?

Longstr
12-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Honestly though, how can an insurance company tell if your boat can do over a certain speed and how much hp you're packin'?
All ins. companies have a different variety of knowledge from there adjusters, take for instance myself... I work 99 percent auto claims but when boat claims come across our office, who do you think gets them? ME the guy who knows boats. Same goes for farm equptiment, houses, etc. :D

1968Droptop
12-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Nice work 468. You can't buy better piece of mind for an extra $7.15 a month !!!

468miller
12-14-2007, 09:47 PM
thanks..........;)

squirt'nmyload
12-14-2007, 11:31 PM
I have. But after they paid up they canceled my insurance. But they had pics and I didn't lie about anything. I had apx 310hp as the paperwork spec from Kachina. Boat US had the policy. They did pay the claim.
thats exactly what i was thinking
way to go 468. since i was a kid i was told there is no reason to lie unless you have something to hide :)

468miller
12-15-2007, 12:06 AM
about 400 ponies worth ...........:D .....ya i feel better now..........;)