PDA

View Full Version : Duramax Twin Turbo Setup

Flashover
03-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Did anyone see that setup on Spike TV on Saturday or Sunday. Banks did a twin turbo setup on a Duramax, They put it on the dyno and it put out over 730 hp and over 1130 lbs of tourqe. It was bad ass. :crossx: :crossx:

02HoWaRd26
03-06-2006, 09:25 AM
NOpe but it sure sounds cool

havaduner
03-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Will this be a long term test for Banks? I think it would be cool, just curious how long it will stay together.

INSman
03-06-2006, 09:31 AM
I heard that Ford has this coming for 2007, so if they can do it I don't see why Banks can't :)

essexjet
03-06-2006, 09:33 AM
http://www.getpower.com/onTelevision_clips/Banks-DMax-TT.jpg

dirty old man
03-06-2006, 09:49 AM
will this fit under the hood of my 3500 duramax?

Jordy
03-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Poor little 1000 cowering behind that monster... :D :D :D

TOBTEK
03-06-2006, 10:01 AM
how AWESOME would that be! untill it broke down on Rice road at 11:00 pm on a saterday night :cool: All that stuff is fun untill it starts breaking, OR sometimes NEVER works as stated. And you know the set-up is inexpensive :rolleyes: interested to see the long term reliability of this. SAY GOOD BYE to any warranty on your new truck as well.

Sleek-Jet
03-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Doesn't Ford have a dealer installed twin turbo option now??
I know a guy that used one for repo work, all the factory warranties applied... except for the tranny. :crossx:

dieseldog
03-06-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm not that impressed with the banks stuff. Those #'s are flywheel HP and TQ. I see #'s better than that all the time on daily drivers and a stock charger. Typical Banks propaganda. We had a daily driver dmax do 519HP and 1065TQ at the rear wheels last month on a stock charger. I think its funny how banks always chooses to compete, where there is no competition. Fastest diesel in the world? well of course, no one is going in that direction. Fastest roadracing diesel truck? of course, theres no competition, yet. Why don't they make a 1/4mile truck and compete in the DHRA? Why don't they sledpull? At the truckjam in irvine last year there was a "dyno challenge" that banks sponsored, but they wouldn't put a truck on it? They said and I quote " we'd rather do the burnout contest" I said, " come on we just laid down 613, and 1400+tq, I'm pretty sure this truck can do a burnout. Put it on the rollers" - "Na". Sorry I just don't care for misleading advertising. Back to working on the world's strongest diesel powered blender. Flame suit on. Rant over.

soupersonic
03-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I wont flame you, i agree totally. Banks is way overrated. Any good shop will say the same thing. The guys who worked on mine are laying down 12's at the track launching with 4x4 at 30 #'s of boost. It doesnt stay together unless you know what your doing. Alot of other companies are making some excellent twin turbo setups and can back it up with numbers off the dyno sheets. Thats not the first time i have heard of Banks not wanting to dyno their stuff. Piers and Industrial Injection are making some sweet twins but mostly you can the same with a bigger single turbo, depends on the application.

Run_em_Hard
03-06-2006, 11:39 AM
I agree with the last two. Banks is overrated. You can get better quality with better results for less. Plain and simple. The only thing that you get that is better is you might get two cool stickers instead of one.

NashvilleBound
03-06-2006, 03:32 PM
http://www.getpower.com/onTelevision_clips/Banks-DMax-TT.jpg
What is this supposed to go in? PAH-LEASE tell me its my 07 Superduty!!