PDA

View Full Version : Gas Station wants to Charge me HELP!!!

Nord
12-05-2007, 06:30 AM
So last night, I pulled a bonehead. I was at the Shell station and started pumping gas, and went inside to go buy something (which I never usually do). I come out, and start to pull away from the pump and realize, I've never taken the actual pump gun dealio off of my truck. Well, right when I realized that, it was too late. It came disconnected at the pump. The gas didn't even spray anywhere because they have a ball valve thing that seals it off when disconnected.
Now here is the deal. I've seen this happen before, and they just reconnect it by pushing the thing back in the joint where it connects. They tell me not to worry just leave it there.
I just got a call about 20 minutes ago stating I owe them 150 bucks because they had to have a guy go out and put the thing back on.
What should I do?? Had I known this, I would have reconnected the f*cker myself. I can't believe they would call me at like 6:10a:m as well. I'm pissed!!!
I feel like I'm getting ripped off.

Jbb
12-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Tell them to F**k Off....Pulled pumps are just a cost of doing business...:D
What's more ....Tell em if they ever call at 6 am again, you will disconnect his head...:D

YeLLowBoaT
12-05-2007, 06:34 AM
The hoses have breakway connections in them, they don't go back toegther. They cost about $150. Use to work nights at one in college.
Pay it, say your sorry.

new2cats
12-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Tell them to pound sand...the disconnect is designed to be a "quick-change"....unless you broke the collar. They cannot charge your card without authorization!!! If they do, contest it. Also, threaten to contact the department of weights and measures as you believe their pump is "miscalculated"...they will be ...."bery, bery happy my friend to be forgetting about this whole incident...we are oh so sorry to have incovenienced you" (my lame attempt at Middle Eastern verbiage!!!)
Good luck.....everyone does it one time in their life.
PS-One of my buddies drove from Barstow to Vegas with the hose and handle still in his car....when he pulled up to the Valet at the Lake Las Vegas Hyatt, I met him and he looked like the biggest asswipe.......that is BONEHEAD!!!!!

YeLLowBoaT
12-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Tell them to pound sand...the disconnect is designed to be a "quick-change"....unless you broke the collar. They cannot charge your card without authorization!!! If they do, contest it. Also, threaten to contact the department of weights and measures as you believe their pump is "miscalculated"...they will be ...."bery, bery happy my friend to be forgetting about this whole incident...we are oh so sorry to have incovenienced you" (my lame attempt at Middle Eastern verbiage!!!)
PS-One of my buddies drove from Barstow to Vegas with the hose and handle still in his car....when he pulled up to the Valet at the Lake Las Vegas Hyatt, I met him and he looked like the biggest asswipe.......that is BONEHEAD!!!!!
you do know they don't have to charge your card for that 150... real simple they contact the CHP, give them your lic plate number and other info... you get a nice letter in the mail saying to pay up... if you don't... you will end up owing them more money as well as dealing with the CHP.

new2cats
12-05-2007, 06:49 AM
you do know they don't have to charge your card for that 150... real simple they contact the CHP, give them your lic plate number and other info... you get a nice letter in the mail saying to pay up... if you don't... you will end up owing them more money as well as dealing with the CHP.
Probably right....just wondering where it is written or implied that this incident should cost the consumer.....it seems like it should be a normal part of doing business and that is is expected. It is not intentional mischief, vandalism, etc. Seems the same as dropping a huge glass jar of Jelly at the grocery store.....they just clean it up and say "have a nice day"...it is purely an occupational accident. Does it really cost $150 for the coupler?????
$150 is not lots of $$$$ but is it really fair at $3.95 per gallon, a .40 cent tax, 30% profit and 100% mark-up on candy, sodas, etc? Do not forget the 1% loan for foreign folks who open a station with the SBA; with deferred payments.......BITE ME for that $150 Haji!!!
F-in greed is the "special of the day"!!!
I woke up pissed with a headache......:devil:

b's sanger
12-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Tell them to F**k Off....Pulled pumps are just a cost of doing business...:D
What's more ....Tell em if they ever call at 6 am again, you will disconnect his head...:D
BS, that is the going rate for a nozzle repair. Man-up and take care of it.

YeLLowBoaT
12-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Its technicly a collision and covered by your INS( but don't have your INS pay for it, you won't like it) Its not just a coupler you have to replace... its every thing from the coupler on.
gas stations don't make as much money as you think, its more like 5-15% profit.

Jbb
12-05-2007, 07:02 AM
BS, that is the going rate for a nozzle repair. Man-up and take care of it.
Bs...:p ...you pay it for him...:D
He should go down there, and hand them a bill ....$200 surcharge for calling at 6am......demand your $50 change...:D

Waist Deep
12-05-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm trying to figure out the pound sand thing. Maybe we should make sure it wasn't at a quickie mart. They may take it personally.

Outnumbered
12-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Dude, take your lumps. Just pay the damn $150. You messed up...pay and move on. No biggie.
Take responsibility for your own actions. Everyone wants someone else to pay for their mistakes.:rolleyes: I don't get it.:confused:

jdogginla
12-05-2007, 07:08 AM
So you rip the hose out......they tell you not to worry. They later discover it wasn't just a quick fix and it took a 3rd party or someone with the proper parts to come out and repair the damage you caused? And you are upset that they would like to collect the cost of this?
Just making sure I understand it before I say, PAY THE $150.00!

HM
12-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Bnag!!!

Jbb
12-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Bnag!!!
snap....:D

HM
12-05-2007, 07:11 AM
snap....:D
Sanp!!!

Jbb
12-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Sanp!!!
bnag sanp.........?.......:idea:

BarryMac
12-05-2007, 07:14 AM
I think you should call Miss Perfect, she knows all about ripping gas nozzles off of the pump, she can give you some really great advice, maybe just maybe she will show you her boobs, that will cure all your pain... :D

YeLLowBoaT
12-05-2007, 07:14 AM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s270/mrmoto_2/oh_snap.gif

new2cats
12-05-2007, 07:17 AM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s270/mrmoto_2/oh_snap.gif
Now dats funny as hell ya'all...Count Fat-u-la!!!

Miss Perfect
12-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I think you should call Miss Perfect, she knows all about ripping gas nozzles off of the pump, she can give you some really great advice, maybe just maybe she will show you her boobs, that will cure all your pain... :D
I saw this thread and thought ohhhh hell, here we go again! At least I didn't get charged $150 :D

Devilman
12-05-2007, 07:20 AM
So last night, I pulled a bonehead. I was at the Shell station and started pumping gas, and went inside to go buy something (which I never usually do). I come out, and start to pull away from the pump and realize, I've never taken the actual pump gun dealio off of my truck. Well, right when I realized that, it was too late. It came disconnected at the pump. The gas didn't even spray anywhere because they have a ball valve thing that seals it off when disconnected.
Now here is the deal. I've seen this happen before, and they just reconnect it by pushing the thing back in the joint where it connects. They tell me not to worry just leave it there.
I just got a call about 20 minutes ago stating I owe them 150 bucks because they had to have a guy go out and put the thing back on.
What should I do?? Had I known this, I would have reconnected the f*cker myself. I can't believe they would call me at like 6:10a:m as well. I'm pissed!!!
How do you think the pump nozzle feels? :D

Liberator TJ1984
12-05-2007, 07:28 AM
NORD , You Hosed Yourself ! :D
to the tune of $ 150
most pumps have it posted on them that you the " user " are responsible should any damages occur to their equipment due to " operator Neglect "
gotta read the fine print disclaimer ;)

Nord
12-05-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm going to drive down there today and pay it. I wish I just put the thing back together myself.

new2cats
12-05-2007, 07:33 AM
NORD , You Hosed Yourself ! :D
to the tune of $ 150
most pumps have it posted on them that you the " user " are responsible should any damages occur to their equipment due to " operator Neglect "
gotta read the fine print disclaimer ;)
There ya go...that answers my question..if it is written, stated or implied you are sunk.....ignore my advice and pay them with a smile!!!!! I am always wrong anyway and end up in court!!!!:mad:

Jordy
12-05-2007, 07:37 AM
At least I didn't get charged $150 :D
That's because you have boobs. :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44509&stc=1&d=1196869053

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm going to drive down there today and pay it. I wish I just put the thing back together myself.
Well as long as you're wishing.....why don't you wish you put it away correctly before driving off? :idea:
RTJas :D

Rattle Can Lou
12-05-2007, 07:50 AM
You gotta be kidding me. You rip this thing out and you want somebody else to pay for it?????? How old are you? Seriously. I bet you are under 35 years old. This is what's wrong with our society. I don't wanna be a dickhead, but this is a mind blower. Take care of your actions. Wasn't that the way you were brought up? I sure hope so.

boatsntoys
12-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Pay up! you did it. Next time use FULL SERVE then you won't be responsible if it happens again.

Miss Perfect
12-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Pay up! you did it. Next time use FULL SERVE then you won't be responsible if it happens again.
Do they still have gas stations with full serve? I have not seen one in a LONG time.

RitcheyRch
12-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Is there still full service in CA?

boatsntoys
12-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Only people that DON'T know how to pump gas use full serve. My 89 YO grandma uses full serve.

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 07:57 AM
I think you should have River Dave call the gas station and explain the situation. Probably just a misunderstanding. :)

Jbb
12-05-2007, 08:05 AM
You gotta be kidding me. How old are you? Seriously.This is what's wrong with our society. I don't wanna be a dickhead, but this is a mind blower. Take care of your actions.
Make list / check twice....:jawdrop:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732k5.jpg
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/rexink.jpg
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/trafficstop.jpg
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/Louhump.jpg
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/Billycheckout.jpg

mbrown2
12-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Well as long as you're wishing.....why don't you wish you put it away correctly before driving off? :idea:
LMAO...
$150...and you are thinking its the cost of doing biz? how about the cost of YOUR FUp...
I did once before breakaways...focked up my car and the pump real bad...like $600 for the pump alone...:)

Nord
12-05-2007, 08:06 AM
You gotta be kidding me. You rip this thing out and you want somebody else to pay for it?????? How old are you? Seriously. I bet you are under 35 years old. This is what's wrong with our society. I don't wanna be a dickhead, but this is a mind blower. Take care of your actions. Wasn't that the way you were brought up? I sure hope so.
I'm old enough to know that before I cough up 150 bucks, I know my options. Read the thread again. I never stated I wasn't going to pay. I simply feel like I'm getting pumped (no pun intended) for 150 bucks for a gas attendant to walk out there and snap the thing back together. I didn't break the pump Lou. If that was the case, I would have paid and the thread would have never been started. They simply put the break-away part of the pump back together. That is what it was made for.

Jordy
12-05-2007, 08:06 AM
GET YOUR SIGGY MATERIAL HERE!!! :D :D :D
I don't wanna be a dickhead, but this is a mind blower.

Jbb
12-05-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm old enough to know that before I cough up 150 bucks, I know my options. Read the thread again. I never stated I wasn't going to pay. I simply feel like I'm getting pumped (no pun intended) for 150 bucks for a gas attendant to walk out there and snap the thing back together. I didn't break the pump Lou. If that was the case, I would have paid and the thread would have never been started. They simply put the break-away part of the pump back together. That is what it was made for.
Yep...you should be tazed....:D

Jordy
12-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Yep...you should be tazed....:D
Byron, stop hatin'... :notam:

OGShocker
12-05-2007, 08:09 AM
That sucks Nord.
I did that once in my old 24' box truck. I didn't realize it until some guy on the freeway pointed it out to me 10 miles later. I am not allowed to fuel up in Oklahoma now. :D

Nord
12-05-2007, 08:11 AM
THE POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS I DIDN'T BREAK ANYTHING. AS I STATED BEFORE, I AM GOING TO PAY THE 150. Taking care of my actions?? I walked into the gas station and left them all my info without them asking when this happened. I didn't flee the station for sh*ts sake lol.

Jbb
12-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Byron, stop hatin'... :notam:
I have a friend who owns a couple of gas stations.....people pull them all the time.....he fixes them.....and never charges anybody....:D

Jbb
12-05-2007, 08:12 AM
THE POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS I DIDN'T BREAK ANYTHING. AS I STATED BEFORE, I AM GOING TO PAY THE 150. Taking care of my actions?? I walked into the gas station and left them all my info without them asking when this happened. I didn't flee the station for sh*ts sake lol.
Can we get that Tazer off the charger.....We have a combative subject here.....:jawdrop:

plaster dave
12-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Be happy they didn't charge you for loss of business.:idea:

Caribbean Jet
12-05-2007, 08:15 AM
The hoses have breakway connections in them, they don't go back toegther. They cost about $150. Use to work nights at one in college.
Pay it, say your sorry.
So if you're walking through a grocery store and accidentally knock over a display and break a bunch of product or dent a bunch of cans. The store will either have to sell the product at a discount or send back, are you going to pay for it?
I say this is a part of business expenses. I would fight this.

Jordy
12-05-2007, 08:16 AM
THE POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS I DIDN'T BREAK ANYTHING.
What was the point then??? You not getting enough attention at home??? Thought some spotlight time in the HB barrel would make you feel better??? :idea:
and never charges anybody....:D
Perhaps they just didn't like Nord McLovin. :D

Dezertrider
12-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Don't worry Nord I got your back. One of my guys shut another Shell stations pumps of for several hours to cover your 150$.
They had to send a guy out to reset the pumps.

Nord
12-05-2007, 08:17 AM
I have a friend who owns a couple of gas stations.....people pull them all the time.....he fixes them.....and never charges anybody....:D
My point...................:D
Be happy they didn't charge you for loss of business.:idea:
Loss of business?? There are between 12-14 pumps. It was at 11:30 at night. They should get me for punitive damages as well:notam:

OutCole'd
12-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Can we get that Tazer off the charger.....We have a combative subject here.....:jawdrop:
LMAO....!!:D :D
Nord = Gangster thug.

Nord
12-05-2007, 08:25 AM
What was the point then??? You not getting enough attention at home??? Thought some spotlight time in the HB barrel would make you feel better??? :idea:
:D
Hi pot!!!! I'm Tea Kettle:D :devil: :D
Yes.......I'm kinda known for that around here........but only at 6:20 in the morning
:rolleyes: :D

pvhca
12-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I think you are correct in going back and paying for the damage, I also feel you have every right to make sure that your not getting HOSED! Ha Ha!! The only thing I question when you said all that's needed is that the nozzle needs to be reconnected are you sure that's all thats needed or is there more work entailed? I don't know. For whomever stated that it's the cost of doing business, you obviously don't, have never and will never own your own business, when someone makes a negligent error and it costs the owner significant $$$ than it should be the consumers responsibilty to make good, if the error was just a couple of bucks than maybe the owner can just let it go! Just my 2 cents as being a business owner for 13 years.

boatsntoys
12-05-2007, 08:26 AM
So if you're walking through a grocery store and accidentally knock over a display and break a bunch of product or dent a bunch of cans. The store will either have to sell the product at a discount or send back, are you going to pay for it?
What if you ran yourtruck into the gas pump knocked it over, then slid through the front doors.....Cost of doing business?

Nord
12-05-2007, 08:31 AM
What if you ran yourtruck into the gas pump knocked it over, then slid through the front doors.....Cost of doing business?
WTF:confused:

Jordy
12-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Why wouldn't you? YOU knocked it over. I suppose that dented cans wouldn't be as big of a deal as a bunch of broken jars, but the right thing to do would be to offer to pay for your mistake. It's called accepting responsibility. It's what most adults do. :notam:
Part of business expense??? So the store owner is just supposed to eat your mistake out of his bottom line??? I don't think so. It gets absorbed somewhere, and then when prices are adjusted to compensate for all the business expenses, I'd bet you're one of the first people to pitch a fit about the rising prices. Absolutely amazing. :notam: :notam:

boatsntoys
12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I think you are correct in going back and paying for the damage, I also feel you have every right to make sure that your not getting HOSED! Ha Ha!! The only thing I question when you said all that's needed is that the nozzle needs to be reconnected are you sure that's all thats needed or is there more work entailed? I don't know. For whomever stated that it's the cost of doing business, you obviously don't, have never and will never own your own business, when someone makes a negligent error and it costs the owner significant $$$ than it should be the consumers responsibilty to make good, if the error was just a couple of bucks than maybe the owner can just let it go! Just my 2 cents as being a business owner for 13 years.
If I had a gas station and one of my employees called me up and said that someone had ripped off a hose, then asked if they should go out and connect it. I would tell them HELL NO! I would call a professionsl and get them to reconnect it. I could not imagine what the COST OF BUSINESS would be if my CASHIER did not access the damage correctly, sprung a leak and blew up the station with customers in it. $150 is some cheap insurance to make sure it gets done correctly, especially if I was not on the premesis and could not see for myself, which most station owners are not.

mbrown2
12-05-2007, 08:41 AM
If I had a gas station and one of my employees called me up and said that someone had ripped off a hose, then asked if they should go out and connect it. I would tell them HELL NO! I would call a professionsl and get them to reconnect it. I could not imagine what the COST OF BUSINESS would be if my CASHIER did not access the damage correctly, sprung a leak and blew up the station with customers in it. $150 is some cheap insurance to make sure it gets done correctly, especially if I was not on the premesis and could not see for myself, which most station owners are not.
But Nord sells Cowboy boots...he is more then qualified to fix the pump...:)

boatsntoys
12-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Sorry a bit over the top. Just trying to see where you would draw the line on COST OF DOING BUSINESS?

Rattle Can Lou
12-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Nord, I'm not trying to bust your chops..point is that you had the opp. to put the deal back together, I think. Now, usually these places are understaffed and the attendant is watching the store,,yada, yada. So they call a company that services these things. I bet they have some certification or tag or somebody they have to answer to when one of those things gets pulled. I'm surprised they get somebody out there for 150.00. Let them show you the bill and verify it and pay it...

yopengo
12-05-2007, 08:45 AM
lmao :D
Good job.
:eek:
Did you tell them you were a Parker All-Star?
It’s a tough crowd this morning. :eek: :D

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 08:45 AM
:confused: ......I teach my kids, "you break it, you buy it". Accident or not, YOU are responsible for your actions IMO. Then tell them the lesson is to be more careful next time. ....So people don't have to run behind them fixing/paying for their mistakes, and cleaning their messes.
(not saying Nord did or didn't break anything, just commenting on the above example)

Nord
12-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Nord, I'm not trying to bust your chops..point is that you had the opp. to put the deal back together, I think. Now, usually these places are understaffed and the attendant is watching the store,,yada, yada. So they call a company that services these things. I bet they have some certification or tag or somebody they have to answer to when one of those things gets pulled. I'm surprised they get somebody out there for 150.00. Let them show you the bill and verify it and pay it...
BINGO!!!! This is where the problem is. They are having a problem showing me a receipt for the "reconnection fee" This is why I feel like I might be getting ripped off. I feel your previous post was ridiculous as I am a responsible adult. Don't judge my character because I am protecting myself. If they produce a receipt I will gladly pay. If they can't, how do I know they didn't reconnect the blasted thing and try to rip me off?

Dave C
12-05-2007, 08:51 AM
tell them to show you a bill or eat a dick.....:devil:
BINGO!!!! This is where the problem is. They are having a problem showing me a receipt for the "reconnection fee" This is why I feel like I might be getting ripped off. I feel your previous post was ridiculous as I am a responsible adult. Don't judge my character because I am protecting myself. If they produce a receipt I will gladly pay. If they can't, how do I know they didn't reconnect the blasted thing and try to rip me off?

Jbb
12-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Talking to St Nick like that ....will earn you 40 lashes, and a tazing....:mad:
some people...

Jetboatguru
12-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Nord, please dont take our angry RCL wrong. He is an out of work Santa looking for some Christmas spirit. Problem is he is a real grinch since they took away his photo gig this year. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Tony

mbrown2
12-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Nord, please dont take our angry RCL wrong. He is an out of work Santa looking for some Christmas spirit. Problem is he is a real grinch since they took away his photo gig this year. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Tony
LMAO...:)

Rexone
12-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Why wouldn't you? YOU knocked it over. I suppose that dented cans wouldn't be as big of a deal as a bunch of broken jars, but the right thing to do would be to offer to pay for your mistake. It's called accepting responsibility. It's what most adults do. :notam:
Part of business expense??? So the store owner is just supposed to eat your mistake out of his bottom line??? I don't think so. It gets absorbed somewhere, and then when prices are adjusted to compensate for all the business expenses, I'd bet you're one of the first people to pitch a fit about the rising prices. Absolutely amazing. :notam: :notam:
It's the entitlement mentality Jordy. I see it a lot these days. I think it's because kids for a large part are just given everything and don't have to work for shit (applies to many). They have no concept of what a biz owner has to go through to actually turn a profit at the end of the day nor that they paid actual money for the now broken chit. Nor concept of taking responsibility for one's own fock ups (parents fault there). They come out of school and think they're owed a high paying job, owed this, owed that, I've interviewed a bunch of young guys with zilch experience with this mentality.
I can guarantee if it was my grocery store the yahoo that knocked the chit over would be buyin it. I might let a jar of jelly slide but if it was substantial like a whole shelf a chit someone's gettin their wallet out besides me.

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 08:58 AM
:idea: ...In 5 years, when Al Gore has made all the cars electric, we won't have problems like this. ;)

topless
12-05-2007, 09:00 AM
You are 100% right Nord. Tell them you will gladly pay when they can produce the reciept. Otherwise, they write it off (if it really cost them anything) and get the money too. Did they speak with a thick middle eastern accent and call you an infidel?

boatsntoys
12-05-2007, 09:00 AM
It's the entitlement mentality Jordy. I see it a lot these days. I think it's because kids for a large part are just given everything and don't have to work for shit (applies to many). They have no concept of what a biz owner has to go through to actually turn a profit at the end of the day nor that they paid actual money for the now broken chit. Nor concept of taking responsibility for one's own fock ups (parents fault there). They come out of school and think they're owed a high paying job, owed this, owed that, I've interviewed a bunch of young guys with zilch experience with this mentality.
I can guarantee if it was my grocery store the yahoo that knocked the chit over would be buyin it. I might let a jar of jelly slide but if it was substantial like a whole shelf a chit someone's gettin their wallet out besides me.
Was the shelf secured properly? Or was it a set up cause you were over stocked on Jelly:D

Nord
12-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Wow............ I hope that is directed towards the fantasy grocery store comment and not me. I have never been given ANYTHING in my life and have worked since the age of 14. I also mowed lawns before that as my parents did not believe in an allowance. Rex..........is this geared toward me?

BOATDOC54626
12-05-2007, 09:07 AM
This thread is progressing nicely,,eh...

Rexone
12-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Wow............ I hope that is directed towards the fantasy grocery store comment and not me. I have never been given ANYTHING in my life and have worked since the age of 14. I also mowed lawns before that as my parents did not believe in an allowance. Rex..........is this geared toward me?
No Nord it was a general observation based on the grocery store thing Jordy was responding to.

Rexone
12-05-2007, 09:09 AM
This thread is progressing nicely,,eh...
200 post by lunch. waddaya think. :D

Rexone
12-05-2007, 09:10 AM
:idea: ...In 5 years, when Al Gore has made all the cars electric, we won't have problems like this. ;)
I hope he makes them waterproof so they float. Especially in low lying coastal areas. ;) :D

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 09:12 AM
200 post by lunch. waddaya think. :D
You're probably right......I'm going to reserve #76 now! :D

Jordy
12-05-2007, 09:12 AM
tell them to show you a bill or eat a dick.....:devil:
You're just begging for a jihad aren't you??? :jawdrop:

Nord
12-05-2007, 09:15 AM
LOL................. I love HB. Everyone is so quick to blast someone. If everyone read the first post, I simply said I felt I was being ripped off lol. I'm driving down to the gas station right now.
Standby.....................

Nord
12-05-2007, 09:16 AM
SILENCE!!!!!!!!! I KILL YOU! :D

Redwing247
12-05-2007, 09:17 AM
That's because you have boobs. :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44509&stc=1&d=1196869053
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:
I think she drove off with it still attached to the car. :D :D

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 09:17 AM
I hope he makes them waterproof so they float. Especially in low lying coastal areas. ;) :D
Al Gore is all knowing and all seeing....he will take care of us! ....You can read about him yourself in the Book of Revelations. ;)

Jordy
12-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Did you tell them you were a Parker All-Star?
They said they had heard all about the Allstars and weren't impressed. :notam:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23kh3rdtrip014sm.jpg

Rexone
12-05-2007, 09:19 AM
LOL................. I love HB. Everyone is so quick to blast someone. If everyone read the first post, I simply said I felt I was being ripped off lol. I'm driving down to the gas station right now.
that's great but who's gonna pay for the friggin jelly. :mad:

Nord
12-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Now now Jordy.................I still have the pic of your run in with the little girl if you'd like me to post that up. What was that story again?? :D

Jordy
12-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Now now Jordy.................I still have the pic of your run in with the little girl if you'd like me to post that up. What was that story again?? :D
It wasn't so much the girl, but the truck that posed the problem. ;)
Thought you were going to the gas station??? :idea:

thatguy
12-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Lets see, left vehicle with fuel hose running, entered store and made purchase while fueling, drove off without securing pump or vehicle.
And you are even asking this question? Afraid you are getting hosed?
You have got to be kidding me. Sounds just like the attitude my freaking teen stepkids have.:rolleyes:
Tommy

Jbb
12-05-2007, 09:29 AM
The obvious solution for Nord the Infidel....
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44518&stc=1&d=1196875711
ps......For even posting this here you are getting a 10 point infraction at RDP..........All the Best!

ChumpChange
12-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Ask for the receipt and call the company on the receipt. If this happens often, they may have just changed the date on an old invoice. It's a conspiracy I tell you.
Turn the emergency pump switch off when you leave. :D

Jordy
12-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Ask for the receipt and call the company on the receipt. If this happens often, they may have just changed the date on an old invoice. It's a conspiracy I tell you.
Turn the emergency pump switch off when you leave. :D
You want a receipt? I'll get you a receipt right now. Receipts are easy to come by. :D :D :D

Dave C
12-05-2007, 09:52 AM
f uck em if they can't take a joke.... I'm sick of this B.S..... speka da english or get the f uck out.....;) :eek:
Nord tell em to take the $150 and choke on it ;) ;)

BowTie Rick
12-05-2007, 09:53 AM
I am ordering some boots for the wife today from nord. :D

Wet Dream
12-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Not true. There are parts inside that keep it together under normal pulling and use. If the force becomes too great, there are parts that break apart in the event that someone drives off with the hose. A simple put it back together doesn't work. It LOOKS like it does, but not the case. Sorry.

Wet Dream
12-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Lets see, left vehicle with fuel hose running, entered store and made purchase while fueling, drove off without securing pump or vehicle.
And you are even asking this question? Afraid you are getting hosed?
You have got to be kidding me. Sounds just like the attitude my freaking teen stepkids have.:rolleyes:
Tommy
Wonder where they get THAT from . :D

Jordy
12-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Not true. There are parts inside that keep it together under normal pulling and use. If the force becomes too great, there are parts that break apart in the event that someone drives off with the hose. A simple put it back together doesn't work. It LOOKS like it does, but not the case. Sorry.
SHIT!!! There goes this thread. Someone brought facts into it. Nice job. :notam:
Now what? :idea:
Wonder if Kachina is open today? :D

thatguy
12-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Wonder where they get THAT from . :D
From 14 years with their real Dad. He's a nightmare.:eek:
Tommy

OutCole'd
12-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I am ordering some boots for the wife today from nord. :D
I bet they are going to be $150.00 more than normal.

IMPATIENT 1
12-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Pay it, say your sorry.
good advise!

Baja Big Dog
12-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Yep...run handicap plates, they have to pump your gas if more than one person is working.:D Dont think that dont piss them off:eek:

ChumpChange
12-05-2007, 10:22 AM
You want a receipt? I'll get you a receipt right now. Receipts are easy to come by. :D :D :D
Bingo. That's why you call the company as well. It's easy to find one liar but two is harder to come by.

Baja Big Dog
12-05-2007, 10:27 AM
most break-a-ways are just that, break-a-way, not break-a-way and put back together, some (maybe all) have a seal that has to be replaced when they become disconnected, and that seal has to installed by a certified tech, (yea, a tech could be a high school dropout that had a 15 minute crash course) but thems the rules!!!
Any one here that has a service based business knows what a service call costs, in my business, if one of your trucks breaks down on the road, Im gonna charge you $150 just to how up, some complain, and I guess the response that I give is the same the station owner can give you...if you dont want to pay for the service call....dont break down!!!:D

JetBoatRich
12-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Dude, take your lumps. Just pay the damn $150. You messed up...pay and move on. No biggie.
Take responsibility for your own actions. Everyone wants someone else to pay for their mistakes.:rolleyes: I don't get it.:confused:
:idea: :D :idea:

Jordy
12-05-2007, 10:31 AM
They don't have to show him jack. They can even mark it up for the time and trouble. Just pay the bill cuz if they take him to court the bill will be higher.
Rio
There ya go!!! If it was my station, I'd start off with about a $500 bill and go from there. If you weren't a jackass about it, you'd leave feeling pretty damn skippy about only paying $200 and you'd be telling all your friends how you showed me by not paying the $500 I started off with. :D

topless
What would Jesus do?:idea:

Kachina26
SHIT!!! There goes this thread. Someone brought facts into it. Nice job. :notam:
Word on the street is they are closing the doors at 5PM!

Jordy
12-05-2007, 10:32 AM
What would Jesus do?:idea:
Which Jesus are you talking about??? There are hundreds of thousands of them in LA. :notam:

RiverDave
12-05-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm amazed they said anything at all.. My mom broke one of those off once a few years back. The guy told her sorry for the inconvenience and have a nice day.
I can understand the man up and pay for it theory, but in this particular instance I would think the business would just pay for it and maintain a loyal customer. Not saying that they are obligated too, just that would be the route I would take if I owned the service station.
RD

Nord
12-05-2007, 10:37 AM
How am I a Jackass. I can't pay them anything until they have it all written up. I just got back and the girl said they will give me a bill later. How did me not paying anything get brought up in this thread lol.................
I feel like Brain when they call him Byron right now:D :D

Nord
12-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Man up and pay for it lol:D :D :D

Dave C
12-05-2007, 10:38 AM
u MUST be a business man... u already made a profit on this deal :)
between scammin people with your MLM and now this... you should be rich in no time...:D
There ya go!!! If it was my station, I'd start off with about a $500 bill and go from there. If you weren't a jackass about it, you'd leave feeling pretty damn skippy about only paying $200 and you'd be telling all your friends how you showed me by not paying the $500 I started off with. :D

roostwear
12-05-2007, 10:39 AM
What receipt? You posted
"I owe them 150 bucks because they had to have a guy go out and put the thing back on."
If that's true, they didn't call any service and don't HAVE any receipt. Worse than that, the $150 is actually an idiot fee.....

Dave C
12-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey NERD... what color was the jeep you were driving at the time of the gas pump incident?
How am I a Jackass. I can't pay them anything until they have it all written up. I just got back and the girl said they will give me a bill later. How did me not paying anything get brought up in this thread lol.................

Nord
12-05-2007, 10:43 AM
What receipt? You posted
"I owe them 150 bucks because they had to have a guy go out and put the thing back on."
If that's true, they didn't call any service and don't HAVE any receipt. Worse than that, the $150 is actually an idiot fee.....
The orignal call I recieved said they had to pay a tech to come out and fix it. Mind you.............I'm just waiting for the bill now;)

RiverDave
**** em and their buck fitty Nord!!
On top of that I think you should boycott the gas station and get everybody from ***boat to boycott it as well!! :mad: :mad:
RD :D

Nord
Hey NERD... what color was the jeep you were driving at the time of the gas pump incident?

Baja Big Dog
12-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Nord..
Were driving a Ford or a Chevy, this could play a major role in the charge.
I think they charge Chevy owners more!!!!

Jordy
12-05-2007, 10:49 AM
u MUST be a business man... u already made a profit on this deal :)
between scammin people with your MLM and now this... you should be rich in no time...:D
And there you have it. ;)

Nord
12-05-2007, 10:50 AM
My point...................
Loss of business?? There are between 12-14 pumps. It was at 11:30 at night. They should get me for punitive damages as well
Hi pot!!!! I'm Tea Kettle
Yes.......I'm kinda known for that around here........but only at 6:20 in the morning
SILENCE!!!!!!!!! I KILL YOU! :D
Man up and pay for it lol:D :D :D
The orignal call I recieved said they had to pay a tech to come out and fix it. Mind you.............I'm just waiting for the bill now;)
LMAO!!!!
All these posts lead up to me "not paying" so I better man up:D
HB INFIDELS!!!!!!

Nord
12-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Nord..
Were driving a Ford or a Chevy, this could play a major role in the charge.
I think they charge Chevy owners more!!!!
I think you might be on to something:idea:

riverbound
Nerd with an O:D :D :D
http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/GasPump-761091.jpg

topless
Which Jesus are you talking about??? There are hundreds of thousands of them in LA. :notam:
I was going to say what would Later do but we all know he would take donations.

riverbound
12-05-2007, 10:53 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/gas-pump2.jpg

Nord
12-05-2007, 10:57 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/gas-pump2.jpg
:eek: Apparently I should start a new thread on the great deal I got at the local gas station!!!

Jordy
12-05-2007, 10:59 AM
:eek: Apparently I should start a new thread on the great deal I got at the local gas station!!!
Or you could just look up. ;)
With an attention span like that, it's easy to see how you drove off with the hose still attached. :D

thatguy
12-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Well..............Maybe.
Tommy

Wet Dream
12-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Sorry, just doing my part in correcting some fool that thinks that damn just goes back together. ;)

Dave C
12-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Nrod

RitcheyRch
12-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Have heard that before but wasnt sure what truth there was to it.
Yep...run handicap plates, they have to pump your gas if more than one person is working.:D Dont think that dont piss them off:eek:

WYRD
12-05-2007, 11:13 AM
http://www.guangmingdaily.com.cn/image/Reconnectable_Breakaway004.gif
IMPORTANT: OPW products should be used in compliance with applicable federal, state, provincial, and local
laws and regulations. Product selection should be based on physical specifications and limitations and
compatibility with the environment and materials to be handled. OPW MAKES NO WARRANTY OF
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE. All illustrations and specifications in this literature are based on the
latest product information available at the time of publication. OPW reserves the right to make changes at any
time in prices, materials, specifications and models and to discontinue models without notice or obligation.
OPW 66REC Dry Reconnectable Breakaways (66REC)
The OPW 66REC is the first dry reconnectable breakaway for the conventional dispensing market. It is
designed to be installed on fuel dispensing hoses, and will separate when subjected to a designated pull force.
The dual valves seat automatically, stopping the flow of fuel and limiting any fuel spillage, while protecting the
dispensing equipment. When reconnecting the separated halves, the 66REC seals tightly on an O-ring before the
poppet stems engage to open the valve.
For proper operation on high-hanging hoses, the OPW 66REC 3/4" must always be installed with a
“straightening” hose with a minimum length of 9", such as the OPW 66H. For low hose applications, the OPW
66REC should be installed downstream of the retractor cable.
Table of Contents:
1. Features & Benefits
2. Dimensions
3. Flow Charts
4. Ordering Specifications and Replacement Parts
5. Additional Resources
Features & Benefits:
• Pull force - the 66REC-1000 will break away with a pull force of no more than 250 lbs.
• Unique double-poppet design - features low pressure drop.
• Coupling halves - protected by proven plastic sleeves.
• Easily reconnected - just “push and twist” until you hear the audible click, signifying the unit has been
correctly reconnected. Reconnection force approximately 15 lbs.• Line shock - the OPW 66REC is able to absorb the effects of normal line shock through the unique
design of the disconnecting features.
• May be reconnected under wet or dry hose conditions.
• Listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
• Design Working Pressure - OPW products are designed to work at 50 PSI maximum pressure.
Materials
Body: die cast zinc
Protective Sleeves: impact modified nylon
Main Seals: Viton®
Main Spring: stainless steel
Guide and Poppets: acetal
Sounds to me like NORD just might be right.....;)

Jordy
12-05-2007, 11:13 AM
I would have paid the 150 just to keep the subject on the DL and off of ***boat. :jawdrop:
:)
Yeah, but Nerd admitted he's not getting enough attention at home, so here we are... :D

WYRD
12-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Sorry, just doing my part in correcting some fool that thinks that damn just goes back together. ;)
hmmmm fool you say:confused: :D

Wet Dream
12-05-2007, 11:18 AM
You're assuming that this particular model is being used. If you read the whole thing, you would see that it is THE FIRST DRY RECONNECTABLE BREAKAWAY.

thatguy
12-05-2007, 11:19 AM
hmmmm fool you say:confused: :D
So, they had to "idiot proof" them?:idea:
Tommy

WYRD
12-05-2007, 11:23 AM
You're assuming that this particular model is being used. If you read the whole thing, you would see that it is THE FIRST DRY RECONNECTABLE BREAKAWAY.
no I dont know what model was used, but I could show you several other manufactuers versions with the same capibilities. Being in CA I am sure the latest designs are used on the fuel stations (much higher regulations than other states)
I am mearly pointing out that youre WRONG in stating they dont make them to go back together...:)

Miss Perfect
12-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Nord, I hope you learned a lesson..... never, ever, under any circumstances, post threads about something stupid you've done. They will haunt you forever. :jawdrop:

Wet Dream
12-05-2007, 11:26 AM
no I dont know what model was used, but I could show you several other manufactuers versions with the same capibilities. Being in CA I am sure the latest designs are used on the fuel stations (much higher regulations than other states)
I am mearly pointing out that youre WRONG in stating they dont make them to go back together...:)
No, I'm right, you're still wrong. They DO make then to go back together, but they require parts. I never said they DON'T go back together.

BarryMac
12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Nord, I hope you learned a lesson..... never, ever, under any circumstances, post threads about something stupid you've done. They will haunt you forever. :jawdrop:
That is coming from someone that knows this all to well... FUMP... :D

Jbb
12-05-2007, 11:33 AM
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44518&stc=1&d=1196875711
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/rexink.jpg

WYRD
12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
No, I'm right, you're still wrong. They DO make then to go back together, but they require parts. I never said they DON'T go back together.
OPW 66REC Dry Reconnectable Breakaway 3/4"
$60.69
OP66REC-1000
The OPW 66REC is the first dry reconnectable breakaway for the conventional dispensing market. It is designed to be installed on fuel dispensing hoses, and will separate when subjected to a designated pull force. The dual valves seat automatically, stopping the flow of fuel and limiting any fuel spillage, while protecting the dispensing equipment. When reconnecting the separated halves, the 66REC seals tightly on an O-ring before the poppet stems engage to open the valve.For proper operation on high-hanging hoses, the OPW 66REC 3/4" must always be installed with a “straightening” hose with a minimum length of 9" For low hose applications, the OPW 66REC should be installed downstream of the retractor cable.
Husky 3360 Reconnectable Safe-T-Break 3/4"
$57.26
HK3360
Features:
All Husky Safe-T-Breaks stop the flow of fuel on both sides of the seperation.
Unit Features unusual interface between a pre-loaded spring and a single turn wave spring that enables valve to resist sudden pressure build-up in hose and resultant nuisance seperations.
Unit separates at less than 200 lbs. pull force, which minimizes "backlash" force of separation, reducing damage to equipment
Model 3360 is reconnectable and retains U.L. listing after reconnection.
U.L. listed
Richards STTB-1010 Breakaway/Swivel - 1" Reusable "Re-snap" Breakaway / Swivel
$143.77
STTB-1010
FEATURES:
1" x 1"
Replaces Standard Swivel, Breakaway and Spacer Hose
Reduces connections (leak point possi- bilities) from five (5) to three (3)
Easy Reconnect at Waist Height
Installs at the Nozzle Regardless of Dispenser Style
Advanced Snap-Back Spring Mechanism .Reusable: Meets ("56711 and retains U.L. & U.L.C. Listing after Recoupling
360" Rotations at Middle Joint and at Male End
Double O-rings in Middle Joint and Male End
Eliminates Expensive Service Calls while Minimizing Down Time
No Repair Kit Needed
Richards T2000B Breakaway - 1" Reusable "Re-snap" Truck Stop Safe-T-Guard Breakaway
$79.56
T2000B
Bigger Diagram
FEATURES:
Superior Flow Rate
Advanced Snap-Back Spring Mechanism
Easy to Snap Back
Minimal Down Time
No Repair Kit Needed
Can Be Used Repeatedly
Valve Protectant
U.L. & U.L.C. Listed
Thats just a quick search Need any more?

RiverDave
12-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Print that diagram out Nord, and go see if they are using those break aways.. Or better yet figure out which breakaway they are using and google it. If it just snaps back together, well then.. I'd tell them to give you 150 bucks to keep your mouth shut! :D
RD

topless
12-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Nord, I hope you learned a lesson..... never, ever, under any circumstances, post threads about something stupid you've done. They will haunt you forever. :jawdrop:I think the lesson here is when they say don't worry about it, don't give your number to the girl behind the counter even though she's cute.

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Nord, you brought this whole flaming jackass thing on yourself by not starting this thread the way JBB taught us....."I heard about this guy....yadda, yadda, yadda....."
Then just insist that the "guy" was not you, you only want to know if think "he" should have to pay the $150......and that you never owned a Jeep.

Wet Dream
12-05-2007, 11:39 AM
WYRD, you still haven't figured it out. Go back, read ALL my posts in this thread, then you might be up to speed, and more informed on my stand.

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Print that diagram out Nord, and go see if they are using those break aways.. Or better yet figure out which breakaway they are using and google it. If it just snaps back together, well then.. I'd tell them to give you 150 bucks to keep your mouth shut! :D
RD
Come on Dave, you know with one call to the gas station you can clear this whole matter up!!! Hook a brother up will ya?

Dave C
12-05-2007, 11:41 AM
no I think it might be a bit longer than forever.
Look at WYRD bring facts into this thread... Jordy's gonna have a word with you.:devil:

It's Only Money
12-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Be a man. Your stoopidity <sp> broke it now pay for it. Big focking deal...$150? You've wasted more time than the cost of the item. Next time get your head out of your ass and finish your business instead of driving away 1/2 cocked. Of course, with your bitching about the $150 you seem to be less than 1/2 cocked.

WYRD
12-05-2007, 11:43 AM
WYRD, you still haven't figured it out. Go back, read ALL my posts in this thread, then you might be up to speed, and more informed on my stand.
I have figured it out, they DO make them so they just "snap" back together without buying any new parts. I can get you a complete shop drawing if you like...BTW before you answer I build fuel stations here in California so I have seen them a time or two;)

Dave C
12-05-2007, 11:43 AM
come on give us some credit.. You don't think we coulda bridged the gap and found out the NROD actually owned a jeep full of gas that was sunk in JBB's lake.....
Nord, you brought this whole flaming jackass thing on yourself by not starting this thread the way JBB taught us....."I heard about this guy....yadda, yadda, yadda....."
Then just insist that the "guy" was not you, you only want to know if think "he" should have to pay the $150......and that you never owned a Jeep.

WYRD
12-05-2007, 11:44 AM
no I think it might be a bit longer than forever.
Look at WYRD bring facts into this thread... Jordy's gonna have a word with you.:devil:
I know its ***boat Winter time, what was I thinking:D

Jbb
12-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I have figured it out, they DO make them so they just "snap" back together without buying any new parts. I can get you a complete shop drawing if you like...BTW before you answer I build fuel stations here in California so I have seen them a time or two;)
Bnag!.....:D

thatguy
12-05-2007, 11:53 AM
I must be slow. It's their hose, and their station. I'd certainly have a charge no matter what stinking fitting I had on it.
You know, even if it is the snap on kind, the damned thing cost money to buy and install on every hose initially BECAUSE of this kind of thing. I like the sign about $375.00 for snapping it. You bet I would be recouping my set up cost with a "snap on "charge.
Think about it, how does this sound:
"I shouldn't be charged for snapping it back together because you had the sense to spend money out of pocket to safeguard against my stupid mistake".
Tommy

Wet Dream
12-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Ok, so let go through this step by step.
Yes, they DO make them. We both know that, and we both agree.
Was this particular model used at this station? Doubtful, but if you have the pics to prove it, then thats another case and I'll STFU. But since they make these hoses, you assume that they are in use in every single f'ing station. Because if its NOT this reattachable hose, then there are PARTS REQUIRED to reattach the hose. Can you understand everything up this point? The use of the new hose is not a state requirement, its a option for businesses to adopt if they choose.
You abilty to provide shop drawings means nothing to this thread.

Nord
12-05-2007, 11:57 AM
:D :D Don't bring Byron into this lol:D

Jbb
12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I must be slow. It's their hose, and their station. I'd certainly have a charge no matter what stinking fitting I had on it.
You know, even if it is the snap on kind, the damned thing cost money to buy and install on every hose initially BECAUSE of this kind of thing. I like the sign about $375.00 for snapping it. You bet I would be recouping my set up cost with a "snap on "charge.
"I shouldn't be charged for snapping it back together because you had the sense to spend money out of pocket to safeguard against my stupid mistake".
Tommy
Circular logic........counterclockwise....:D

Jbb
12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
:D :D Don't bring Byron into this lol:D
Thank you...heathen.....and its Brian...:)

Jbb
12-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Was this particular model used at this station? Doubtful, but if you have the pics to prove it, then thats another case and I'll STFU. But since they make these hoses, you assume that they are in use in every single f'ing station. Because if its NOT this reattachable hose, then there are PARTS REQUIRED to reattach the hose. Can you understand everything up this point? The use of the new hose is not a state requirement, its a option for businesses to adopt if they choose.
Back steppin......:D

Jbb
12-05-2007, 12:08 PM
In and out quick....nobody gets hurt.....Maybe Nord is learning......challenged?

WYRD
12-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Ok by posting this
Your stating that all pumps require parts to put the hose back together...I dont see anything in your post stating that "newer" style pumps are able to reconnect..
then by posting this
youre implying Nord is a fool cause he thinks the damn (thing) goes back together..Which is Ironry at its best:idea:
I simply proved you wrong, and if I had the time today I would pull up a copy of Shells specifications to see what brand/model the use on their pumps. So just get over it...

Classic Daycruiser
12-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I believe leaving your car well refueling will get you a $500 fine if caught. :eek:
They are letting you off easy:D

RiverDave
12-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Tommy
WTF?
So should they be re-imbursed for the installation of the emergency shut off switch as well? You flipped the switch! You owe me 50 bucks for turning it back on!!!! :mad: :mad:
WTF? How does any of that make any sense?
RD

Jbb
12-05-2007, 12:20 PM
WTF?
So should they be re-imbursed for the installation of the emergency shut off switch as well? You flipped the switch! You owe me 50 bucks for turning it back on!!!! :mad: :mad:
RD
That's it...you're next to be tazed.....and a 10 pt infraction.....:mad: All the Best..:D

Wet Dream
12-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Back steppin......:D
Not at all.

Jbb
12-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Not at all.
Brown said you were....

Havasu1986
12-05-2007, 12:21 PM
What happened to the days when the gas station guy filled your tank, checked your oil and cleaned your window. :eek: :D

Wet Dream
12-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Ok by posting this
Your stating that all pumps require parts to put the hose back together...I dont see anything in your post stating that "newer" style pumps are able to reconnect..
then by posting this
youre implying Nord is a fool cause he thinks the damn (thing) goes back together..Which is Ironry at its best:idea:
I simply proved you wrong, and if I had the time today I would pull up a copy of Shells specifications to see what brand/model the use on their pumps. So just get over it...
This is complete nit picking. Where did you see that I wrote ALL PUMPS"? Get over it. And I never said Nord was a fool, there are plenty of other people that think you can reattach the damn things. I give, this is like arguing with someone who builds gas stations.:rolleyes:

WYRD
12-05-2007, 12:26 PM
This is complete nit picking. Where did you see that I wrote ALL PUMPS"? Get over it. And I never said Nord was a fool, there are plenty of other people that think you can reattach the damn things. I give, this is like arguing with someone who builds gas stations.:rolleyes:
finally:)

Wet Dream
12-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Brown said you were....
Liar liar pants on fire

topless
12-05-2007, 12:27 PM
What happened to the days when the gas station guy filled your tank, checked your oil and cleaned your window. :eek: :D
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/19/Gomer_Pyle.jpg

thatguy
12-05-2007, 12:29 PM
WTF?
RD
Emergency switch is required by law. Breakaway is not.
Tommy

Havasu1986
12-05-2007, 12:31 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/19/Gomer_Pyle.jpg
Nice find :D

RiverDave
12-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Emergency switch is required by law. Breakaway is not.
Tommy
So if someone quick disconnects an airline we should bill them for the fittings? :D
RD

djunkie
12-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I worked at a Chevron station when I was in High School. Saw this happen quite a few times. The pumps are designed to disconnect easily but they sure as hell don't reconnect easy for some reason. I remember a few times when my boss had to call someone out to reconnect it. I don't remember though if he made anyone pay.

centerhill condor
12-05-2007, 01:02 PM
So last night, I pulled a bonehead. I've seen this happen before, and they just reconnect it by pushing the thing back in the joint where it connects. They tell me not to worry just leave it there.
You've seen this before adn they tell you "just leave it there"...dude, pay the man and learn. Or send everybody on this thread a bill for say $10 'cause we're learning from you and should pay.
CC

OCMerrill
12-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Wow, I just read all this.
I sure can feel the winter time love now.
Hey Nord...I have a similar story...I hit a gas station overhang with a rented box truck years back. Broke TWO Spanish roof tiles and put a small dent in the corner of the box truck's box. It was a very light hit and it was because air brakes have a delay I just tapped the roof because I got to close.
The gas station owner had a roofer fix it (two Spanish tiles) and charged me for the roof fix and station down time while the roofer did his 10 min worth of work. Keep in mind the insurance I purchased from Rollins did not cover the box or what it hits. Only the chassis of the truck. One should read the fine print like it would have mattered. Nothing was available anyway.
It was an unreasonable sum of money the owner was after. The station sued me and I LOST even though there were what I thought reasonable offers by me to pay something.
So back in 1991 to close an entire gas station (Corner of El Toro Road and the 5 fwy Mobil at the time) for 10 min to re-attach roof tiles cost me $3,788 and change. The owner had Prof the Judge bought off on. Whatever.
Then I had to pay Rollins as well.
I do understand your point of view though but in terms of it going sideways this will be getting out of it easy.
At least based on what happened to me.

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Those guys are still around......They just do those things to their own cars now. I know, cuz I used to be one!!! :D

Liberator TJ1984
12-05-2007, 01:33 PM
NORD , just razzin' ya ! and you most likely would not had the parts !
We have one installed on our pump here at work. They most likely had to call their fuel supplier and come out to repair it as it takes a seal kit and several little brass ..screws/allen head.. retainer pins that shear off at a pre -determined amount of pull force ...some connectors have little brass Brads that do the same thing.......I'm sure they are just trying to re-coup the cost of calling the repairman out and cost of the re-seal kit ;)

Jordy
12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I know, cuz I used to be one!!! :D
HE HATES THESE CANS!!!! :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44533&d=1196890583

@theRVR
12-05-2007, 02:01 PM
you were thinkin of those Puppy pic;s, right?

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 02:04 PM
HE HATES THESE CANS!!!! :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44533&d=1196890583
That's not true.......It's only the illegal cans I have a problem with! :D

Rexone
12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm amazed they said anything at all.. My mom broke one of those off once a few years back. The guy told her sorry for the inconvenience and have a nice day.
I can understand the man up and pay for it theory, but in this particular instance I would think the business would just pay for it and maintain a loyal customer. Not saying that they are obligated too, just that would be the route I would take if I owned the service station.
RD
You gotta be fockin kiddin me.
I'll be right over and accidently fall through the door on you cnc mill. I'm sure it won't be a problem right when you have to call the service guy out to fix it. :rolleyes:
On a side note I'm disappointed in the post count of this thread. :mad:

RiverDave
12-05-2007, 04:39 PM
I'll be right over and accidently fall through the door on you cnc mill. I'm sure it won't be a problem right. :rolleyes:
Well to straighten your question out...
I don't have a CNC machine.. but lets say I did, and you came over and accidentally somehow someway managed to break one of the plexi windows on the door. It would then depend on some circumstances. If you were a customer of mine, I wouldn't even think about charging you for it.. I'd just get another peace of plexiglass, and fab it up and put it on the door, and apollogize for the unfortunate accident.
Now if you weren't a customer a mine it would go something like
"WTF !! WTF is wrong with you, you focking idiot! I hope you know your gonna pay for that dipshit!!"
In the case of the gas station, I would've written the 150 (if it in fact costs them 150) off and told the customer, that accidents happen and not to worry about it.
That clear it up? ;)
RD

TT_trawler
12-05-2007, 04:41 PM
you broke it... you're responsible. 150 sounds like you're getting off cheap.

djunkie
12-05-2007, 04:42 PM
No offense to Nord, BUT...... if i were to pull a bonehead move and drive off with the pump nozzle then I'd pay what they want to take care off it.

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 04:45 PM
No offense to Nord, BUT...... if i were to pull a bonehead move and drive off with the pump nozzle then I'd pay what they want to take care off it.
In addition to that....not even my Mother would ever know I did it! :rolleyes: ;)

Dave C
12-05-2007, 04:45 PM
yes but do you expect some of the cheap a-holes in here to understand this concept (i.e. your money is no good here Mr. Customer)?
Ya right. thanks for the chuckle.:D ;)
I don't have a CNC machine.. but lets say I did, and you came over and accidentally somehow someway managed to break one of the plexi windows on the door. It would then depend on some circumstances. If you were a customer of mine, I wouldn't even think about charging you for it.. I'd just get another peace of plexiglass, and fab it up and put it on the door, and apollogize for the unfortunate accident.
"WTF !! WTF is wrong with you, you focking idiot! I hope you know your gonna pay for that dipshit!!"
In the case of the gas station, I would've written the 150 (if it in fact costs them 150) off and told the customer, that accidents happen and not to worry about it.
That clear it up? ;)
RD

77charger
12-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I had a friend in high school whos dad owned a car wash gas station he had a sign on the pumps warnig people if they drove off with out disconnecting the pump from car they would be liable for the damage.Was a 50 dollar fee.it would break the sensor in the pump that determines if overflowing when filling up.And it happened often that was why he started charging and put up the warning signs.

djunkie
12-05-2007, 04:54 PM
In addition to that....not even my Mother would ever know I did it! :rolleyes: ;)
Thats for sure. I used to love watching people do it. The look on their faces was priceless. :D :D

HOSS
12-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Well,,,after reading this,,,I just gotta say,,,,YOUR PHUCIN~ STOOPID! Waht should I do? Tell them to eat crap bro. Thats what I`d do. The I`d never ever ever tell anyone I did that. Does that kinda clear it up?
Did you buy beer? Cause that may determine just how stoopid you really were. Drinking gives you an excuse to be a dumb assss.:D

Luckie Stiff
12-05-2007, 05:19 PM
AMEN!

thatguy
12-05-2007, 05:36 PM
So if someone quick disconnects an airline we should bill them for the fittings? :D
RD
Are you seriously comparing the two?:confused:
Fuel line deal is an "idot proof" measure. No offense.
Tommy

FOXMAN
12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
A good friend of mine owns a gas station.. AND NO,HE DOES'NT HAVE LAUNDRY WRAPPED AROUND HIS HEAD:D It might just snap together.. or the snap ring did just that.. snapped.. He fixes his own. If its a good customer, he eats it with a smile. If its somebody he doesnt know he charges them 30.00 bucks to cover the ring and some of his time.. This station might have HAD to call in somebody to change the coupler.. 150.00 is a good deal for you if thats what happened.

Nord
12-05-2007, 05:55 PM
To all the morons that keep telling me to pay up...........READ ALL MY POSTS IN THE THREAD:notam:
On a side note............THE PUMP WASN'T BROKEN
lol........I love how you guys comment without reading sh*t:D
Another side note...............They haven't contacted me since I showed up today:confused:

Jbb
12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I'll be right over and accidently fall through the door on you cnc mill. I'm sure it won't be a problem right when you have to call the service guy out to fix it. :rolleyes:
Sounds like you need to channel that agression, and anger, toward the buying public......into catalog making...:idea:

FOXMAN
12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
And if that doesnt make you feel better.. Back when i owned my own semi, I left the fuel island early one morning an just caught the edge of the pump with the trailer wheels. The pump looked like a Bud Light can that just went through a car crusher.. Not one pipe broke in the pump, just trashed the dispenser.. That cost my insurance company just under $6000.00..:sqeyes: :sqeyes: Had a pipe broke they would have had to bust up concrete to fix it. It scares me to think of what THAT would have cost:eek: :eek: And i'm alot more carefull while i'm at the gas station

plaster dave
12-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Dave what if this happens 2-3 times a month at these gas stations. Do you still eat it??? It sucks but he broke it and now he must pay to fix it! And it is not your right to say I can get it for this much $ because the station owner can use who they want to fix it.
$150x3 a month is $450x12 months is $5400.00 A year.Thats a lot of dough even if it is half that I am still charging customer for it because everyone knows that you buy gas from the cheapest station near you.:D
That clear it up? ;)
RD

thatguy
12-05-2007, 06:14 PM
To all the morons that keep telling me to pay up...........READ ALL MY POSTS IN THE THREAD:notam:
Another side note...............They haven't contacted me since I showed up today:confused:
I have read it all, and I know you never once said you would not pay.
But you have questioned their motives and that is what I disagree with.
Tommy
BTW- You did post this thread up, do you think that was moronic in any way?
I mean, besides the whole pump episode itself? :eek: :eek:

FOXMAN
12-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Nord.. If YOU KNOW FOR SURE you didnt snap the ring then dont pay.. And YES, I am a moron for wrecking the pump i ran over:D

Nord
12-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I have read it all, and I know you never once said you would not pay.
But you have questioned their motives and that is what I disagree with.
Tommy
BTW- You did post this thread up, do you think that was moronic in any way?
I mean, besides the whole pump episode itself? :eek: :eek:
The pump is made to break away and re-attach with no tech or tools needed.......I did my homework. So Why am I a moron if I want to know what I am getting charged for. There are other types of break-aways that do need a tech on site.......this is not the case. So you tell me?

centerhill condor
12-05-2007, 06:42 PM
A good friend of mine owns a gas station.. AND NO,HE DOES'NT HAVE LAUNDRY WRAPPED AROUND HIS HEAD:D .
that's the stuff!
CC

RiverToysJas
12-05-2007, 06:51 PM
;) .......I heard a few All-Stars rode through that station sportin' their colors, and well......you have nothing to worry about. :devil:

thatguy
12-05-2007, 07:01 PM
The pump is made to break away and re-attach with no tech or tools needed.......I did my homework. So Why am I a moron if I want to know what I am getting charged for. There are other types of break-aways that do need a tech on site.......this is not the case. So you tell me?
You are getting charged for the operators "foresight" if you will. Or, his losses prior to the instalation of the fittings. I see it as more of a sort of penalty charge than a repair charge. :(
Let me ask you this, on the pump itself, was there a DOT (I think) sticker telling you to not leave vehicle unattended while fueling? If you had monitored the fueling like you were supposed to, do you think it would have happened?
You are lucky that they had those fittings. You were in the wrong from the get go. You are asking them to validate the price of your mistake. In dollars. That can not be done without a repair invoice. $150.00 as a "flat rate" is not out of line, IMHO. It is an arbitrary price that they have presented.
Chances are that you will not hear from them again, just like half the motorists this month alone that did the same thing there. You pulled a bone head act (admittedly) and are debating the cost of it.
Try this, offer $75.00 and save face and feel better about not getting shafted, and paying for your mistake at the same time.
At least in lue of an actual bill.
Tommy

Nord
12-05-2007, 07:24 PM
You are getting charged for the operators "foresight" if you will. Or, his losses prior to the instalation of the fittings. I see it as more of a sort of penalty charge than a repair charge. :(
Let me ask you this, on the pump itself, was there a DOT (I think) sticker telling you to not leave vehicle unattended while fueling? If you had monitored the fueling like you were supposed to, do you think it would have happened?
You are lucky that they had those fittings. You were in the wrong from the get go. You are asking them to validate the price of your mistake. In dollars. That can not be done without a repair invoice. $150.00 as a "flat rate" is not out of line, IMHO. It is an arbitrary price that they have presented.
Chances are that you will not hear from them again, just like half the motorists this month alone that did the same thing there. You pulled a bone head act (admittedly) and are debating the cost of it.
Try this, offer $75.00 and save face and feel better about not getting shafted, and paying for your mistake at the same time.
At least in lue of an actual bill.
Tommy
They didn't lose a dime! Nothing broke. Nothing had to be replaced. I'll wait till they contact me and keep everyone informed. Until then, I have done everything I could to pay them, but they said they have to wait for the owner to contact them, then the owner will contact me......

mike37
12-05-2007, 07:26 PM
I was under the impression that the breakaway thing was required in Cali:confused:

thatguy
12-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Is it summer yet? :(
Tommy

Caribbean Jet
12-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Not quite the same thing. The pump has a break away fitting and it is meant to come off easy. If I distroyed something and it was not a simple fix you would be correct. That is not the case here. The break away hose worked and it was fixed in a matter of moments maybe hours. I'm not the owner of the gas station but I would look past a situation like this.

boatsntoys
12-05-2007, 08:14 PM
They didn't lose a dime! Nothing broke. Nothing had to be replaced. I'll wait till they contact me and keep everyone informed. Until then, I have done everything I could to pay them, but they said they have to wait for the owner to contact them, then the owner will contact me......
If they charge you $150.00 and there was really no damage, just charging you as a penalty charge.
Then your only recourse is to pay them, but never do business there again, ask your family and friends to do no business there. Tell me what station it is and I won't do business there. Won't take long for you to have the self satisfaction that the penalty charge you throw on him far surpasses what he charged you.
If they tell you "no harm no foul" then tell everyone you know to give this guy all the business they can and be loyal to someone who did not try to be an opportunist to your detriment.

Moneypitt
12-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Get some pictures. The pump fitting and YOUR vehicle.....Any damage to your vehicle??......You may get sued for $5000. a month from now. Do your homework now...........MP

scooooter7
12-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Let this be a lesson to us all. Don't stop if this happens to you, just keep on truckin!!!

Sleeper CP
12-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Wow,
Let this thread be a warning to all, unless you are a masochist or just enjoy getting kicked when you are down do not post anything like this.
Nord, you got worked over on this it would help it the ***boat crowd actually read what you put in front of them. I would hate to have some of these people on a jury if I was in court. :eek: How are your wounds this morning ? :)
You never quite know what's going to take off here, and this thread didn't even mention a threadmill.;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

Nord
12-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Wow,
Let this thread be a warning to all, unless you are a masochist or just enjoy getting kicked when you are down do not post anything like this.
Nord, you got worked over on this it would help it the ***boat crowd actually read what you put in front of them. I would hate to have some of these people on a jury if I was in court. :eek: How are your wounds this morning ? :)
You never quite know what's going to take off here, and this thread didn't even mention a threadmill.;)
Sleeper CP
HB doesn't hurt my feelings. You are right about what everyone reads on here though lol. The gas station hasn't contacted me. I am leaving to Vegas tonight so with my luck, they will be calling me in the middle of me having a good time. If they want to charge me........so be it. Until then, I am just waiting.......in Vegas..........with the Jack Daniels girl :)

desertbird
12-06-2007, 09:43 AM
76 station on the corner of SF Mission and Balboa. One one of the last that I know of.

WYRD
12-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Shhhhhhhh.......;) :D

SOCALDETAIL1
12-06-2007, 10:12 AM
76 station on the corner of SF Mission and Balboa. One one of the last that I know of.
Also a 76 in Marina Del Rey. It's weird to pass by it and see these guys filling up, washing windows and checking under the hood.

HM
12-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Sleeper CP
What is a threadmill?

Sleeper CP
12-06-2007, 11:23 AM
What is a threadmill?
A threadmill is generated when a treadmill is mentioned in a thread.
Pay attention please...:D
;) Exactly..... stupid finger's any way:mad:
Sleeper CP

BajaT
12-06-2007, 11:30 AM
This happened 15 yrs ago when I was working at a Shell, sounded like a vehicle went thru the pump. It was a whole lot more then $150 to replace. Sounds like they have since come up with better hoses.

FOURQ
12-06-2007, 12:56 PM
link to instructions to fix QD on hose (www.veeder.com/object/577013-887.html) bottom of PDF
link to instructions to fix QD on pump (http://www.arb.ca.gov/vapor/eos/eo-vr201/vr201202c_iom8.pdf)

Dave C
12-06-2007, 02:34 PM
so NROD's jeep was on a treadmill?:confused:

RiverDave
12-06-2007, 03:07 PM
link to instructions to fix QD on hose (www.veeder.com/object/577013-887.html) bottom of PDF
link to instructions to fix QD on pump (http://www.arb.ca.gov/vapor/eos/eo-vr201/vr201202c_iom8.pdf)
So I read 12 pages of instructions to basically.. Align and push together until it snaps. LOL
RD

b's sanger
12-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Bs...:p ...you pay it for him...:D
He should go down there, and hand them a bill ....$200 surcharge for calling at 6am......demand your $50 change...:D
Throw in an extra $20.00 for that lazy eye of yours.

Jbb
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM
So I read 12 pages of instructions to basically.. Align and push together until it snaps. LOL
RD
That Dave.....always a keen insight into the obvious....:D

77Woodbridge
12-06-2007, 06:26 PM
that's the stuff!
CC
I'm sorry that I only read the first post and this one....
I hope the damage has been paid for and that this post stops degrading. :)

77Woodbridge
12-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Well,,,after reading this,,,I just gotta say,,,,YOUR PHUCIN~ STOOPID! Waht should I do? Tell them to eat crap bro. Thats what I`d do. The I`d never ever ever tell anyone I did that. Does that kinda clear it up?
Did you buy beer? Cause that may determine just how stoopid you really were. Drinking gives you an excuse to be a dumb assss.:D
Sorry,...I meant to pull down this pearl of wisdom.:jawdrop:

FOURQ
12-06-2007, 06:42 PM
RD
yep that way if you make a boneheaded move like this you can identify if it is a reusable coupler or one that needs to be replaced, so you can fix it yourself and save the yourself the shame of coming on HB and getting hammered about what it is going to cost ya to fix
:)

FOXMAN
12-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Sorry,...I meant to pull down this pearl of wisdom.:jawdrop:
I was worried for a second:confused: That first quote was a quote in referecnce to my post. I think i'm in the clear? ;)

RiverDave
12-06-2007, 07:22 PM
That does not make sense, not in the least. It would be like me getting out of my car and telling the guy in front of me "Hey, you owe me $500 because I installed brakes so I didn't run into you."
That was kinda my point about a coupler that unsnaps, and resnaps back together.. (read the few posts above that one) and having to pay for... well no damage to anything?
RD

thatguy
12-07-2007, 03:14 AM
I guess we just have a different way of seeing this. When I make a mistake due to my lack of attention, I realize that my mistake usually has a price attached, monetarily or otherwise. Unlike the majority of society these days, I was taught about the consequences of my actions.
I will say this, I have fueled up several times since this thread was started and I thought of this every time! I doubt I will ever drive off with the hose. :D
Thanks Nord! Check is in the mail for the lesson! :D
Tommy

RiverDave
12-07-2007, 10:18 AM
I guess we just have a different way of seeing this. When I make a mistake due to my lack of attention, I realize that my mistake usually has a price attached, monetarily or otherwise. Unlike the majority of society these days, I was taught about the consequences of my actions.
So if you park your truck in a parking spot slightly over the line into a handicapped spot.. Get out and realize what you have done, and then move your truck correctly into your spot. Your telling me that you'd be banging down the door to the city to find out who you pay the fine too for Parking in a handicap spot?
I understand what your saying, but the point that your missing is that if (keyword) it does in fact just snap together, with no tech required etc, that you feel someone should have to pay. I don't get that.
I got a curveball for you. Lets happen to say YOU were a certified tech of snapping hose Quick disconnects back together. That is YOUR job day in and day out.. Well one morning you forget your coffe and bam.. Pulled one out yourself. Now YOUR certified, and you can put this thing back together in seconds. Hell lets say you even do put it back together. According to YOUR logic you'd run inside and offer to pay whatever your normal invoice would be for the service?
My main point is that if the device functions like an air fitting (snap apart, snap together), and NO TECH was called, nor any service was rendered, then why be billed some arbitrary number? (In this case 150). What if the gas station said 200? What if they said 5000? With no invoice, etc.. how much is too much? What is fair for this service? What might be fair to you (150) might not be fair to Nord? Or me? Or someone else?
Not that any of this matters, because the gas station as it turns out did hire a tech, and has an invoice for the 150.00 So Nord is going to pay for it.
My point is though to monday morning quarterback the situation and just say "pay pay pay and if you don't then obviously you weren't raised like I was" (insinuating you have some higher moral principal) isn't right. Fact of the matter is I've been sitting here for a week now watching the ***boat peanut gallery blast on Nord with regards to character...(when he never once said he wasn't going to pay) but the reality of the situation is, Nord's values and principals are uncomprimised, with regards to this gas station incident or any other.
I will say this, I have fueled up several times since this thread was started and I thought of this every time! I doubt I will ever drive off with the hose. :D
Thanks Nord! Check is in the mail for the lesson! :D
Tommy[/quote]
Well if I'm reading you right then Nord should expect a check in the mail for ??? Becuase you used his mistake as a learning experience, and that mistake cost him 150? (so you should be billed 150?) Same logic.
RD

Dave C
12-07-2007, 10:39 AM
You sound surprised? Isn't that what this place is all about? ..... :D ;)
Fact of the matter is I've been sitting here for a week now watching the ***boat peanut gallery blast on Nord with regards to character...(when he never once said he wasn't going to pay) but the reality of the situation is, Nord's values and principals are uncomprimised, with regards to this gas station incident or any other.
RD

thatguy
12-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Jesus RD, sorry I blew up. I started by saying "I guess we just see things differently". I ain't questioning anybody's character, nor am I claiming any high moral ground. Your comparisons are meaningless. I don't even know the man or claim to.
I don't know you either, but you seem a little combative compared to what I normally see you write.
In fact, this site is rapidly losing appeal for me. Is this how winter gets on here?
Tommy
PS- Did you notice the smileys in my post earlier?

ULTRA28
12-07-2007, 11:29 AM
My wife did this last summer on her way to Havasu (the new Chevron in Yuma off Fortuna). She started pumping gas and then the kids needed to use the bathroom, buy snacks and drinks. She forgot about the nozzle and it disconnected. She went inside and asked what she needed to do. The guy said just to leave it next to the pump and someone would go out and reconnect it. He said it happens all the time, no big deal.

RiverToysJas
12-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Speaking seriously now....which I rarely do.......I worked 5+ days a week at a gas station for about two years in high school. My boss owned a total of 3 gas stations and I never seen or heard of anyone ever driving away w/o taking the nozzle out. I wonder if people really were just less distracted back then (mid-80's).

Jbb
12-07-2007, 01:35 PM
So if you park your truck in a parking spot slightly over the line into a handicapped spot.. Get out and realize what you have done, and then move your truck correctly into your spot. Your telling me that you'd be banging down the door to the city to find out who you pay the fine too for Parking in a handicap spot?
I understand what your saying, but the point that your missing is that if (keyword) it does in fact just snap together, with no tech required etc, that you feel someone should have to pay. I don't get that.
I got a curveball for you. Lets happen to say YOU were a certified tech of snapping hose Quick disconnects back together. That is YOUR job day in and day out.. Well one morning you forget your coffe and bam.. Pulled one out yourself. Now YOUR certified, and you can put this thing back together in seconds. Hell lets say you even do put it back together. According to YOUR logic you'd run inside and offer to pay whatever your normal invoice would be for the service?
My main point is that if the device functions like an air fitting (snap apart, snap together), and NO TECH was called, nor any service was rendered, then why be billed some arbitrary number? (In this case 150). What if the gas station said 200? What if they said 5000? With no invoice, etc.. how much is too much? What is fair for this service? What might be fair to you (150) might not be fair to Nord? Or me? Or someone else?
Not that any of this matters, because the gas station as it turns out did hire a tech, and has an invoice for the 150.00 So Nord is going to pay for it.
My point is though to monday morning quarterback the situation and just say "pay pay pay and if you don't then obviously you weren't raised like I was" (insinuating you have some higher moral principal) isn't right. Fact of the matter is I've been sitting here for a week now watching the ***boat peanut gallery blast on Nord with regards to character...(when he never once said he wasn't going to pay) but the reality of the situation is, Nord's values and principals are uncomprimised, with regards to this gas station incident or any other.
Well if I'm reading you right then Nord should expect a check in the mail for ??? Becuase you used his mistake as a learning experience, and that mistake cost him 150? (so you should be billed 150?) Same logic.
RD[/QUOTE]
Sounds like somebody needs a good tazing.....:jawdrop:
RD SUX...

RiverDave
12-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Jesus RD, sorry I blew up. I started by saying "I guess we just see things differently". I ain't questioning anybody's character, nor am I claiming any high moral ground. Your comparisons are meaningless. I don't even know the man or claim to.
I don't know you either, but you seem a little combative compared to what I normally see you write.
In fact, this site is rapidly losing appeal for me. Is this how winter gets on here?
Tommy
PS- Did you notice the smileys in my post earlier?
Sorry for sounding "combative..." I was just debating the logic with you, wasn't trying to get personal or anything. Sometimes "tone" is lost with posts.
I don't see how the comparisons are meaningless though. The unit is actually called a "quick disconnect" and really isn't all that different all n all to an air hose fitting.
RD

thatguy
12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Sorry for sounding "combative..." I was just debating the logic with you, wasn't trying to get personal or anything. Sometimes "tone" is lost with posts.
I don't see how the comparisons are meaningless though. The unit is actually called a "quick disconnect" and really isn't all that different all n all to an air hose fitting.
RD
I am going to agree to disagree with you, fair enough? The act itself is getting lost in the discription of equipment. I see it as a "fine". Thats all.
Tommy
PS- I HAVE been tazed, Byron! By an ex-girlfriend. She did not realize the reason I was in her apartment when she walked in was that I had just banged her roomate..... on her bed! (She thought I was stalking) I suppose she would have tazed me twice if she knew that! :eek:

RiverToysJas
12-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Let's look at it this way. When a product is already in place and such a need is determined to exist that every product in the US will be retrofitted to combat this problem, it's probably more common than you realized.
I'm only saying I don't think it was as common 20+ years ago.
RTJas ;)

scooooter7
12-08-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm only saying I don't think it was as common 20+ years ago.
RTJas ;)
Cell phones.

SHOTKALLIN
12-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Dammit! Is RD off the Coca Cola & Carls Jr. again? :D

Jerrys59
12-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Maybe Hugo Chaves will pardon you :D

Ultracrazy
12-08-2007, 03:34 AM
RD
Sounds like somebody needs a good tazing.....:jawdrop:
RD SUX...[/QUOTE]
Pick me, pick me

OGShocker
12-17-2007, 10:59 AM
My wife did this last summer on her way to Havasu (the new Chevron in Yuma off Fortuna). She started pumping gas and then the kids needed to use the bathroom, buy snacks and drinks. She forgot about the nozzle and it disconnected. She went inside and asked what she needed to do. The guy said just to leave it next to the pump and someone would go out and reconnect it. He said it happens all the time, no big deal.
He probably remembers seeing her yell at you on TV and was scared shit-less...:D

Nord
12-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Paid the 150 today. The owner said he didn't have a copy of the reciept for work done............Whatever.

Jordy
12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Paid the 150 today. The owner said he didn't have a copy of the reciept for work done............Whatever.
Did you get a copy of the receipt for what you paid??? :idea:

Nord
12-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Of course;) I still think he just walked out reconnected the deal and charged me for nothing though.:sqeyes: :notam:

RiverToysJas
12-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Of course;) I still think he just walked out reconnected the deal and charged me for nothing though.:sqeyes: :notam:
No $hit.....that's how those things work! :rolleyes: DUH....